Anniversary Game 7/Anonymous Game 9: From Embers, A Flame

Elbereth

I think it's pretty safe to say Odium's Champions don't have excessive vote manip otherwise they would have used it, especially D1. Ninja'd by Dragonfly but I don't know what they said.

Edit: Dragonfly, that's pretty much why I posted my to-be post this turn. I could have just not bothered, and not a soul would have known. But I hope it can shine a light on me in some good way ;) Adonalsium knows my old soul needs it.

Edited by Violet Axolotl

10 hours ago, Melon Dingo said:

I think this is a worse read than the poetry, at least, when it comes to trying to figure out what’s actually being said.

"oh dear, im gonna hafta go sober, dont i? noooooooo. ill try to make myself more clearr. sorryy"

7 hours ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

But Sapphire Elephant is the most suspicious of that group, for an early "poke" on an Elim that was removed at the last minute.

"heyyy, is everryone drunk todayy? or are yous deliberately mishinterpreting my poshts to whip up suspishun?"

"me im personally feelin ill about that Crocodile fella. juusht when them killin' talks began, comes he yammerin on about poke votes and the like. shuure kanga fella gave reason to his vote, but heyyy if the vote feels iffy for axot-axtlot aah heck that axe fella, sir bucketts, yeah if he feels iffy about kangas vote, shuure as heck he can vote! now where does poke vote come around from outta nowhere landing on the ground. votes with reason aint gon be immune to shcrutinaz - schrutinizashun, yeah?

"how ish this a poke vote? as i said here, jusht when shir buckets shtarted discussion about killin' and talkin' bout how gorilla easily jumped on kanga - comes crocs tellin how "hey at least gorilla had a reason to vote" this shpoke ill about them to them to me for the followin' reashuns:

1. it felt like crocs was shtiflin' the exequshun discushun that had jussht shtarted.
  2. jusht becosh someone voted givin reashun, doesnt mean we accept it as it is. didnt like how croc basically told "hey at least he gave a reason. why are you votin for him", like we are s'posed to ignore people if the give a reashun to vote. like we shouldnt analyze or schrutinize the reason they gave.

and i said it all in the posht above. dont see why you takin it as a poke vote. the only reashun i changed wash becosh of all the others votesh sheemingly jumpin on the wagon for bare reashuns, which made me thinkin it mighta been a misexe.

7 hours ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

I believe Charcoal Hyena's vote was early enough in the cycle not to be incriminating (on its own), and Turquoise Gorilla's was before Mauves.

"again lets agree to dishagree. as i told in my lasht posht, when in the cycle the vote was made might not be important as the situation of other votesh at the time vote was made. hyena voted when it was 2-2 (essenshially 3-2 becosh of croc double vote). so when hyena voted, they broke the tie to make it 3-2 (but also made it 4-2 from elims pershpective, puttin kanga ahead by two votesh). these sorta votesh should naat be ignored jusht becosh they were made earlier in the cycle."

"alsho alsho i wanted to ask if all yall pms have been with sheemingly random fellas, or did ya have village read on your pm mates before the pm shtarted. asking becosh of my evil Prudie theory"

"@Melon Dingo, wash that betta?"

Tenth of the Dusk frowned. His thoughts about the events on the first day did not sharply differ with what had been said. It was always revealing, the struggle for life and against death. [OOC: Or, y'know...two highly competitive vote trains, one of which contained an Eliminator.] The fact that Siena Ashao had been of Odium, in a way, made matters simpler than if it had been two worldhoppers pitted against each other.

Still, he wondered about the possibility of silent interactions. All of Patji was a never-ending struggle for life: you did not always see where the nightmaws hunted, much less heard their cried. Could there have been attempts to tamper with the integrity of the voting that had been obscured from them? The thunderous voices - this one a voice of power and starlight - had claimed that none would be told about changes to the votes they had cast. [OOC: Will not be informed if our votes were meddled with - logically, still possible we had some brief interactions that cancelled out. Wouldn't be so quick to assume. At C3 if we still see nothing, yeah, sure, the odds drop.] 

Tenth continued to be wary of the one they called the Gorilla. He had stated his reservations several times, though he admitted some of it was likely an insistent nagging feeling that simply could not go away. Too, he was less interested in adding his voice to what was more or less a firm consensus on the events of the first day, with voting activity later on being more subject to suspicion and scrutiny than those who had condemned the ones named Crocodile or Kangaroo early on.

Survival complicated matters - it was known that the Shard was required to take part in a mobbing, and failure to do so cost the Shard dearly. Tenth did not think a Shard could go so far against its nature, any more than a deepwalker could. You did not ask the deepwalker why it devoured, after all. Privately, Tenth supposed it was none of his business, what Survival did. He was not interested in angering a Shard, not when he was already hunting a quarry more dangerous than any on Patji. [OOC: I think some of the vote analysis might be complicated by Survival's presence - if Survival had failed to vote, Survival would have lost a life and we would have been informed of it in the write-up. The lack of any of that tells me that Survival did vote, and I have further thoughts on the matter but they're not really relevant here and now.]

Of those implicated in the voting, Tenth found his current attention shifting towards Elephant, Gecko, and Vulture. Minimally, all three codenamed worldhoppers had been implicated in late activity. This made them worthy of scrutiny.

But further reasons? He did not know. True, Mendra [OOC: Vulture] had spoken late, but it had been in favour of executing Siena Ashao [OOC: Crocodile.] The real question was whether it had been an attempt to earn some positive reputation in the eyes of others. Part of it likely hinged on how those of Odium had decided to make a play: Tenth could see Siena urging her erstwhile collaborators to distance themselves from her, even as she sought in one last roll of the dice to save herself. Meanwhile, Gecko had pushed against the one codenamed Kangaroo, but the question that Tenth thought no one was asking was what Gecko had said he agreed with.

The drunkard, known as Elephant had pulled off from Siena. Elephant had also claimed that doing so was not what one of Odium would do as he could have gained more credit from others for doing so. Tenth was not so certain of that: it came down again to how those of Odium calculated, but without an adequate profile of the team and without sufficient data, it was difficult to say what the playbook was. [OOC: I do not find myself overly convinced by 'an Odiant wouldn't play this way' per se - if I knew who the player was, I might be more or less convinced by 'this is not what I could have done when X would've been better' type arguments, barring a clear case where one route is obviously better than the other. Ultimately I think it hinges on having an effective Eliminator profile, which there just isn't enough data for right now. So conditionally - not convinced.]

Spoiler

[OOC: tldr; suspicious of Gorilla, Elephant, Gecko, and Vulture, in no particular order. Need to work out my thoughts on them more. I am not really convinced by some of Elephant's reasoning - but my main issue is actually because I think Elephant's D1 reasoning leads to a very different conclusion but has been forced down one particular path. (P.S. Elephant - since I'm actually kind of low-key annoyed with your dismissiveness, just gonna note that I reiterated my vote because no one at all noted it in any count. I know I'm a Mouse and I RP a lot, but I'm still playing this game.) It's that shift that has me feeling a bit ??? about Elephant.]

Edited for formatting to make OOCs stand out more for those who cry with terror at the thought of - Honour forfend! - having to read RP :) 

Edited by Azure Mouse

40 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

I think Elephant's D1 reasoning leads to a very different conclusion but has been forced down one particular path. (P.S. Elephant - since I'm actually kind of low-key annoyed with your dismissiveness, just gonna note that I reiterated my vote because no one at all noted it in any count. I know I'm a Mouse and I RP a lot, but I'm still playing this game.) It's that shift that has me feeling a bit ??? about Elephant.

"can ya explain this a bit to me? what one particular path? my dishmishiveness bout what? what shift? dont think ive been dishmishive bout fellas rping? jusht been side eyein fellas not involved in vote discushun when twas happenin. like ya wanted nothing to do with what was happenin with croc and kanga. an you did say you wanted nothin to do with them, i jusht felt you coulda given yar opinion on da situashun at the time rather than 'me. silent. observe'. at leasht ya said somethin. schropion didnt involve themselves in any sorta vote discushun at all. nothin bout kanga-croc shtuff, which to me is sushpishus. im talkin bout fellas who poshted with a vote (or retracshun) around the time the discusshun was heavy around croc an kanga, but told nothin bout them.

41 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

[OOC: Will not be informed if our votes were meddled with - logically, still possible we had some brief interactions that cancelled out. Wouldn't be so quick to assume. At C3 if we still see nothing, yeah, sure, the odds drop.] 

"alsho asshuming OCs do not have vote manips inherently is dangeroush, as that can change any time becosh of items and them hoppin to braize an firsht of the shun"

42 minutes ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

"can ya explain this a bit to me? what one particular path? my dishmishiveness bout what? what shift? dont think ive been dishmishive bout fellas rping? jusht been side eyein fellas not involved in vote discushun when twas happenin. like ya wanted nothing to do with what was happenin with croc and kanga. an you did say you wanted nothin to do with them, i jusht felt you coulda given yar opinion on da situashun at the time rather than 'me. silent. observe'. at leasht ya said somethin. schropion didnt involve themselves in any sorta vote discushun at all. nothin bout kanga-croc shtuff, which to me is sushpishus. im talkin bout fellas who poshted with a vote (or retracshun) around the time the discusshun was heavy around croc an kanga, but told nothin bout them.

"alsho asshuming OCs do not have vote manips inherently is dangeroush, as that can change any time becosh of items and them hoppin to braize an firsht of the shun"

[OOC: 1. Basically, your reasoning has one logical conclusion that I consider more likely. (I'm happy to talk about it more in a PM  - I'm more hesitant about revealing it in thread immediately as I worry it might have certain negative implications for the Village.) Your veering off it reads almost as though you were eager to find a reason to focus one anyone not Crocodile. This might be consistent with being a Villager not wanting to narrow down discussion - I've mentioned in a PM with another player that neither of us were really thrilled by how much discussion had narrowed. But combined with veering off Crocodile, I'm a bit more suspicious it reeks of an Eliminator trying to find a reason to get off the train. The shift I'm talking about is the pivot away from Conclusion A to zoom in on Conclusion B. That I am more concerned by.

This is the sum of why I'm suspicious of you: a combination of what your voting actually was, and where your reasoning, in my view, really should lead to.

I could've given my opinion publicly for sure, so I agree with that - I've certainly been clearer about my view of the two trains in PMs. It's not been a good workweek for me so I haven't had the energy for in-depth analysis. (I'm not a fan of compulsory blue text but am happy to do it on demand. I've been sleeping at 4AM getting workdrek done alas :P ) I think I've implied strongly but could probably have said it more forcefully that I felt it was an overreaction to something Kangaroo said, so there was a certain element of "Kay, if you guys really want to dig that rut...don't let me stop you?" I couldn't decide if it was Village-on-Village action or a Villager-Eliminator train, but I've always been mildly supportive of D1 lynches. Not removing my vote from Iguana and why I voted on Iguana is a different matter :P

I would agree looking at disengaged players is still good because an Elim team will display a variety of profiles and an overall team profile, so Beagle, Tuatara, and Octopus do come to mind as people I'd like to hear more from.

I think the dismissiveness to me was basically 'kay Mouse voted twice, why the hell would you need to do that.' Me: 'Okay, so maybe because...my vote keeps getting ignored all game? GMs, why have you abandoned me :( ' It's not like I did it uselessly, and I do definitely feel a bit salty about getting told it's weird after I've been missed in every single freaking public vote count.

Edited to add: I also did want to make it clear since I figured it was best to forestall people going ??? why is there a vote on Iguana???? on rollover.]

Edited by Azure Mouse

1 hour ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

"heyyy, is everryone drunk todayy? or are yous deliberately mishinterpreting my poshts to whip up suspishun?"

"how ish this a poke vote? as i said here, jusht when shir buckets shtarted discussion about killin' and talkin' bout how gorilla easily jumped on kanga - comes crocs tellin how "hey at least gorilla had a reason to vote" this shpoke ill about them to them to me for the followin' reashuns:

1. it felt like crocs was shtiflin' the exequshun discushun that had jussht shtarted.
  2. jusht becosh someone voted givin reashun, doesnt mean we accept it as it is. didnt like how croc basically told "hey at least he gave a reason. why are you votin for him", like we are s'posed to ignore people if the give a reashun to vote. like we shouldnt analyze or schrutinize the reason they gave.

and i said it all in the posht above. dont see why you takin it as a poke vote. the only reashun i changed wash becosh of all the others votesh sheemingly jumpin on the wagon for bare reashuns, which made me thinkin it mighta been a misexe.

"again lets agree to dishagree. as i told in my lasht posht, when in the cycle the vote was made might not be important as the situation of other votesh at the time vote was made. hyena voted when it was 2-2 (essenshially 3-2 becosh of croc double vote). so when hyena voted, they broke the tie to make it 3-2 (but also made it 4-2 from elims pershpective, puttin kanga ahead by two votesh). these sorta votesh should naat be ignored jusht becosh they were made earlier in the cycle."

Sapphire Elephant,

It is rather difficult for me to understand the slurring that comes with your speech, so I apologize for referring to the vote as a poke, as that is indeed inaccurate. But the basis of the vote, while lauded for its existence, is by no means solid.

The facts are plain. You cast a vote for Mauve Crocodile, and were indeed the first to do so. Then, precisely four minutes before the bell tolled, you removed that vote. Had Sage Kangaroo not arrived within those four minutes to vote in self preservation, we would likely be having a very different conversation tonight. (Today? Standard Cycles are so hard to keep track of on Taldain.) Why you voted initially and why you changed are not irrelevant, but they also do not change the results.

Before Charcoal Hyena had voted, the count to the observer would have been 3-2, as Mauve Crocodile had already claimed to be on Braize. Perhaps they deserve a closer look, but to me a vote in the middle of the cycle while discussion is still available is better than a vote with literally minutes to spare. And as far as I can see, Charcoal Hyena has done nothing else to be suspicious and did some early analysis of the state of the cosmere's laws, although I must admit it is difficult to decipher their meaning from poems. So while I do not intend to forget their vote, it is not enough to provoke me.

On a few unrelated notes: can we come to a cosmere-versal agreement on referring to names? I have seen documents where individuals are referred by either their respective color or their respective animal, which becomes quite the nightmare for logistics. Meanwhile scribing down the full name becomes... tedious.

Prudence, I appreciate the PMs I have been set up with, but I would also request PMs with Charcoal Hyena, Chartreuse Penguin, Sapphire Elephant, and Taupe Gecko.

I also managed to miss Amber Vulture in my vote analysis. As a late voter for Mauve Crocodile, I believe them to be safe for now, but it would depend greatly on the alignment of the other voters.

-Solemnheart

@Azure Mouse, youre tellin that my reashunin (for what? voting for flamingo?) shoulda lead me to conclushun a (which you wont reveal because it might harm us), but i ended up with conclusion b (which is feelin that quite a few votes on crocs were without reason and hens worried that it mighta been an misexe, an if it was a misexe then one of the voters on crocs mighta been OCs and hence me choosin flamingo as the mosht suspicious of the voters on crocs?) which is a wrong conclushun to reach?

3 hours ago, Plum Rhinoceros said:

Then, precisely four minutes before the bell tolled, you removed that vote.

"honest to adonalshium, i felt we had two more hours to discuss the kill. i wasnt comfortable at how many fellas were votin on croc without a reashun (*sigh* feel like im repeatin myself many a times), and felt kanga as village as well, so i thought to bring up someone elsh i was sushpectin to discuss thinkin we had 2 more hours to do so." 

"ya say i was distancin' myself by votin for crocs fursht. now why would i go spoil the distancin to make myself linked with crocs, an puttin myself under schrutiny by votin lasht moment, when i coulda just stayed on croc and kept my distancin intact and solid if i was an elim?"

4 hours ago, Azure Mouse said:

I think the dismissiveness to me was basically 'kay Mouse voted twice, why the hell would you need to do that.' Me: 'Okay, so maybe because...my vote keeps getting ignored all game? GMs, why have you abandoned me :( ' It's not like I did it uselessly, and I do definitely feel a bit salty about getting told it's weird after I've been missed in every single freaking public vote count.

"ahh i see. ya see i had marked your vote in my personal vote count, an so i didnt bother to see vote counts poshted by others. so in my mind, your vote wasnt unnoticed. hens i found your reiterashun weird."

"@PRUDENCE i know i said i have a hunch that youre evil (no one wants to talk about that huh?), i still stand by that hunch but por favor gimme a PM with mistah blue mouse.

To Prudence, I'll repeat my request,
To offer a PM with everyone at my behest.

At last we escape
The Shards and their many rules.
Huzzah, free at last!

Onto minor roles.
Limited use. Be careful.
Don’t waste your charges

The Edgedancer has Stormlight aplenty.
From bloody wounds and ails it can cure.
The Thug survives all wounds and the many,
But scant few times before you must procure.

You have a corpse or two or three that serves.
It dies for you without needing to act.
The poisoner kills people that deserve
But you can’t change your target so use tact.

To kill, you serve Dakhor for sacrifice.
The Sandmaster can use its sand to halt
As can the trapper, but that is alright.
The Runner redirects using assault.

It specifies its target action too,
But that will fail if you guess not true.

The Slider is like the Windrunner,
With redirects galore.
Elantrians learn targets, not actions.
The Truthwatcher’s the same, no less, no more.

Awakeners burn Breath to learn so much
But firstly the Investiture of friends.
From Normal roleless, High Invested or
With minor roles, to Shards with awe-some might.

Those who serve the Seventeenth are the same
With assets not Breath. Forgers take from Death
By carving stamps of minor roles. They claim
Just one per corpse and can’t return to rest.

The Soother washes down sweet brass to strike
Down targets’ votes, but Lightweavers just change
Them, cancelling their own vote with lifelike
Illusions. But Elisians are strange.

They can’t convince the people to abstain.
Because of this their own vote will remain.

The Returned are something odd,
Born of Death and wondrous gifts.
You can die again to act,
And Endowment’s offerings to your life do lift.

You can stop people from acting
Or save them from a death
Or take away their poison stabbings.
Or charge up their roles and items.

Items number six types, flavoured by their respective Shardworld.
They are kills, protects, vote cancels, action scans, roleblocks, and PMs.
Even though these items are single-use, they do not disappear when used.
Many things can charge them, like Roshar or Returned.
See, Invention wants to make them, so hit them up and you’ll get rewarded.

Permanent passive items do not get used up.
Alerters will see a single action that targeted you.
Seons will create a singular PM, to be changed at will.
Spanreeds start out linked, and the PM stays until one of you dies.
Interestingly, passing happens before the item check, but receiving happens after.
Very useful, if you’re a hoarder of items.
Ending items, at long last. Acrostics are quite useful for conveying information.

Each Shardworld has worldhoppers aplenty
And all of them can speak in private too.
Autonomy’s aspects get to talk there,
So go see them so they’ll have someone to talk to.

Roshar charges items/minor roles,
And Braize doubles your vote.
Ashyn lets you repeat actions,
And Scadrial protects you with a note:

Protection is a chance against non-Scadrians.
On Sel, you can take items from the dead.
On Nalthis you can get a brand new item,
And on First of the Sun, one vote will be removed from what’s been said.

Taldainers are immune to redirects,
With a slight chance of roleblocks as well.
Shadesmar gets free PMs with others,
And a temp one with an outsider, quite swell.

Done at last, took years and forever, sanity crumbles, insane forever and years taken lasting, at dawn.

7 hours ago, Azure Mouse said:

Survival complicated matters - it was known that the Shard was required to take part in a mobbing, and failure to do so cost the Shard dearly. Tenth did not think a Shard could go so far against its nature, any more than a deepwalker could. You did not ask the deepwalker why it devoured, after all. Privately, Tenth supposed it was none of his business, what Survival did. He was not interested in angering a Shard, not when he was already hunting a quarry more dangerous than any on Patji. [OOC: I think some of the vote analysis might be complicated by Survival's presence - if Survival had failed to vote, Survival would have lost a life and we would have been informed of it in the write-up. The lack of any of that tells me that Survival did vote, and I have further thoughts on the matter but they're not really relevant here and now.]

This is a very good point, fellow. An oversight I took.

I noticed your vote, by the way. But since it wasn't on Kangaroo or Crocodile, it wasn't as relevant.

As a refresher (oops) My death means Heron and/or Weasel is likely no good, and if I'm attacked but survive they're both likely good. Farewell if this is the end of me, I've enjoyed my time with you younger folk. 

AG7/AN9: Day 2 - #prudenceisdead

Welcome to Witter, your source for all that’s happening in the Cosmere!

txXOrscJXmTEtaTV-2egyPQLMcDFHYPMoG2_MZMqRcgJXCr0E_jKNmwZz03bjA6NlWfY3Ch7r4LJVgYaK79yHCRXqtriTCXiSJN8f5dIkhgYUB76PhKks5HnGkugE2PdE-XIEyiL

IQmN1khlAubVska5zIsO2i94wPuzkeVal-FTVhXYFiwXoLpV3Ycb-QO6hY-DPBS27oCV9zWmwNxtjgwSbzMIwlV5nZv_EMNzAYGr3pPp9_PXNnHCUVsjzWgJBka_VQwoD7u7iphn

j1aqDEvGms7IykzvT11HrDTu_a98bRzLW7i-FaA8

lop2Fi8XymwlmA0aJ4U4Zojb47mifDUJas6uU7dRlzaXhBjrJv3PqmbN_X7_swsniAhpZTffOPZ7UonHZ4fMGdW4v30hbRxnpqcpJIi9NkEpBz4wtjidMx7Ck-XemAq1tkCqJ8WU

AhIyxMIRlrZiurjRvDwoNm2ZVLHnN5Tyq16q8wUWpIuC2ic3Ka6x2zuEv2UPJFDMpGLRYip_mU7OmvHAydhBvKY-X_KSByx1Akmz6KwWcXF-MeTiQ3eQ1xA1UnH7MCdy-BRSgLBI

Mint Heron was a Child of Adonalsium with Prudence! Prudence has been shattered and passed on.
Someone was attacked, but didn’t die!

Day 2 has begun and will last for approximately 46 hours, until 8am MST on January 3.

Player List
1. Amber Vulture - TBD (Creative Cook)
2. Amethyst Scorpion - Mort (Deathspren)
3. Azure Mouse - Tenth of the Dusk & Kaikoa (Bounty Hunter)
4. Charcoal Hyena - Soren (Hobbyist (Poet))
5. Chartreuse Penguin - TBD (Bumblebee)
6. Coral Swan - Enoras (Prophetic)
7. Cream Tuatara - TBD (Prophetic)
8. Fuchsia Ostrich - Konion (Unlucky orphan)
9. Indigo Weasel - Iadhain ‘the Weasel’ Ramer (Kleptomaniac)
10. Ivory Dragonfly - Eris (Decisive)
11. Magenta Albatross - Relas (Distracted?)
12. Mauve Crocodile - Siena Ashao (Unlucky) Forger
13. Melon Dingo - TBD (TBD)
14. Mint Heron - Nihalin (Hobbyist) Prudence
15. Onyx Flamingo - TBD (Excitable)
16. Opal Lion - Remy (Hobbyist)
17. Oxblood Beagle - TBD (Gossip)
18. Pearl Chameleon - TBD (Compulsive Gambler)
19. Plum Rhinoceros - Solemnheart (Amnesiac)
20. Quartz Zebra - Sophos (Bad Stormwarden)
21. Saffron Iguana - Vatorr Maj (Tinker)
22. Sage Kangaroo - Arleoxtai Ashvtet (Gossip)
23. Sapphire Elephant - Al (Drunk)
24. Scarlet Octopus - TBD (TBD)
25. Taupe Gecko - Aurora (Bad at Human)
26. Turquoise Gorilla - TBD (TBD)
27. Violet Axolotl - Sir Brockett (Elderly) 

Note: We’ve decided on an inactivity filter! You will be removed if you do not post for 3 turns. Also, if you are not a current player but would like to be, we’re looking for a pinchhitter!
The playerlist has been updated with all the character names and cosmetic roles I have marked. If yours isn’t there, let me know! 

[OOC: Oof. I was posting a reply last Turn but I d/ced and then when I got back on, Wilson closed the cycle, so whoops. I am increasingly interested in what went down on Roshar, especially given Violet Axolotl's shenanigans, someone getting attacked, and Prudence getting hit by Odium's Shardic ability. Either there was a leak on Roshar, or Odium decided to take his chances with the running list of people in the Rosharan system. Assuming a distribution of 3 per Shardworld (3x9 = 27), Odium had a 1/8 chance of hitting Prudence.

And Violet Axolotl seemed to think Mint Heron's (whom we now know was Prudence) alignment reflected on Taupe Gecko's alignment and vice versa. I'd like to know why as in our conversation together, Mint Heron professed to be unclear of why there was a connection. Violet Axolotl, care to share with the class?

With regard to the issue: @Sapphire Elephant that's the short of it, yes. I don't disagree with your reasoning but I find one particular inference to be just strange, coupled with your voting behaviour. That's what has me side-eying you. 

Understood about the vote tracking - apologies then :)

On your Prudence point - mentioned it briefly in Sel D1 but I just didn't see the point in saying too much about it. Okay, so suppose Pru is evil. So what? Suppose Pru sets you up with a PM with an Odite. Uh, isn't that the usual risk in a SE game anyway? Your reads can be wrong, and you can accidentally request a PM with an Evil player. I don't really see this being a significant issue except to realise that you shouldn't blindly trust people you PM anyway which is...nothing really new in SE. Pru can't eavesdrop on PMs either. The real issue with Pru being potentially Evil was overreliance on Pru's PMs as Pru was capable of shutting off that - so like a critical infrastructure attack, which could've been pretty scary. (And yes, I recognise the irony of having typed that and then d/cing and coming back to realise Pru is dead...) The real issue was not automatically assuming the alignment of any Shard that isn't delineated in the rules, and logic says that Ruin probably isn't starting Evil, but apart from that...

Anyway, I'll open a PM with you. (I'm currently with six others on Shadesmar.) I still think saying it publicly in-thread is bad for the Village and so I won't, but I don't think it really matters to say it in a PM, on the off-chance you're Village. And if you're Evil, telling you isn't exactly harmful either. And if you do publicise it in thread in a harmful way, then I'll have a clearer idea of your allegiances and intentions. Doesn't seem a bad deal to me.]

@Azure Mouse, I am on mobile and cannot respond fully. I’ll be unavailable for some time.

The easy explanation is that I said things on Roshar that would reflect how to kill me, and thus if I died one of the people on the planet with me likely passed on the information I foolishly blabbed. That didn’t happen- I was not the one attacked- but we can assume that whoever it was is a Shard.

I don’t understand your vote on me at all. Was it incentive for me to explain? It was never not in the plan to. I thought Heron’s alignment might reflect opposite of Gecko’s only because of my paranoia, and how Heron expressed suspicion of Gecko. Now that Heron flipped CoA that’s largely useless as it was only my paranoia of OC!Heron. I do still find Gecko slightly sus though.

That ended up being the full explanation, by the way. 

Just now, Violet Axolotl said:

I don’t understand your vote on me at all. Was it incentive for me to explain? It was never not in the plan to. I thought Heron’s alignment might reflect opposite of Gecko’s only because of my paranoia, and how Heron expressed suspicion of Gecko. Now that Heron flipped CoA that’s largely useless as it was only my paranoia of OC!Heron. I do still find Gecko slightly sus though.

[OOC: 50-50; I'm always a little suspicious of protection requests that seem to come out of nowhere, especially since someone else on Roshar was killed, and Mint Heron suggested they had no idea about whatever was going down on Roshar. I'm waiting for clarification from the GMs on the issue as well, as my current sense is that the move could coax one-shot protection item people into burning items unnecessarily, or drawing protection away. (Since they're not Edgedancers.) Could be trust issues - I've gotten yelled at by Wilson for paranoia more times than you can shake a stick at - but it's something that bothers me anyway.

Something about the scenario you were setting up also made little sense to me: you mentioned fearing Odium as well as Odites, and expected an Odium attack as well as an investee attack. But you can't protect from an Odium attack, or well, you can, but the Shard is shattered, and passes on, so it's not a complete wash, but even then. Minor roles also have no reason to fear Odium, since it just is written up as an attack-protection thing, so that reads to me like a tacit claim. (I didn't really want to say it this explicitly but soddit, because Evil is definitely going to be very familiar with their own abilities.) But Mint Heron also said nothing of that sort went down on Roshar. No one made any claims. Now, it's possible Mint Heron distrusted me, but apart from that, I'm not going to assume other reasons for lying, as Mint Heron is CoA. Mint Heron also did say they felt you were setting up some kind of chaotic bait play, and my other running theory was an alerter type ploy.

Essentially, yes. I want to make sense of the situation because nothing about it makes sense, but while I don't find you outright mobbably suspicious, I don't exactly trust you either.

And I like to sometimes back questions I'm serious about with mobbing votes just to make it clear I'm mildly suspicious and would really like an answer, and to see how others feel about the issue. We have 48 hours - if anything, it would be laughably sad for me to have decided who I want to get mobbed today when the sun is barely in the sky.]

Remy wandered around Sel. 

There weren't many people here. He had come to Sel, hoping to find different people, thinking that they would not all be flocking to Shadesmar- as PMs weren't all that useful as long as Prudence was in the game. But Prudence...had now died. And all the people who had left to Shadesmar seemed even the wiser for it. 

Remy was feeling...Lonely.

--

1 hour ago, Azure Mouse said:

Odium had a 1/8 chance of hitting Prudence

Do you imply that he meant to hit Prudence, or that this slot was saying specific things on Roshar that were making him nervous, and we shouldn't operate off of the assumption that Prudence in particular was targeted?

15 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

I'm always a little suspicious of protection requests that seem to come out of nowhere

I would say that I think people asking for protection is good for the village mostly, as it causes IKYK scenarios for the Elims to have to sort through (or ignore) but I understand that you're talking about paranoid 1-shot protection havers, so- this is a pretty much useless statement for me to make! :P.

Completely Null:

Amber Vulture

Amethyst Scorpion 

Fuchsia Ostrich 

Cream Tuatara

Indigo Weasel

Magenta Albatross 

Scarlet Octopus 

Oxblood Beagle

Onyx Flamingo 

Saffron Iguana 

Quartz Zebra 

Plum Rhinoceros 

Village-ish:

Sage Kangaroo- not quite confirmed village, but decently close.

Azure Mouse - Idk, they seem helpful and I’m just getting good vibes from em

Coral Swan: I feel like they’ve been making pretty solid points and they’ve been contributing.

Ivory Dragonfly -They haven’t posted too much but just gut here

Pearl Chameleon - gut again

Opal Lion-Nothing feels off about them. And they’ve contributed a bit, so.

Null w/thoughts:

Chartreuse Penguin: Copies everything

Violet Axolotl: This is *sigh* the big one. They’ve been helpful they helped with the croc Lynch, but it almost feels…. A little too helpful. And with the mint heron weirdness… Oh I don’t know

Elim-ish:

Melon Dingo-I’ve just ugh it just feels right. Not super elim-y, but leaning that way

Charcoal Hyena-as much as I do love their poetry, they were the first one to jump on Sage after croc, which is somewhat suspicious.

Sapphire Elephant-went off croc a minute before rollover, definitely worth looking into.

Turquoise Gorilla-It feels more likely that croc simply jumped onto gorilla’s vote rather than collaborating, but still deserves a mention and feels elim-y-ish

2 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

Do you imply that he meant to hit Prudence, or that this slot was saying specific things on Roshar that were making him nervous, and we shouldn't operate off of the assumption that Prudence in particular was targeted?

[OOC: I don't know. I think if Odium did mean to hit Prudence, then either Prudence had poor opsec (which I doubt, given our PM), or - which is more likely - some kind of leak and whatever Violet Axolotl was referring to, went down on Roshar. Odium probably wants to hit Honour asap or get Roshar nuked, but failing which, a definite Shard and a way to take down Village communications is a good move. No reason not to go for it.

But assume that Odium did not. Assume Odium hit more or less randomly. Then Odium had a 1/8 chance - since 9 in Rosharan system, minus 1 because Mauve Crocodile is dead. Minus another 1 if Odium didn't want to try messing with Violet Axolotl, assuming VA is good - which I lean a little towards but I am a paranoid chullson and much does not make sense and I am not willing to rely on one cycle's worth of judgements, so. Minus yet another 1 if VA is correct about SK also being in the Rosharan system - 1/6 odds of randomly hitting Pru.

I'm not willing to assume unless more info. I think it's good to keep in mind both possibilities. 1/6 isn't awful odds. It's a dice roll. 

7 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

I would say that I think people asking for protection is good for the village mostly, as it causes IKYK scenarios for the Elims to have to sort through (or ignore) but I understand that you're talking about paranoid 1-shot protection havers, so- this is a pretty much useless statement for me to make! :P.

Yes, but my point is that it's also often sometimes the prelude to Elims trying the big Village trust route. Getting V proteccs on Elim can be pretty nasty for V, especially if one-shots are burned, though El has just informed me oneshots won't burn that way, so I am relieved. I don't have enough info on which scenario this is, so I am paranoid, and it usually tends to trip my paranoia flags all the same when it happens unremarked and there is no corroborating information on it at all.]

"zebra, gecko and tuatara are here with me in fursht of the sun by the way. feel like everyone shud know whos takin refuge in a planet that removesh a vote from them. i deshided to move here becosh i tried to explain my train of thoughts leadin to my change of vote, but shtill feel people do not believe me. meanwhile gecko on the other hand hash remained shilent and made no effort to put forth an explanashun. and is now chillin in the fursht of the sun. gecko

19 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Ok I see your points... @NewPrudence, kindly set me up with Mouse in a shiny PM. Or, if they haven’t used their Silverlight one that’s more reliable.

In about an hour I can reply to the less sensitive points but I still am largely unavailable.

[OOC: Prudence was shattered, I'm afraid. No more PMs, and I've burned mine with Sapphire Elephant.]