Long Game 79/Anonymous Game 10: The Rhythm of Freedom

Steeldancer

Okay, here's what my instinct is telling me. Amber Vulture is probably evil. There's a simple basis for this. Vulture is claiming to be in Scholarform. In addition, Evil gems have apparently been appearing. Therefore, someone in Scholarform is most likely evil. Furthermore, I don't expect all the elims to be low activity, which most of our candidates seem to be. I would expect one fairly active player to be evil, especially considering our rate of success. Out of the most vocal players, only Vulture has no real alibi. Dragonfly and Rhino were both attacked, and Lion got ridiculously mad on Day 2 (If Lion is evil, I'm going to be extremely disappointed). Vulture has nothing going for him.

Well, 5 votes on me is better than the 7 there were at one point.

I think I'm going to have to begrudgingly agree with Falcon. I've already suspected Vulture a bunch throughout this game, and apparently there's more voidgems floating around now?? That just doesn't read well to me at all, especially with that second scholarform claim never popping up. So I'm going to move my vote from Scorpion to Vulture. Probably won't do anything to help me, but it's worth a shot.

Heron (5): Lion, Mouse, Vulture, Scorpion, Beagle
Vulture (2): Falcon, Heron
Weasel (2): Flamingo
Flamingo (1): Tuatara

Scorpion (1): Heron
Mouse (1): Rhino

44 minutes ago, Mint Heron said:

I think I'm going to have to begrudgingly agree with Falcon. I've already suspected Vulture a bunch throughout this game, and apparently there's more voidgems floating around now?? That just doesn't read well to me at all, especially with that second scholarform claim never popping up. So I'm going to move my vote from Scorpion to Vulture. Probably won't do anything to help me, but it's worth a shot.

There wasn't any reason for Vulture to claim Scholarform, especially elim!Vulture, so while I do think an elim Scholarform is still possible I think it's the unclaimed one.

Heron

Crack theory is that it's you :P 

1 hour ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

There wasn't any reason for Vulture to claim Scholarform, especially elim!Vulture, so while I do think an elim Scholarform is still possible I think it's the unclaimed one.

Okay.

If more things do not make sense I swear I'm gonna projectile vomit.

1. If, as the theory is, Vulture is an Evil Scholarform who has been making these voidgems, why have we not heard from a Village Scholar? This should be a slamdunk: PM Dragonfly/Rhino. Or I guess me if you like my jokes. A Village Scholar should be able to tell someone has been researching Evil forms. (Man, if only Fifth were playing, so many Evil Scholar jokes.) Has anyone been receiving Village gems that shouldn't be in stock? Do we have any signs of life here?

2. Same thing as what Rhino said but with this cycle, we have a decent chunk of distrusted or null players all voting on Heron. If there's a cfd I bloody swear...

3. @Mint Heron, this could be lylo. Why is Village!Heron so chill with this?

Let's see if my earlier suspicions of Heron pay off. I don't entirely follow Lion's analysis, but if he's evil I think we've already lost.

Heron.

Seven votes on Heron, but that's only five more than are on Vulture and Weasel, so an elim hammer to save an elim!Heron could still succeed, especially if multiple Heron voters are evil.

Can anyone else confirm getting a PM from Tuatara today? Looking for @Emerald Falcon and @Amethyst Scorpion specifically.

Am I gonna regret this? Probably. Am I worried as hell? Is the atomic weight of cobalt 58.9? Heron, Vulture. Consider me to have a very, very very bad case of the jitters. Sorry Steel. Hier stehe ich. Ich kann nicht anders. Gott helfe mir.

I don't think I have the bandwidth or focus to RP but given the preponderance of artforms and how chatty I've been in PMs, I feel like I can afford to let it slide this cycle.

1 minute ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

@Opal Lion, you said yourself that the time and place for a Vulture exe isn't today. We need to be united otherwise the elims can just hammer, and 5-3 isn't going to cut it.

Is2g check your bloody PMs now please.

Edited to add: Sorry, this sounded harsh. I'm in major panic mode - sorry Rhino. I'm gonna try to take a chill pill instead of breaking down.

Edited by Opal Lion

22 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

Is2g check your bloody PMs now please.

Edited to add: Sorry, this sounded harsh. I'm in major panic mode - sorry Rhino. I'm gonna try to take a chill pill instead of breaking down.

Oh smh I should do that >> 

Nah you're fine. I mean, a chill pill probably wouldn't hurt :P but I didn't think it was overly harsh or anything

Edit: Hey @Amber Vulture mind dropping some form of a breakdown of your actions so far, turn by turn?

Edited by Plum Rhinoceros

*checks back to read the writeup*

Lion, why'd you have to do that at 9:55. In my panic I assumed rollover would be at 10. But I actually have two more hours to talk you guys out of this mistake. Nice! 

I'm guessing this is about me PMing Flamingo asking them to vote Heron? I am genuinely worried about people like Indigo Weasel who just showed up to add an elim vote after being absent for the whole round. If your doubting yourself, why not vote for them? Oh wait, it's because we spent the whole round agreeing to a candidate because we wanted a strong front that the elims couldn't hammer

Edit: @Plum Rhinoceros

D1 Request Scholarform (success)
N1 Eat the gem
D2 Use gem to make Warform (success)
N2 Eat the gem
D3 No action
N3 make dragonfly-lion PM
D4 Take a [redacted] gem (copying Rhino's strat) Ask Lion if you want to know what it is, I told him (success) 
N4 make Rhino-Tuatara- hyena PM
D5 PM Flamingo-Lion

Also @Indigo Weasel I noticed you read the thread and didn't post. It looks a whole lot like an elim checking in a last minute to see if they need to vote or continue faking inactivity 

Edited by Amber Vulture

3 minutes ago, Amber Vulture said:

I'm guessing this is about me PMing Flamingo asking them to vote Heron? I am genuinely worried about people like Indigo Weasel who just showed up to add an elim vote after being absent for the whole round. If your doubting yourself, why not vote for them? Oh wait, it's because we spent the whole round agreeing to a candidate because we wanted a strong front that the elims couldn't hammer

Because unlike what you said to Flamingo, you know we don't lose if the Elims CW you. And in fact, if you are Village Vulture, then it would be the biggest mistake they've made.

The timing, the pressure, and the stakes of that PM don't feel right. Village Vulture would love to bait them into that mistake.

I'm happy to have been paranoid and I hope I am because something about this situation really stinks and my gut is probably in knots by now.

(I'm a she)

... I was going to vote before rollover but whatever way I do it it's gonna look sus huh.

Wait also don't we have 2 hours? 

W/e I'm voting maybe I should do that at least once this game ghh sorrrrrrry or wait am I if I can't be here later when I leave in a sec and consolidation but (anyways this would probably continue if I let it) okay never mind I'm not voting (it doesn't feel like it'll help) see y'all when I get back from hiking (or I won't :P)

Heron (6): Mouse, Vulture, Scorpion, Beagle, Rhino, Dragonfly
Vulture (3): Falcon, Heron, Lion

@Opal Lion To answer your question, I have been very stressed about the fact that there is an exe on me. I was just doing something fun for most of yesterday, and I told myself I wasn't going to think about the game at all so I could just relax and have fun. Now that I am back, I am once again stressed.

I really think Vulture is an elim. I've thought that all game, even if I've vacillated on other players or jumped on other players throughout the game. The fact that we haven't heard from another scholarform makes me really paranoid that Vulture is an elim, managed to get a PM with someone who grabbed a scholarform gem D1/N1 or maybe even D2, found out about their gem, then had them killed, probably used decayform on them as well. If there was another scholar out there, I think they're probably dead by now.

@Indigo Weasel If you are at all still here, do you think you could put a vote on Vulture? Even if you won't be around later, that would be helpful.  

Just now, Mint Heron said:

I really think Vulture is an elim. I've thought that all game, even if I've vacillated on other players or jumped on other players throughout the game. The fact that we haven't heard from another scholarform makes me really paranoid that Vulture is an elim, managed to get a PM with someone who grabbed a scholarform gem D1/N1 or maybe even D2, found out about their gem, then had them killed, probably used decayform on them as well. If there was another scholar out there, I think they're probably dead by now.

Woah woah woah that's a very large and complicated scenario. We never saw a Scholarform die. I bet they're still alive. Asking them to claim does nothing as a vScholar would claim as easily as an eScholar at this point.

It's a wonderful game when everyone is super sus and the team isn't large enough for em all .-.

Just now, Plum Rhinoceros said:

Woah woah woah that's a very large and complicated scenario. We never saw a Scholarform die. I bet they're still alive. Asking them to claim does nothing as a vScholar would claim as easily as an eScholar at this point.

We don't need another Malibu IKYK puzzle with under two hours to rollover. We just need to get this frithing lynch right. God .___.

1 minute ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

I know we haven't, that's why I said the thing about the decayform. Because that's the only thing that makes sense to me. Why would we have not seen or heard anything about another scholarform throughout this entire game so far if there was another one?

I know we haven't, that's why I said the thing about the decayform. Because that's the only thing that makes sense to me. Why would we have not seen or heard anything about another scholarform throughout this entire game so far if there was another one?

Because they're smart and stayed quiet about it :P.

4 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

Because unlike what you said to Flamingo, you know we don't lose if the Elims CW you. And in fact, if you are Village Vulture, then it would be the biggest mistake they've made.

The timing, the pressure, and the stakes of that PM don't feel right. Village Vulture would love to bait them into that mistake.

I'm happy to have been paranoid and I hope I am because something about this situation really stinks and my gut is probably in knots by now.

I'll admit its similar to how I PMed TUO in the QF. But this time it's because I suspect a vote double or removal and vote movement can make us lose here

1 minute ago, Mint Heron said:

Heron (6): Mouse, Vulture, Scorpion, Beagle, Rhino, Dragonfly
Vulture (3): Falcon, Heron, Lion

@Opal Lion To answer your question, I have been very stressed about the fact that there is an exe on me. I was just doing something fun for most of yesterday, and I told myself I wasn't going to think about the game at all so I could just relax and have fun. Now that I am back, I am once again stressed.

@Indigo Weasel If you are at all still here, do you think you could put a vote on Vulture? Even if you won't be around later, that would be helpful.  

So you're implying Weasel is village. And you are too. So my team is... Beagle, Mouse, me and who and who? Can't take me in isolation 

So you think I beat the odds and got Scholarform. Sure, it's possible. Then used it to do what? Lion thinks I don't have Warform. Can't have it both ways here