Vasher, the master of Intent.

Slappyface

Not really a theory, but havent seen it disscussed alot.
As we progress the cosmere our characters are beginning to understand the importance of Intent, and ive been trying to think of what role Vasher will play in stormlight. 

I would argue that the best use of Intent we have seen is Vasher telling his cloak to protect him. That is such a loose term open to interpetation, that it really needs 100% control over your Intent.

Soo im hoping we will see Vasher not as a swordmaster, but as a teacher of Intent.

Thoughts? 

Edited by Slappyface
Missed a word

2 hours ago, Slappyface said:

Thanks for replying :)

Agree with the school, was more thinking in the lines of someone to turn to for guidance in that area.

on another note, Vasher needs to meet Navani so she can get some juicy info out of him :)

I feel like Vaher would be super paranoid that Navani would let the information get into the wrong hands, eventually... Like over the course of hundreds of years. Wouldn't you be paranoid about that stuff if you've lived for hundreds of years and watched as power dynamics change based on knowledge of things like Ichor alcohol.

I am hoping that he teaches people too.

I am dreading him using his Divine Breath... But in the back of my head, I cannot help but think that could be one way to fix Ishar. Then, I cringe at the centuries worth of knowledge that would be lost!

7 minutes ago, Kandrafish said:

I feel like Vaher would be super paranoid that Navani would let the information get into the wrong hands, eventually... Like over the course of hundreds of years. Wouldn't you be paranoid about that stuff if you've lived for hundreds of years and watched as power dynamics change based on knowledge of things like Ichor alcohol.

I am dreading him using his Divine Breath... But in the back of my head, I cannot help but think that could be one way to fix Ishar. Then, I cringe at the centuries worth of knowledge that would be lost!

Question is, how much he allready told Vivienna. She has Awakened Sword, after all, Shardblade of not Rosharan origin.

41 minutes ago, Kandrafish said:

Im more hoping he starts taking Kaladin's "classes".  Dude is seriously depressed, questioning whether he's even a real person anymore. Id love to see him and a herald or two in a support group.    

32 minutes ago, Bzhydack said:

Question is, how much he allready told Vivienna. She has Awakened Sword, after all, Shardblade of not Rosharan origin.

Im pretty sure Yesteel made that, since him discovering the secret is supposed to be topic of the Nightblood sequel. At most I could see her making it with Yesteel's help a lot more than Vasher's, and we know things didnt exactly end with them on good terms if the current state of things is any indication.  

Edited by Quantus

18 minutes ago, Quantus said:

Im more hoping he starts taking Kaladin's "classes".  Dude is seriously depressed, questioning whether he's even a real person anymore. Id love to see him and a herald or tow in a support group. 

So, we are going to see psychological clinic for Cognitive Shadows?

Taln, Shalash, Ishar, Vasher, maybe Kelsier...

5 minutes ago, Bzhydack said:

So, we are going to see psychological clinic for Cognitive Shadows?

Taln, Shalash, Ishar, Vasher, maybe Kelsier...

Kelsier is the sort that would need to be sentenced to such classes by the courts, but I doubt he'd go willingly.  I could be making assumptions about his current mental state, though.  

Add Leshwi, and any Fused that are willing.

Nightblood should at least listen in, I suspect he will face similar issues eventually. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2022 at 2:29 PM, Quantus said:

Im pretty sure Yesteel made that, since him discovering the secret is supposed to be topic of the Nightblood sequel. At most I could see her making it with Yesteel's help a lot more than Vasher's, and we know things didnt exactly end with them on good terms if the current state of things is any indication.  

Interestingly, in the current plans it seems like the sword was made post-Nightblood novel and Vasher didn't know about it until recently.

Questioner

Is Vasher aware of Vivenna's sword?

Brandon Sanderson

Vasher is aware of Vivenna's sword by now.

Questioner

And does he approve of it?

Brandon Sanderson

Vasher needs more information. I'm going to say his initial response is, "That's stupid, never do things like that." But I haven't written the Nightblood book yet, so when I write the book, it might turn out that I need to accelerate some of that, so he might actually have known by then. Right now, in the timelines, he didn't know, it happened after. Big asterisk on book that's not written yet, that the outlines could change on.

Which... huh. Nooot what I would have guessed in a million years.

On 2/8/2022 at 3:58 PM, Quantus said:

Kelsier is the sort that would need to be sentenced to such classes by the courts, but I doubt he'd go willingly.  I could be making assumptions about his current mental state, though.  

I would like to agree with the sentiment that Kelsier would not go willingly

putting him in a room with the Heralds, Fused, Vasher, ends up with someone dead