[Sotd2] Whose side are you on

bmcclure7

15 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Life before Death, obviously! Of course I'm going to root for the people who literally have a good moral code built into their magic system!

...Skybreakers and the fact Gavilar could have qualified as a Bondsmith kind of show how twisted the Oaths can be...

2 hours ago, StanLemon said:

...Skybreakers and the fact Gavilar could have qualified as a Bondsmith kind of show how twisted the Oaths can be...

Yeah, but that doesn't mean the ENTIRE population of Roshar valid for Radiance is going to be that way.

...Which honestly sounds more interesting than all of Roshar just being this way.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly at this point I'm not on either side. They're both being jerks and conquering planets. I'm on the side of First of the Sun. Also, where the heck are the Willshapers at? Their whole gig is freeing people from tyranny and meanwhile a Skybreaker is threatening to conquer a whole planet. 

15 hours ago, Mage_914 said:

Honestly at this point I'm not on either side. They're both being jerks and conquering planets. I'm on the side of First of the Sun. Also, where the heck are the Willshapers at? Their whole gig is freeing people from tyranny and meanwhile a Skybreaker is threatening to conquer a whole planet. 

I'm sure there is a lot of context we desperately need. Like with Scadrial it looks like it might be a East India Trading Co kind of deal. Though it might just be the whole planet being jerks

Scadrial, always.

Metalic Arts are the best, and it looks like Scadrians are conquering, but more economicly than militarly. And this Skybreaker is very... undiplomatic.

BTW, what about Sel? Threnody? Taldain? It seems Nalthis is in aliance with Scadrial, or at least they trade with each other (none allomantic or feruchemical metal isnt able to detect life, but Breaths are)

• 2 weeks later...

I like the culture(s) on Roshar more, so I would go with them. Plus I am weirdly interested in re-forging Ashyn somehow, so that is where my research and efforts would go. 

You've also got 4 worlds for the price of one with Roshar (Asyn, Braize, Roshar, and a real Shadesmaar Culture), so it is also the better value. Sure Scadrial might be better at making vassal states, but those don't count to me. 

Edited by teknopathetic

I'm on Team Roshar, largely for the same reason so many are Team Scadrial. It was my entry point, therefore gets my sentimentality. Also, as even Team Scadrial has said, it's likely that Roshar will be the defending side, and Roshar's moral/ideal based magic system kinda lends to them being the "good guys", of course assuming Odium doesn't take over. If he does, I'm switching to Scadrial faster than a Steeltwin. 

On 2021. 2. 4. at 11:46 AM, Mage_914 said:

Agreed. I'd root for the First of the Sun. I like Dusk and his world.

18 hours ago, The Technovore said:

I'm on Team Roshar, largely for the same reason so many are Team Scadrial. It was my entry point, therefore gets my sentimentality. Also, as even Team Scadrial has said, it's likely that Roshar will be the defending side, and Roshar's moral/ideal based magic system kinda lends to them being the "good guys", of course assuming Odium doesn't take over. If he does, I'm switching to Scadrial faster than a Steeltwin. 

Scadrial is likely to be the protagonist side, actually. This is because it’s a Mistborn series, not a Stormlight one.

7 hours ago, teknopathetic said:

I wonder where Nalthis falls. Likely Roshar since it is so close? 

I think Nalthis is neutral and supplying both sides of the Cold War.

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Scadrial is likely to be the protagonist side, actually. This is because it’s a Mistborn series, not a Stormlight one.

*deep breath*

How... DARE you use logic to disparage my precious Roshar?

*takes off white glove*

*slaps you with it*

I demand satisfaction!

Spoiler

This is a joke I don't want to start a flame war--

Edited by The Technovore
Today in: "Risky messages I posted on the internet!"

1 hour ago, The Technovore said:

*deep breath*

How... DARE you use logic to disparage my precious Roshar?

*takes off white glove*

*slaps you with it*

I demand satisfaction!

Hide contents

This is a joke I don't want to start a flame war--

Big brain: Both sides have good people and bad people working for many different groups and it's not as simple as "roshar good" or "scadrial good"

people are more complex than that and Brandon knows that.

24 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Big brain: Both sides have good people and bad people working for many different groups and it's not as simple as "roshar good" or "scadrial good"

people are more complex than that and Brandon knows that.

This is the likeliest possibility. However, I suspect that our primary protagonists will be Scadrian. Not all, obviously, seeing as Hoid will be a major character.

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

This is the likeliest possibility. However, I suspect that our primary protagonists will be Scadrian. Not all, obviously, seeing as Hoid will be a major character.

Hmmm, if you look at the Skyward trilogy, they've got an intergalactic war there, and by the second book the main character has a posse of friends "from the other side". Considering how Sanderson likes "exploring both perspectives" in his stories, I could easily see Era 4 starting out with a small cast of Scadrians that end up falling in with some Rosharans (and mayhaps some worldhopping group like the 17th Shard?) and by the end of the second book we'd have a "Captain Planet"-esque cast of interplanetary diversity that goes to reforge Adonalsium/save the galaxy from Bad Shard(tm)/forge peace between planets/accidentally destroy everything all the evil (a Nightblood-approved series ending).

8 minutes ago, The Technovore said:

Hmmm, if you look at the Skyward trilogy, they've got an intergalactic war there, and by the second book the main character has a posse of friends "from the other side". Considering how Sanderson likes "exploring both perspectives" in his stories, I could easily see Era 4 starting out with a small cast of Scadrians that end up falling in with some Rosharans (and mayhaps some worldhopping group like the 17th Shard?) and by the end of the second book we'd have a "Captain Planet"-esque cast of interplanetary diversity that goes to reforge Adonalsium/save the galaxy from Bad Shard(tm)/forge peace between planets/accidentally destroy everything all the evil (a Nightblood-approved series ending).

Yes, something like this.