JordanCon 10

Kaymyth

2 hours ago, Argent said:

Peter offhandedly mentioned that the Sunmaker was about 500 years before the current Stormlight story, and the Hierocracy pretty much immediately before that. Recreance, about 2000 years ago. 

This is super helpful for the timeline aspect of my theory regarding the Shin.  Too bad we don't also have the Shin invasions listed in this quote.

4 hours ago, Argent said:

He himself is outlining a Niki Savage story (I am not sure if he said short story or novella), but that's obviously a long way off if it ever happens. No details.

Awesome! I hope this is a continuation of the ghostly gondola. Does anyone else think that the haunted man seemed to be using Sel-ish magic?

Brandon read a small Cosmere story he's been sitting on for 8 years, called "The Traveller." You can find the audio on Arcanum: go to the Sources tab on the JordanCon event page, and find the recording for it. 

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/332-jordancon-2018/

I recommend just listening to the audio cold turkey. If you need to know:

Spoiler

It is Hoid talking to Frost on Yolen right after the events of Hero of Ages.

EDIT: And it has now been transcribed.

Spoiler

A focused southern breeze made the trees sound like they were chattering. Tiny crisp leaves spreading the news of the Traveller’s return. Pure white leaves, clustered along branches like skeletal limbs. Even the bark clinging to the trees was white. In some lands, white meant purity; in others, it meant death. Here, it didn’t mean a thing. It was simply, normal. 

The traveller sat on the mossy white ground, back to the tree, legs crossed idly as he picked at a pomegranate, eating the seeds one by one then spitting out the pits. They fell on the stark moss-covered ground, leaving red juice like blood running across a sterile white floor. To say he wore rags would have be an insult to many a goodwife who kept her washing rags in much better shape than the Traveller's costume. Ragged brown and black canvas, tattered cloak, and scruffy beard, rubbed dark with a black material that might have been soot — or ash. 

The leaves suddenly fluttered excitedly behind him, and a strange puff of wind blew across the trunks. A moment later, a figure in simple gray robes walked into the clearing. Clean-shaven and silver-haired, he had the look of an aged scribe, not haughty, but tired. 

“So, you’re back,” the elderly visitor said. 

“Did I leave? I am the lingering odor you can never quite locate, my friend. Just when you think I've faded you open your cupboard and find, in an overpowering reveal, that I've merely been… ripening.”

“Hmph, that’s a new look for you.”

The Traveller looked down at his ragged clothing. “I’ve been learning to blend in. Hard to do that in one of my normal costumes.”

“I doubt you’ll ever be the type to blend in.”

“You’d be surprised!”

“Is that soot in your hair?”

“Maybe.”

The elderly man sighed, walking across the short clearing and settling himself down on a large protruding tree root. “You can’t keep doing this.” The Traveller continued to eat his seeds, though he had started to chew them up rather than spitting out the pits. “You will just make things worse.” 

“Ati and Leras are dead,” the Traveller said, picking a piece of seed out from between his teeth. The elderly visitor said nothing, and the Traveller eyed him, leaning in closely, studying the man's eyes. The pupils were rimmed with a silver far too metallic to be natural, at least for a human. 

“You sly old lizard!” the Traveller said, pointing. “You already knew! You were watching! And here you were chastising me.”

“I did NOT interfere,” the elderly man said. ”You meddle in things we promised to leave alone. Things that we—”

Traveller held up a finger, interrupting him, then slowly he pointed at the older man. ”I. Made. No. Promise.”

“You made your choice. Why now seek for things you so eagerly denied? My friend, it’s the dangerous desire, the lust for power best untouched, that created the situation in the first place.”

The Traveller did not reply. The two sat for a time, listening to the winds through the garrulous trees.

“Did you… find what you were seeking?” the elder man finally asked.  

The Traveller shrugged, picking at another seed and nibbling on it. 

“You will not find a way to restore what you have lost, old friend,” the aged man said softly. ”It is impossible.” 

“You don’t know that. The old rules no longer hold.” The Traveller turned the pomegranate over in his fingers. ”Besides, I’ve heard of a place… It doesn’t matter. I don’t care. This isn’t about the dead… or it’s not JUST about the dead, at least.” He dropped the fruit to the ground, wiping his fingers on his riding coat.

“So it’s a simple vendetta, then,” the aged man said, sighing. “How many years have you lived, and you still can’t learn the wisdom of just letting go?”

“A simple vendetta?” the Traveller said. He rose, stalking up to the older man, holding out a finger and touching the man's chest. “You saw what Ati nearly did.” The Traveller leaned down, face even with that of his older companion. “I would not think it MY vendetta that should worry you, old friend.”

Edited by Pagerunner

Few things I wanted to put down before I forget...

This is apparently the glyph of the Calligrapher's Guild. (It's technically Isaac's name, but it doesn't mean "Isaac" in-world) I asked Isaac about this glyph. He said that he doesn't know what it means (I'm a little skeptical?), but that Brandon has asked him to put it in several places. (including more since then) He then told me to compare it to the Calligrapher's Guild glyph. "That's all I'll say." Super mysterious! @Pagerunner noted that several of the same phonemes are there. I'm wondering if it's related to the Sons of Honor or some other secret society... But I'll take this to the glyph thread and share more thoughts there when I have the time.

A few of the most interesting (but still very mundane) Stormlight timeline questions I asked Karen... The 100th day of the year marking the end of Oathbringer (referenced in Karen's blog post) refers to the last event in the final chapter. Highstorms come less frequently around the Weeping (which we know), and they come more frequently around Midpeace. A certain character in OB spent just 5 days in Marat before the finale. I also got some details about Everstorm/Highstorm speeds, but I need to sort through that.

My questions for Brandon were recorded, so I'll just let those be captured directly on Arcanum.

Aaand, JordanCon is over!

Boy, was it fun. Might be literally the best 3 days of my life, and I do mean this literally. But instead of recapping all three days (which I might still do, as a single review), here are some highlights of this last day (which also happens to be my birthday):

• After going to bed at nearly 5 AM on the previous day, getting up at 9 for a panel was not fun. Would I do it again? Probably, I had tons of fun last night.
  • Walking to my first panel (Learning from Mistakes, featuring Brandon and four other authors) I happened to walk behind Brandon for a little bit, so I, out of nowhere, said obnoxiously loudly "And this is why I think Vax is a planet!" He turned around quickly, saw me grinning, shook his head, rolled his eyes, and continued walking. I behaved.
  • Between panels I puppy-eyed Brandon into doing something for my birthday. He offered to answer my questions while he was signing stock. Bless his generous soul, this man is going to drive me into the ground with kindness. More on that later.
  • Brandon's reading panel was a pretty standard lecture (I only remember he talked about Apocalypse Guard), followed by a revised reading from Skyward, followed by Q&A (ask an Arcanist to make a snippet out of Brandon's reaction when he realized he had picked me to ask a question), followed by a reading from The Traveler. I... I may have made noises, you guys. Noises commonly attributed to fangirls. Noises whose pitch can appropriately be described as "high af". 14 year old girls envy my squeels. Discord user chickenbites has one such noise, go bother him if you are curious.
  • Signing line went alright. I forgot to get a photo with Brandon (second time this happens to me; though I did get photos with the rest of his team, so that's nice), got a couple of questions answered, and continued making Traveler noises.
  • After the signing Brandon went to sign stock, I tagged along, and got like 20 questions in. Bug your local Arcanist to snip the audio so you can transcribe them. The last one is a fun one.
  • I only mildly regret not having the time visit Atlanta's... less reputable establishments. 

I spent a ton of time with @Pagerunner (who is just as eager to insult me as you all imagine), @yulerule (who tried to sell me some theory; I don't buy it), @thegatorgirl00 (who, I am pretty sure, almost died like 17 times during this con, when people were either misquoting Coppermind articles, not checking Coppermind articles, or using Coppermind articles that are not fully up to date; give her many hugs, it's been a stressful weekend for her, as I've had to physically restrain her from ripping one poor guy's throat with her bare hands), and, um... a guy whose name I thought was Polonian Fire, but I can't find him. (Editor's note: @PallonianFire) He was an active Sharder some time ago. Good people. There was much late night Cosmere chat. 

I am beginning to lose my train of thought though, so I'll say that I'll probably get to photos tomorrow. 

Sleep now.

Edited by Pagerunner
I gotchu, fam.

16 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

She? Probably not felt then. Seriously, my pet theory is that felt is a hemalurgist. 

16 hours ago, Yata said:

A female Kandra could have a male alias.

Don't focus too much into the female characters in the search

Guys.

Felt is a human.

We have been over this.

4 hours ago, Argent said:

I spent a ton of time with @Pagerunner (who is just as eager to insult me as you all imagine), @yulerule (who tried to sell me some theory; I don't buy it), @thegatorgirl00 (who, I am pretty sure, almost died like 17 times during this con, when people were either misquoting Coppermind articles, not checking Coppermind articles, or using Coppermind articles that are not fully up to date; give her many hugs, it's been a stressful weekend for her, as I've had to physically restrain her from ripping one poor guy's throat with her bare hands), and, um... a guy whose name I thought was Polonian Fire, but I can't find him. (Editor's note: @PallonianFire) He was an active Sharder some time ago. Good people. There was much late night Cosmere chat. 

@Jofwu and his wife don't get a mention? 

Don't pretend like the rest of you weren't on Arcanum searching WoBs during panels as much as I was on the Coppermind. Besides, Brandon told me he looked something up on the Coppermind, which makes it all better. (01:04:55 on Pagerunner's signing audio, if anyone's curious)

46 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Yes, but human cannot be kandra.

It's obvious that Felt is not WalDo.

Or is there some WoB I missed and we're looking for a human Hemalurgist now?

Yes, there is. Now that I've finally found the WoB. 

Questioner

If Hemalurgy can be used to transfer Investiture regardless of the planet, is someone gathering pieces of different Investitures the way Hoid got, for example, the Lerasium bead?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

source

2 hours ago, thegatorgirl00 said:

Yeah, I was sitting there, going "I know I am forgetting someone..."

I am pretty proud jofwu's wife (Erin?) now know about the magical ears of her husband. I really feel like I've enriched their relationship.

Some stuff that I got on the signing line talking to Isaac that you can hear snippets of on @Argent's recording. Sadly it is paraphrased.

Isaac says that Nazh is an embodiment of his adventurous spirit, that he expresses through the books. Nazh is also much grumpier than he is and gets visibly angry when Isaac himself wouldn't.

He doesn't remember Nazh had a mistcloak

Nazh is basically a young Peter Capaldi and is very prone to swearing when he is off screen.

He clarified that Nazh was caught spren fishing because he was trying to attract a spren to be his stooge and do some work for him. He got in trouble for it because he didn't know that was illegal.

We have audio for his relationship with Khriss.

I also was able to ask Brandon a question offhandedly but it wasn't recorded. 

@Bridge_Ojisan Wanted to know how old Gaz was. Brandon said he is early to mid 30s, so around Jasnah's age. 

Edited by Ravioli
Added one thing.

Back home safe and (relatively) sound. Had an absolute blast. Like I've said after other events I've been to, it's not that I just saw Brandon and got some questions. It was great to meet other fans, Sharders and WoT fans both, and to geek out in person. And spending a lot of time in the board game hall was an unexpected pleasure; I got to run some House War, but also got to play some games I've wanted to learn for a while and hang out with the great people who taught them to me. So, it really is the rest of you (except maybe Argent) that make it all worth it. Going for a whole weekend to sit in a corner and wait for a chance to ask questions (even a good dozen or so questions) wouldn't make me want to go back.

I was especially impressed with the Wheel of Time community there. I knew some names, knew some of the old theories and in-jokes, but I wasn't as in to the WoT fandom as I am in the Cosmere side of it. I went to some of the fandom anniversary panels, learned some stories, got to chat with Theoryland and Dragonmount admins. I think we, as a younger community, have a lot we can learn from them, and I'm so glad they are gracious in sharing their convention with us.

And now comes the part of the show where I unpack and reflect upon the new info I got.

Glyphs (spoiler'd for length)

Spoiler

Isaac did a panel on how he creates glyphs. As we imagined, we were overthinking a lot of it, although the understanding of it after OB is pretty much spot-on. The misnamed "screw you lines" were just instances of repeated characters - a glyph like, say, Thath, could use lots of extra TH's and A's to fill in the glyph. It's about getting a shape you want (he lets his kids play around in an app called Silk to get cool shapes), and then fitting letters to match that shape.

That being said, the mystery of the calligraphic set of phonemes still confronts us. I was able to catch Isaac drawing a calligraphic R during his workshop. He was trying to fit a standard R into a glyph, and said "this one would work better, but we're not showing you that set yet." But I, being the overachiever that I am, recognized it from Navani's ketek glyph (and just maybe in a few other places), so I'll make sure to post that in the glyph thread.

I believe he also implied that there's a relationship between the calligraphic set and the symbols on the Oathgate maps, same as the similarity between the standard set and the Thaylen script. We'll need to see if we can get permission from the JordanCon workshop director to publish that recording; I might have been misinterpreting it. But I think it gives us a new path to go down, which will maybe get us a partial calligraphic set before Book 4.

I did ask Isaac about some other calligraphic letters I thought I had pieced together. He didn't have time to go over my ideas, but he did give me his contact info, so I'll follow up. I might be able to confirm a few more letters.

I also asked about the remaining Highprince glyphs. That'll have to wait for an email, too, but he did say that one of the glyphs is straight-up wrong. It was designed for Highprince Yankler (you can see him in one of the Way of Kings draft chapters on Brandon's website), who was eventually replaced by Thanadal because the original name just didn't sound Alethi. But the glyph is still built out of Yankler's phonemes, since they didn't have time to fix it. The Highprince glyphs were also made using a different, more complicated structure (something like a "Shard line" going down the middle), but they took too long and were too rigid, so Isaac revised the glyphmaking process after WoK.

So, yeah, fun stuff. I'll be working on a longer post in the OB forum glyph thread, so keep an eye out there if you're curious.

And second, my questions. They're all working their way into Arcanum (or already have), so I won't drop exact quotes, just some overview and followup thoughts. I did have quite a bit of fun, as you can see from my bar-code of snippets in the Arcanum audio file:

Pagerunner arrives.PNG

Photo rudely taken by @Jofwu during my turn in line. But enough about me, here are the questions. OB Spoilers:

Spoiler

At the RAFOlympics, I asked about why you don't need to bring air into Shadesmar. I didn't come up with it; I've seen it a lot around here and Reddit, and I never really saw an answer that I liked. And the answer is just, "there's air in Shadesmar." Narratively, Brandon saw it was essential. He didn't want worldhoppers to need scuba tanks. But he couldn't come up with a simple, satisfactory mechanism for how to get air there. So he hasn't developed one. There is some way that air gets to the Cognitive Realm and perpetuates an oxygen cycle; we and Brandon just don't know what it is. I think this is really telling for some perpendicularity-related Realmatics; to me, this is a clear sign that your Physical body is indeed being transported into the Cognitive Realm when you worldhop, and not converted into Investiture. (Which I have seen some people saying is the canon explanation, and I have strenuously disagreed with.)

Here are my signing line questions:

• I opened with asking if Silverlight had a Shard.
  • I asked about medallions, and how the Set couldn't refill them at the end of BoM. If that was the brass portion, or the nicrosil portion. He had stayed up too late playing MtG the night before, and RAFOd it for being too complicated.
  • I confirmed Lightspren are Willshaper spren, the cracked-stone spren (no canon name yet) are Stoneward spren, and the mistspren are not Radiant spren. (Long overdue for confirmation, in my mind.)
  • I asked about the Ten Deaths, and if they were the Unmade. Brandon said "There are only nine Unmade" and gave me one of those grins.
  • I asked about the origin of the Drominad system's name. He said there is an intentional in-universe explanation for it; it's not based on a real-life word (I presume "dromedary," or whatever that camel thing is). It's not a Yolish word. He also said that the three planets have separate cultures with different names for their planets.
  • I asked about an expression Hoid used in... WoK, I think it was. "Speak your fears at a mirror." That is a Yolish expression. No hint as to what it means.

I also had three additional theories get RAFOs that felt like "no" to me. But, like, the kind of no where Brandon likes there being decent incorrect theories out there to muddy the waters. I haven't been to enough signings to know if he does that intentionally to screw with us, but my gut was saying "he had to think about what I was asking, and I suspect he'd be quicker on the RAFO is I was right." I'm still sticking to my guns out of stubborness, but here are the questions:

• Does Silverlight have a Shard?
  • Is Obrodai one of the other Drominad worlds?
  • Can you get magic from glyphs, if drawn with the proper Intent?

Lastly, a reflection on The Traveler (Spoiler'd for The Traveler; make sure you read that cold-turkey):

Spoiler

First, some WoB housekeeping. The "Hoid parallel novel" tag on Arcanum had something about the Traveller. Brandon did indeed mention a potential parallel novel at points, but the one he said he had and might publish was something different. A.K.A., this.

So, Frost and Hoid on Yolen. I think the ash and the rags tell us that Hoid came directly from Scadrial after the end of HoA. Which I think indicates Harmony immediately manifested a Shardpool - how else would Hoid be able to get offworld?

I think his description of the fain life is bonkers. It doesn't mean death - it's simply normal? I think I'm gonna need to compare this to the Liar of Partinel chapters and some old TWG posts about the fain life, and how Hoid (and others) view the fain. Makes me wonder how they learned to keep it at bay.

Strange wind is Frost flying in in dragon form, switching to human form before he comes onscreen. Where do gray robes come from? Does he carry them and hurriedly get dressed? (That would ruin the effect.) Are they the classic shapeshifter clothes that are actually his skin, designed to just look like robes, and he's actually naked? (Gross.) The eyes made me wonder if the other people we've seen with metallic biology, the Iriali, have some relation to dragons.

How was Frost watching? I'm thinking this is some Spiritual-Realm-nonsense he was doing. We've had clear indications he's not a worldhopper, but an old-fashioned crystal ball (I'm wondering what else the Ire spheres can do) could be at work, perhaps?

I'm going to change my opinion on the Hoid's quest WoB ("to make that which once was") I don't think he wants to remake Adonalsium anymore. I think he has a brother, or a lover, or some personal friend, who he wants to bring back from the dead. Maybe the first Shard that Odium killed (which explains his "vendetta"). The rule he is trying to break is that you can't bring back the dead. The place he's interested in is Threnody (which, according to the introduction to the standalone ebook, was in development in the late 90s.) He's collecting Investiture thinking that, with enough pieces, he'll be able to hack a way to remake or bring back this person he lost.

So, yeah, a lot of fun stuff.

Well... that's all I've got for my report. See you all next time. (Don't know if I'll be able to go next year, but I'm definitely considering it.

10 hours ago, Argent said:

I am pretty proud jofwu's wife (Erin?) now know about the magical ears of her husband. I really feel like I've enriched their relationship.

Maybe that will counter-balance my negative impact. Just a tip for everyone: if you're playing House War and your wife says "don't make a deal with Pagerunner to defeat Vin and end the game, he's going to win if you do," you'd better listen to her. Because she's 100% right.

1 hour ago, RShara said:

The almost naked koloss guy :6 :o

The older guy who cosplayed Ishar is amazing.  My fave, definitely.  Shallash is next most awesome.

I spoke with one of the Heralds on the day before the costume contest, I don't remember which one, and they said they'd be cosplaying the Heralds from the endsheets, and I was instantly worried the Shalash one would be super risque. Turns out she was not, she was just amazing instead.

And the koloss guy - Mac, I believe - was just a blast to have around, I kept running into him, super fun dude.

8 minutes ago, Argent said:

I spoke with one of the Heralds on the day before the costume contest, I don't remember which one, and they said they'd be cosplaying the Heralds from the endsheets, and I was instantly worried the Shalash one would be super risque. Turns out she was not, she was just amazing instead.

And the koloss guy - Mac, I believe - was just a blast to have around, I kept running into him, super fun dude.

Yeah super kudos to him for going through with it.  I'm not shy, but I couldn't do that.  Dedicated!

22 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Guys.

Felt is a human.

We have been over this.

I wasn't suggesting he was the Kandra.

I meant only "don't focus only on female characters searching a female Kandra".

In Roshar everything except from Sleepless and Greatshell could be' a masked Kandra.

... Well as the Spren are afraid of Spikes is possible a Kandra would not attract Spren, is something web could check...unless Brandon forgot It XD 

So! My weekend, let me tell you of it.

Friday:

I spent a couple of hours before Opening Ceremonies helping get artists checked in for the Art Show. I've been volunteering at JordanCon every year I've gone so far, and it's a great way for a new person to get to know folks at the con. They really, really appreciate their volunteers and make sure that they get a few special perks, as well as their very own raffle. (Tickets are given out to volunteers based on hours worked.)

After Opening Ceremonies, I did a cruise-round of the Dealer's Room. Guys, there is so much more space than in the old hotel! Seriously, the Art Show/Dealer's Hall space is at least three times larger than it was last year. It was glooorious. I then went to @Ravioli's panel with Isaac on copyrights, and once I had confirmed with myself that my Porgs were not going to cause a problem, I tracked down Dragonsteel where they gathered for dinner to present them with Kaladin Porgblessed and the rest of Bridge Porg. Brandon, as expected, giggled at me in that way he does when he has encountered maximum fan silliness and wants to humor the crazy. Emily and Kara, however, went nuts over them. It was brilliant. And they were especially thrilled with me for making sure that there were enough Porgs for every member of the crew, including the ones who hadn't been able to come.

Friday night brought the Speculation After Dark panel, where I and a few others sat up in a room full of Sanderfans like yourselves and spewed out baseless speculation to them all. I got to share my "polyamory solves Stormlight love triangle" theory with more unwitting victims. Bahahaha.

Saturday:

This was my insane marathon day. Starting at 10am (my t-shirt read, "Clearly I have made some bad decisions."), I was on three panels in a row: Orientation to the Cosmere, Cosmere Magic 101, and Book Spotlight: Oathbringer. This was my first year on panels, and it is so gloriously freeing to be able to just sit there and blather with just three or four other people rather than raising my hand and waiting to be called on. (Ask the others who had to sit in the audience how they suffered and how much they envied me.) I did wind up sharing a lot more than I expected on the Oathbringer panel; the topic turned to mental illness and I made some points about how it's not something you can just cure. I opened up about my own issues and what I do to manage them. That was...unplanned, but seemed to be well-received.

After my last panel, I skedaddled up to my room to change into costume and zipped back downstairs, having missed just the first bit of the RAFOlympics. I had a question to ask (and hilariously, my own track director didn't recognize me at first after having sat next to me for a solid four hours). I thought it was a good question, but some of you might not agree. Check the transcripts for the question about how much authority the Synod holds over the other Terris enclaves in Era 2. (I wanted to know!)

After that, it was to the Main Programming room for costume contest pre-judging. I actually got through pretty quickly and managed to duck out for ten minutes in order to take a glance at the Charity Auction. It only runs on Saturday and I hadn't had the opportunity to check it out; I got to see how my donated Porgs were embroiled in bidding wars. :) I also put in a bid on a dulcimer that amazingly I wound up getting. But I didn't know that till later.

The costume contest was amazing; there were so many awesome costumes! I got a Judge's Choice award for my work, which was pretty fantastic given my skirt release tech hadn't been set quite right. There was some stiff competition. People put in a lot of time and effort into their costumes, and everyone who won an award deserved every scrap of accolades they got.

Sunday:

I am apparently a glutton for punishment, as I put myself into yet another 10am volunteer shift working art show sales. Why I do this to myself nobody knows. At some point lunch and general milling around happened, and then it was time for Sanderson trivia.

Oh, my goodness, Sanderson trivia.

My teammates were my best friend, another Sandertrack panelist, and a fourth fellow who needed a team, and we needed a fourth player. And guys? We rocked it. We answered every single question correctly. Each one of us on the team, at some point, contributed an answer that the others did not know. When all of the points were tallied up, the first place team was named: Silverlight Scholars! We even somehow beat Karen and her wiki by one point! First, second, and third places all got shiny medals and swag bags of things from Dragonsteel. I am going to be treasuring my spike and Bondsmith pins forever.

After trivia, we all high tailed it down to the end of Brandon's signing. (Yes, they scheduled it at the same time. It was a bit rough. But it's Brandon, and you know how he is about making sure he stays until everything has been signed.) I asked another question - you'll find it on the transcript, but the paraphrased version is that given how too much Compounding can cause permanent changes/damage to a person, whether isolated extended bursts of Compounding could produce an effect similar to pewter drag. (It can.)

Then was Feedback and Leave-Takings, and the con officially closed.

But we had the gaming hall still, so Aftercon ran until at least midnight. I'm not sure exactly how late it went; my exhaustion caught up with me before then and I turned in to bed while things were still swinging. But at JordanCon, the party doesn't end until everyone is kicked out.

Late Monday morning, someone pulled the fire alarm, so the hotel literally did kind of kick us out. But only for our own safety.

17 hours ago, thegatorgirl00 said:

Don't pretend like the rest of you weren't on Arcanum searching WoBs during panels as much as I was on the Coppermind. Besides, Brandon told me he looked something up on the Coppermind, which makes it all better. (01:04:55 on Pagerunner's signing audio, if anyone's curious)

15 hours ago, Argent said:

Yeah, I was sitting there, going "I know I am forgetting someone..."

Or me! I am hurt! Hurt, I say!

10 hours ago, Ravioli said:

Nazh is basically a young Peter Capaldi and is very prone to swearing when he is off screen.

Well, it's cemented. I am officially, desperately in love with Nazh.

So, a quick update on Isaac's glyphs workshop.

JordanCon people got back to me (after I sent them my audio), and pretty much said that as long as Isaac is okay with me sharing it (which he will be, since he was okay with me recording it), and I share with and give credit to JordanCon for this audio existing in the first place, I am okay posting it around. 

I am going to wait a little bit, get the videos from his panel stitched up, then run all of that by him, and then post it both here and to Arcanum. Oh, and I'll need to make sure I can share scans of the handout Isaac was... handing out.

Depending on my schedule, we may get something this week, but next week+ is much more realistic.