Zvso – A Roleplay

Mystic Syn

3 minutes ago, S4S said:

"Who's asking?" Locke continued, dropping his accent and returning his voice back to a deeper and softer octave, "Just some random bum on the street that you'll probably forget by tomorrow morning. All I'm asking is if you know the man."

DC463CB1-5AF6-487D-A41A-FE6921BEE4B8.jpeg.3b964180686798ca58ff337b4f366ca0.jpeg

His lip twitched upwards as he studied the stranger. Ji tilted his head at him, debating on what to tell him. One shouldn’t give themselves away so easily, but at the same time…

“Know him?” Ji echoed, setting a glare on the man. “I am him. What do you want?”

9 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Elya threw a dagger at them.

Spoiler

If you're referring to Lyanör, which I think you are, *her

Lyanör let out a yelp, hopping out of the way and simultaneously holding out a hand to block the dagger--it was mere chance that her hand hit against the dagger's handle right as it passed her and, by instinct, her hand closed around it. Her catch impressed herself, and she stared at the dagger with wide eyes. "Woah." Then she turned to Elya. "What in the world was that for??"

3 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

"That does seem like a suitably psychopathic induction method, I suppose. Want to try me next, or have I proven myself enough?"

Elya and Lyanör aren't at the hospital anymore, I think.

Edited by DramaQueen

I love that Obi-Wan meme, haha!

1 hour ago, Mystic Syn said:

“Know him?” Ji echoed, setting a glare on the man. “I am him. What do you want?”

Locke couldn't help but let a smile at the corner of his mouth slip. Nodding slowly to himself, he casually began rise to his feet.

"The Pacis' need to update your wanted photo," Locke said with a grunt as he stood upright and brushed some dust off his pants, "Their pictures makes you look like you're only twelve."

Pausing for a moment, Locke glanced back over at Ji with the corner of his eye before continuing.

“Because that was when I started to fight back,” he growled, his hand clenched tightly in a fist as his veins glowed softly.

Ji continued to glare at the man, debating on if it would be worth it to use his apparitions. He was in a public space, after all. Last time he tried, he’d been called out and chased and ended up in this situation. He didn’t know whether or not this man was dangerous; he could very well be a Mystic, maybe even a Purebred, unlike the Mutt he was. Ji tilted his head back and forth.

“What else do you know about me?” Ji asked instead. “More importantly: What do you want?”

10 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

“What else do you know about me?” Ji asked instead. “More importantly: What do you want?”

Leaning his shoulder against one of the boarded up windows of the hospital, Locke glanced over to his right towards the vacant street.

"Not much," Locke said with a shrug, "Ji Naito, eighteen years old. A dangerous Mystic, presumed to be a Transporter at the very least, though some speculate you might be more than that- in particular the Pacis that have been hunting you for years now. They've been chasing you relentlessly through the streets, like a dog off its leash."

Locke paused for a moment before continuing, narrowing his eyes as though he were picking each spoken word with extreme care.

"You're not just running from the Pacis though, but as you so kindly pointed out, you 'started to fight back'. But that's where the trail ends- there are always rumors, but no one really seems to know why you had to start fighting back in the first place."

Turning back to look at Ji, Locke looked him square in the eye with a calculating glance.

"What do I want? I want to know why you fight back."

Ji let out a calming breath, studying the man further. ‘Course, he came up with nothing, as people reading hadn’t always been his strongest part. But what he could gather… well, Ji didn’t particularly like. At the same time, though, he knew he couldn’t just run from this man; he knew where his main safe house was, he knew what he looked like, and he could send the Pacis after him without a second thought. It wasn’t like he hadn’t dealt with this before, but at the same time… something about this man was off, like he knew more than what he was telling Ji.

Elya is not going to like this, he thought as his vein glowing finally subsided. But it’s not there’s much else I can do about this.

Ji pushed the door open, then gestured inside. “Well, not where the public can see,” he hissed.

10 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

Ji pushed the door open, then gestured inside. “Well, not where the public can see,” he hissed.

Locke raised an eyebrow, glancing out at the empty street then back at Ji.

"Right..." he mused, before shaking his head and pushing himself off the window. Dropping his cigarette onto the stone at his feet, he ground the embers under his boot before kicking the discarded remains off the step and into some weeds at the base of the building.

"For your sake and mine," Locke said while blowing out the last few vapors of smoke from his lungs, "I should probably let you know that a certain individual in this city has a letter I wrote explaining that I have gone looking for Ji Naito near the old abandoned hospital, along with other more sensitive information regarding certain activities I know of here in the slums. Before coming here, I instructed that individual that if I'm not back by sundown to retrieve that letter from them, they are to deliver it directly to the Pacis. I can assure you that given this individual's circumstances, they will not hesitate to deliver that letter to the Pacis if I do not return to them this evening."

Locke began making his way towards the open doorway, "Consider it my insurance- I'd prefer that I don't end up walking into a trap only to leave this building in a body-bag, if you understand my meaning?"

16 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

Ji narrowed his eyes, but nodded, and gestured again towards the indoors. “Yes yes, now get in.”

Nodding in response, Locke slowly stepped through the doorway and into the larger open room, noting a couple of other people who were already inside- some he had remembered seeing from yesterday, but one or two of them were unfamiliar faces. While he hadn't really been listening in on the shouting that had been going on inside the building when he first arrived, he thought there would have been more people based on the number of voices he heard earlier; perhaps some of them had slipped off into one of the side rooms?

Stepping to the side as he entered the hospital, Locke waited for Ji while also keeping the others in his field of view.

Ji carefully closed the door behind them, taking a peek out of the cracks in the boarded windows before looking back. He stuffed his hands in his pockets, then motioned with his head to follow him to a room off to the side.

"Well, c'mon," he said, sounding exasperated as he started his way to the side room.

11 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Well, c'mon," he said, sounding exasperated as he started his way to the side room.

At Ji's direction, Locke followed him towards one of the side rooms. This wasn't the first time Locke had been in a situation like this, and he had learned by experience to only go where he was instructed. No use in wandering off wherever he wanted to, only to make Ji more stressed or end up with a knife in his back for stepping where he shouldn't.

As he made his way to the smaller doorway, he stopped for just a moment when he heard the front door open once more.

48 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Elya re-entered the hideout right about there. "Another one?"

Locke gave no remark to the Mystic's comment. He only narrowed his eyes slightly at her before stepping out of the Mystic's view and into Ji's designated side room.

57 minutes ago, S4S said:

Locke gave no remark to the Mystic's comment. He only narrowed his eyes slightly at her before stepping out of the Mystic's view and into Ji's designated side room.

Ji only nodded towards Elya as he let Locke in. Carefully closing the door, he turned towards the man and folded his arms.

”Alright,” Ji said, looking up at the man. “What do you want to know about my reasoning?”

12 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

”Alright,” Ji said, looking up at the man. “What do you want to know about my reasoning?”

Moving to the far end of the compact room, Locke observed an old window strewn with cobwebs and dust that was boarded up from the outside. Propping his elbow against the dirty sill, he glanced back at Ji.

"Well, that's exactly what I'm curious about," began Locke, "What is your reasoning, Ji Naito? Why do you 'fight back'?"

54 minutes ago, S4S said:

"Well, that's exactly what I'm curious about," began Locke, "What is your reasoning, Ji Naito? Why do you 'fight back'?"

Ji leaned on the edge of the doorway, tapping his elbow with a finger. He let out a sigh. “You won’t stop bothering me about it,” he said, finally. “I fight back because of what they do to Mystics, whether they have a choice or not. I mostly fight back because of what they did to me.”

1 hour ago, Mystic Syn said:

“You won’t stop bothering me about it,” he said, finally. “I fight back because of what they do to Mystics, whether they have a choice or not. I mostly fight back because of what they did to me.”

Locke said nothing as his gaze fell to an empty corner of the room.

"Revenge..." he whispered softly, almost as if to himself. Seconds passed as a distant look veiled Locke's eyes, before finally giving a few shallow nods as he turned back to Ji.

"If that is why you fight, then I only have one final question... Where does your fight end?"

17 minutes ago, S4S said:

"If that is why you fight, then I only have one final question... Where does your fight end?"

Ji’s frown deepened. His gaze wandered off, looking at nothing as the memories flashed in his eyes. They weren’t filled with sadness, but silent, boiling anger; the one where if someone were to see it, they would turn the other direction. The memories couldn’t be told through words, but you could feel them. Ji closed his eyes for a moment, then opened them to return Locke’s gaze.

“It ends when I see her bloodied and broken,” he snarled, his voice a soft, but sharp whisper. His veins began to glow softly. “It ends when I see the Angel of Death suffering for what she did to me, for what she, and the Pacis, have made me into. It ends when I see her friends and family dead and with nothing she can do about it. It ends–” Ji stared Locke straight in the eye, a fire burning angrily in his own “–when she is dead.”

Edited by Mystic Syn

16 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

“It ends when I see her bloodied and broken,” he snarled, his voice a soft, but sharp whisper. His veins began to glow softly. “It ends when I see the Angel of Death suffering for what she did to me, for what she, and the Pacis, have made me into. It ends when I see her friends and family dead and with nothing she can do about it. It ends–” Ji stared Locke straight in the eye, a fire burning angrily in his own “–when she is dead.”

Locke met Ji's eyes, feeling the burning fury behind every word that was spoken. Expressionless yet still holding an air of solemnity, Locke finally broke away from Ji's gaze after nearly a full minute of silence.

"You know, I once knew someone like you..." Locke said softly.

Placing the folded piece of paper still held in his fingers back into his jacket pocket, he pushed himself upright from the window sill. Then, brushing the loose dirt from his sleeve and straightening his jacket, Locke placed his hands into his pockets.

"The Pacis can't stop you, and neither can I. But from one person trapped in these slums to another..." Locke paused for a moment, as though he were struggling to find the words to say, "... It never goes away Ji... After all is said and done, when this Angel you're looking for is nothing more than a lifeless corpse, and every walkway in Odhek is stained red with the blood of the Pacis who stood in your way..."

Locke looked into Ji's eyes one more time, nodding pointedly towards him.

"That feeling... it never goes away."