11 minutes ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

Alright, my reads list has been edited in. Sorry for that complete cluster. Now, to vote!

Falcon

See prior post for reasoning.

The fixation on regular/vanilla I think is a village point, actually. Falcon’s saying that a real red scan would have said ‘Vanilla Spiked’ and not ‘Regular Spiked’ and it’s further evidence for v!Meerkat

Praise the Ja!

10 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

The fixation on regular/vanilla I think is a village point, actually. Falcon’s saying that a real red scan would have said ‘Vanilla Spiked’ and not ‘Regular Spiked’ and it’s further evidence for v!Meerkat

Praise the Ja!

That's how I read the first one, but then this:

19 hours ago, Emerald Falcon said:

The tineye message says "regular spiked" and not "vanilla spiked" despite the village flips saying "vanilla"

This makes it seem like they're still casting shade towards Meerkat for the language discrepancy.

20 minutes ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

@Elbereth im too tired for this pls

Spoiler

angry_varda.thumb.jpg.b6cec7e4a72f21a8eac3198d0cdfcefa.jpg

(please do not expect your GMs to be consistent on wording in GM PMs in such a way that it can be used to determine whether someone got a 'real' scan/role/whatever or not)

bonus:

Spoiler

spiked_pooh.jpg.ce75ff88208292b8dbca149ee9b1e81d.jpg

next time a vanilla person dies I will be using this just fyi

Edited by Elbereth
credit to fifth for the laser varda

1 hour ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

@Violet Axolotl, what are your thoughts on Chameleon now? Still considering them elim?

Honestly, I have no idea. My reasoning for voting on them last cycle is still valid, and it didn't depend on Meerkat's alignment that much (or perhaps vil!Meerkat fits with my guess as to how Pearl being an elim under those circumstances, but elim!Meerkat is theoretically possible there as well). So yeah, I'll vote for Pearl. But I don't currently have anything to add to my case, so I'm not sure I will be able to make that a viable train.

I don't know how I feel about Gorilla, since I went from suspicious D1 to a playstyle read last cycle (which is basically neutral plz contribute more), and I have the feeling that their reaction sort of fits with the player profile I gave them after D1. My gut feeling after D1 was also that D1 was v/v/v, so I'm going to stick with that. Seems likely that we'll find out by the end of this cycle as things stand.

I'm going to try and write some stuff about Falcon before the end of the turn, and I might end up switching to vote on them. So far that's based on their D1 vote and some gut based on what they've said today, but I'll see if there's more to say there.

Dyring was pleasantly surprised when the latest Tineye message was found, not "decorating" his inn's walls, but rather posted to a board just outside. He was less pleasantly surprised by the fact that the note implicated his friend Kellehrt. After a short conversation with the fellow, Dyring resolved to protect him from any mobs before true justice could be meted out, but eventually it turned out the whole thing was a ruse, and the Kellehrt hadn't even vandalized his inn the other night.

Of course, the lack of major destruction of his property didn't mean that Dyring didn't have work to do. The kid Loenthal had put up in a room needed checking in on, although the boy oddly independent. Still, a quick look in would ease Dyring's conscience. And after that, well, by now someone else was bound to have made a mess, either in their room or by the bar. A bit of cleaning would help settle his mind back on the problem of finding the Spiked.

1 hour ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

You single out Vulture and Hyena both. I'm going to assume part of it is reputational; part of it is the fact I was upfront with them.

Nah it’s neither of those (in fact I haven’t even tried to guess who the player behind Hyena is :P), I’m simply saying that the stuff that makes you lean village on them is what I’d chalk up to NAI at the most (I’ll talk more about this later). My perspective is probably limited though, but it’s all I have to go off from. 
I appreciate the detailed response though, I understand the logic you’re operating on. 

edit:

@Oxblood Beagle

This is a bit odd. Why not start now looking at Meerkat's post prior to the openwolfing to see what we can parse out? While it seemed like an effort solve other connections, it was also phrased in a procrastinatory (is that a word?) way. Tinfoil theory here: They knew some of Meerkat's posts might have reflected poorly on a teammate (defending maybe?) and didn't want people looking too closely, knowing they'd dismiss it as soon as Meerkat flipped. Again, tinfoil theory, as people would dismiss the analysis either way once Meerkat flipped. So mild elim to null, I think.

I was just trynna reference the next cycle’s exe with that wording :P If you look at some of my other posts after that one I’m pretty sure I’d already started looking back on some of meerkats posts and I think I found Alb sus consequentially. And if this sounded lazy (procrastinatory, like you put it :P) it’s probably because it was. In my head we’d just outed an elim, so a little celebratory laziness shouldn’t be too unusual. :P The bulk of my time and efforts right there and then were focused on figuring out the reason for the Octo NK anyway (still confuzzled about that btw) as you can tell from Meetkat’s PM post.

Edited by Chartreuse Penguin

30 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

I was just trynna reference the next cycle’s exe with that wording :P If you look at some of my other posts after that one I’m pretty sure I’d already started looking back on some of meerkats posts and I think I found Alb sus consequentially. And if this sounded lazy (procrastinatory, like you put it :P) it’s probably because it was. In my head we’d just outed an elim, so a little celebratory laziness shouldn’t be too unusual. :P The bulk of my time and efforts right there and then were focused on figuring out the reason for the Octo NK anyway (still confuzzled about that btw) as you can tell from Meetkat’s PM post.

That makes sense. :P I've certainly been there before. And I am also confuzzled about the NK. My minor suspicion on you has eased. Light village for now, because overall your contributions have been good.

I believe this is the current vote count.

• (5) Turquoise Gorilla: Coral Swan, Onyx Flamingo, Salmon Meerkat, Quartz Zebra, Fuschia Ostrich
  • (4) Emerald Falcon: Amethyst Scorpion, Pearl Chameleon, Plum Rhino, Oxblood Beagle, 
  • (2) Oxblood Beagle; Emerald Falcon, Chartreuse Penguin
  • (1) Fuschia Ostrich: Mint Heron

I don't have it in me to do significant analysis and will need to call it a night soon, but I'd still like to put my vote somewhere I agree with. Right now, I don't think any of the current exe candidates are it.

My opinion on Turquoise hasn't changed. Both his shortlived Albatross vote today and the Amethyst clapback at D2's EoD don't make sense to me from an elim perspective, and their post on N2 about not voting them only because you D1 was V/V/E feels genuine. Even their weirder posts don't feel elim weird. They feel villager missing information weird. The fact I am the only person that has given a semblance of defense for Turquoise further makes me think I'm right. Amethyst stated it was odd that Saffron was the one being lynched over Turquoise D2, but today serves as a testament for why that doesn't work. Had Saffron been given more time in thread, there was a good chance they could have talked their way out of it. Meanwhile, Turquoise's playstyle makes them significantly easier to vote out. Plus, frankly, my suspicion of Saffron began on N1 when I did their ISO, and though proven wrong, I still believe had merit. More than the Turquoise lynch at the time in my opinion, so with the exe already stacking on a villager, why would the elims actively stop it from happening? It doesn't help that I don't have good reads of Onyx, Quartz, or Fuschia. From memory alone, nothing they've done has stood out as villagery. If I were a gambling man, I would bet real money that an elim is among them. Coral Swan's tunnel feels genuine and I have other reasons for leaning village so I doubt it's them, while Salmon's alignment isn't a question to me at this point. Even so, I simply don't agree with the conclusion.

That all said, I do not want Emerald lynched today. I have reasons to trust Emerald beyond Salmon's ID read of them being in their Villager meta. Should it come down to it, I will vote on Turquoise to make sure Emerald does not die. I would bet real money on an elim voting here too, especially since I'm only leaning village for Amethyst and Oxblood, which admittedly is somewhat based on Salmon's reads + small mindmelds; Pearl and Plum are N at best. I will acknowledge that's mostly because I've not looked at them with any real scrutiny, but generally if nothing villagery stands out in my memory, it's not a good sign.

Oxblood is a comparatively meh option for the aforementioned mindmeld / Salmon read (though now that I was ninja'd by a big post that ends with a fourth Emerald vote, I'm starting to consider if I'd prefer it over Turquoise).

3 hours ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

@Charcoal Hyena, why retract your vote on Meerkat? I get that we had several votes there, but your vote on or off would have made little difference. 

If you read our PM transcript, you'll see I found out the plot was fake at that point. The reason for my retraction was exactly what I said, however. Whether Salmon was E or not, my vote there added nothing to the discussion and having seen the thread stagnate, I wanted to encourage others to think beyond the Tineye situation by doing the same.

While I'm reading village on Mint for correcting Salmon's mistake D2, I'm slightly leaning village on Fuschia for their fixation on paranoid e!Salmon theories. I've no idea who the player is behind that slot, but I don't know many (any?) players who'd spiral down that rabbit hole unless they were village.

Of this group, that leaves me with four exe options that I'd be satisfied with: Onyx, Quartz, Pearl, and Plum. Both Quartz and Plum are objectively the worst by sheer thread presence alone, though Quartz has actually been with us from the start and checked in frequently to drop small RP posts (elim dodging filter?). In contrast, Onyx and Pearl have been a lot more active and have voting histories. Not to mention the fact they've both been exe candidates before, which means a red flip would net more information.

Having narrowed this list and started looking back, I've discovered something I believe is worth investigating.

17 minutes before D2's end, vote count is (4) Saffron Iguana, (3) Scarlet Octopus, (3) Onyx Flamingo.

11 minutes before EoD, Azure votes on Saffron, giving them a 2 vote lead over the rest. 

8 minutes before EoD, Coral switches vote from Onyx Flamingo to Scarlet Octopus, effectively saving their previous exe target. Coral has said before they trusted Saffron, thus it would be easy for an elim to predict he would move off Flamingo if Saffron was in danger.

Could this be an E/E interaction (Azure/Onyx)? The timing certainly fits. Is it a guarantee? By no means. But it's interesting enough to make me want to look closer at Onyx.

Tivend straightened up. With that misconception out of the way, he still wanted to place a vote. He picked up his recollection of the chaotic final hours of yesterday.

Several more people hopped in to the discussion, adding their votes to candidates with only one vote on them. Then, Chameleon retracts their vote, and votes on Saffron Iguana. This leaves the vote count with Gorilla at a minor lead, but with 4 other candidates at 2 votes each. Mauve Crocodile likes the Iguana vote, and makes a 5th two vote candidate. I also got in on the action, as a handsome devil, and made a sixth candidate with 2 votes out of the innkeep (Axolotl). So basically, the thread is a mess at this point, and I wanted to see what train, if any, would start dominating.

Edeis (@Onyx Flamingo) then has a really weird vote. Despite my vote making Axolotl a viable candidate, she pivots off of him, onto Crocodile, another candidate with two votes. One of his votes is from Ostrich early in the cycle, who literally says it's a gut read. The second is from Emerald Falcon, who is suspecting him because of a PM that Crocodile swears he did not send. That's a terrible criteria for a third vote, and I really disagree with it.

"Edeis (Onyx Flamingo), stop doing your hair and come down here. Though you may be a stunning beauty, your wits are apparently non-existent. Or, perhaps, you are a Spiked fiend, who tried to save your compatriot the gameshow host. Either way, I want an answer for your behavior.

This is the same post that left me (and some others) leaning village for Mint. Vote is for Flamingo pivoting off Violet Axlotl and onto Crocodile, with two other votes that Mint didn't agree with (gut and PM confusion).

1. Heron very village wrt last post. Particularly the Flamingo part, because I was about to bring Onyx to notice myself. In addition to Heron's points, after Onyx's vote, Mauve responds giving reasons/explanations to Onyx's suspicions but Onyx does not react to that at all, even though they post after that. If they believed the explanation was insufficient, they would have told so and firmed their vote. But the fact that they didn't do this reads to me like they are trying to make sure their vote goes unseen and does not raise too much noise. They ignore Onyx's defense, make sure their vote stays and Mauve dies. Note that at this point the score was 3-2-2 [Gorilla, Croc, Iguana] and Onyx puts Croc on level terms with Gorilla. Possible Gorilla/Flamingo team here. 

Fuschia furthers Mint's vote by adding that despite Mauve giving explanations for Onyx's suspicion, Onyx does not react (despite posting).

Gorilla, Flamingo. Not because Gorilla isn’t the person I want to exe the most, but because Flamingo is the the person I want to exe the most out of the available options. If everyone wants to switch to Gorilla I’ll join you :P. I wouldn’t be opposed to Octo either, definitely prefer them over Iguana at this point.

I haven't be able to find actual reasoning for this vote beyond "want to exe the most out of available options," but relevant nonetheless. This is exactly how I feel right now. @Coral Swan, did I miss it in an earlier post?

I'm going to post this now so people have more time to react and respond, though I am not yet finished. Time is ticking and it's already past my self-prescribed bedtime, but I won't be able to sleep unless I'm happy with my vote anyway. In order to do that, I'm going to need to see if I'm independently suspicious of Onyx, so expect a quick-and-dirty ISO soon.

Edited by Charcoal Hyena

@Oxblood Beagle 

I didn't place a vote because I didn't think it was necessary. I strongly felt that we should be exploring other paths, so I didn't want to build the wagon on Kat more than it needed. 

I will say that even though it isn't AI, your take on me is perfectly valid- the condemnation without a vote and whatnot. I don't follow the reasoning based on the seeker people and you seem to have, I assumed it was clear I was playing off of Kat and even clearer if you read the summary of mine and Kat's PM. 

@Charcoal Hyena

I haven't read the whole thing yet but skimmed and I don't recall Kat saying I was in village meta? In his readslist he states that he...has no read on me?

12 minutes ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

I haven't be able to find actual reasoning for this vote beyond "want to exe the most out of available options," but relevant nonetheless. This is exactly how I feel right now. @Coral Swan, did I miss it in an earlier post?

Yes, the one right after where I initially voted Gorilla that turn. There’s some stuff from D1 too.

Praise the Ja!

8 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

I didn't place a vote because I didn't think it was necessary. I strongly felt that we should be exploring other paths, so I didn't want to build the wagon on Kat more than it needed. 

I will say that even though it isn't AI, your take on me is perfectly valid- the condemnation without a vote and whatnot. I don't follow the reasoning based on the seeker people and you seem to have, I assumed it was clear I was playing off of Kat and even clearer if you read the summary of mine and Kat's PM. 

That does make sense, though the reasoning wasn't clear (nor were the efforts put forward to explore other paths). And I didn't read the PM summary, so I'll go look at that. Overall, I think it's that you've been just chaotic enough that I wasn't sure how to read the Seeker stuff, which led me to reading it as elimy.

Emerald Falcon. An elim is more likely to have given more reasoning but Falcon doesn't apparently care what other's think of them Seeker wise. I would like to resolve Turquoise at some point, even if them being village would make the first three days too much of a dead end. Let's try Onyx Flamingo. If Mauve/Saffron/Turquoise is v/v/v, this is a good place to start.

I was waiting for someone to post so that I could post my reads list. I have been working a long time on trying to figure out how I feel about certain players, and I think I have finally reached a point where I am confident in my reads on each player to make a decision on them. For now, at least. There are still a few neutral players, however. I am not going to leave anyone at a true neutral at this point, as I do think I can give neutral+ or neutral- reads to players at this point.

Here is a color code for the player names if you do not want to take the time to read through the individual analysis for each player:

Village+
Village-

Neutral+
Neutral-
Spiked-
Spiked+

1. Amber Vulture: The only reason I am not giving Vulture a full village read is that I do think it would be within this player's capabilities to fake the amount of effort he has put in so far, even as a Spiked. Assuming I am right about the player I believe him to be, it does feel more likely to me that he is village. His analysis feels genuine, and even if I disagree with some of it (of the parts of his long posts I have actually read through), I can see where he is coming from. In addition, our brief PM conversation at one point felt very genuine to me. This is definitely a player to revisit if things go South for us and we have still not found any Spiked, however.
  2. Amethyst Scorpion: I am fairly certain I have a good ID guess for this player. Either that, or they are doing a good job of making it difficult for players to glean gut information from them. I do think that, if they are a certain player, the timing of their votes and how they post them is something to be worried about. I do not think they have done anything explicitly suspicious so far though, so I do not think I can rank them any lower. But I do have them on my radar, for many reasons. 
  3. Azure Mouse: This player has posted a somewhat decent amount, yet has left no impression on me so far. That is a dangerous place to be, so that is why I have given them the Neutral- ranking. This will become an Spiked- ranking if this keeps up. As this is an easy way for a Spiked player to avoid suspicion.
  4. Charcoal Hyena: I have appreciated their reads, and I agree (as much as I can) with Meerkat that those PMs look relatively good for them. I think they are trying to solve the game. At the same time, they have not done much to stand out in either way amongst the crowd. At least to me. So they will stay in the Neutral+ rank for now. Their most recent post cements my view of them They seem like they are genuinely trying to solve the game. I am eager to see where they place their vote.
  5. Chartreuse Penguin: I would find it very difficult to believe that this player is not village. Our interactions in PMs have felt like they are genuinely trying to solve the game, as have their posts in the thread. Maybe it is simply the voice they use in their posts, but I cannot imagine a Spiked acting the way they do or talking the way they do. It feels too casual, too at ease with everything that is happening in the game. Though, maybe that is because we are so off base that they can afford to be casual? I would sure hope not, and I think that is a ridiculous idea. So they are staying in my Village+ category. Also, their insistence on trying to puzzle out the reasoning for the Octopus kill (on the Spiked end) is another village point in my book.
  6. Coral Swan: I have gone back and forth on Swan. I mistrusted them for awhile at the start of this game. And then I had some interesting conversations with them that made me look more positively on them. And now I am once again back to being confused by them and not necessarily agreeing with what they are saying. I think, as of right now, it is a bit more likely that they are village than Spiked. I will be looking back at them again if we do not find more Spiked soon. As I think that where Swan has been sitting in the votes and the way they are leading the conversation is a decent place to be as a Spiked. At the same time, Meerkat is right that their reaction to the whole Spiked Meerkat fiasco would have been hard to fake as a Spiked. We will see.
  7. Emerald Falcon: Something about the way they have been posting all game has made me really distrust them. The strange interactions with players they thought they had PM'd. The claims of knowing a Coinshot. The weird requests for information. It all just seems too fishy to me. They are probably my highest suspect, as of right now. And their latest posts just seem too...flippant. I do not know the best word to describe how it feels to me, beyond that.
  8. Fuchsia Ostrich: The only thing keeping me from placing Ostrich in the Neutral+ category is that the way they went about being paranoid about Meerkat feels very off to me. Besides that, I cannot remember anything significant that they have done. Even after skimming and rereading parts of the threads.
  9. Ivory Dragonfly: I have decided to leave one neutral read here because this player has been replaced and hasn't really had a chance to do much. 
  10. Magenta Albatross: Albatross has felt off to me ever since their survival. And then, when I went back through and did a reread of the thread (until I grew too tired to continue, but I had seen enough), their very first post just gave me the most Spiked impressions I have gotten from a single post in this game. I still am hung up on how much it seems like they were appearing to try to look like a new player. Maybe I am simply seeing shadows where there are none, but I do think their survival and overall behavior is suspicious. 
  11. Melon Dingo: Dingo has posted a fair amount, though I could not tell you much of what they have said. They do seem to be trying to contribute to the game, but at the same time not saying much. Which is a good place to hide for a more quiet Spiked player. I would want to look here more closely after we have gone through my Spiked- and Spiked+ reads.
  12. Mint Heron: This is solely because of their vote on Meerkat after everyone else had decided that Meerkat was clearly a villager. Unless this was a very bold choice by a Spiked to try and make them look incompetent or at least confused, I think this is a villager who was a little overzealous in trying to take every possibility into account. The fact that I think it would be possible for a Spiked to consider doing this is the only reason I have not put them into my Village+ category.
  13. Onyx Flamingo: I know many players have suspected Flamingo for their involvement in certain exes and the fact that they were an exe candidate who did not end up getting exed. However, my PM interactions with them and the overall tone of their posts makes me believe that they are a confused villager, struggling to figure out who to trust and who to suspect. I can definitely relate to their struggles to keep track of who is who. This post alone has been quite the undertaking. Obviously, certain players could try and pull off faking this confusion and be successful, so I am not giving them a Village+ ranking. But I find the likelihood of this being faked quite low.
  14. Oxblood Beagle: I think this player is genuinely trying to solve the game. Their reads list, while a bit minimalist, are definitely helpful at seeing what they are seeing in other players. Could their voting be a little more robust? Yes, perhaps. But overall, I am leaning village on this player for their level of effort. To me, they seem like they are genuine, even if I may not agree with all of their reads.
  15. Plum Rhinoceros: I am giving this player, who has not posted much or said much of substance, the benefit of the doubt for real life reasons. I am hopeful that @Plum Rhinoceros has had the time to get acquainted with the thread and the current arguments for each player's exe enough to make a decision on who to vote for.
  16. Quartz Zebra: This player has been keeping up with the thread. That much is obvious. Yet they have said very little, if anything at all really. They have hopped onto an easy train to hop onto just now, and they did not even give a real reason for doing so. It seems like such an obvious place to hide as a Spiked. The fact it seems so obvious is the only thing keeping me from putting them in my Spiked+ category. I could see a Spiked doing this on purpose or being afraid of doing this. We will see what happens with this player.
  17. Salmon Meerkat: Either this player is pulling one of the greatest Spiked gambits in history somehow, or he really is simply a villager. I think it is far more likely that he is a villager, as many of us have discussed so far. The effort he is putting into trying to solve the game, the way that most of the evidence lines up way too neatly for him to be attempting to fake it, it all just seems pretty good to me. Plus the fact that we have not had any refutations from players he has claimed to be PMing with about his plan, before he revealed it in thread.
  18. Sapphire Elephant: I think it is likely that we have multiple Spiked in the category of players that are simply hiding or not posting much. And all Elephant has done is make one post about how they were around, conveniently shortly before they might have been killed to the filter, and then they have not shown up since. At the same time, I am not going to condemn a player for their lack of doing things. So I will focus on players who have done things for my Spiked reads for now. Such as Albatross or Falcon.
  19. Turquoise Gorilla: I have honestly had a hard time coming up with opinions for this player. They have simultaneously posted a decent amount while also not gaining traction in my head. Which does make me look a bit more negatively on them. But I do not think we should condemn a player for being a train candidate, which seems like one of the biggest reasons for voting Gorilla to me.
  20. Violet Axolotl: I remember very little of what this player has said, but I do remember liking how sincere they felt when we were having that D1 discussion over differences of opinion on how to use votes. It did not feel like a Spiked trying to go after me for a difference of opinion, but a villager who was genuinely confused by how I viewed votes. And that view goes both ways, which is why I am unwilling to place them any higher. And I think I can understand their suspicion on myself, even if I clearly disagree. 

Finishing this, I think I have too few players in my Spiked categories, but that is okay. I will take closer looks at the players in the Neutral and Village categories after the results of this exe and the kills in N3. If I am still alive by then. I am still fine with my vote on Falcon, for now. 

In addition, here is the current vote count:

Turquoise Gorilla (5): Coral Swan, Onyx Flamingo, Salmon Meerkat, Fuchsia Ostrich, Quartz Zebra,
Emerald Falcon (3): Pearl Chameleon, Plum Rhinoceros, Oxblood Beagle
Oxblood Beagle (2): Chartreuse Penguin, Emerald Falcon, 
Fuchsia Ostrich (1): Mint Heron,
Pearl Chameleon (1): Violet Axolotl,
Onyx Flamingo (1): Amethyst Scorpion, 

This post took me far longer than I thought it would.

Hi, I'm here.

I can't really do much to dispute the suspicion on me, because it's based in good opinion. I voted on two villagers. That sucks and I wish I hadn't, but I was genuinely suspicious of them at the time. Wrt me not responding to some accusations, I can point to irl reasons that I mentioned D1, but that would be redundant lol. So if y'all want to lynch me, I can't really stop you. Unfortunately how this game works, I'm the only one who knows I'm village.

26 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

I would like to resolve Turquoise at some point, even if them being village would make the first three days too much of a dead end. Let's try Onyx Flamingo. If Mauve/Saffron/Turquoise is v/v/v, this is a good place to start.

Would this not warrant a vote on Gorilla? If you want to know whether or not it was v/v/v, that is. That's part of the reason I have my vote on Gorilla, plus some weird vibes from their posts (lack of really solid reasoning, not much engagement, etc).

1 hour ago, Emerald Falcon said:

I haven't read the whole thing yet but skimmed and I don't recall Kat saying I was in village meta? In his readslist he states that he...has no read on me?

I might be conflating that with an old PM conversation or a different account entirely. Will have to verify later, but my independent read of you stands.

Onyx Flamingo

1. First Post: Votes Violet Axlotl for asking Coral to join their vote on Gorilla (too eager). Rexamine if flips red.
  2. Second Post: Removes Violet vote after Mint joins ("not been lucrative"); votes Mauve Crocodile for being "defensive." As Mint pointed out D2, the pivot is strange.
  3. Third Post: OOG and NAI (Note: 1 hour before rollover, present for EoD yet did not respond to Mauve's defense). See: Fuschia's D2 vote for this exact reason.
  4. Fourth Post: Speculates complex elim vote manipulation ploy to make Saff look bad (distraction?), gut reads Gorilla as Village but can't say why (village cred?).
  5. Fifth Post: Responds to Mint/Fuschia votes. Got sick IRL and thus was mentally checked out (hope you're feeling better m8). Couldn't figure out where Gorilla suspicion was coming from and gut didn't agree. Their gut did say Mauve was their best D1 guess, however. Suspects Falcon (who I trust), questions Albatross for surviving a kill (thinks posts are good and has weird read on them for outing role, but does not encourage exe). Hard agrees with me on Iguana suspicion (we all know how right I was >>)
  6. Sixth Post: Votes Iguana for being their top sus, asks Coral for explanation on Gorilla suspicion.
  7. Seventh Post: Says they suspect Iguana for D1 tone, vote manipulation, and "I echo a lot of what Hyena said earlier." (Elim who knows I'm completely off base and riding the momentum of my push?)
  8. Eighth Post: Doesn't agree with Gorrila being evil (except Gorilla ninja's them and causes a "lowering on my reads"). Despite that, still doesn't think the reasons for voting Gorilla are strong enough. Confronts Coral about reads list from early in the day conflicting with more recent posts. (Lots of Coral interaction specifically? Why them and no one else?)
  9. Ninth Post: Asks for VC 10 minutes before rollover (when it's (5)Saff, (3)Octo, (3) Onyx.
  10. Tenth Post: Continues to disagree with Coral about Gorilla vote reasoning (clearly fixated on these players).
  11. Eleventh Post: "WHAT'S GOING ON ASKDJFHS" - probably a response to Magenta's quick vote/unvote on Octo and Emerald's last minute vote on Iguana. Performative?
  12. Twelfth Post: "That's upsetting and very unexpected. I genuinely thought we had an elim." - "Okay, that greatly raises my suspicions on Gorilla now, thanks to vote manip from D1." As soon as Saff dies, pivots onto the other counter wagon they previously defended. Elim setting up back to back misexes?
  13. Thirteenth Post: Votes Salmon 1 hour into D3. Suggests Thug killed by inactivity suggests Albatross could be an e!Thug. I've been leaning village on Albatross for a while so again, feels like a seed being sown for a misexe.
  14. Fourteenth Post: Suggests Seeker to scan Alb, then invites a scan on them (Elim playing it cool and bluffing?). Edits to immediately point out that offensive smoking could be used, so tells Seeker to do whatever they want. (Trying to seem helpful?)
  15. Fifteenth Post: Misread something Fuschia said. "It's 1:30 am I should go to bed."
  16. Sixteenth Post: 50 minutes later, still not in bed. Defends himself when Salmon points how their potentially opportunistic suggestion of e!Albatross. Removes Salmon vote and says nothing about the fake out. Why doesn't Onyx have a stronger reaction? Did they see this reveal coming?
  17. Seventeenth Post: Votes on Gorilla after Gorilla voted for Albatross. "Bad feeling, alb is an easy target; I'm gonna have to join Swan."

Conclusion: Onyx Flamingo.

• (5) Turquoise Gorilla: Coral Swan, Onyx Flamingo, Salmon Meerkat, Quartz Zebra, Fuschia Ostrich
  • (3) Emerald Falcon: Pearl Chameleon, Plum Rhino, Oxblood Beagle
  • (2) Onyx Flamingo: Amethyst Scorpion, Charcoal Hyena

And as I'm literally about to post this, Onyx ninjas me.

26 minutes ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

Hi, I'm here.

I can't really do much to dispute the suspicion on me, because it's based in good opinion. I voted on two villagers. That sucks and I wish I hadn't, but I was genuinely suspicious of them at the time. Wrt me not responding to some accusations, I can point to irl reasons that I mentioned D1, but that would be redundant lol. So if y'all want to lynch me, I can't really stop you. Unfortunately how this game works, I'm the only one who knows I'm village.

Would this not warrant a vote on Gorilla? If you want to know whether or not it was v/v/v, that is. That's part of the reason I have my vote on Gorilla, plus some weird vibes from their posts (lack of really solid reasoning, not much engagement, etc).

WHY NOW. THE FIRST HALF OF THIS POST IS THE MOST VILLAGERY THING I'VE SEEN FROM YOU AND YOU POST IT NOW? Granted it's not impossible to fake, but I'm already in a constant state of self-doubt. I was nearly ready to be happy with this and just go to bed

As for the second half, it almost makes me want to double down on you. Before Saffron was exed and revealed Village, you were the only person other than me to read Gorilla as V, if only because of gut. Then, immediately after, you use the vote soothed as reasoning to go back on your read of them. I don't like it. That's exactly what I would expect an elim to do at the moment in time (push a third village exe in a row).

Turquoise exe is a mistake, Emerald exe is a mistake. If Onyx is Village, that means there hasn't been a single elim on the chopping block this entire game?

No. I refuse to believe it. I'm putting my foot down and sticking to my convictions.

Edited by Charcoal Hyena

1 minute ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

WHY NOW. THE FIRST HALF OF THIS POST IS THE MOST VILLAGERY THING I'VE SEEN FROM YOU AND YOU POST IT NOW? Granted it's not impossible to fake, but I'm already in a constant state of self-doubt. I was nearly ready to be happy with this and just go to bed

'tis my job to make people second guess themselves in thread.

If Gorilla flips village, then yeah we will have had only villagers up for the chopping block, so that's why I'm voting for them bc I don't buy it either.

Alright, I'm gonna be as honest as humanly possible here.

24 minutes ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

Seventh Post: Says they suspect Iguana for D1 tone, vote manipulation, and "I echo a lot of what Hyena said earlier." (Elim who knows I'm completely off base and riding the momentum of my push?)

I did agree with you really hard because you present good reasoning for all of your ideas, as is evidenced by this post lol.

Confronts Coral about reads list from early in the day conflicting with more recent posts. (Lots of Coral interaction specifically? Why them and no one else?)

Because they were responding to me and it was something I was suspicious of. I have some PMs open, if that counts for someone else.

Ninth Post: Asks for VC 10 minutes before rollover (when it's (5)Saff, (3)Octo, (3) Onyx.

Because I was nervous.

Tenth Post: Continues to disagree with Coral about Gorilla vote reasoning (clearly fixated on these players).

Yes because I didn't agree with the Gorilla suspicion up until now, and because Coral was responding to me and thus we were having a discussion. This warrant fixation on these players. The reason I currently suspect Gorilla is because of a lowering of gut read, lack of interaction with the thread, opportunistic vote of Alb with immediate retraction, the vote manip surrounding them, and the fact that the other two we've lost have been v/v. 

Performative?

Meant to be a funny end to the round, not to gain cred. The keysmash is how I type.

As soon as Saff dies, pivots onto the other counter wagon they previously defended. Elim setting up back to back misexes?

Yeah because if Saff died and was village, the obvious option is to turn around and look at the other person who had a vote manip on them that has previous suspicions from a player that has been engaged with the thread and has presented some decent reasoning.

Suggests Thug killed by inactivity suggests Albatross could be an e!Thug. I've been leaning village on Albatross for a while so again, feels like a seed being sown for a misexe.

My sus of Alb is based on meta. I played a game where I was an e!thug surviving only on being a Thug. No one would exe me because the likelihood of me being an elim thug was low, according to them. We won the game based entirely on me being an elim thug and tricking the thread. Is it the soundest reasoning? No. And meerkat mentioned in pm that exeing based on meta roles is not the greatest idea. I trust him, and have since backed off on alb.

uggests Seeker to scan Alb, then invites a scan on them (Elim playing it cool and bluffing?). Edits to immediately point out that offensive smoking could be used, so tells Seeker to do whatever they want. (Trying to seem helpful?)

I was trying to be helpful yeah. That's my job as village XD

Misread something Fuschia said. "It's 1:30 am I should go to bed."

This is true, but also Fuschia did use the word "scan" and therefore it's not illogical for me to believe they meant seeker scan. They were using the word "scan" to reference a previous post about smoking, and I mixed up what they meant. This was legit at 1:30am. I'm in CST.

Sixteenth Post: 50 minutes later, still not in bed. Defends himself when Salmon points how their potentially opportunistic suggestion of e!Albatross. Removes Salmon vote and says nothing about the fake out. Why doesn't Onyx have a stronger reaction? Did they see this reveal coming?

This is so funny to me because it's so right I literally wasn't asleep 50 minutes later. For the record, this is very in character for me. I was waiting for nyquil to knock me out, i think. Also *herself.

Votes on Gorilla after Gorilla voted for Albatross. "Bad feeling, alb iss an easy target; I'm gonna have to join Swan."

Yep, bad feeling, and the best bet we have as an exe today in my opinion. Alb is an easy target, and one I'm suspicious of based on meta, but I thought that Gorilla's reasoning was not good and their vote on them was more aiming for an easy target, not giving sound reasoning.

Edited by Onyx Flamingo
formatting is hard

17 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Yes. See the notification on the thread for when it will lock :P

Oh that's new. Neat. TY :D 

26 minutes ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

'tis my job to make people second guess themselves in thread.

If Gorilla flips village, then yeah we will have had only villagers up for the chopping block, so that's why I'm voting for them bc I don't buy it either.

I just know if I can reconcile your quick flip on Gorilla when you gut read them as Village for the same reasons I believe they're village. That and the fact you voted Gorilla today for voting Albatross, as seen here:

Mmmm bad feeling about this. Everyone immediately posted a vote on Meerkat without much reasoning, not just Alb. Alb an easy target? I'm gonna have to join Swan on you.

Gorilla.

When your first and second posts today said this:

Edit: The loss of a village thug makes me think alb is an elim thug. Its midnight and that's the best I can manage for helpful analysis atm.

Digging the question mark by my name lol. Anyway, of these I say scan Alb, because the loss of a v!thug is concerning.

At the time of your vote on Gorilla, you only state it's because they're voting Alb (someone you deem an easy target) when earlier today you threw shade on Alb?

Bah. Another ninja, and I've consulted with Salmon, who says you're in V meta based on their ID read. Onyx Flamingo.

I still hate today's exe targets. I still prefer the Turquoise exe over Emerald for sheer content alone, but that's still going to be a green flip and get us nowhere.

Quartz Zebra.

Frequent snippets of RP with minimal thread interaction. Enough said.

edit:

I'm going to bed.

• (3) Emerald Falcon: Pearl Chameleon, Plum Rhino, Oxblood Beagle
  • (1) Onyx Flamingo: Amethyst Scorpion,
  • (1) Zebra Quartz: Charcoal Hyena
Edited by Charcoal Hyena