Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, BitBitio said:

Name: Goree Smedry

Alias: Plan B, The Contingency

Investiture: His talent is this: He is extremely bad at spelling.

I can see this being useful for decoding messages. His bosses ask him to scribe and he ends up deciphering a code. He's so bad at spelling.

Skills: Talkative, Funny

Weakness: Sometimes his power works against him.

Appearance: A tuxedo (duh) and a rutabaga hat.

Personality: Extroverted and outgoing. Popular with the ladies.

Can you add this character also?

Got one:

Spoiler

Jofus “Happy” Roon 

Investiture: Aluminum Twinborn

Special Skills: Never sad, way too self-assured, and an excellent parkour-person-dude.

Weaknesses: Thinks everything is sunshine and rainbows, way too self assured.

Backstory: Likes stealing things. The end.

Would an aluminum Soulcaster be too much to ask for?

Me too: @Archer

Spoiler

Name: Fred N'George

Investiture: A-Pewter

Limitations: Doesn't have any arms

Strengths: Has an incredibly thick skull

Method of Operation: Running at things and head-butting them

Intelligence: Isn't particularly clever in the normal sense of the word, but has a very ordered and particular view of the world, due to the lo9ss of both arms and stuff.

Skills: Used if the team needs another angle, a bodyguard, or a perpetrator that nobody will expect due to the loss of both arms

Other facts: Has an assortment of disturbing facial expressions

Edited by Gancho Libre

1 minute ago, Archer said:

Is that possible? I can't remember any WoBs about what materials soulcasters are made of.

Assuming they mean a Soulcaster that can create Aluminium. Which is definitely canonical.

None that can change Aluminium into something else though, and almost definitely none that are made of Aluminium. Or if they were then they'd be a fancy paper weight that couldn't actually Soulcast anything :P

I've got one to!

Spoiler

Name: Georgia Antella

Investiture: Rioter

Skills: Speeches and a flair for the dramatic, great warrior of low intelligence, scientist, lock pick.

Weakness: Multiple Personality Disorder

Appearance (depends on personality, scavenged from wreckage after Seven Day War): Warders cloak, a black ripped suit, armored boots/a mistcloak, a red sentinels robe, a power armor helmet, and sandals/white lab coat, deep green dress, thick leather boots/Gleemans cloak, skaa-style robes, boots and gloves made out of Kolossal skins made into leather. She has long black hair, deep tan skin, and is of average build.

Height: 5'7

Personality: Varies, depends on personality

History: She grew up as an urchin in the Alleycity, living near Hellbent park. She played there as a girl, she was born barely after the Seven Day War. One day, climbing on to the top of the monument in Hellbent park, she heard her first voice. It came in a color, the color red. She fell and hurt herself in surprise. As she fell, she perceived a color. Red. That day, the day before her ninth birthday, she went inside and put on clothes her parents had scavenged from the Seven Day War. The day before her 12th birthday, a second voice. She had been talking with her friend in Hellbent Park, and as she walked over is grave, another color. Gold. A different outfit. 14th birthday, she got green. Another set of clothes. On her 16th, she got black. Her own personality. Every time was in the Hellbent park. Her parents were killed, putting her on the street again, but alone. She joined the thieves guild, and lives with them now.

Oh, and I need a cause of death piece added to Atticus and Ark.

Edited by Ark1002

YEET

Name: Ciera Jigdens

Channeller (Gateway and Ter'Angreal talents) 

Special skills and weapons: Channeler, duh

Weakness: Will only fight to protect her friends and ideals 

Physical characteristics: 5.5, with a slender build, often wears a t-shirt with the symbol for Allomantic tin 

Family: Dwig's sister, her parents.

Home planet: Scadrial

History/Biography: Unknown (Will add this later) 

Name: Cain

Investiture: Epic Power (State of Matter Control Range of 200-300 feet, Prime Invincibility; Airfield that stops and rebounds all physical weapons.) Can Shadow Walk (Teleport between shadows.)

Special Skills and Weapons: Carries a short, black dagger, an assortment of poisons, and a shortsword.

Weakness: Wind Speed lowers power, and will eventually stop it completely. 

Physical Characteristics: Blond, Tall (6'0), Crystal Blue eyes, Black leather jacket

Family/Friends: Family all dead, killed by Dusk in super lifeless experimenting, Long time friends with Hellbent

Home Planet: Reckoner Verse

History/Biography: Family was killed by Dusk's experimentation, stayed with Hellbent until he started the war with Dusk, and I have been roaming ever since.

Edited by Bad_Karma

1 minute ago, Archer said:

To clarify, does that mean he has prime invincibility? Welcome to the Alleyverse, by the way.

My prime invincibility is that I have an invisible airfield that stops incoming weapons, and notifies me if I were to drink/eat something poisoned.

5 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Hey, Archer, can you had my thieves guy?

Sure. Will do. 

EDIT: I'm sorry, I had put his bio on the list a while ago, but I'd accidentally filed it under Ax's tag. It should be fixed now. 

5 minutes ago, Bad_Karma said:

My prime invincibility is that I have an invisible airfield that stops incoming weapons, and notifies me if I were to drink/eat something poisoned.

That's an... interesting power-set. How powerful are you thinking of making the matter manipulation? I'm asking to make sure your character isn't dramatically more powerful than other peoples. 

Edited by Archer

Just now, Archer said:

Sure. Will do. 

That's an... interesting power-set. How powerful are you thinking of making the matter manipulation? I'm asking to make sure your character isn't dramatically more powerful than other peoples. 

I have a range, 100, maybe 125 meters is about how far I can go. I also can't manipulate matter excessively, my powers have a recharge of about 5 seconds, less if I haven't used  my power recently. 

1 minute ago, Bad_Karma said:

I have a range, 100, maybe 125 meters is about how far I can go. I also can't manipulate matter excessively, my powers have a recharge of about 5 seconds, less if I haven't used  my power recently. 

This kind of stuff would be good to think through and include in your bio. I've got to go now, but I'll check back later and can update it then. This power seems pretty, well, powerful when coupled with prime invincibility. Some clarification would be good, and maybe some weakening to bring him down to the level of everyone else, if you could. 

Edited by Archer

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

This kind of stuff would be good to think through and include in your bio. I've got to go now, but I'll check back later and can update it then. This power seems pretty, well, powerful when coupled with prime invincibility. Some clarification would be good, and maybe some weakening to bring him down to the level of everyone else, if you could. 

Will do, I'll figure out how to work it

Man @Archer, howed you get to my new character so fast?  I literally just made it.

Edit:  here's a secondary character that I'm sacficing to a cookie:

Spoiler

Name: Bob

life: not super important

investiture: zinc ferring

personality: 'kind of a nice guy'

Also @Archer, I developed my character a bit:

Spoiler

Name:  Valdwen 

Home Planet: Scadrial

Investiture: Steel (allomancy), Steel (Feruchemy). Gained zinc ferruchemy through hemalurgy.

Skills: Good at improvising, and can usually win using unorthodox methods. 

Gear: Sword, spikes, lots of steel earrings small enough to swallow, and rings.  Small steel file. 

Backstory: [Mistborn Era 1 spoilers to follow] Born in era one, was a terris man.  Parents fell to inquisitors when lord ruler found out they were feruchemy.  Snapped (allomanticly) and was able to escape.  Lived on the streets of Tathingdwen, and disguised his true nature pretty well.  Found by the Synod, and they took pity on him.  They gave him food, shelter, and money, and he set off for Luthadel.  Joined the survivor's army, and was the part that survived when Yeden was dum.  Nobody knew he was Terris, because his mother was not.  The night the lord ruler died, he discovered his feruchemical abilities, and survived until the ascension of Sazed.  Was picked up by Demoux, and worldhopped to the Alley.  Lives there now as a happy Ghostblood.

Personality: Cheerful, but conceals a haunting past.

Weakness: Forgetful, often forgets the most fundamental aspects of a fight.  Also, can barely control his immense speed, and can only run in short bursts.  No longer has very slow reflexes, but only when tapping zinc.

Strength:  Specializes in steel jumps, and can really balance and control.

Personality Quirk:  Slightly insensitive, and mostly downplays others pain.

Edited by Kaladin78
No double post