2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Well, I'm always here, Vapor, as inexperienced or experienced as I may be, to offer my help. That goes for the rest of you, too.

One more note: Maximum Aloofness is BAD. When I like a guy, or I think he likes me, and want to confront him, that aloofness is scary! Be kind and understanding, not aloof! I want to spend time with you, and Maximum Aloofness didn't work for Aang, either.

Also, flirty before friendship is bad. Kinda creepy to have a guy you aren't friends with flirting with you...

I feel like we should change the name of this thread to Relationship Advice. Or start that thread and let this be for the boys.

• Channelknight Fadran changed the title to Boys only! (But not really. It's a thread, ain't it? Also, relationship advice for some reason?))

Wait! I have a question too. What if you ask a guy on a group date (that isn’t romantic AT ALL, it’s just a get together with a fancy name) and you don’t like him (and you know he doesn’t like you). Is he gonna take that as a signal, even though it’s not a romantic date? Am I a jerk for asking a guy on a date that I don’t have a crush on? 

Edited by Hentient

4 minutes ago, Hentient said:

Wait! I have a question too. What if you ask a guy on a group date (that isn’t romantic AT ALL, it’s just a get together with a fancy name) and you don’t like him (and you know he doesn’t like you). Is he gonna take that as a signal, even though it’s not a romantic date? Am I a jerk for asking a guy on a date that I don’t have a crush on? 

The answer to that is all conditional. If you two don't know each other that much, then he'll probably take it as a signal. If you guys kind of know each other, then you might have doomed him to lie awake that night and wonder if you like him (but he'll get over it. Probably). If you guys are good friends, then it depends on how you ask him. If you ask him all timid and nervous, he might take it as a signal. If you ask him chill and confident, he'll probably know that you don't mean it romantically.

Edit: Also, no, you are not a jerk! There aren't any rules about who you can and can't ask on a date.

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

2 minutes ago, Hentient said:

No! Dates should be considered as a way to get to know someone better one-on-one. They should only become romantic when both people make it seem romantic. Similarly, don't turn someone down for a date if you're not interested romantically. It's ok to go on a date as friends.

Story time!!

The only date I've been on was a group date with a friend. (I don't like him, but I know that at some point he liked me idk if he still does). I only kinda knew one other person who was in my health class in jr. high. But it got me out of going to a dumb Young women's activity, so I went.

It was... interesting. We spent the first hour in the car picking up various people. We finally got to the house which the date would take place at, then say around for like 30 minutes trying to think of something to do. We finally walked to a park, where me and my friend sat in silence while the others talked. We went back to the house and watched Big Hero 6 (so that at least was good) but I was sitting in a very awkward position the entire time and didn't want to move because then I would be VERY close to my friend and I didn't want to give him any false ideas that i was interested in him. After the movie was over, I thought we were.all going to go home, but turns out everyone else wanted to go outside and jump on the trampoline. Cursing the fact that I didn't bring my own car,I called my mom and she picked me and my friend up. 

All in all it wasn't the best date.

Edited by revelryintheart

1 minute ago, revelryintheart said:

Story time!!

The only date I've been on was a group date with a friend. (I don't like him, but I know that at some point he liked me idk if he still does). I only kinda knew one other person who was in my health class in jr. high. But it got me out of going to a dumb Young women's activity, so I went.

It was... interesting. We spent the first hour in the car picking up various people. We finally got to the house which the date would take place at, then say around for like 30 minutes trying to think of something to do. We finally walked to a park, where me and my friend sat in silence while the others talked. We went back to the house and watched Big Hero 6 (so that at least was good) but I was sitting in a very awkward position the entire time and didn't want to move because then I would be VERY close to my friend and I didn't want to give him any ideas. After the movie was over, I thought we were.all going to go home, but turns out everyone else wanted to go outside and jump on the trampoline. Cursing the fact that I didn't bring my own car,I called my mom and she picked me and my friend up. 

All in all it wasn't the best date.

The whole initial relationship is very similar to me and the guy I went on my first and only date with. I know he liked me a year ago, I told him I only liked him as a friend, I thought he was over me, but one of my friends is certain he still likes me. The date itself wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be, though. It was a super casual double date with some people I knew well enough to be able to talk comfortably with them.

1 hour ago, DramaQueen said:

Also, Fadran, us girls are terrified too.

You know, that is really nice to know. Thanks for that :P because Fadran did not over use the word 'terrified'. Still figuring that out.

Sorta in the same boat as Vapor (though I'm 14) and starting to have friends that are girls, which has never happened before, so it's sort of weird, but also nice. Hopefully going into high school will help that some :P 

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

There isn't an option, as far as I know, that is "I kinda like this person but not too much."

I will respectfully disagree. Half from my own experience, half from a friend's. But that sort-of is definitely an option and it is weird on the brain because then you have to spend a couple of months deciding if you like them, or just want to be friends with them, and go back and forth between the two :P but it happens.

11 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I wish to Harmony that I had been able to take this one girl on a group date, but QUARANTINE decided to say NO. :angry::angry::angry:

9 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Yeah... my 'half-from experience' example of the half-crush was during quarantine, which made making up mind approximately a lot harder. 

Aww, I'm sorry guys! Have either of you talked to the girl in question since quarantine?

2 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Aww, I'm sorry guys! Have either of you talked to the girl in question since quarantine?

Actually yes- the only reason I made up my mind :P I consider that pretty lucky. (And in case you're wondering, I went with 'friends' as my decision, one that is shared mutually)

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Actually yes- the only reason I made up my mind :P I consider that pretty lucky. (And in case you're wondering, I went with 'friends' as my decision)

What was her decision? Did she need to make one ever? Give us the full story! (If possible)

2 hours ago, Vapor said:

I was thinking about trying to do advice, but then I thought:

1. I'm only 13 I know nothing

2. I am different from most girls I know nothing

3. I don't understand even my emotions I know nothing

4. I know nothing

So if you want to ask me, DON'T. I have no idea. I'm not even sure that I know who I like.

It’s perfectly fine and 100% normal to be confused — I know I was when I was thirteen. Sometimes I still don’t understand my own emotions ^_^. Figuring yourself out is a long process, and it can take years, but we’re all here to talk and be supportive if you need us.