Vin(Diesel)

5 hours ago, Bliev said:

I think Cultivation keeps the Nightwatcher away in order to specifically prevent a bonding, seeing if granting her short interactions with humans can provide a similar growth process to the one usually provided during bonding. I always thought that seeing her daughter bond and then be thrown back into insensibility upon the death of her Radiant was too painful for her (the Goddess of growth watching such a regression of growth in her only daughter must have been awful for her to witness). Although I wanted Rlain to bond her, for this reason, I really don't expect anyone to. I like the idea of not having one bonded, and what I don't want is for there to need to be three bondsmiths to change the world like the power rangers or calling Captain Planet. ;-) 

With that SAID, if there was a third bondsmith, Rock seems like a good choice to me. 

Firstly, the Sibling is also Cultivation's child, I think. 

Second, Wyndle states that "Cultivation created her to be apart, separated from humankind, un-Connected." I think the Nightwatcher's solitude is more to help her grow on her own, but you make a good point on her regressing.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, apepi said:

To me, when we saw the Nightwatcher, It seemed like she was trying to train the Nightwatcher. Maybe the Nightwatcher won't take up a bond?

I could see it perhaps being Cord.

This may cause problems; Cord is one of the few that Rysn can confide in, and thus her being a Bondsmith may lead the Dawnshard to be revealed. However, from a meta perspective, that's interesting to write about.