The Unknown Order

Just now, Omi the Counselor said:

Alausoo is the equivalent of the Europeans. Aukarnithian the equivalent of the Americans, natives are, well, the natives. The settlers (your character might call them Alausoo) are technically Aukarnithian.

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

That's fine, we have enough people for now, it would be nice for more if you come up with one. 

6 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

The current blueprints are defective in case they were stolen. Just so you know.

Channelknight Fadran, Condensation, character sheets please (Papers Please, anyone)? We have two story lines to join, we should join the two relatively soon though.

I don't know if I'm going to join yet. I might let it get up on its feet first, or maybe it'll be another Game of Godly Intrigue. Don't know for sure.

17 hours ago, Condensation said:

Ok.

@Not an Ookla

Ceros stilled, watching the general talk to that savage about communicating to other savages, and hearing the general offer a few of their mechanical blueprints.

He fumbled with his hands, keeping a close eye on the native girl. Oh, the ways he could torment her little mind...

While Ceros didn’t adore the fact that the technology the Ministry of Science had been working so hard on was being offered as a bargaining chip, he at least found peace in the fact that the truly powerful machines were still kept secret. Those were the most fun, after all.

“Details, details, details,” he said to the Alausoo representative. Did he really have to stall? Everybody knew he was going to accept.

Ceros gestured to himself. “I’m Ceros, from the Ministry of Science. What details do you need? I happen to have an expertise in this matter.”

Edited by The Unknown Order

38 minutes ago, Not an Ookla said:

I'm thinking of a reply but honestly have no idea what details Avaraliin would ask for.

That’s fine, just improvise :)

If I was an Alausoo representative I’d be asking what type of technology it is (agricultural, weaponry etc.) and maybe for a demonstration. I’d also ask how many blueprints are they offering to exchange for independence, and also why Alausoo (with superior numbers and as the bigger entity) can’t just wage more war and obtain the blueprints themselves?

Edited by I think I am here.

49 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

That’s fine, just improvise :)

If I was an Alausoo representative I’d be asking what type of technology it is (agricultural, weaponry etc.) and maybe for a demonstration. I’d also ask how many blueprints are they offering to exchange for independence, and also why Alausoo (with superior numbers and as the bigger entity) can’t just wage more war and obtain the blueprints themselves?

Improvisation + Not an Ookla = Disaster

“Details, details, details," The man says. "I’m Ceros, from the Ministry of Science. What details do you need? I happen to have an expertise in this matter.”

Ceros. Avaraliin had been warned to watch for him; Ceros had a bad reputation with the Alausoo.

"Exactly what type of blueprints?" Avaraliin asks. "I assume they are weapon blueprints?"

Edited by Not an Ookla
I english good (does the ; work?)

15 minutes ago, Not an Ookla said:

“Details, details, details," The man says. "I’m Ceros, from the Ministry of Science. What details do you need? I happen to have an expertise in this matter.”

Ceros. Avaraliin had been warned to watch for him; Ceros had a bad reputation with the Alausoo.

"Exactly what type of blueprints?" Avaraliin asks. "I assume they are weapon blueprints?"

Answering the edit, yes.

9 hours ago, Not an Ookla said:

“You assume correct,” Ceros said to the Alausoo representative, subtly sliding behind the general when he noticed familiarity in those brown eyes. He met the gaze with his own, smiling slightly. “Mostly.”

He nodded to to the blueprints. “You’ll find improved ballista designs in there, some alterations to standard-issue canons, and... some experimental schematics, too.” Experiential schematics that had defected, he didn’t add.

He shrugged. “That’s the interesting stuff. There’s also a harvester blueprint thrown in, and some minor ship adjustments. More than enough for independence, wouldn’t you say?”

He tilted his head to the side, smiling coldly at the representative.

"You assume correct. Mostly. You’ll find improved ballista designs in there, some alterations to standard-issue canons, and... some experimental schematics, too. That’s the interesting stuff. There’s also a harvester blueprint thrown in, and some minor ship adjustments. More than enough for independence, wouldn’t you say?” Ceros replies coldly.

"Mostly?" Avaraliin echoes. He doesn't like that smile Ceros gives him. "I'd like a demonstrations and proof of the real blueprints. Then we can talk about your... ah, independence." He meets Cero's eyes and gives him a cold smile in return.

Edited by Not an Ookla

On 14/01/2021 at 8:05 AM, Not an Ookla said:

"Mostly?" Avaraliin echoes. He doesn't like that smile Ceros gives him. "I'd like a demonstrations and proof of the real blueprints. Then we can talk about your... ah, independence." He meets Cero's eyes and gives him a cold smile in return.

The smile faded and only hostility was left in Ceros as he stared at the representative. Black cloak, black vest, black boots. Was appearing ominous a requirement for Alausoo, or did they just enjoy the intimidation factor? As sour as the truth was, there was no denying it worked. Alausoo held something far more valuable than any of his blueprints. They held Aukarnit’s independence.

That hostile gaze stared Avaraliin down, wondered how satisfying it would be to play around in that little head of his, to shuffle the thoughts and memories like a pack of cards, to rip that little smile off his face and leave only a shell —

Ceros shook his head slightly, clearing his mind of the thoughts, and the smile was back on his face. Not now. Now was the time for negotiation; fantasy could come later. He raised a hand in the air slightly at Avaraliin’s words.

“Ah, that may take time, representative,” he said, glancing to the side. “Building the blueprints, organising manpower, a secret demonstration.. tsk-tsk, it’ll take time indeed... time your country may not be able to afford.”

He shrugged slightly, gently, at the representative, as if there was nothing he could do. A shame indeed the blueprints wouldn’t be able to verified. A right shame.

“Besides,” he added, bringing his glance to Avaraliin again. “You wouldn’t be implying that we, the soon-to-be nation of Aukarnit, would lie, would you? Implying that would... not be the most diplomatic action, representative.”

5 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

The smile faded and only hostility was left in Ceros as he stared at the representative. Black clock, black vest, black boots. Was appearing ominous a requirement for Alausoo, or did they just enjoy the intimidation factor? As sour as the truth was, there was no denying it worked. Alausoo held something far more valuable than any of his blueprints. They held Aukarnit’s independence.

That hostile gaze stared Avaraliin down, wondered how satisfying it would be to play around in that little head of his, to shuffle the thoughts and memories like a pack of cards, to rip that little smile off his face and leave only a shell —

Ceros shook his head slightly, clearing his mind of the thoughts, and the smile was back on his face. Not now. Now was the time for negotiation; fantasy could come later. He raised a hand in the air slightly at Avaraliin’s words.

“Ah, that may take time, representative,” he said, glancing to the side. “Building the blueprints, organising manpower, a secret demonstration.. tsk-tsk, it’ll take time indeed... time your country may not be able to afford.”

He shrugged slightly, gently, at the representative, as if there was nothing he could do. A shame indeed the blueprints wouldn’t be able to verified. A right shame.

“Besides,” he added, bringing his glance to Avaraliin again. “You wouldn’t be implying that we, the soon-to-be nation of Aukarnit, would lie, would you? Implying that would... not be the most diplomatic action, representative.”

"Professor, you are misleading the man, we have on of the harvesters working right now, and three of the ships are defending the bay."

5 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

"Professor, you are misleading the man, we have on of the harvesters working right now, and three of the ships are defending the bay."

Edge, who had been sitting quietly in the corner, listening to the people, walked over to the blueprints and said, "I want to see the bluethings."

The blueprints were quite boring, having lots of text and weird pictures. "Never mind. It's too confusing."

22 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:
On 1/14/2021 at 4:26 AM, I think I am here. said:

The smile faded and only hostility was left in Ceros as he stared at the representative. Black clock, black vest, black boots. Was appearing ominous a requirement for Alausoo, or did they just enjoy the intimidation factor? As sour as the truth was, there was no denying it worked. Alausoo held something far more valuable than any of his blueprints. They held Aukarnit’s independence.

"Shall we have a showing then, I believe we have a few Atlak 3s (Atlak 3s are the standard ship used by the Alausoo) in The Yard."

"Of course not," Avaraliin says to Ceros, still smiling. He tilts his head. "I'm sure we can reach an agreement. After I have proof."

He nods politely to the General and follows him.

Edited by Not an Ookla
Starting to hate Ceros

4 hours ago, Not an Ookla said:

"Of course not," Avaraliin says to Ceros, still smiling. He tilts his head. "I'm sure we can reach an agreement. After I have proof."

Replying to the edit, he is an unlikable character, and Ark doesn't like him, but I find him interesting. 

He sends some orders by messengers. Very soon a familiar looking ship appears and two warships begin to approach. 

On 16/01/2021 at 0:18 AM, Not an Ookla said:

Ceros bowed his head when the general spoke, and without a word he followed the two of them to the wooden viewing platform. Disgraceful, watching two glorious creations like the Atlak 3s called into service simply for a showing to an Alausoo. Ceros glanced at Avaraliin again.

“Reinforced steel hull,” he forces himself to say, gesturing to the ships. “State-of-the-art cannon defences and a unique fuel source that keeps them running for as long as you need them. No sails or needing to heed to the wind. Our ships can go even where the waves forbid them.”

Even as they walk he keeps a close eye on the native girl. Would anyone notice if she... disappeared? Would anyone care?

On 1/15/2021 at 0:30 PM, The Unknown Order said:

He sends some orders by messengers. Very soon a familiar looking ship appears and two warships begin to approach. 

If you are leaving, Edge will do something that will get her killed