Yeah, I edited my post when I got it. Which was indeed before you posted. :P But... meh. She also hasn't actually voted for Gamma. So it could just be the eliminators taking advantage of that suspicion to push through a lynch on someone other than Elodin. Which... is possible, but I doubt it because 1) there was no push against him earlier in the day, and 2) that eliminator would be me. Which it's not. :)

Yeah, I edited my post when I got it. Which was indeed before you posted. :P But... meh. She also hasn't actually voted for Gamma. So it could just be the eliminators taking advantage of that suspicion to push through a lynch on someone other than Elodin. Which... is possible, but I doubt it because 1) there was no push against him earlier in the day, and 2) that eliminator would be me. Which it's not. :)

Well, I wouldn't think she'd vote for Gamma. That wouldn't make much sense. :P

Gamma? Also both time stamps say 6:48.

EDIT: Aaand.. Ninjad by Maill. *sigh*

Edited by Master Elodin

Geez, people. I go out to dinner and you expand the thread another 4 pages?! I'm never going to get my notes up-to-date at this rate. Gah.

....I can't say I'm particularly okay with some of the reasons on the Gunshy vote. Particularly Seonid's. Voting for someone solely because I'm suspicious of them makes me absurdly uncomfortable but whatever. For now.

I'll place a vote on Gunshy, solely to make sure there's a lynch and because I have a stronger gut feeling about Gunshy than I do about Elodin. And a number of people I somewhat trust have said they're less suspicious of Elodin now, and until I have time to catch my notes up, I'll rely on that.

Now let's post and see what the ninjas have said....

That's fair, Maill.

Two minutes left in the cycle. As a heads up, I'll probably have to leave before turnover is posted, so unfortunately I can't just PM everyone who I didn't get to PM last night because I was travelling the whole time. I am planning to contact everyone tonight, though. Hopefully we can get some PMs exchanged before turnover tomorrow. 24-hour nights are irritating PM-wise.

EDIT: At this point I highly doubt that Gunshy's evil, but at least this last couple of hours should give some interesting material for discussion.

Edited by Elbereth (Lomion)

You weren't my only reasoning, Wilson - you were just what pushed me over the edge. I was interested in testing Elodin's claim via Wolfbrother tonight, because I didn't want to lynch what could be our last Dreamwalker by accident.

Your suspicions made me OK with the alternate target being Gunshy, but when I voted, the lynch was tied, and I decided that I could swing it.

That's fair, Maill.

Two minutes left in the cycle. As a heads up, I'll probably have to leave before turnover is posted, so unfortunately I can't just PM everyone who I didn't get to PM last night because I was travelling the whole time. I am planning to contact everyone tonight, though. Hopefully we can get some PMs exchanged before turnover tomorrow. 24-hour nights are irritating PM-wise.

Yeah, last night, I thought that we could only start PMs at night, but we could talk in them during the day. So I didn't get many set up at all.

....I can't say I'm particularly okay with some of the reasons on the Gunshy vote. Particularly Seonid's. Voting for someone solely because I'm suspicious of them makes me absurdly uncomfortable but whatever. For now.

Oh, hey, that reminds me of what I was going to say and forgot - (soft) confirmed good is not confirmed right. :) Just saying.

I remembered the times when GMs linked to every writeup in the OP, and so I did that for LG20. It's been a lot of help for me, actually.

Which is why I do the quicklinks, when the GM doesn't.

Bah, just realised I didn't do them for my game :/

Long Game 22, Night 2: Six Feet Under Dirt

Gunshy sat behind the counter of his store, bored and waiting for something to happen. The day had seemed to drag on, with more and more people trying to raise up a storm and cause a ruckus, trying to find the darkfriends and the light knew what else. It wasn't for the first time during the day that Gunshy had to fight down the urge to go and find a random villager and bury them six feet under, just to try and put a stop to the noise and commotion. But no, that wouldn't be a good use of his dirt. Not when he could sell it to unsuspecting village fools.

He shook his head, wondering again who would actually pay for dirt with their hard earned money. Did the bloody fools not realize there was literal tons of the stuff right underneath their feet? To be fair, I haven't made the smartest bloody decisions with my life either, he solemnly reflected.

Gunshy reached underneath his dirt and mud-stained tunic, fishing out the relic he kept hidden in his inner shirt pocket. It was a tiny emblem, small enough to fit in the palm of his hand, gilded and still polished -- despite the hazards of the mess his job could cause -- and clearly etched on it's surface was a radiant sunburst. The sigil of The Children of Light.

He didn't know how he could still hold the bloody thing without his hand burning. Either he hadn't walked too far into the shadow, and there was still hope for his rebirth and salvation, or.....

He shuddered, not wanting to finish the though. Either that....or the Creator doesn't exist, he finished silently, wondering if it could still be considered blasphemy to think such, despite all of the terrible atrocities he had committed over the years.

They had found him while he was young. Still inexperienced and unsure of himself or the world around him. Or, at least, that's what he liked to tell himself. At first they were just shadowy figures, who seemed to know things about him and his companions. Damning things, that nobody wanted known. So they'd pay him, and offer to keep his secrets, for a small price, of course. He just hadn't realized until too late that the price they preferred was to be paid in blood. But not his, no. Never his own blood.

The blood of a darkfriend was too valuable to spill. Without a good enough reason, that was. Still, The Great Lord knew that he had left enough corpses behind, buried in shallow graves in his day to have any regrets left, he knew he was too far gone. The last person he killed, that's when he got the idea to start over, to try and find somewhere fresh and just.... try again. He had been digging the grave, the rusted spade digging into the earth with the ease of practice and experience, and he just remembered thinking to himself, Why, this is some perfectly good gravedigging dirt. And thus the idea was born.

He immediately left the ranks of Whitecloaks, leaving behind his contacts in the network of friends of the dark that would keep tabs on him. He thought it ironic at the time, a child of the light fleeing in the dark of night. If only he had known.

Gunshy arrived in the village of Drell's crossing months later, not a copper to his name, and more importantly, nobody who knew him or what he had done. It didn't take him long to get established as the town's residential expert on dirt, and soon he found people coming to his shop regularly for all of their gardening and dirt needs. He had even been happy for a while.

Until The Forsaken came. He should've known there would be no running from his past, he just didn't expect it to catch up so fast.

So here he still was, no way to remove himself from the situation this time. Trapped in the village that seemed to be tearing itself apart in their frustration and paranoia. What could he tell everyone, that he was just following orders? Nobody would believe that, and even if they did, would that excuse him from his crimes? Would it make a difference to them? Unlikely, he thought, and for good reason.

So he sat behind the counter of his store, waiting for the day to end, and seeing what sort of chaos would be sown next. It was as the sun started setting that he heard the commotion from outside starting to die down, making him perk his head up and waiting to see what happened next. He already half knew what to expect.

It was almost full night by the time the Mayor Jak led the ragtag group of villagers to surround him and his dirt store. One look at their faces told him what decision they had made.

"Just use the dirt in the barrels out back to bury me in, if you wouldn't mind," Gunshy said, removing his coat and pulling the long-ago stained whitecloak sunburst out and setting it on the counter in front of him. "I dug that dirt up from the slopes of Dragonmount itself," he told them. "Figured I'd save it for a special occasion. And I can't think of any better reason than this."

And with that, Gunshy let himself be led to the noose, his last thoughts of what to expect next. Was their hope for salvation, as the catechism always said, or was the Dark Lord of the Grave waiting for him, as he had been waiting for all of his victims throughout all of the years? Gunshy couldn't be sure, but he thought he heard a bit of laughter ringing in the darkest corners of his mind right before the blackness took over, and all became nothing.

----------------------------------

Gunshy was lynched! They were a Darkfriend Whitecloak!
Jak is still Mayor of Drell's Crossing!

Gunshy(8) - Elb, Lopen(+1), Jaime, Elodin, Seodin, Wilson, Rubix

Elodin(5) - Straw, Bard, Winter, Sheep, Conquestor

Bard - Nyali, Meta
Straw - Gunshy

Winter - Twei

Hellscythe - Araris

Mayor Votes:
Jak - Meta, Seonid, Elb, Lopen, Elodin, Araris, Mailliw
Meta - Stink, Jaime, Conquestor

Wilson - Hael

Edited by Gamma Fiend

Quick Links:

> Signups
> Day 1
> Night 1
> Day 2
> Night 2

Player List:

1.Mailliw73 - Amaiya Mavenil
2.Seonid - Cenn al'Idrius
3.Elbereth - Lomion
4.Amanuensis - Nikel Fain, Padan's son, on a quest to stop his father
5.TheOnlyNyali - Eryn, a Cairhienin 'Maiden of the Sword', lost from her society on her journey
6.AliasSheep - Llewella Rhysdaughter, an Andoran scholar studying history
7.Conquestor - Lorien, the town guard, likes boring patrols
8.Master Elodin - Ba'Alzamon, on the run from Whitecloaks
9.Phattemer - Ana-alline
10.Haelbarde - M'Hael, a False Dragon
11.Little Wilson - Keland, Owner of The Golden Dagger, Witless' half-brother
12.The Young Bard - Ruon, 15 year old, wants to be a gleeman and leave the town for adventure
13.Hellscythe - Tazrim Maim
14.ThatTinyStrawMan - Gladium Dei
15.Sart - Sarah Tea, a recent widow Forsaken
16.Metacognition - Mezal Althara, a foul-mouthed, ill tempered blacksmith
17.WinterCloud - Lexa & Heaven
18.Bugsy - The aging town librarian
19.Deathclutch19 - Trafalgar Law Village Dreamwalker
20.TheMightyLopen - Jak (Of the Shadows?)
21.GunshyMink74 - Gunshy, an entrepreneurial dirt salesman Darkfriend Whitecloak
22.ArarisValerian - Alain Stern, a lumberjack
23.RubiksCube - Cubik Rube
24.IrulelikeStink - ???
25.jaimeleecee - Birgitte, serving girl at the Inn, named after the Hero of Legends
26.OrlokTsubodai - Locke, silent stranger Village Warder
27.Twelfthrootoftwo - Douza, with his hammer

Edited by Haelbarde