7 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

the only way you’d know somehting was wrong is if you’re an elim 

Or the exact reasons I put in my very first post this turn? The timeline of a Seeker telling a Tineye was all wrong. If they weren't going to wait to reveal that to a trusted scan target, why hadn't they just revealed it before we misexed Iguana? It gave me a bad vibe, and I am always suspicious of things of which I don't know the source. But I couldn't ignore Meerkat's reaction.

Edited by Oxblood Beagle
autocorrect.... smh

That logic does check out but. I’m just not comfortable with how you were hesitant to vote meerkat even after their like, 4th post this turn. 4 posts in which meerkat did nothing to refute the tineye message. I feel like the lack of a rebuttal from meerkat should hold more weight than poor game play by a seeker.
I’m also suspicious of the players that simply quietly viewed the thread like others have mentioned, like Amber Vulture, Quartz Zebra, Turquoise Gorilla, and prolly others too 

Well, that is not at all how I was expecting this day to go. I was a little confused how this had happened, though Swan can attest to the fact that it was mostly due to confusion over how they had gotten Salmon Meerkat to freak out.

I am going to go read through the entire thread again to make sense of my thoughts once more. Wish me luck, friends.

1 hour ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

Perfunctory 'kill the Thug' from Flamingo and mention of Seeking seems incredibly naive in a game with no sign of an existing Seeker so far. Possibly opportunistic.

To be fair, this was the point where I believed the Seeker scan on you was legit, and therefore believed the evidence of an existing seeker. It was also past midnight.

Meerkat.

I don't have any thoughts really right now. That is all.

Ok, going in and analyzing the images I was unable to find any pixels with the values mentioned for the first image but since Salmon Meerkat said they had opacity at 50% it makes sense it would all be slightly off, several of the pixels were close to the specified Hexcode but not quite right, it still makes sense for them to have made that one too though. The second image was spot on, with both the dot and the 'k' in Meerkat being the specified Hexcode so I think it's guaranteed they made the second one and that's the one that mattered.

Interesting ruse, hopefully we got enough info out of this to exe some elims.

Just logged on for the first time this cycle, and I have… serious problems with this Meerkat train. It reeks of an elim trick. Why are you trusting a random tineye? This makes no sense. Albatross, why did you unquestioningly place a vote on Meerkat at the beginning of the cycle before any other evidence had presented itself? I see that you just rescinded your vote, but that seems rather strange to me.

2 minutes ago, Turquoise Gorilla said:

Just logged on for the first time this cycle, and I have… serious problems with this Meerkat train. It reeks of an elim trick. Why are you trusting a random tineye? This makes no sense. Albatross, why did you unquestioningly place a vote on Meerkat at the beginning of the cycle before any other evidence had presented itself? I see that you just rescinded your vote, but that seems rather strange to me.

You might want to do a more detailed read of the thread, my good fellow.

4 minutes ago, Turquoise Gorilla said:

Mmmm bad feeling about this. Everyone immediately posted a vote on Meerkat without much reasoning, not just Alb. Alb an easy target? I'm gonna have to join Swan on you.

Gorilla.

17 hours ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

..........oh damn i had a bad feeling about this

ggwp swan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

22 minutes ago, Turquoise Gorilla said:

Because that's how Meerkat responded to it.

1 hour ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

Or the exact reasons I put in my very first post this turn? The timeline of a Seeker telling a Tineye was all wrong. If they weren't going to wait to reveal that to a trusted scan target, why hadn't they just revealed it before we misexed Iguana? It gave me a bad vibe, and I am always suspicious of things of which I don't know the source. But I couldn't ignore Meerkat's reaction.

That along with the age old mistake of using "Regular" Instead of "Vanilla"

But anyways, irrelevant.

Spoiler

Mauve Crocodile (4): Emerald Falcon, Fuchsia Ostrich, Onyx Flamingo, Saffron Iguana
Saffron Iguana (3): Magenta Albatross, Mauve Crocodile, Pearl Chameleon, Turquoise Gorilla
Turquoise Gorilla (3): Amethyst Scorpion, Coral Swan, Scarlet Octopus, Violet Axolotl
Charcoal Hyena (2): Chartreuse Penguin, Salmon Meerkat
Amethyst Scorpion (1): Charcoal Hyena*
Coral Swan (1): Oxblood Beagle
Violet Axolotl (1): Mint Heron

A quick look at D1 votes - I had a whole lot of motivation for this earlier in the day when I was on my phone... 

Bolded are people who are confirmed. Not bolded are my strongest reads, and blue are the people who I think are probably village. Italicized then are the most suspect based on process of Elimination, I suppose.

Most of my positive read on Coral comes from our PM, where I bounced a readslist back and forth with them. I didn't play it right honestly, but nonetheless they still seemed to be hesitant about clearing people for certain things, and only did so once I did. That's what gives me most pause about them. At this point, I think I'm going to say that Meerkat and Coral are most likely the same alignment here, regardless of what that is.

We flipped Mauve D1 and then Saffron the next, and I genuinely think we shouldn't be flipping Gorilla today.

Saffron Iguana (5): Azure Mouse, Charcoal Hyena, Emerald Falcon, Onyx Flamingo, Pearl Chameleon, Salmon Meerkat
Scarlet Octopus (4): Chartreuse Penguin, Coral Swan, Oxblood Beagle, Saffron Iguana
Onyx Flamingo (2): Fuchsia Ostrich, Mint Heron
Amethyst Scorpion (1): Turquoise Gorilla
Magenta Albatross (1): Amber Vulture
Pearl Chameleon (1): Violet Axolotl
Turquoise Gorilla (1): Amethyst Scorpion

I do think Gorilla's vote here wasn't very good. Immediately more suspicious of everyone who is off the two main wagons.

The Elims killing Scarlet though is just. Confusing to me. Supposedly weird kills like that make sense only in the situation where the Elims are losing, and kills don't really matter because they're going to die anyways. My other theory is that all the Tineyes are village. They're all village and the Elims figured out that Scarlet was one of them, and need to limit communication. If which that is the case, that would help narrow down possibilities for Elims potentially based on their views on PMing vs. Thread.

If anyone has any questions on any of my reads or actions throughout the past days I'm more than happy to comply, though I believe i have been transparent in my thoughts throughout.

Oxblood Beagle

4 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

The Elims killing Scarlet though is just. Confusing to me. Supposedly weird kills like that make sense only in the situation where the Elims are losing, and kills don't really matter because they're going to die anyways. My other theory is that all the Tineyes are village. They're all village and the Elims figured out that Scarlet was one of them, and need to limit communication. If which that is the case, that would help narrow down possibilities for Elims potentially based on their views on PMing vs. Thread.

I think a “suboptimal” elim kill could be a gambit trying to make the village question their assumptions. If the elim team has a fairly risk-tolerant member (which I would suspect if Pearl flips elim), then I can see that sort of a play. But it probably boils down to something about roles, like you say.

I think I am going to place a vote on Emerald Falcon. My growing suspicion of their claim to be in touch with a Seeker, the weirdness about them claiming to have PM'd people then backtracking, their insistence on things being weird with all of this Meerkat mess. All of it just does not seem like the actions of a villager to me. I can understand the suspicion on Gorilla a bit, though I am still struggling to get a grip on how I feel about them. I do not understand the suspicion of Beagle. It seems, to me, to be a reaction to them being cautious of the Tineye message, correct? Personally, I do not think their reaction was unwarranted, especially since it turns out that Meerkat was simply playing us all along. I believe that we all got up in the confusion of what was happening, that no one thought to question where this intel from a Tineye was coming from. For all we knew, it could have come from an elim Tineye trying to frame someone. I would be fine with exing any of Emerald Falcon, Magenta Albatross (who I have had a growing suspicion of for awhile as well), or Turquoise Gorilla. My preference for exing those players today is in that order. And that is simply of the players that seem likely to be exed today. 

Here is the current vote count:

Salmon Meerkat (4): Magenta Albatross, Fuchsia Ostrich, Melon Dingo, Ivory Dragonfly,
Emerald Falcon (3): Salmon Meerkat, Amethyst Scorpion, Pearl Chameleon
Turquoise Gorilla (2): Coral Swan, Onyx Flamingo, 
Oxblood Beagle (2): Chartreuse Penguin, Emerald Falcon, 

2 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

My growing suspicion of their claim to be in touch with a Seeker,

Note that’s Coinshot they claimed, not Seeker. Either way my view of that claim is that it’s NAI.

3 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

the weirdness about them claiming to have PM'd people then backtracking

This is something I still would like an explanation on but I also don’t think there necessarily is one. It’s the kind of thing that’s weird, but do you really think an elim would make that mistake?

5 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

their insistence on things being weird with all of this Meerkat mess

In all fairness

Things were weird with the Meerkat mess. Again, this something that I can see what you’re referring to but don’t think an elim would draw that attention to themselves. You walk this back yourself, so idk why you bothered to include this as a reason 

Praise the Ja!

1 hour ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

Salmon Meerkat (4): Magenta Albatross, Fuchsia Ostrich, Melon Dingo, Ivory Dragonfly,
Emerald Falcon (3): Salmon Meerkat, Amethyst Scorpion, Pearl Chameleon
Turquoise Gorilla (2): Coral Swan, Onyx Flamingo, 
Oxblood Beagle (2): Chartreuse Penguin, Emerald Falcon, 

I retracted my Meerkat vote.

Scimon Tlag was very confused. The village of Tyrian Falls had thought they'd found one of the sabatours, the ones who used Spikes. But now it was claimed to be a plot. Once again, the world was coming apart in the chaos. 

Which meant it was time to start selling some of the weirder items.

"Anyone care for any refreshment? Check out Dyring's Inn for more traditional wares, but I have a few more exotic items!"

Tlag had quickly set up what amounted to a food cart, although the portability was a bit obvious. Across the top were a variety of jugs with various teas, a set of thin clay cups, and a tray of sugar cubes. Along the side was also a large tray with various fruits; some citrus, some slightly withered apples, but the centerpiece was a magnificent display of melons. Melons were rare in the Empire, as their insides were one of the few sources of color in the ashen plants. Together they made a display of vibrant reds, greens, oranges, and blues.

"Watermelon! If you're hungry and thirsty at the same time, it's the food for you. Try not need to eat the seeds! Honeydew! You'll love its sweet nectar. Berrydew! It's honey, but blue! Don't ask where I got them. Long story."

Now, to wait.

A summary would be helpful because both this game and my life suddenly got a lot more complicated.

4 hours ago, Turquoise Gorilla said:

Apologies. I thought your message had come before Meerkat’s. Must have just been my phone being weird. Albatross @Coral Swan @Onyx Flamingo

I saw it.

1 hour ago, Melon Dingo said:

A summary would be helpful because both this game and my life suddenly got a lot more complicated.

• Meerkat = Village Tineye
    • This has been proven (well, the Tineye part) due to codes Meerkat included in the messages that correspond to his RP.
  • Meerkat faked the claim to draw reactions and assess, since we weren't getting anywhere with the standard analysis- I believe the way he phrased it was akin to 'hitting the game with a very big stick and see what happens'
  • This makes much more sense than Meerkat being evil because
    • Meerkat isn't the kind of player that would derp and slip that easily
    • A redcheck coming through a Tineye is abnormal anyway
    • Furthermore, a Seeker only would have had time to scan one player at that point, so they only could have scanned the Tineye OR Meerkat in this situation, not both.

Praise the Ja!

13 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

This makes much more sense than Meerkat being evil because

- The tineye message says "regular spiked" and not "vanilla spiked" despite the village flips saying "vanilla"

EDIT:

Coral, what's your read on me rn?

Edited by Emerald Falcon

Evrything gets thrown off just as I get my bearings. Oh well. I think I want to trust Meercat because he seemed cool in my reading of it all  and that recen tpost etc so Ill do some thinkinh about the alternateives

The other people being voted on are Falcon Gorilla and Beagle

Falcon

first significant post seems designed to make everyone look bad if that makes sense? Even the village reads are conditional

Then a PM thing? With an unexplained vote?

Lists good kills which make sense mostly

Doesn't like quiet which good point

Doesnt like DMs which is valid but also casts dobuot on all DM opinions

Voted Swan for no listed reason then said top trust so...

doubts Meerkat wolf befroe reveal

Coud just be different style but I dont' really know about him

Gorilla

Vote on swan without mentioning suspicion earlier or why sspicion but also lampshaded

Kind of weird reasoning on Albatros but also lampshaded?

Also kind of weir d but feels less than Falcon probably becaus talked less so less to think about

Beagle

Thinks Swans vote weird

Made good points about Albatros extra life

Sus of people but sticking to it which seems good

Prempts doubt on reveal

I don't have much thought about this honestly

I think Falcon is the most wierd of the three honestly. Im not very confident though

1 hour ago, Coral Swan said:
  • Meerkat = Village Tineye
    • This has been proven (well, the Tineye part) due to codes Meerkat included in the messages that correspond to his RP.
  • Meerkat faked the claim to draw reactions and assess, since we weren't getting anywhere with the standard analysis- I believe the way he phrased it was akin to 'hitting the game with a very big stick and see what happens'
  • This makes much more sense than Meerkat being evil because
    • Meerkat isn't the kind of player that would derp and slip that easily
    • A redcheck coming through a Tineye is abnormal anyway
    • Furthermore, a Seeker only would have had time to scan one player at that point, so they only could have scanned the Tineye OR Meerkat in this situation, not both.

Praise the Ja!

The Tineye Proof part is breaking my brain a bit, but the rest makes sense. Well, not that much sense, but enough sense. Meerkat.

Melons, anyone?