Long Game (3)2: Pulling on Strings

So, it seems like my death is quite inevitable now. Watching the discussion this cycle regarding who else might be an elim has also been incredibly encouraging.

There’s a couple of things I’d like to try and arrange before you guys lynch me. First, I’d like to request that the snapped Soother contact either Hero or Lopen. I’m pretty sure they’ll be interested in hearing your story. Actually, you should probably contact both of them, just to be on the safe side. Also, I’d like to ask @OmeGaster to remember to post my final message after I expire.

That’s about it for now. I wish you all good luck and a great game.

Edited by randuir

LG32: Night 7 - Celebration

Dear __________

Salutations from a far away land! I hope you’ve all been having a grand time over in your land of murder and paradise, while I am just in the land of murder. It’s an alright place though, if you’re into that kind of stuff. 

So, I heard you’ve actually managed to get another Spiked! Not the inquisitor, but close enough right? They both have Spikes, and want to kill you all. That’s good enough for me, at least. 

And so it is time for a grand celebration! Your results have improved drastically over the past few days, and so a feast will be held. Poor Remart won’t show up of course, but I’m sure he would have loved to be there. Now thanks to my grand assistant, you will all notice that a grotesque amount of you all voted for Randuir, but I’m not really allowed to comment on that. Neither can I comment on anything really interesting, which is a downer.

Anyway, my time is currently limited due to exterminating a population, so I will see you later!

Cheers,
The Court Fool

Randuir was lynched! He was a Spiked Smoker!

Vote Count
Kipper (1): Figberts 
Randuir (9): Wilson, Hemalurgic Headshot, Yitzi2, Lopen, Arraenae, Hero, Elenion, OmeGaster, Randuir

Night 7 has begun. You have 24 hours to send in all actions and/or wait to die. 

blu_1492466400.png 

Player List
1. Arinian - Alrin
2. Hemalurgic Headshot - Quinn
3. Jondesu - Remart - Spiked Coppercloud
4. Elenion - Roger Elariel
5. Drake Marshall - Serray - Regular Crewmember
6. Darkness Ascendant - The Phantom Stranger
7. Randuir - Magister Agemtsar Spiked Smoker
8. Magestar - David Agemtsar
9. Herowannabe - Herwynbe
10. Yitzi2 - Garshin
11. Metacognition - Village Pewterarm
12. Silverblade5 - Ryth
13: Arraenae - Rhea
14. TheMightyLopen - Sidon
15. little wilson - Willie Klara
16. Droughtbringer - You  - Regular Crewmember
17. Iamspartacus - Astrid the Bold
18. Ornstein - Winkleton - Regular Crewmember
19. Araris Valerian - Wol Village Rioter
20. Dalinar Kholin - Lebochevkowski - Village Coppercloud
21. OmeGaster - Rieyun
22. Kipper - Elenion - Pewterarm
23. Sart - Gaetan - Regular Crewmember
24. Bugsy - Jelwynd
25. Figberts - Quond
26. Mark IV - The Follower
27. Manukos - Reval
28. Aonar Faileas - Vana Izenry Village Coinshot]
29. Ecthelion - Amnar - Village Pewterarm
30. Amanuensis - Mykal - Village Smoker

Edited by OrlokTsubodai

Admittedly, I was a little worried after his last post. :P Now we've still got the Inquisitor and the Thug/Regular to find. And I imagine we'll have a Spiked Coinshot/Regular at the end of this Night. Hopefully we'll get lucky and they'll just turn into a Regular.

Here are the player numbers. 18 players. 16 villagers, 1 Inquisitor and 1 Spiked. I think it's safe to say the the Inquisitor and their new convert are both active players, meaning whatever inactives we've got, they're probably villagers, so our numbers aren't as high as they seem. I'd say we have at least 3 or 4 inactives, though I'm hoping a couple of them will still come back.

The fact that someone Snapped when the last convert happened means it's likely they were previously a Misting of some sort. I've asked around quite a bit, but can't seem to locate the 3rd Snapped. :'( However, we do know that both Wilson and Hero are/were Mistings, as well as at least 1 active Tineye(there seems to be another one, but they might be inactive or a Mistborn instead), so it's probably a good idea to watch them closely from here on out. Other than that, I really don't have any leads for the most recent conversion, considering it just happened and we decided on lynching Rand pretty much at the beginning of the Cycle.

Praise the Ja!

Edited by TheMightyLopen

I notice that the first conversion came from a "smoker" and the second from a "coppercloud"; assuming the distinction held, that would mean Randuir was the first convert and Jondesu the second.

Also, the elims are now without Smoker support, so the village seeker(s) can now act unhindered.  (It may be good for the seeker(s) to ask for lurcher protection.)

13 hours ago, Yitzi2 said:

I notice that the first conversion came from a "smoker" and the second from a "coppercloud"; assuming the distinction held, that would mean Randuir was the first convert and Jondesu the second.

Also, the elims are now without Smoker support, so the village seeker(s) can now act unhindered.  (It may be good for the seeker(s) to ask for lurcher protection.)

Actually, that would probably be a bad idea, mainly because it would tell the Inquisitor exactly who needs to be killed/converted. I suppose a seeker who wanted protection could PM me (as a self-proclaimed Lurcher) directly, if you trust me, but even that is risky in case I ever get converted. 

Really, if I were a seeker, here's what I would do:

I would PM 3 random players and say something like:

"This is a message that originated from the seeker. The following players have been cleared on the following nights (or whatever info you want to pass on)... forward this message, word for word, on to 3 other players, and instruct them to do likewise. Do not reveal who originally PMed this to you."

That way you could pass info on to the village and make it very difficult for the Spiked to trace the message back to its source. 

Edited by Herowannabe
Typo

Sorry for being less active the last couple days. I drove to my parents' on Friday and have been with family since, so I haven't been online hardly at all. I'm heading back tonight though, so I'll go back to my usual activity levels.

Also, thanks to being out with my mom and my phone almost dying, I didn't get a soothe order placed. Given the recent conversion, I expect that will look suspicious, but I don't really care.  I also don't think I would've found anything useful even if I had soothed, since they had to have known Rand would be lynched today, so he probably offensively smoked last night.

49 minutes ago, little wilson said:

Given the recent conversion, I expect that will look suspicious, but I don't really care.

I find it unlikely you were convert #3, since you're the one who pushed the lynch on Randuir, and that seems a bit much for a WGG (especially as you'd be probably be a thug, and therefore less beneficial for the town to find than Randuir would).

Quond grinned, and looked around. He had snapped. There was simply no other explanation to what he was feeling. I mean, was it normal for people to suddenly start feeling all the emotions to be tugged on in the minds of others? And it made sense seeing what he had recently gone through with Teikel. This could be very useful. Maybe Teikel could die after all.

52 minutes ago, Figberts said:

Quond grinned, and looked around. He had snapped. There was simply no other explanation to what he was feeling. I mean, was it normal for people to suddenly start feeling all the emotions to be tugged on in the minds of others? And it made sense seeing what he had recently gone through with Teikel. This could be very useful. Maybe Teikel could die after all.

Just in case it isn't clear, Figberts told me he's the 3rd Snapped and that he's a Rioter. Here's what this tells us:

1. The last convert was something other than a Rioter, and Figberts Snapped into a Rioter by chance. - 22% chance
2. The last convert was a Rioter. - 78% chance

Now, I'm not sure if this is official, but I believe the chances of the Snapped getting the previous role of the convert is about 78%(I think that's what Aonar said and no one disagreed with that), which is based off of what we know from LG2. So it's a lot more likely that the last convert was a Rioter before they were converted. Since Araris died, and he's the only one who's used Rioting power for a long time, this would mean the Rioter would have been either not using their power, or using their power to make it look like they were a Soother. As of right now, the only known Soother is Wilson, so, I do think this casts suspicion on her. It's obviously not the only answer, but I do think it's the most obvious one.

Praise the Ja!

Edited by TheMightyLopen

2 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

Except that Wilson's own vote went through plenty of times that she soothed someone else, so it wasn't Wilson, unless my memory is horribly mistaken. 

......Good point. Sorry about that Wilson! >> Well, we're back to square one then. Anyone know of any Rioters?

Praise the Ja!

2 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Is it possible that we had an inactive Rioter?

It's possible, but I doubt the Inquisitor would convert an inactive player. Plus we know that we do/did have an active rioter, who rioted votes on a couple cycles. 

44 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

It's possible, but I doubt the Inquisitor would convert an inactive player. Plus we know that we do/did have an active rioter, who rioted votes on a couple cycles. 

There's Araris to consider. I'm almost certain that was him who wasing the Rioting of me back on D7, because he'd been tunneling on me up until that point and his own vote was negated that lynch. He might account for the rest of the Riotings, too. But I don't have time to go back and check too see what his voting was like on cycles where there was a Rioting.

LG32: Day 8 - The Boring Party

Dear __________

You had a very boring party. It was boring. The walls were grey. Everyone was wearing grey. It was boring.

Then a red man strolled in. It was not boring. The red spread. Person to person, red leaking and trailing down the walls. 

The red man stood around all the dead corpses. The walls are red. You are wearing red. 

Is it boring now?

Someone was attacked but survived!
Someone was converted with UberIron!
UberIron - With UberIron, you may target a player and redirect their action to another player of your choice. They will not be informed that the redirect occurs. 
Someone snapped!

Player List
1. Arinian - Alrin
2. Hemalurgic Headshot - Quinn
3. Jondesu - Remart - Spiked Coppercloud
4. Elenion - Roger Elariel
5. Drake Marshall - Serray - Regular Crewmember
6. Darkness Ascendant - The Phantom Stranger
7. Randuir - Magister Agemtsar Spiked Smoker
8. Magestar - David Agemtsar
9. Herowannabe - Herwynbe
10. Yitzi2 - Garshin
11. Metacognition - Village Pewterarm
12. Silverblade5 - Ryth
13: Arraenae - Rhea
14. TheMightyLopen - Sidon
15. little wilson - Willie Klara
16. Droughtbringer - You  - Regular Crewmember
17. Iamspartacus - Astrid the Bold
18. Ornstein - Winkleton - Regular Crewmember
19. Araris Valerian - Wol Village Rioter
20. Dalinar Kholin - Lebochevkowski - Village Coppercloud
21. OmeGaster - Rieyun
22. Kipper - Elenion - Pewterarm
23. Sart - Gaetan - Regular Crewmember
24. Bugsy - Jelwynd
25. Figberts - Quond
26. Mark IV - The Follower
27. Manukos - Reval
28. Aonar Faileas - Vana Izenry Village Coinshot]
29. Ecthelion - Amnar - Village Pewterarm
30. Amanuensis - Mykal - Village Smoker

Edited by Alvron
Player list

Rae. She was the Tineye, and there's no Tineye message. Since I was the only one who knew for a fact that she was the Tineye, she probably hoped to kill me and make it so even though everyone would know the Tineye had been converted, no one would know who it was.

Also, she PMed me just at rollover to apologize. I'm 99.9% certain that the person who was attacked was me. Therefore, we wouldn't gain anything by withholding the info and discussing anyway.