I have absolutely no idea why Lotus flipping Elim would make me look sus, I’ve been Vil locked in like 3 different ways at this point. 

Edit: Also, I want you to look at MR47, where I was uselessly bussed by my Elim friends. Not gonna lie, I was fairly salty about that. Do you think I would let myself be bussed again? 

Edited by Dannex
MR47 not 46

Guest Breaker
17 minutes ago, Dannex said:

I’ve been Vil locked in like 3 different ways at this point. 

I feel like language of this kind is how you keep ending up sus to people. Perhaps curb it? 

edit: Illwei, burnt won’t be up for three hours lol

Edited by Breaker

58 minutes ago, Breaker said:

I feel like language of this kind is how you keep ending up sus to people. Perhaps curb it? 

He's not wrong though, and there are people purposely ignoring the fact that he is pretty much confirmed at this point.
Honestly, I feel like we should be shrekking in them and not Lotus. That would be.. Gears and Archer?
Honestly it has felt like they're trying to fast-lynch Dannex to deny information to Town. And we've prevented it several times in a row.

1 hour ago, Breaker said:

*checks time*

4 minutes ago, James Brafin said:

He's not wrong though, and there are people purposely ignoring the fact that he is pretty much confirmed at this point.
Honestly, I feel like we should be shrekking in them and not Lotus. That would be.. Gears and Archer?
Honestly it has felt like they're trying to fast-lynch Dannex to deny information to Town. And we've prevented it several times in a row.

See, but this...This is what Quinn was doing to Striker.

You're moving things off of Lotus, and I think a Lotus kill needs to happen first.

Edited by Illwei

Guest Breaker
18 minutes ago, Illwei said:

*checks time*

You're moving things off of Lotus, and I think a Lotus kill needs to happen first.

If Lotus' vote count was lower, I'd be all-in on this theory, and start to sus even James. Though I wouldn't vote them. 
I just don't buy that an experienced mafia player like James would risk attaching himself to Elim!Lotus at this stage, when the odds of successful rescue are slim, and when that rescue would be short-lived. 

All of that said, it's a compelling argument. It's almost exactly how Quinn played. 

Admittedly, I'm the player who prefers to bandwagon, but that's for procedural reasons. I'd normally be less inclined. 

23 minutes ago, James Brafin said:

No. Shrekking. My. Warder. 

Edit: We've seen Gears' reasons for supporting the Dannex shrekking, and they're reasonable, regardless of what we think. They're also very Gears-like reasons. They're not reading Dannex, because they don't trust their reads -- hence why we haven't voted Illwei in earlier rounds. Instead, they're noting the hand of fate always rescuing Dannex, the incredible resistance to their demise, the constant tension around the argument. I like to think of myself as a strategic player, rather than a tactical one, and I kinda feel for Gears' reasons. Even if I'm not on board with the shrek right now. 

"He disagrees, so he's a witch" isn't a great angle right now. Unless I say it, cuz it'd be funny when I did it.

I'm going back to being silly after this. But I wanna genuinely go to bat for Gears, because I trust them. With Liranil gone, there's no one I trust more than Gears in this game. Consider me pocketed to my Warder. I will need excellent evidence to oppose them. When we thought we knew Liranil was Green, and therefore Vil, I went all-in on supporting Liranil. I think I'm nearly as confident about Gears, so I'm currently all-in. 

Edited by Breaker
Elaboration on not shrekking my Warder

24 minutes ago, Illwei said:

*checks time*

I'll agree that Lotus looks suspicious, but I don't know that it's a helpful kill. I'm willing to buffer it if it's really what we're set on, but I'm saying here -- let it be known that I don't like it at all. It feels like we are focusing on the wrong part of the equation.

It also strikes me that if we do this, we take away Burnt's Brown power. I'd keep that in mind.

Okay. Can't get on much today, and my focus is on my RPs, but I thought I'd pop in and say yay!

Also, welcome to Orlok!

Browns find roles, right? That doesn't apply to factions. So it'd be inconvenient to lose, but not necessarily game changing. I'd still consider it carefully, but it affects my choice.

Any questions/theories I should answer/reply to before I have to go?

15 minutes ago, Breaker said:

I just don't buy that an experienced mafia player like James would risk attaching himself to Elim!Lotus at this stage, when the odds of successful rescue are slim, and when that rescue would be short-lived. 

That's my problem though. James has been doing things that don't make sense to me from an experienced player PoV.?

I have no clue if he's playing into the whole "New forum strange environment" thing, or if he's legitimately confused about things.

Guest Breaker
4 minutes ago, Illwei said:

That's my problem though. James has been doing things that don't make sense to me from an experienced player PoV.?

I have no clue if he's playing into the whole "New forum strange environment" thing, or if he's legitimately confused about things.

I know James a little. Early on, like, Cycle 1, maybe Cycle 2, he was confused. Dunno about now. 

Edit: To clarify, now, I think he's somewhat settled, but that doesn't preclude confusion from him just confusing HIMSELF. So, maybe it's my bias speaking, but I'm choosing to read him as, at worst, confused and a bit all over the place. Hope that doesn't sound too rude, Jimmy. 

Edited by Breaker

12 minutes ago, James Brafin said:

I'll agree that Lotus looks suspicious, but I don't know that it's a helpful kill.

If we exe an elim, why wouldn’t it be helpful? And if they flip vil we’ve got lots of info to work with.

Guest Breaker
Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

If we exe an elim, why wouldn’t it be helpful? And if they flip vil we’ve got lots of info to work with.

What info? I'm actually kinda concerned we're shrekking all the talkative people, silencing everyone until we know nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Hmm... all right. I'm a Warder.

All right. Any chance we could get some info on your bondmate? Anything might be useful. Identity, Role, whether they’re still alive or not, all of the above, anything might help.

Edited by Dannex

Guest Breaker
4 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Lotus wasn't a talker, Ash wasn't a talker, only quinn was?

Yeah, I guess I'm counting all the kills, not just Shreks, but I also worry about the Dannex votes, targeting a talker. Fair point, tho. Guess I'm getting scared talking will get me or James shrekt. 

Edited for proper quoting. 

Edited by Breaker

1 minute ago, Breaker said:

Yeah, I guess I'm counting all the kills, not just Shreks, but I also worry about the Dannex votes, targeting a talker. Fair point, tho. Guess I'm getting scared talking will get me or James shrekt. 

I mean the kills definitely wanna target talkers, that's how the Elims get control of the thread :P.

talking won't get you shreked, but might get you NK'd. honeslty no Idea why they decided to target mat, but-
Maybe they thought his god-tier reads were better than mine. I don't see it :P. xD

16 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

If Lotus is an Elim, it's marginally good. But it doesn't really tell us anything new, especially since we have nothing to connect with. If Lotus is a village, it tells us... What? That Dannex is Elim, I guess? Except Dannex is confirmed town already? And we lose Burnt's power. It tells us less than nothing, it takes information away from us. Lotus has barely interacted with anyone at all this game; their flip gives us nothing to analyze, nothing to use, nothing to go on, and we lose a really strong power. It just seems really bad.