Zvso – A Roleplay

Mystic Syn

"You live here in the slums, right? They'll know who you are. I'm obscure. If there's any chance that we could start anything here, then the less they know, the better." Elya turned her gaze to the new girl. "I'll take her instead." See if she's worth all the bravado.

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"You live here in the slums, right? They'll know who you are. I'm obscure. If there's any chance that we could start anything here, then the less they know, the better." Elya turned his gaze to the new girl. "I'll take her instead." See if she's worth all the bravado.

"his gaze"?

Great. Now I'm just gonna be stuck with the scary lady. For all I know, she's just gonna try to get me killed.

Yes, ofc.

Ji narrowed his eyes at Elya, obviously wanting to retort a very colorful argument back at her, but refrained. He shook his head. "I do know the slums better than just about anyone," he said, then rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Do your own thing."

I have no clue how the streets work so uhh...

"The last I saw of them was about two blocks east. I'm really not even sure if they were following me or if they just happened to be going the same way as me, but I didn't see them after I turned there."

I don't want to interrupt any events coming up, but I've been meaning to throw this out there and I finally got the time to do so. 

Sitting cross-legged on the front steps of the ruined hospital, Locke stared blankly ahead towards the empty street in front of him, his sleepless eyes watching the thin trail of smoke rising from the cigarette on his lips. Mindlessly tapping a small piece of paper between his scraped fingers, Locke pointedly ignored the stings of pain coming from the new cuts and bruises on his hands as he recalled the events from the previous night.

Seconds always seemed to drag on like days, and days constantly slipped by like seconds, but somehow last night had felt different. For the first time in a long time, Locke felt something that he hadn’t in years, as though a pile of embers deep inside of him were being stoked back to life. Embers that were slowly restoring a small flame, one that Locke couldn’t decide whether or not it was destined to grow or if it should never have been brought back to life at all. After all, only a fool burns himself by the same fire twice… Maybe that was why Locke hadn’t entered the hospital to confront the other Mystics.

With a deep breath, Locke closed his eyes as he sat quietly outside the abandoned hospital.

Spoiler

Locke would have arrived shortly after Lyanör, and depending on if everyone does a timeskip he may be there for any amount of time.

I feel like I’ve been neglecting S4S, so… sry.

Ji mumbled to himself as he kicked the debris to a more organized pile. Since there was going to be more people living with him, it was going to be a lot more messy. ‘Course, he could always run to one of his other safe houses, but those ones tended to attract more visitors; this one was always the safest out of them all, knowing the history and what people do to veer away from it. Now that it was going to be their base of operations, it was going to be a bit harder to keep to himself. There were many rooms and floors, sure, but they were breaking down on their own, and Ji felt more safe on the bottom floor with an easier access to the exit.

He ran his hand through his white streaked hair, ruffling it up before brushing it out of his face. There were some things outside he had to take care of, sooner rather than later. Ji walked past Ne’ik, barely giving him a glance as he moved towards the exit. He opened the door, looked around, then stepped outside. Stretching a bit, it felt good to be breathing actual air that wasn’t hadn’t been used already or was stale. Ji surveyed the windows, nodding as he saw them boarded up, but his gaze fell on something else… well, more of someone.

“Can I help you?” Ji called out, his hand twitching at his side.

@S4S

5 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

I feel like I’ve been neglecting S4S, so… sry.

No worries- had a lot of stuff come up this week so I haven't been really available. Locke has been being productive and doing things off-scene though, so it's fine.

6 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

“Can I help you?” Ji called out, his hand twitching at his side.

Locke's fingers stopped tapping the paper in his hands when he heard the voice next to him. Lazily opening his eyes, he glanced over at the young man who had stepped out from the run-down building behind him. Unmoving from his position on the steps, Locke said nothing for a few moments as he looked at the Mystic up and down.

"Actually, maybe you could," Locke said softly, small puffs of smoke escaping his lips while he spoke, "I'm looking for Ji Naito- you happen to know who that is?"

1 hour ago, DramaQueen said:

"The last I saw of them was about two blocks east. I'm really not even sure if they were following me or if they just happened to be going the same way as me, but I didn't see them after I turned there."

Pulling out a small throwing knife, Elya kept looking. "I don't see anyone. Seems like you actually managed to shake them."

12 minutes ago, S4S said:

Locke's fingers stopped tapping the paper in his hands when he heard the voice next to him. Lazily opening his eyes, he glanced over at the young man who had stepped out from the run-down building behind him. Unmoving from his position on the steps, Locke said nothing for a few moments as he looked at the Mystic up and down.

"Actually, maybe you could," Locke said softly, small puffs of smoke escaping his lips while he spoke, "I'm looking for Ji Naito- you happen to know who that is?"

Ji’s hand twitched again, his veins flickering on and off. “Who’s asking?”

22 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Pulling out a small throwing knife, Elya kept looking. "I don't see anyone. Seems like you actually managed to shake them."

Lyanör inwardly breathed a sigh of relief. "So...does that mean I'm in?" she asked eagerly.

2 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

Ji’s hand twitched again, his veins flickering on and off. “Who’s asking?”

Locke noted the pulses of Mystic energy on the young man's arms, then exhaled a cloud of smoke with a slight air of annoyance. Straightening his back to sit more upright, Locke let his head hang back in minor mockery with his cigarette poking straight up in the air.

"Why, the Doshvid Monks themselves of course!" he scoffed to the sky with a posh accent, before lethargically rolling his head to the side to look over at the Mystic.

"Who's asking?" Locke continued, dropping his accent and returning his voice back to a deeper and softer octave, "Just some random bum on the street that you'll probably forget by tomorrow morning. All I'm asking is if you know the man."