Masquerade - These Masks We Wear

Zephrun’s Imperium

On 8/28/2021 at 6:40 PM, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Nico perked up. “Was ‘er ‘o stabbed me up i’ was; she’s guilty as Mal.”

”Kimby!” Allivia growled at him, then whipped around and smiled. “Well, I-I-I…. This… has got to be some sort of misunderstanding. I don’t hurt people.”

"Says the woman who attempted to access the Raveness's personal storage closet." Nowak folded his arms, "we've had our eyes on you ever since, Ms. Nordy. We have not liked what we've seen."

On 8/29/2021 at 9:29 AM, Fallapede said:

"Of course I'm not. Am I to tell you the news of my own arrival?"

"Don't matter to me, but the palace is under tighter security." The guard shouted something inaudible that seemed to cause clattering behind the gate before it creaked open just enough for two men to step out. "Just means we'll be searching you."

Edited by The Ward's Guard

4 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"Says the woman who attempted to access the Raveness's personal storage closet." Nowak folded his arms, "we've had our eyes on you ever since, Ms. Nordy. We have not liked what we've seen."

Allivia laughed awkwardly. There was no getting out of there, was there? "Gentlemen... I'm sure we can reach... an agreement."

4 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

"Of course. I have a knife at my belt as well as one in my boot. The roads are dangerous this time of year, and I did not wish to travel unarmed."

"We'll have to seize them during your stay here. You understand that, right?"

3 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Allivia laughed awkwardly. There was no getting out of there, was there? "Gentlemen... I'm sure we can reach... an agreement."

"Oh yes," Fischer stepped forward, hand on the hilt of his blade. "You'll be lucky if you can keep your head when we're done with you."

Nowak thrust his arm out to stop the younger man, "you'll be taken into custody, and you're fate will be decided through a just court of law."

5 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

“Oh, please, there’s got to be some way out of this. I’ll give you anything you want. Sex, money, drugs.”

"Another attempt at bribery?" Nowak raised an eyebrow, "I do hear that you're the woman to speak with if a someone wants a night to remember."

4 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

"I'd expect nothing less." Jasper drew the weapons from their sheaths, handing them hilt-first to the guard.

The guard took the weapons and wrapped them in a small piece of leather. "You'll understand if we have to search you regardless."

Probably 

Weeks had passed since Maverick had been transformed. He'd felt different ever since. There were they physical changes; his white eyes, his enlarged muscles, his pale skin, the new growl in his voice. And then there were the... other differences. The stranger whispers in his head, the ones he was inclined to follow. Even the way he saw the world had been altered slightly. The only way he could describe it was that he saw people's souls. And he... he hungered for them. His master hungered. And Maverick was all too inclined to serve. 

And so it was that today he served his master by entering the castle, requesting an audience with the king. The guards were frightened by his white eyes and strange purple robes, but let him through anyway. It probably had something to do with Maverick's new aura. The one that bathed everyone around him in paralyzing fear. Maverick was slowly learning that he could absorb that fear, use it as sustenance. What other powers had he been blessed with just weeks ago? Maybe his excursion would help him find out. 

@Channelknight Fadran

Edited by Zephrun's Imperium

"Sir! Uhh--"

Ivian turned around. "What is it?"

"The, ah... Baron Maverick is dema--requesting an audience." The guard shook, spear wobbling in his hand.

"Then why the..." Ivian gestured to the guard's entire form.

"Well he's... looking..." The guard swallowed. "We think it might be best if you see him yourself, sir. All due respect and all."

Ivian nodded. "Very well. Send him to my audience chamber. I'll be there soon."

Oh.

Hm.

My bad.

Ivian could feel a dribble of sweat running down his forehead and matting into his beard at the sight of the... 'Baron' sitting across from him. The man he'd once known as Maverick didn't quite look like a baron anymore; he barely looked like a man.

"I take it you're here because of your brother?"

"I assure you, Baron, that had you seen the state he was in during his last days, you too would've called for his execution." Ivian made sure to watch his breathing, which threatened to stop if he didn't consciously keep it going. "We thought it a mercy, not a punishment, considering where he was."