Long Game 76: At the Forests of Madness

Elandera

2 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Contribution Crusade

There's an abbreviation for that? Why did nobody tell me about this in LG75??? smh I got so tired of typing out "Contribution Crusade" every single time I had to reference the concept. 

In that case, Archer, I would point out that while Araris is known for sticking to his guns, he's also known for CCing. Like in LG75 where I was super sus of him for it so ig I don't blame you?

Edit: @Illwei wait he does? Okay nevermind I take that back then : P I considered checking on your postcount graph to see if I was actually right about Ash being less active, but then decided it wasn't worth the effort. 

Edited by Quintessential

30 minutes ago, Archer said:

I think the Randby CW was village led, but I suspect the elims didn’t mind it because it made the exe more predictable. Quinn seemed relieved to hop on it.

Also, if this is the case then I'd think theres an Elim in the people who voiced concerns. 

EDIT:

2 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

5th highest per your chart... Mat and Szeth are tied for 3rd.

CC abbreviates a lot of different things...

Smh, if it goes 1, 2 , 3, 3, then the next number is 4, I'd say :P. 

Also CC also means counterclaim. This isnt confusing at all... :P. 

Edited by Illwei

Announcement: Rules

Sooooooo, I made a mistake. More clarity issue, but mistake nonetheless.

Regarding Discover the Hidden: You'll notice under the scribe section, when they do DtH, "it only has a 10% chance of failure." But when you go under the DtH rules, it just says there's a 20% chance of insanity. The insanity and failure were supposed to go hand-in-hand, but it wasn't labeled explicitly.

For clarity: If a player takes the Discover the Hidden action, they have a 20% chance of insanity, which will cause the action to fail. If a scribe takes that action, they have a 10% chance of insanity, which will cause that action to fail.

Also, about an hour and 15 to get in your orders. 

3 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Also, if this is the case then I'd think theres an Elim in the people who voiced concerns. 

The people who voiced concerns, in order, were Ash, Dannex, Mat, Az, kind-of-Archer (also gave village points to Az for expressing suspicion), Illwei, and myself.

4 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

The people who voiced concerns, in order, were Ash, Dannex, Mat, Az, kind-of-Archer (also gave village points to Az for expressing suspicion), Illwei, and myself.

I mean the whole "giving village points" is what an elim would be hoping for there. Id have to go look at context and im on mobile rn. Gth id say its Dannex or Mat if so. Archer with his wallposts can fool me though :P. 

6 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I mean the whole "giving village points" is what an elim would be hoping for there. Id have to go look at context and im on mobile rn. Gth id say its Dannex or Mat if so. Archer with his wallposts can fool me though :P. 

I remember at one point in my career here there was a discovery that if Elims were part of a vote train, they tended to be the second or third. Starting one is risky, but jumping on too late seems suspicious, so they try to be in the middle. I wonder if the same logic could apply here (validating your suspicions of Dannex and May if I read correctly).

1 hour ago, Elandera said:

Doesn’t it end in an hour and fifteen from now?

Edit:

o_0 top ten ninjas?

Edited by Matrim's Dice

1 hour ago, Elandera said:

This was wrong. Now you have an hour and 15 to get in your orders.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Yes, thank you Matrim :ph34r:

Edited by Elandera

11 minutes ago, Flyingbooks said:

This suggestion might be a bit too late to matter tonight, but I recommend that most of us should use Discover the Hidden spread across many targets so that we have a good chance of catching the elims in the act.

The only way to spread it across many targets for sure is to say who we're targeting, and the only way to do that alerts the elims anyway :P. So it'd be nice, but I don't really see a good way to do it. I'm just hoping for a good spread.

Once there's actual evidence to trust somebody, we could have one or two people coordinate scans through PMs. I say one or two coordinators because in the case with two, although there is a higher chance of at least one being an elim, the elims would need to get two of their number, not just one, very trusted in order to avoid all of the scans. In the two-coordinator scenario, each of them would get PMs from half of the scanners.

Journal of Thankful Dolittle
Geology Graduate at Miskatonic University

Forest Expedition
Day 43

(((writeup to be added later)))

Gears has been killed! They were a Scribe and Expeditioner! They had a Pallid Mask

Azmine_king has gone insane!

Player List

Spoiler

1. Matrim’s Dice
  2. Gears Expeditioner
  3. Azmine_king
  4. Illwei
  5. Archer
  6. Quintessential
  7. Random Bystander Expeditioner
  8. Szeth_Pancakes
  9. Dannex
  10. Jondesu
  11. Ashbringer
  12. Araris Valerian
  13. Vonnegut
  14. PizzaPower55
  15. Flyingbooks

This turn will end Sunday, May 2 at 5 p.m. PDT.

Edited by Elandera

Anyone scan who killed our Scribe? (Gears, I hope you continue dictating from the dead doc. Your message was great.)

I spied on Jondesu, who I saw spying on me, so that’s a fun circle :P

2 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Gdi Az

Dunno what Gdi means but yeah I assume Az tried to scan someone?

Oh yeah

Jondesu, because aforementioned reasons. Those reasons being their late Randby vote and then light suggestion that the train could maybe be all village, which taken together seems kinda strange, and then me probably confbiasing a couple of their posts that seem a bit performative. That last bit isn't really anything though.

Seems like a good place to start until we learn if anyone scanned the killer.

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Oh yeah

Jondesu, because aforementioned reasons. Those reasons being their late Randby vote and then light suggestion that the train could maybe be all village, which taken together seems kinda strange, and then me probably confbiasing a couple of their posts that seem a bit performative. That last bit isn't really anything though.

Seems like a good place to start until we learn if anyone scanned the killer.

You know I didn’t submit the kill. That’s gotta count for something. And I stand by my reasoning on the Randby train. I didn’t say all village, just probably not 2 Elims, btw.

Just now, Jondesu said:

You know I didn’t submit the kill. That’s gotta count for something. And I stand by my reasoning on the Randby train. I didn’t say all village, just probably not 2 Elims, btw.

I mean, there's more than one elim. (Probably). It doesn't really count for much, otherwise we'd probably have a whole bunch of soft-clears right now. As for the last bit...

Eh, I wouldn’t go that far. Elims like votes on townies, yes, but they like it even more when they can’t be blamed for it. There’s likely one Elim in the Random Bystander train, just by odds and numbers, but even that’s not guaranteed, and I wouldn’t think two or more jumped on specifically because some people assume like you do. Maybe that’s straying into an IKYK, but I don’t overly suspect the others who voted on Randby. Providing reasoning to build suspicion on someone else or simply remaining ambivalent is usually a better Elim strategy Day 1.

Bold as the main sentence, underline as the emphasis point. It's less blatant than I remember, but it's still there; I could see this as elim!you deflecting. (In the case of elim!Jon, I also wouldn't be surprised to find another elim on Randby though I don't know who that would be. Or even who else was on the train)

I also don't... super agree with the last sentence in the paragraph? Idk, just seems easier to me for elims to jump on a D1 train then search for a reason to vote someone else and take themselves out from under the radar. Though easier definitely != better strategy :P.

And aha! later in that same post:

As for me, I don’t regret it, though I would have been happier had we gotten an Elim of course. Wouldn’t have given us more information but it would have thinned their team.

There's the performative bit I remember :P.