What is your favorite smell?

• 6 months later...
On 6/6/2020 at 8:50 PM, Rosharan A.C. said:

Share whatever smell you think is the best! Cinnamon? The Ocean? Freshly-cut grass? Your favorite sweater? It’s up to you!

I’ll go first. Say I’m weird if you want, but I think the best smell is when you open a freezer and lean in; that cold, sharp smell that comes out of it is just exhilarating. 

You may think me nuts, but creosote.  It reminds me of childhood trips to the beach and boardwalk, when life seemed much less complicated and sad.

Edited by Coolmint

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, mithless said:

I realize this topic is old, but I just wanted to share my comment as I love this topic - it's so interesting to know what smells people like. Personally, my favorite smell has to be the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. There's something so comforting and invigorating about it that it always puts me in a good mood.

Oooo, yes!

14 hours ago, mithless said:

I realize this topic is old, but I just wanted to share my comment as I love this topic - it's so interesting to know what smells people like. Personally, my favorite smell has to be the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. There's something so comforting and invigorating about it that it always puts me in a good mood.

Yeah, let’s revive this!

My favourite smells are old books and Cinnamon (go figure)

idk why, but i like the smell of like, well-worn hats. like, when your sibling has a baseball cap that doesn't fit you anymore, and then their like, scent is stuck in the hat.

there's also this cologne that my uncle uses that i absolutely am obsessed with. idk what it smells like, but i always try to breathe it in when i give him a hug.

also, butter. like, liteally just a stick of butter. not melted, not cold, just room temperature

Edited by shortcake

There is a small bookstore in a tiny town in northern Oregon, just north of Portland. They used to sold homemade vanilla candles as well as candles that smelled like whatever fruit was currently in season there. So just imagine Ancient book smell mixed with warm apple and vanilla. They unfortunately closed down during the pandemic. So now that smell only exists in my memories, and to me that makes it even more precious. 

Hmmm.

Favorite smell…

I’ve got a lot.

I’ll do my top three.

1. Rain. Right before or right after a big rainstorm, specifically.

2. Luna’s perfume. Easily one of my favorites.

3. Cold, like a crisp fall morning, when the suns still low, and it’s just crisp and cold.

Honorable mention to old books. Just flipping those pages and sniffing is therapeutic somehow.