Brandon's announcement video tomorrow

Ixthos

29 minutes ago, Child of Hodor said:

THREE Cosmere novels set on world's we haven't seen yet! 2023 will be the Cosmere year with this and maybe SA 5. The anti-2021 :).

They met the ksickstarter goal in like 30 minutes lol. For a kicstarter that no one was expecting that's pretty great. 

Did he specifically say that they were on world's we haven't seen or just with characters we haven't seen?

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

BRANDON WROTE FIVE NOVELS IN SECRET!!!!!

And is making four of them available for preorder on kickstarter (for a total of 40$ for the ebook version)

4 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

will we be able to order the books separately in 2024? does anyone know that?

From the Kickstarter Q&A: "While we expect these books will eventually be available via standard publishing channels, these swag boxes will never be available again."

7 minutes ago, #1 Taln Fan said:

Is this something that will sell out? Do I need to snag it now? Can someone send a link to the Kickstarter? YouTube is blocked on my ipad

Nothing is limited, no need to worry.

Here's the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dragonsteel/surprise-four-secret-novels-by-brandon-sanderson/description

1 minute ago, vineyarddawg said:

Man, I'm glad Brandon came clean when he did.  If this had gone on another year, he might have accidentally finished the A Song of Ice and Fire series for GRRM.

(But glad everything was ok, too!)

Someone has to finish it, and smart money says it won't be Martin.

12 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

will we be able to order the books separately in 2024? does anyone know that?

In addition to what @Windrunner2319 wrote, here's some info from the Kickstarter description:

While regular hardcover and paperback editions with a traditional publisher are possible sometime in the future, after this campaign is fulfilled the premium version of this book might not be available again.

Edited by KandraAllomancer

I wonder if he wrote The Silence Divine (or a new version) during Covid. Brandon has mentioned the series at least twice during live signings and has admitted he has recieved many request for that series now, so I am a little suspicious he followed through. Writing that book might also take some pressure off of the 5th Stormlight to explain any of the pre-history Herald or pre-history Odium stuff (and sets us up for the back five) 

Edited by teknopathetic

8 minutes ago, teknopathetic said:

I wonder if he wrote The Silence Divine (or a new version) during Covid. Brandon has mentioned the series at least twice during live signings and has admitted he has recieved many request for that series now, so I am a little suspicious he followed through. Writing that book mifght also take some pressure off of the 5th Stormlight to explain any of the Herald or Odium stuff (and set us up for the back five) 

Yeah, I was wondering if Book #4 might be just that

Here are the mock-up non-final covers:

Click only if you want to have it spoiled. However, having seen the covers, I am no closer to knowing what these might be about. 
The only thing I can gleam is that the Blue Cover looks too silly to be Cosmere. 

Spoiler

a3e890c642960d634867aa7c88b10ddf_original.tif?ixlib=rb-4.0.2&w=680&fit=max&v=1646078671&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=68ce565f38bf6c707f239ec62a7cd0bf

Edited by teknopathetic

So I'm seriously wondering what this means for Brandon's relationship with Tor. By self-publishing, he's basically taking away huge sales from Tor and distributing them to Dragonsteel (his company) + Kickstarter.

I would be pretty disturbed if I were Tom Doherty, Harriet McDougal, and Jim Baen.

A projected $10 million (my guess) seems like a lot but I'm curious how many US sales Tor makes with Sanderson books normally...

3 minutes ago, trevorade said:

So I'm seriously wondering what this means for Brandon's relationship with Tor. By self-publishing, he's basically taking away huge sales from Tor and distributing them to Dragonsteel (his company) + Kickstarter.

I would be pretty disturbed if I were Tom Doherty, Harriet McDougal, and Jim Baen.

A projected $10 million (my guess) seems like a lot but I'm curious how many US sales Tor makes with Sanderson books normally...

according a post by Tor before the launch of RoW, the first 3 SA books had sold 4 Mill copies:
https://www.tor.com/2019/12/10/brandon-sandersons-stormlight-archive-book-4-arrives-on-november-17-2020/#:~:text=Tallied all together%2C The Stormlight,4 million copies to date.

So my heart was racing as he started that video and then I burst out laughing when he revealed his 'secret', haha. I laughed throughout the video too. Rothfuss and Martin probably hate him. 

I figure one of these may be Skyward related, possibly, but maybe not. Secret Book #3 looks like a character has a mist cloak and the other doesn't, Secret History 2 maybe? I'm going to love all the theories on this. Still holding out hope one is on Sel and the other on Nalthis. Or maybe we're finally getting the Sixth of Dusk and Silence novels we've been hoping for. Ah! So many possibilties!