Masquerade - These Masks We Wear

Zephrun’s Imperium

Of course I'm not worthy of him, Riva thought. "He chose to love me. I did nothing to influence that." She shook her head. "I have no more to say on this topic. You will be hearing from my husband about your treatment of me."

Edited by Zephrun's Imperium

Riva walked away with her head held high, but inside, her stomach was twisting. They were right. Caden shouldn't love her... 

She entered Caden's study with a solemn look on her face, leaning against a book shelf. "Hello, my love."

------------
Maverick regarded the spike. "So... what do I do with this?"

@xinoehp512

Edited by Zephrun's Imperium

2 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Caden raised an eye brow, "yes, Riva?"

"Your guards are...." She folded her arms and stomped her foot. "They're insufferable!"

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Push it into yourself," said the specter. "Don't resist it. That's very important. But also make sure to control it."

"I..." Maverick shook his head as if to clear it. "Excuse me?"

Just now, Zephrun's Imperium said:

"Your guards are...." She folded her arms and stomped her foot. "They're insufferable!"

"I..." Maverick shook his head as if to clear it. "Excuse me?"

"If you don't control it, it will run rampant through your spirit and destroy you. If you resist it, it won't integrate. And also possibly destroy you."

8 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"If you don't control it, it will run rampant through your spirit and destroy you. If you resist it, it won't integrate. And also possibly destroy you."

"I... Alright, I suppose." Mav swallowed and put Forge down gently. The cat curled up on the floor. 

This is insane.

With that, he stabbed himself.

1 minute ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"They're soldiers, Riva." Caden turned back to his work, "they're not meant to be polite."

"They called me a witch. Told me I was ugly and didn't deserve you."

8 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

"I... Alright, I suppose." Mav swallowed and put Forge down gently. The cat curled up on the floor. 

This is insane.

With that, he stabbed himself.

The spike instantly dissolved into essence, a formless black mass that oozed into Maverick's soul. It felt restless.

5 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

"They wouldn't stop glaring at me, so I turned around, told them to stop it. He's convinced I've used magic to make you fall in love with me because 'you couldn't possibly fall for a witch.'"

"That's ridiculous, you can't brew a love potion." He paused, looking towards her. "Can you?"