Vote Tally:
Yitzi )1): Aster, Aonar
Straw (3): Alvron, Araris, Cloud
Alvron (0): Yitzi, Mega, Araris, Sami
Manukos (1): Orlok, Road Brightness
Araris (0): Clanky
Cloud (5): Orlok, Yitzi, Aster, Yitzi, Flash, Roadwalker
Drake (0): Brightness

I don't see Cloud as being an elim just because of the "not very well thought through" plan that he made earlier. I very highly doubt he'll flip elim tbh. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I just don't see it. I understand that saying this makes me look like I'm "certain" of his alignment which is something that elims accidentally do a lot, but I'm not. I honestly don't know his alignment I just don't see him doing something that would get him lynched like this Day 1 if he was an elim. From what I've seen Cloud is a very smart player. After all, he was the coinshot who killed me in LG34 when almost everyone had said they trusted me. XD (and I WAS evil lolz)

I'd rather lynch Manukos who has said he wants to avoid the Day 1 lynch just because he doesn't like it. And he even expressed suspicion of Asterion, but never placed a vote. It's subtle things like this that actually raise the red flags for me. I could see an elim hiding behind the "I don't like Day 1 lynches" excuse while still placing suspicion on another player. It seems like a more sneaky thing that an elim would do heh. The Day 1 lynch isn't liked very much by almost anyone, but we still do it to try and gather info and even get a chance at finding an elim.

59 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

"Actual scientists tend to be more careful...for instance, they're much less likely than the average person to confuse the words 'tenet' and 'tenant'."

You must have missed the part about his supreme incompetence... 

1 minute ago, Clanky said:

You must have missed the part about his supreme incompetence... 

You're assuming I was disagreeing with your post, rather than providing a comment to support your low assessment of him.

19 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

I don't see Cloud as being an elim just because of the "not very well thought through" plan that he made earlier.

Me either.  His "would an elim do this" remark, on the other hand...

Edited by Yitzi2

2 hours ago, The Flash said:

As little as I like the vote on cloudjumper , it is certainly a better lynch than alvron. I don't think I've ever actually played with alvron before lol. 

Whoa Insta ninjad by brightness 

@The Flash, would you care to explain why you've voted on Cloud? What about his actions and thoughts makes him a better lynch than Alv to you?

1 hour ago, Roadwalker said:

This from the High Chief Lurker?

I think the cloud lynch makes sense, he has a few sentences that really trigger my bogey-sense, but I am not sure why.

@Roadwalker, would you please identify these sentences that "really trigger [your] bogey-sense"?

Whilst I remain critical of Cloudjumper's view, I'm not sure it's deserved of a lynch, and don't like the bandwagon that has sprung up without people explaining their votes. For now, Roadwalker. Saying that he's suspicious, and not identifying why, seems deserved of a vote to me.

1 minute ago, Yitzi2 said:

You're assuming I was disagreeing with your post, rather than providing a comment to support your low assessment of him.

Just wait till you see all the gold he gets from the grant applications!

31 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Vote Tally:
Yitzi )1): Aster, Aonar
Straw (3): Alvron, Araris, Cloud
Alvron (0): Yitzi, Mega, Araris, Sami
Manukos (1): Orlok, Road Brightness
Araris (0): Clanky
Cloud (5): Orlok, Yitzi, Aster, Yitzi, Flash, Roadwalker
Drake (0): Brightness

Personally, I would rather lynch a lurker than someone who made a poorly thought out suggestion.

Unpopular ideas are usually pretty NAI. Lurking, on the other hand, is a valid eliminator tactic.

It may be early in the game, and thus difficult to tell who is actually lurking and who is just temporarily preoccupied, but still. I think I'd prefer to lynch Straw than Cloud.

Also @everyone please vote. I know D1 lynches suck but it's better to make a decision, so that we have real discussion.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Orlok. At this point, that means my vote ties the lynch... Let me read up on what happens on a tied lynch real quick.

EDIT2: Apparently tied votes result in a random outcome. In that case, my vote stands.

Edited by Drake Marshall

So our two lynching options are Cloud and Straw at the moment. Straws great crimes was stealing Alvrons name in sign-ups, being inactive, and being the alternative option to cloud. Clouds crimes come down to suggesting something kinda silly. At least he tried to generate discussion though. 

Of the two I think I would prefer Straw for inactivity. I'm not sure how active the contribution crusade has been since I took my sabbatical but it's purpose was in the right spot. 

4 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

on mobile now but

cloud says this suspicious stuf D1. right? why would he do that? br said he is a careful player.  i agree. so-- what do we have? an IKYK. who is the only person who wants that? an elim. @OrlokTsubodai

@Roadwalker, that's now two occasions on which you've said that Cloud has said something suspicious, and not identified it. As I asked above, would you please tell me the which you think are the "few sentences that really trigger [your] bogey-sense"?

Just now, asterion137 said:

@Drake Marshall @Clanky straw will probably die tonight anyway. This game has a nice anti-inactive feature so we don't need to CC

Maybe, but you might just "die" and pass on to the spiritual realm. From the OP "After you die you’ll return here for a couple cycles before “passing on” (see, morbid guy, right?) during which you’ll be “judged for your actions” and you might potentially change your outlook on life." Makes me think dying isn't so straightforward in this game. Besides Straw has been online during this cycle and still didn't post so he had a chance to post and didn't. 

Well I mean if no one has any suspicions a no-lynch might be an option. Right now since it's day one there's not really much evidence against anyone, so unless people have suspicions we might want to think about lynching no one at all, preventing the chance of lynching a villager.

there might be another quot but I dont have time-- this one started the kind of IKYK-- this seems like the kind of thing an elim would say, but an elim would not say that because it is the kind of think a n elim would say, but that is why they would say that, and that is why they would say that, etc.

the IKYK should not exist if he was a villager.

cant get on for replies i have to go but i will answer questions tomorrow

Edited by Roadwalker

4 minutes ago, asterion137 said:

@Drake Marshall @Clanky straw will probably die tonight anyway. This game has a nice anti-inactive feature so we don't need to CC

No he won't as he used his Mark.

I've just gone through the N0 thread and saw that Straw did give warning that he won't be online for a couple of days due to RL.  He has however logged in a couple of times so I'm a little torn about taking my vote off him so he doesn't die due to something RL and leaving it on there as he has been logging in.

9 minutes ago, asterion137 said:

Not so. Straw transferred to the physical realm like most of the players. So they will not be dying to an inactivity filter.

Nor is Straw really inactive, more just lurking, by the looks of it.

It's not a perfect lynch by any means, but between Cloud and Straw, I'd rather it be Straw, from what I've seen from both of them.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Alvron. If Straw warned us about being busy in advance, I might want to reconsider.

Edited by Drake Marshall

Elantris was on fire, and Locke finally felt at home. It had been a long time since he had been at this place in this time, but at last everything was starting to make sense again. Memories and names flashed through his mind, overwhelming him. The pendant, the Jeskeri, death. Kiireon, Edaan, Kaian. The Shaod, the return of Elantris, and fire.

His second life. An age ago, almost lost to memory, with a thousand faces seen since, and many long forgotten. So much learnt, so many mistakes, but still progress. Forty-one steps, forty-one lives, on a journey searching for who knows what.

Locke was trapped, lost in memory. Kaian’s admonitions, arguments with Mainem, death at the hand of Kae. Back then, Locke had been young, naive, helpless before the storm. How things have changed. He had hardened, become callous, no longer moved by the presence of death.

He barely heard the words of Phil, but the voice managed to break him out of his reverie.  He looked down at the fire, determined now.  He would journey into Elantris himself, and face the Dakhor, as he had done before. It would not be the first time nor the last, he was certain. 

@little wilson, @Alvron, @Kasimir, @Mckeedee123, @winter devotion

6 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

there might be another quot but I dont have time-- this one started the kind of IKYK-- this seems like the kind of thing an elim would say, but an elim would not say that because it is the kind of think a n elim would say, but that is why they would say that, and that is why they would say that, etc.

the IKYK should not exist if he was a villager.

cant get on for replies i have to go but i will answer questions tomorrow

The IKYK doesn't have to exist - you interpret it as existing. Another entirely plausible explanation is that Cloud, being a elatively new player, simply made a mistake. Now, I will continue to consider what he said, but don't like that you're drawing a conclusion from it that doesn't have to exist. Your argument feels fabricated, to me.

Just now, OrlokTsubodai said:

The IKYK doesn't have to exist - you interpret it as existing. Another entirely plausible explanation is that Cloud, being a elatively new player, simply made a mistake. Now, I will continue to consider what he said, but don't like that you're drawing a conclusion from it that doesn't have to exist. Your argument feels fabricated, to me.

I feel like Cloud is acting more like an elim playing a part than a villager who made a mistake. He hopped on the "But an elim wouldn't do that because it's too suspicious" argument a little fast. I think a townie would have simply explained his reasoning and retracted. It just sounds too much like Cloud is trying to be too deliberate about sounding like a townie rather than actually being a townie. And I think saying "But an elim wouldn't do that because it's too suspicious" or some variant of it is definitely an IKYK because this whole post feels like I'm IKYKing:ph34r:

1 hour ago, asterion137 said:

Did he though? I can't find that.

Here it is lol: (page 2)

On 7/19/2017 at 2:53 PM, Manukos said:

I am not going to vote cos I never vote the first cycle but I am suspicious of someone (dont remember the name , [edit : asterion]) for his/her reaction to ytzi 

Ughhhhh why does Straw always become a Day 1 lynch target....poor guy lol (I'm not making this up he has been lynched or almost lynched Day 1 in almost every game I've played since MR21 lol)

Chapter Two: Eternal Dominion

The fifteen, clothed in their new bodies, ran through the deserted streets of Kae.

It was odd to see what should have been a bustling center of life and trade look so dead. No light shone from houses or shops. Boxes and carts lay overturned in the streets. There was not a sound besides their footfalls and heavy breathing and—

They stopped. There was another sound, too: it was like a snarl or a rasp. It was coming from directly ahead of them, and it was getting louder.

A hideous creature leapt out from a side street. It was human in shape, but its bones were twisted in unnatural patterns and the savage look in its eyes was far from human. Aran charged into action, sword held in an aggressive stance. The thing didn’t appear to be armed. It didn’t do anything to defend itself as Aran plunged the sword into its side…

CLINK!

The sword bounced off of the monster, not even scratching the protruding bone. Alvron recovered and slashed again with all his might. The creature’s bones completely stopped the attack, and the sword flew out of his hands. The creature responded with a punch, so powerful it threw Alvron across the road and into a wall. He slid to the ground, unmoving.

Everyone took a step back from the abomination. The Dakhor. It bared its teeth and charged.

What followed was chaos.

-

StrawAlvron awoke in the Cognitive Realm. He felt the familiar pull into the Beyond, but this time, he found he had no Mark to give him form. He saw the others around him battling the Dakhor; they were glowing slightly, like the hooded man’s marks.

The hooded man’s marks…hadn’t he had two extras in that box? He searched out someone—anyone—who could hear him.

After a long search, he finally found stumbled into a shop not far from the others’ battle. As soon as he entered, the shopkeeper stood and looked directly into him. Could this be the man that Mr. Hooded Cloak said to look for in Kae?

“I’m looking for the extra Marks,” StrawAlvron said. “Do you know what I’m talking about?”

The proprietor nodded knowingly. “I have many channels across space and time. Unfortunately, they are not here.”

“Where are they, then?” StrawAlvron asked desperately.

“They’re currently being used as evidence, I believe.”

“Evidence for what?

-

TO BE CONTINUED when I have more time

Straw (playing the character Alvron) has died! Here is his autopsy report:

Spoiler

59719b3201585_Strawtopsy2.thumb.png.e1cd74caa474404b060a6cb6f2ce48a1.png

And here are the contents of his will:

Spoiler

I'll put something here later.

The Physical Realm

4. Eobard Thawne (The Flash) - DEFINITELY not an evil speedster
5. Lucky Duke (Cloudjumper) - handy with a barrel
6. The Wanderer (Yitzi2) - definitely not Hoid
7. Vulture Sam (asterion137) - a card hustler
8. Jaspian (StrikerEZ) - talks to a stick
9. BrightnessRadiant as Herself - very confused worldhopper
10. Liz Allan (Sami) - terribly confused Marvel fanatic
11. Ister Mo (Manukos) - likes camping
12. Tautali Laust (Megasif) - valiant Radiant on a journey of self-discovery
14. Dr. C (Clanky) - Rickrolling mad scientist
15. Locke Tekiel (OrlokTsubodai) - I feel like this guy's died before
17. Aran (Aonar Faileas) - the hunter
18. Requiem (Drake Marshall) - Kyner from the future
19. ______ (Roadwalker) - deep in thought

The Cognitive Realm

1. Mr, Red Facemask (Alvron) - likes to use commas
2. An Innocent Man (A Joe in the Bush) - definitely harmless
13. Daniyah as Herself - first blackout game!
16. Aralis (Araris Valerian) - former head-thumper back from the dead
20. ppil (STINK) - has some beef with Phil
3. Alvron (Straw) - a very confusing guy was Kiin

The Spiritual Realm

-

bla_1500696000.png

Vote Tally

Straw (5): Alvron, Araris, Cloud, Drake, Clanky
Cloud (4): Aster, Yitzi, Flash, Roadwalker
Manukos (1): Brightness
Roadwalker (1): Orlok

Edited by Ecthelion III