59 minutes ago, eramit said:

I think if you will scan me you will miss an oppurtunity to scan an experienced player to make sure he will be a good and resourceful senator while scanning me (a new player) will help the senat to find a candidate who will not be a good senator.

But if you belive in me and my future abilities as a senator scan me.

Edit: forgot to put my voe on straw I also want to know why you voted for Elodin.

Well, I was a new player when I got into this, but ended up lynching a Jeskeri. I'm keeping the inspection vote on you, half because I think you'll split the elims' attention between the Senate and the pros and half because you don't sound like you want to be scanned.

I will take my vote off of Elodin if/when he explains his actions.

1 hour ago, eramit said:

I think if you will scan me you will miss an oppurtunity to scan an experienced player to make sure he will be a good and resourceful senator while scanning me (a new player) will help the senat to find a candidate who will not be a good senator.

But if you belive in me and my future abilities as a senator scan me.

Edit: forgot to put my vote on straw I also want to know why you voted for Elodin.

Kind of a weak excuse. We already have one candidate who is a proven villager that we can put into the Senate tonight. I think you're just trying to dodge the inspection.

1 minute ago, Ecthelion III said:

Kind of a weak excuse. We already have one candidate who is a proven villager that we can put into the Senate tonight. I think you're just trying to dodge the inspection.

That's what I said, and so my inspection vote remains on him. As for the lynch, I'm pretty sure it will either be Elodin for beginning the bandwagon on Cloud or Straw for being a bandwagoner on everybody. I'd personally prefer Elodin, but Straw dying is fine, too.

I think I am still going to stick to a vote on Elodin, as he's my best lead and I don't know if I'll be able to check back in again this cycle. 

I'd also suggest Eramit or Straw(if he's not lynched) for the scan. Either would work for me. 

Here is the vote tally up to this point:

Thread Votes:

Master Elodin (6): Elenion, Straw, Mailliw, The Senate

Straw (2): Ecthelion, eramit

Senate Kill Votes:

Master Elodin (1): Elenion

Senate Investigation Votes:

Eramit (1): Elenion,

@Master Elodin, you have quite the incentive to post right now.

@Amanuensis @Elbereth @The Young Bard Also, other senators, please get on the document. Elenion has absolute power right now, and I'm not so sure that's a good thing...

1 minute ago, Ecthelion III said:

@Amanuensis @Elbereth @The Young Bard Also, other senators, please get on the document. Elenion has absolute power right now, and I'm not so sure that's a good thing...

I love a good dictatorship once in a while! B)

(No seriously, get on)

3 hours ago, Elenion said:

@cloudjumper is Straw's assertion true?

I'm dropping my vote on Elodin too, although I should be back about 30 minutes before turnover to analyze again.

Edit: un-red on Elodin because I already had a poke vote on him.

Someone certainly put me in their doc. They haven't posted at all though, so I have no way of knowing who it is.

I guess that clears Straw, since beforehand he had no way of knowing that you would be added to a doc. You really should post in that doc though. Straw. In fact, Straw, go post in the doc right now to confirm your name and actually make use of that ability.

Master Elodin hasn't been on since the new cycle began, so I guess he's going to get lynched.

On July 10, 2016 at 5:29 PM, Elenion said:

The Derethi weren't covering their friend unless both Cloud and Elbereth are Derethi, and that would have taken some serious gambling on the return from that scan, because the chance that a Derethi started in the Senate is low, and the chance that they got the results even smaller. I think it's more likely that they knew that neither Cloud nor Conq were Derethi and so just bandwagoned on Conq (who already had more votes at the time), leaving Young Bard and I to use the senate inspection vote on Cloud. Funny enough, that in itself cleared you from the scan, Eramit.

@jaimeleecee Looking at the votes, between Bard and I we could have taken away 5 votes from Conq and handed them all to Cloud, putting him in a position to look like the definite choice of the populace. Since I hinged my vote on his (see above), we could have saved a Cultist easily. Bard is clean from my suspicions of Cultism.

To everyone:

You guys might not know this about me yet, but I am an extreme math nerd. As such, I crunched some probabilities about the Derethi having one or more members starting in the senate. Here's my results: (I used 19 people in the game; is that right?)

Chance of 1+ members of a 4-Derethi group starting in 5-man Senate: 69.33%

Chance of 2+ members of a 4-Derethi group starting in 5-man Senate: 12.87%

Chance of 1+ members of a 3-Derethi group starting in 5-man Senate: 60.91%

Chance of 2+ members of a 3-Derethi group starting in 5-man Senate: 7.85%

If you have any questions about my math, just ask.

Just wanted to note really quickly - this is assuming Senators were selected entirely randomly, after Derethi/Jeskeri picks. Which is possible, but I don't regard it as that likely. So these statistics aren't particularly useful. 

11 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

Straw, it's not really like you to just hop in the bandwagon without any reasoning. Master Elodin

Ha. That's funny. 

9 hours ago, Elenion said:

That's the second time @Straw has bandwagoned without reason. I'd suggest he defend himself, before I use the senate's powers to drop a triple-poke-vote.

No, it's not the second time, sadly. It's the second time this game. This is not exactly uncommon for him, unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

Sorry. I've actually been on all evening, just forgetting about this game (probably because so few people are posting). >> Here now. Not sure whether I'm going to vote or not, but I'm happy with scanvote going on Eramit. As Elenion said, he seemed to be half-avoiding it, plus I already wanted to scan him yesterday before Cloud became a better target. 

EDIT: Ecthelion, what do you mean by that question, exactly? What does Mek do for a living? What do you do in order to GM? Something else? Because it _sounds_ like the first, but I think you mean the second. :P

Edited by Elbereth

Write-up forthcoming!

Elodin was lynched! He was a village Merchant!

Elodin (3): Straw, Elenion, Mailliw
Straw (1): Eramit

The Senate has four members! There will be both a Recall and an Election tonight!

New color scheme! Put Election votes in
green and retractions in red! Put Recall votes in "violet" and retractions in "gold"! (I had a devil of a time reading them last cycle.)

1. Elbereth- Saoli
2. Mailliw- Reomaim
3. Cloudjumper- Kelron
4. The Young Bard- The Mysterious Figure
5. Ecthelion III- Aeleus
6. Orlok- Locke
7. Elodin- oaR  Village Merchant
8. Straw- Straw
9. Conquestor- Lorienthe Mysteries Cultist Landlord
10. Eramit- Kolokolo Kolo
11. Metacognition- Meta
12. emilylime- Lime
13. Eolhandras- Eolhandras
14. Elenion- Ashkelon
15. Sart- Sart
16. Jaimelecee- Jaena Village Merchant
17. Amanuensis- Opalin
18. Seonid- Sheon Idris
19. Kipper- Kipper
Edited by Alvron

THE SENATE DOCUMENT

Storm it, we lynched a plebeian.

I'll vote for Cloudjumper, who's the only confirmed Dula we know of (except for Straw, but he's rather...unpredictable).

Who got the scan results?

Role-playing to come after the GM write-up so as to maintain story continuity.

Edited by Ecthelion III

"With a clacking of polished shoes and the clinking of pocketed money, Ashkelon raced down the stairs of the senate building, exploding into the town square in a blur of gilded clothes and expensive accessories. He leaped onto the nearest tall object, a small wall about half his height. From this vantage point, he uttered the text of the Horn-Call of Buckland: 'Up! Awake! Fear! Fire! Foes! Awake!' The crowd turned toward him in a wave, their heads creating a sea of pale faces, made paler by what was yet to come. 'I have an item of business that concerns every last person here who wants to live!' The crowd fell silent. 'My spies have delivered ill tidings! Tiding of great doom to us all! Eramit is the Gyorn of the Derethi Cultists!' Mutters shot through the crowd, and fear radiated from Ashkelon's perch like a tsunami of terror. 'But do not fear! We in the senate will deal with him and all of his followers, just as we dealt with the accursed Cultist in our midst!' Cheers broke out, and Ashkelon felt it was time for his masterstroke. 'But above all, give me a pay raise!' With that triumphal declaration, Ashkelon leaped from his perch and sprinted into the senate building, leaving a riled but slightly-confused crowd behind him.