So Edgil is not a dragon.

Frustration

Yep. It also means that Tanavast and Koravari were a human dragon relationship, which is really interesting.

Koravari being the only dragon to take a Shard also leads me to believe that the other dragons had some reason to keep out of it (maybe cultural, or maybe they agreed on a non-intervention procedure like Frost seems to rely on nowadays), which Koravari obviously ignored - presumably because of her relationship to Tanavast?

It makes her a quite a bit more interesting as a character, I think. This WOB makes it seem like she was an outsider, when I think about it.

6 minutes ago, Elegy said:

Yep. It also means that Tanavast and Koravari were a human dragon relationship, which is really interesting.

Technically, it only specifies current Vessels, so we don't know about Tanavast, Aona, or Skai. (Could also be Sho Del.) But yeah it lends some weight to that argument for sure.

7 minutes ago, LewsTherinTelescope said:

Technically, it only specifies current Vessels, so we don't know about Tanavast, Aona, or Skai. (Could also be Sho Del.)

technically couldn't leras or ati be dragons too

sure they looked human when they died

but dragons are shapeshifters and all that

Edited by ookla the quantificational

50 minutes ago, LewsTherinTelescope said:

Technically, it only specifies current Vessels, so we don't know about Tanavast, Aona, or Skai. (Could also be Sho Del.) But yeah it lends some weight to that argument for sure.

Yeah, it's admittedly not clear how exactly he meant it. I interpreted the "right now" as "if I don't change things", but yes, it could also mean "at the time of Stormlight" :huh:

Just now, Elegy said:

Yeah, it's admittedly not clear how exactly he meant it. I interpreted the "right now" as "if I don't change things", but yes, it could also mean "at the time of Stormlight" :huh:

I took it as, "this is how I have it right now" myself

4 hours ago, ookla the quantificational said:

technically couldn't leras or ati be dragons too

sure they looked human when they died

but dragons are shapeshifters and all that

We saw Leras at least drop a human body, and I suspect (but certainly couldnt prove) that a dragon Shard would drop their original/native draconic form.

EDIT:  Im assuming here that your native form has the same sort of "lowest energy state" snap-back that your native age does for a human.  It might be a clarification worth asking: Do shapeshifters like dragons have that same sort of spiritual pressure toward their Native Form?

Edited by Ookla the Ingeniator

18 hours ago, Elegy said:

Koravari being the only dragon to take a Shard also leads me to believe that the other dragons had some reason to keep out of it (maybe cultural, or maybe they agreed on a non-intervention procedure like Frost seems to rely on nowadays), which Koravari obviously ignored - presumably because of her relationship to Tanavast?

A Shard basically means brain damage. You are no longer free in your actions. It grants, however, immortality and immense magical powers. Yet dragons already have immortalty and considerable powers. A Shard is less attractive to a dragon due to a simple rational analysis of costs and benefits.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, MasterK-Bob said:

Yeah, I read this as, "As of now there is only one dragon that is a shard that you know about." And that this says nothing about Edgli or Bhavadin for sure.

I ment more as far as you are aware in the time sense, meaning as of RoW or, As far along as you are aware of each shard.

Because it very clearly is a statement about the other vessels.