Quick Fix 53: Forging a Nation

The suspect was narrowed down to three choices, so it was decided that they would determine the traitor the same way that their ancestors in ancient years did. They would quickly interrogate each person and whomever had the worst reason for their innocence was obviously guilty.

Nobody could quite remember what the other two had said, other than that it had been really long. They could however remember how Striker had been stuffing his face with food. And when he had been asked why he was innocent he had only said one word. Pizza.

--

Striker was killed! They were a Member of the Heritage Faction.

VC: 

Ash (2): Szeth_Pancakes, Illwei
Striker (2): Archer, Ash
Archer (2): Dannex, Striker

This turn will end on June 3rd at 10pm PST.

Player List:

Spoiler

1) @Dannex

2) @SummerSomner

3) @Szeth_Pancakes

4) @Liranil

5) @Kings_way

6) @The Windrunner Supreme

7) @Archer

8) @Ashbringer

9) @Illwei

10) @Azmine_king

11) @StrikerEZ Member of the Heritage Faction

... okay.

48 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:
58 minutes ago, Illwei said:
1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

Evidently not.

Szeth. That's too long to leave a joke vote, especially with Striker having reasoning and Illwei... being here. But @Szeth_Pancakes for good measure.

@Experience, is there an activity filter? 

not a huge fan of how you did this, tbh. Was giving you village points for not coming into thread and placing a vote on someone with reasoning, but that only checks out if you have teammates up, which would be Striker or Szeth, so Striker.

looking into Ash/Striker tomorrow.

... huh?

You were giving me village points for NOT voting with reasoning? After I said I would vote?

In what world does that make sense?

(Not sure if that counts as a quote for @'ing purposes, so...)

Illwei, can you explain? What part are you suspicious about?

Sorry, I forgot how short QFs are, and rollover is at 1 am for me. 

To the other people who didn't vote last turn (@SummerSomner @Liranil @The Windrunner Supreme @Azmine_king) let's all vote this time.

As for the actual game, the constantly changing votes last cycle were weird, but I think it semi-clears Ash. If any of the candidates for death were Elims, they probably would have wanted to avoid a tie.

EDIT: also since when have they had pizza on Sel? 

Edited by Kings_way

I’m a good liar. That is, a liar who is good aligned. That has led me to conclude that Dannex is a neutral, Ashbringer is evil, and Summer has the opposite alignment of Ashbringer.

I am not The Special; I am a vanillager. My fake claim was designed to generate some information.

I expected a prompt counter-claim from the v!secret role, and was willing to treat them as basically confirmed good if they did. I waited a full cycle to see if they simply hadn’t got on yet, but the best I got was a few people saying they were cautiously skeptical. An e!secret role also had incentive to reveal and get me exed, so I’m leaning towards the role being neutral aligned. (If it is evil, they may have been saving it as an ace to make exlo go poorly for us, but based on who I think has the role, their approach doesn’t align with that plan.) Any counter-claim would have been genuine, because who has the guts to fake-counter-claim?

I expected (only) one elim to volunteer in the elim doc to shoot me a PM to get the information about the role I was offering. I suspected they’d be hungry for information and eager to establish a relationship.

Striker PMed me. (He’s confirmed village)

Ashbringer PMed me, guessed I was a Bloodsealer, and asked a followup question when I told him my spiel.

Summer PMed me, asked how the role worked on scum, then told me to use it on someone random and I’d be ignored the rest of the game.

And Dannex PMed me. Everything about their toned screamed indignant neutral. They basically said, hold up, you’re claiming to be the Special? Then asked my wincon, asked what the role was called, and were confused when I told them I couldn’t quote that because it’s from my GM PM. When I later did tell them, they asked why I wasn’t just saying all this in-thread.

Dannex was more confrontational than an elim fishing for information, and seemed skeptical from the get-go, more-so than I believe they had the right to be. That’s why I think they knew I was lying because they themselves have the role.

As for the theoretical elim asking for information, as the more experienced player, Ashbringer seems more likely to volunteer to approach me than Summer, so I’m guessing they’re the evil one. They were also more cordial. Ashbringer

There was also a longshot hope an elim would straight up offer an alliance, but that didn’t happen, and that benefit of continuing the charade is outweighed by the potential disastrous consequences of the real Special ousting me at a bad time. For anyone who is interested, the fake role was called Master Forger, and I had the one-time ability to change someone’s alignment (including my own). The process would kill elims. My win-con was survival, or to win with the team I aligned myself with using the stamp.

Any questions?

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I’m a good liar. That is, a liar who is good aligned. That has led me to conclude that Dannex is a neutral, Ashbringer is evil, and Summer has the opposite alignment of Ashbringer.

I am not The Special; I am a vanillager. My fake claim was designed to generate some information.

I expected a prompt counter-claim from the v!secret role, and was willing to treat them as basically confirmed good if they did. I waited a full cycle to see if they simply hadn’t got on yet, but the best I got was a few people saying they were cautiously skeptical. An e!secret role also had incentive to reveal and get me exed, so I’m leaning towards the role being neutral aligned. (If it is evil, they may have been saving it as an ace to make exlo go poorly for us, but based on who I think has the role, their approach doesn’t align with that plan.) Any counter-claim would have been genuine, because who has the guts to fake-counter-claim?

I expected (only) one elim to volunteer in the elim doc to shoot me a PM to get the information about the role I was offering. I suspected they’d be hungry for information and eager to establish a relationship.

Striker PMed me. (He’s confirmed village)

Ashbringer PMed me, guessed I was a Bloodsealer, and asked a followup question when I told him my spiel.

Summer PMed me, asked how the role worked on scum, then told me to use it on someone random and I’d be ignored the rest of the game.

And Dannex PMed me. Everything about their toned screamed indignant neutral. They basically said, hold up, you’re claiming to be the Special? Then asked my wincon, asked what the role was called, and were confused when I told them I couldn’t quote that because it’s from my GM PM. When I later did tell them, they asked why I wasn’t just saying all this in-thread.

Dannex was more confrontational than an elim fishing for information, and seemed skeptical from the get-go, more-so than I believe they had the right to be. That’s why I think they knew I was lying because they themselves have the role.

As for the theoretical elim asking for information, as the more experienced player, Ashbringer seems more likely to volunteer to approach me than Summer, so I’m guessing they’re the evil one. They were also more cordial. Ashbringer

There was also a longshot hope an elim would straight up offer an alliance, but that didn’t happen, and that benefit of continuing the charade is outweighed by the potential disastrous consequences of the real Special ousting me at a bad time. For anyone who is interested, the fake role was called Master Forger, and I had the one-time ability to change someone’s alignment (including my own). The process would kill elims. My win-con was survival, or to win with the team I aligned myself with using the stamp.

Any questions?

Idk, wouldn't someone who actually had the role want to lay low, thinking you're an elim trying to draw them out? Obviously I don't know exactly what Dannex said, but asking a lot of clarifying questions would seem more village to me.

48 minutes ago, Azmine_king said:

@Dannex anything you want to explain?

Im going to say Archer is basically confirmed town, don't see a situation he isn't. Possibly still a neutral.

Archer could be an elim that's trying to draw out the special role. I'm inclined to trust him, but I do think that's a possibility.

I don't think Archer is lying. An elim might do something like claim the secret secret secret role to find out who the role is, but that seems kind of risky. I just don't think you can reasonably suspect someone because they were nice in PM's. I also don't see a situation where the elims would be okay with the possibility of losing an elim to a tie D1. I guess it is possible that less than three elims voted, so if Ash or Archer are elim, then that makes me more suspicious of the people who didn't vote.

11 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

... okay.

(Not sure if that counts as a quote for @'ing purposes, so...)

Illwei, can you explain? What part are you suspicious about?

Wasn't suspicion, an observation kinda

basically if you were teammates with Striker or Szeth or Archer, then you'd come into thread and use something I said to place a vote on me, imo. the fact that you didn't meant you're not teammates with them in a way. (loosely)

4 hours ago, Archer said:

The phrasing of this is strange, can you elaborate on this?

4 hours ago, Kings_way said:

the constantly changing votes last cycle were weird, but I think it semi-clears Ash. If any of the candidates for death were Elims, they probably would have wanted to avoid a tie.

It ended up being a three way tie. I know two of the participants were villagers. I think the elims would be okay with those odds, 66% chance of survival, especially whoever made the kill shot would take some heat. 

3 hours ago, Liranil said:

Obviously I don't know exactly what Dannex said, but asking a lot of clarifying questions would seem more village to me.

Archer could be an elim that's trying to draw out the special role. I'm inclined to trust him, but I do think that's a possibility.

They were really skeptical, moreso than someone just asking for clarification. Seemed like they were confident I was lying from the get go. 

If e!me draws out the special role, they aren't on my e!team. How do I use that information to my advantage; I can't kill them subtly. 

3 hours ago, Kings_way said:

I just don't think you can reasonably suspect someone because they were nice in PM's. 

I do. Because the elims benefitted from knowing the info I was offering and potentially buttering me up for an alliance. I'm convinced at least one of them would have reached out. 

10 minutes ago, Illwei said:

The phrasing of this is strange, can you elaborate on this?

Without quoting directly, the gist was hey why not just use your power to turn someone. If they die, thanks. If they turn evil, you'll know they're evil now and can tell us. Then you'll be useless so everyone will ignore you. 

Wasn't the best plan for n!me, but they suggested it

1 hour ago, Illwei said:

Wasn't suspicion, an observation kinda

basically if you were teammates with Striker or Szeth or Archer, then you'd come into thread and use something I said to place a vote on me, imo. the fact that you didn't meant you're not teammates with them in a way. (loosely)

So because I voted on Szeth instead of you, you thought I wasn't a teammate with Striker, Szeth, or Archer?

Then why did you say you were going to look into Striker/Ash?

And why did you vote for me?

Archer - technically I just asked if you were a Bloodsealer, not for what your role did :P but that was certainly part of the idea, so fair enough. I'll give more on that once I figure out what's going on from yesterday.

7 hours ago, Archer said:

This is all accurate, except I wouldn’t describe my tone as “indignant”. Other than that, this is an accurate description of our PM. 

7 hours ago, Archer said:

Dannex was more confrontational than an elim fishing for information, and seemed skeptical from the get-go, more-so than I believe they had the right to be. That’s why I think they knew I was lying because they themselves have the role.

Archer’s entire argument for me being the secret secret secret role is that I was more suspicious “than I had any right to be”.
Counter-Argument: Archer is not as good of a liar as he thinks he is. I was just naturally skeptical of what seemed like a blatant lie. 

Edited by Dannex

Goodness, there really isn't a lot to go on. This is the quietest game I've been in. I'll probably come back on in a bit to vote if there's more activity, but I'm not really sure what to think. Archer/Ash both have some good points, and this at least seems to confirm for me that they aren't e/e. 

Current VC is 1 for Ashbringer (Archer)

Alrighty.

I have work today, 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM PST, and judging by how work's gone I'm staying late anyway. So, I'm not going to be on for rollover, and not for four hours before. And there's currently one vote in the game, and it's on me. With a fair reason, and not one I can really defend besides curiosity, but if more votes pile on at the end, there's precisely nothing I can do about it. 

So.

I'm going to vote on Szeth, again. His retaliatory votes are... something I've never seen before, and nobody else seems to be touching it. Depending on what happens, this might be my last post this turn (or the game). I'll be around for an hour or two. After that...

(Edit: And now Illwei votes on Liranil, for "why not". A tie! Wonderful! Not one I'm going to join to break, because I don't suspect Liranil and that's how this works.)

hi im here srry i forgt abt thsi a bit

so archr = liar hindsite 2020 role unbalencedc but props to liar

or archer ling abt lying so dont die

possible

prop kill arcer 

or dannex

or both

we cant kill both

but kill one mabe

imma look at turn 1

dannex thinks secret jester 

thats a good point