Zvso – A Roleplay

Mystic Syn

1 hour ago, S4S said:

"The Pacis can't stop you, and neither can I. But from one person trapped in these slums to another..." Locke paused for a moment, as though he were struggling to find the words to say, "... It never goes away Ji... After all is said and done, when this Angel you're looking for is nothing more than a lifeless corpse, and every walkway in Odhek is stained red with the blood of the Pacis who stood in your way..."

Locke looked into Ji's eyes one more time, nodding pointedly towards him.

"That feeling... it never goes away."

“So?” Ji snarled again. “It’s only justice to what they took from me. Maybe then will it fill the hole of what they took. Nobody and nothing can fix what they had done, so why not take their lives? It’ll help the Mystics that are being taken away to join them. There won’t be a police force that is constantly abusing those that can’t help themselves, and who won’t take them away from their families, or even take their families away from them.”

His veins didn’t glow brighter, but it certainly was making just about every vein glow, inching its way up his neck. Ji stood with hands clenched, his eyes fuming.

“She took away my loved ones,” Ji concluded, “so why can’t I take hers?” 

2 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

“So?” Ji snarled again. “It’s only justice to what they took from me. Maybe then will it fill the hole of what they took. Nobody and nothing can fix what they had done, so why not take their lives? It’ll help the Mystics that are being taken away to join them. There won’t be a police force that is constantly abusing those that can’t help themselves, and who won’t take them away from their families, or even take their families away from them.”

His veins didn’t glow brighter, but it certainly was making just about every vein glow, inching its way up his neck. Ji stood with hands clenched, his eyes fuming.

“She took away my loved ones,” Ji concluded, “so why can’t I take hers?” 

"You're right Ji. Nothing can fix what they've done to you," sighed Locke calmly, gesturing towards Ji and the surging power in his veins with an open hand, "Not like this..."

Locke stepped away from the window to stand directly in front of Ji, his brow furrowing as he searched for something in the eyes of the younger Mystic, any look of laziness now gone from his stare.

"Justice is an eye for an eye. If this Angel of Death took your life away, and if it means anything coming from a stranger you've only just met, you have my full support in your demands of a life for a life," Locke said coolly as he retrieved the folded piece of paper from his jacket, "But the Pacis will come and go; and if not them, someone is going to be out for your neck. So don't gouge out the eyes of everyone else who gets in your way simply because they inconvenience the goal you seek- that is what changes you from a murderer looking for some vague form of satisfaction, to a man seeking retribution for a wrong he never deserved."

Leaning forward slightly, Locke lowered his voice so only Ji could hear.

"I said that you reminded me of someone," Locke whispered, "I guess, I just don't want to see anyone make the same mistake that they did."

1 minute ago, Mystic Syn said:

It was then when Syn realized… she accidentally made a morally grey character

This drawing didn’t tip you off?

On 12/27/2021 at 8:28 PM, Mystic Syn said:

Oop, getting another one.

Reveal hidden contents

Another attempt of Ji Naito, except colored

F82EA1BD-9E6F-4D3F-B5B4-045EA34C0ABB.thumb.jpeg.deb0396e02df3066c6d9db5bcd08cf5a.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mystic Syn said:

Ji growled, stepping back from the man. “Who said I have to listen to you?”

"No one," Locke said with a soft smile, "Like I said, I'm just a random bum you'll probably forget you ever met."

Reaching his free hand inside his jacket, Locke pulled out the lighter that he kept in his chest pocket. Striking the wheel to spark a quivering flame, he carefully held the corner of the folded paper in his other hand just above the dancing light, watching as the edge of the paper caught fire.

"You may recall that I have a letter that needs to be reclaimed before nightfall," Locke stated as he eyed the burning paper in his fingers, "With your permission, I would like to leave now to ensure that I have plenty of time to take care of that."

Just before its flame singed his fingers, Locke dropped the charcoaled scraps to the floor in front of him, after which he scrapped his boot across the ashen debris to snuff out the lingering embers and destroy what else remained.

13 minutes ago, S4S said:

"You may recall that I have a letter that needs to be reclaimed before nightfall," Locke stated as he eyed the burning paper in his fingers, "With your permission, I would like to leave now to ensure that I have plenty of time to take care of that."

Ji searched the man’s eyes, then watched the embers flit to the floor. After the man had stamped the paper out once and for all, Ji looked back up at him. The glowing in his veins began to fade after a bit as he let out a breath.

“You don’t need my permission to leave,” he said, stepping out of the doorway. “But if you ever find yourself back here again, you’re more than welcome.”

Ji opened the door, waving for the man to go before him.

29 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

“You don’t need my permission to leave,” he said, stepping out of the doorway. “But if you ever find yourself back here again, you’re more than welcome.”

Nodding his head once, Locke returned his lighter back to its concealed pocket before placing his hands into his jacket once more. Stepping past Ji and back into the large central room, Locke paused for a moment as he glanced over at the nearby Mystic with dark green hair. He stopped for a couple of seconds, looking at the Mystic's gleaming sword then back at her.

It almost looked as if Locke was about to speak, but instead he gave a shallow nod before turning away and continuing towards the exit.

Crossing his way through the room towards the old doorway, Locke said nothing more as he left the hospital and stepped outside.

Ji watched the stranger exit, his brow knitting together. He closed the door he held open then stalked off to a cot.

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Elya regained her composure in just a couple sharp breaths, then turned her concerned gaze to Ji.

Ji caught her gaze, then frowned like his usual self. “What?”