Masquerade - These Masks We Wear

Zephrun’s Imperium

Robin jumped down from her tree as she heard a ring from a network of bells set up around the forest. She only heard it three times meaning a carriage was travelling on the kings side road. A grin spread across her face as she tucked her hair into her hood. She gracefully climbed up a tree at a sharp turn in the road. A rope was attached to another tree across the, and Robin walked across. It was a small road so the leafy branches of the two trees hid her from view. A zip line followed the road and reached a tree at the second turn. Robin decided not to use the zip line, as she was bored and wanted a challenge. 

The carriage passed beneath her feet and she leaped, landing softly on the top. She grabbed the heavy box tied to the top, tucked it beneath her are, and jumped to grab hold of the zip line. When the carriage turned the corner she dropped to the ground, ran into the forest, and opened the box. Inside was her favorite dress that she wore for her tenth birthday, just before her father sent her off to be trained to become a Kings Lady and a note on the bottom written in the code her father and mother taught her. 

¨I´m not dead¨

Edited by Robin Custos

4 minutes ago, Robin Custos said:

Robin jumped down from her tree as she heard a ring from a network of bells set up around the forest. She only heard it three times meaning a carriage was travelling on the kings side road. A grin spread across her face as she tucked her hair into her hood. She gracefully climbed up a tree at a sharp turn in the road. A rope was attached to another tree across the, and Robin walked across. It was a small road so the leafy branches of the two trees hid her from view. A zip line followed the road and reached a tree at the second turn. Robin decided not to use the zip line, as she was bored and wanted a challenge. 

The carriage passed beneath her feet and she leaped, landing softly on the top. She grabbed the heavy box tied to the top, tucked it beneath her are, and jumped to grab hold of the zip line. When the carriage turned the corner she dropped to the ground, ran into the forest, and opened the box. Inside was her favorite dress that she wore for her tenth birthday, just before her father sent her off to be trained to become a Kings Lady and a note on the bottom written in the code her father and mother taught her. 

¨I´m not dead¨

Out-of-character conversation goes in quote boxes. Regular RPing are just normal posts.

"Robin!" Wendy hissed. "You still haven't told me the plan yet!"

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

"Whelp, I'm going to get back to reading now." She opened her book and started reading. 

She is almost to that one part when Serene finds the king in the sewers... Wait for it... Wait for it... Wait for it...

Seraphina's jaw dropped. "Well. That wasn't what I expected." She muttered. She started reading even more intently, eyes wide. She started eating more of her snacks. 

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Robin!" Wendy hissed. "You still haven't told me the plan yet!"

Robin turned to Wendy ¨ I don´t know Wendy my brain is about to explode. I´m just waiting for the King to send someone after us, and I blame myself everyone parents deaths, and now my father is somehow alive and able to mysteriously contact me. Not only that, but he somehow has access to the Kings Highway, and knows that is the main place where I steal from.¨

Robin dropped to the floor. She could imagine the shock on the face of the girl standing next to her, as she saw her usually vibrant happy leader breaking down. Robin was always bad at wearing a mask, but she could always mask her pain. Finding out her father was still alive changed things, and she new that this new crack in her mask was just the beginning of a shattering wave of events he had planned.

18 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Seraphina's jaw dropped. "Well. That wasn't what I expected." She muttered. She started reading even more intently, eyes wide. She started eating more of her snacks. 

Jassir watched her read and got up.

“Well, I won’t be disturbing you any longer. Say, I might have to check out that book after your done. No spoilers!”

And with that he was off, tactically cartwheeling away to find another target to make fun of.

I hope this isn’t a bad time, but I wanted to introduce myself (hi!) and my character! I hope I can be involved with this at some point. ^_^

Name: Rui Lounde
Appearance: Lanky and tall with tan skin, brown eyes, and unruly curls of short brown hair
Details: Her village was destroyed by the king, and now she's one of the children Robin rescued. She sticks around mainly because she has no idea where else to go or what else to do.
Personality: Not scared to speak her mind when it really matters, but normally quiet and detached
Skills: Working on archery, can speak multiple languages (but if there aren't multiple languages in this world then I swear you never read this)

Noticing a fine looking lady, and, possibly more important, one that was bored, Will swooped in for the kill, er, metaphorically, of course. 

26 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Aliénor sighed, smiled, and looked around the room.

"Well, well, well, this will never do. A beautiful golden idol sitting alone? How did this happen?"

Edited by Negative_Null

Just now, Negative_Null said:

"Well, well, well, this will never do. A golden idol sitting alone? How did this happen?"

Aliénor blushed again. That was happening entirely too much today. "I wouldn't call myself an idol, and I'm certainly not sitting alone. However, I'm sure I'd welcome your company."

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Aliénor blushed again. That was happening entirely too much today. "I wouldn't call myself an idol, and I'm certainly not sitting alone. However, I'm sure I'd welcome your company."

"Well, I think you should, that way I can call you an idle idol, which is entirely too fun to pass up. Of course, that problem does need to be fixed. Will you afford me the pleasure of a dance?"

Sorry for bad timing, we will dance tomorrow if she says yes.