Anniversary Game 7/Anonymous Game 9: From Embers, A Flame

Elbereth

2 hours ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Secondly, this was startlingly... unhelpful when it came to rule analysis, which is what I expected after their first post. Don't get me wrong, I greatly enjoyed reading it, but after you discussed mechanics in your first post I anticipated something akin.

You break them. Maybe you meant it, maybe you didn’t, but they are Splintered nonetheless. The Vessels lie Shattered at your feet, and you know you can kill more.
You are bound, trapped in a star system when before you had a galaxy. It’s suffocating. You hate it. You hate everything. Honor stands before you, so you strike him down. Tanavast falls, and you are still trapped. You scream. You rage. You hate.
The Shards burn bright in your eyes, but the mortals do not. You bring your power to bear on them, and they pass through it as though you are nothing. You hate that. You can fix that.

Once per night, Odium can target a player for death. If the player is a Shard, they die and the Shard is splintered. If the player is not a Shard, the attack appears the same as if the person was protected. Unless Honor is dead or Roshar is destroyed, Odium cannot target any player not in the Rosharan system (Roshar, Braize, and Ashyn); Odium is given a list of players in that system at the start of each night.

Mortals burn bright in your eyes. The Shards are like the sun, but your fellow entities of Death resemble flickering candles. If you reach out, you can just barely snuff them out. 

During the night, the invested player can target a player not holding a Shard, killing them. If the invested player targets a Shard, the attack appears the same as if the person was protected.

Your garden is magnificent. Whether you grow roses or thorns, it is still guided by your careful hand. You control all the variables and fix things into place, making everything work as you intend. You weave power into cracks in a facsimile of kintsugi, and everything comes together perfectly.
Despite all the Change you bring, you remain a constant in the tumultuous sea. Your will, your strength, your power bringing the mad world to bear. If you try, you can solidify your words into being, ensuring that you are not swayed, never swayed. 

Once per cycle, Cultivation may target a player. If this player holds a Shard that has been Shattered within the last 2 cycles, that Shard is made whole again.
Cultivation can cast a single unalterable vote in their GM PM.

I would go on, but I think I've made my point.
My posts are rules-specific as you would see if you take the time to look.
Quite frankly, your dismissal of my poetry does somewhat sting
Since your words make clear you didn't even try to do what it took.

As you demonstrate yourself incapable of interpreting prose poetry
I'll take a step back and write simple forms that rhyme flowingly.
I shall return after writing some more poems about the Shards
And pay attention this time, I swear it's not that hard.

Please don't take my words as a personal attack.
I simply find myself slightly frustrated.
I understand confusion brought upon by poetry is vast
But to have my effort written off fills me with dread.

I will be back with standard poetry and nonsense
Please do not summon a flurry of excessive content.

3 minutes ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

I would go on, but I think I've made my point.
My posts are rules-specific as you would see if you take the time to look.
Quite frankly, your dismissal of my poetry does somewhat sting
Since your words make clear you didn't even try to do what it took.

As you demonstrate yourself incapable of interpreting prose poetry
I'll take a step back and write simple forms that rhyme flowingly.
I shall return after writing some more poems about the Shards
And pay attention this time, I swear it's not that hard.

Please don't take my words as a personal attack.
I simply find myself slightly frustrated.
I understand confusion brought upon by poetry is vast
But to have my effort written off fills me with dread.

I will be back with standard poetry and nonsense
Please do not summon a flurry of excessive content.

I mean... yeah I definitely can see your point. And I didn't entirely overlook it, but part of me wanted more of rules analysis and personal thoughts instead of more of the overview I now see you gave. So I offer apologies, and hope you don't think I'm discounting your effort. It's just much easier for people to notice rules commentary not in prose, like Dingo said.

2 hours ago, Melon Dingo said:

I don’t know why, but the two (three?) people who are doing this are giving me bad vibes. I get that we all want to get those non-Sanderson passes, but using a cosmetic role like this one does seem like a good way to have an excuse for lack of good game analysis. I know there is one person who is doing it well, just can’t recall who. This isn’t a good read, more just a gut since I find it hard to get a good feel for what the person is actually trying to say because of the formatting.

While I'm not sure about the bad vibes thing (I still need to reread their stuff and formulate reads), I can certainly second the formatting annoyances. I've been finding it very tedious to read through things from people who are going all-in on RP. I'm probably biased though, since I'm not very into RP.

51 minutes ago, Mint Heron said:

In LG72, Ventyl was already under suspicion and Araris was trying to get in front of that. It was also four cycles into the game and Ventyl was mostly inactive.

In point of fact, Araris pointed out one of Ventyl’s posts on D2 as suspicious, and maintained that read up though the lynch. I think Ventyl was only less active the day he was lynched, and he had the strongest role in the game (plus a protection role, which got passed to a villager). I’d say that elims would generally be more comfortable with a D1 bus than with killing off their strongest role, and based on his last 3 LGs, Araris would have been totally fine with a bus here.

Also, it appears my correction of my incorrect calculations was incorrect, since I missed a vote change somewhere last cycle, and went to bed before I realized. Guess highstorms will happed independent of Gorilla dying, for better or worse. I’ll probably hold off on figuring out my suspicions until the Day turn, so that if I die then I don’t need to, and the elims won’t know if I am on to something when choosing their kills.

I’d also like to request Prudence to not put me in any PMs :P.

And I predict there will be highstorms on Roshar, Scadrial, and Braize this cycle.

[writeup pending - it's partially completed but I'm guessing El is having internet difficulties atm as it hasn't been edited in 45 minutes and she's not responding on Discord, sooooooo I'm posting this so we can get the turn started!]

I was not having internet difficulties, I was having staying-awake difficulties, oops. :P The writeup is now edited in!

A random clarification because several people have mixed this up: Odium cannot use his Shardic ability on anyone outside the Rosharan system, but is not physically bound staying on one of those planets.

Also, if you want to worldhop, remember to get the order in.

Happy killing-and-whatever! :P

MYy t rreemorss are teerfrribble  iIMme SSorrrfy im OOold

Waaaaiitti a 

fjIII 

LI

I got  it s usujnder conyntrol

Grerrrr4rrrr

AgaghgghhhAhememmm

Huuuuuh

...Hello?

I think I'm better now. The tremors strike me in the worst times.

Just stopping by to ask for protection. I figure if I'm trembling something's about to happen, and Odium & Co targeting me fits well. So please and thank you.

1 hour ago, Elbereth said:

Odium cannot use his Shardic ability on anyone outside the Rosharan system, but is not physically bound staying on one of those planets.

ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɢᴏᴇꜱ ᴍʏ ᴘʟᴀɴ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴜɢɢᴇꜱᴛɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴍᴏᴠɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴀᴍᴇ ᴘʟᴀɴᴇᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴏᴅɪᴜᴍ ꜱᴛᴜᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏꜱʜᴀʀᴀɴ ꜱʏꜱᴛᴇᴍ. ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ꜱᴘᴇɴᴛ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴꜱ ᴄᴀʟʟ "ᴛɪᴍᴇ" ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴜᴘ ᴘʟᴀɴ ᴏꜰ ʜᴜɴᴛɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴏᴅɪᴜᴍ ᴀᴍᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀꜱ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏꜱʜᴀʀᴀɴ ꜱʏꜱᴛᴇᴍ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴀᴍᴇ ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍꜱ. ɪꜱ ɪꜱ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴡᴀꜱᴛᴇꜰᴜʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ "ᴛɪᴍᴇ" ʟɪᴋᴇ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴀ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ?

ᴀ ʀᴇᴍɪɴᴅᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏɴᴏʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏꜱʜᴀʀᴀɴ ꜱʏꜱᴛᴇᴍ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍᴀʀɢɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ꜱᴀꜰᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴏᴠɪɴɢ ᴇʟꜱᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴄʏᴄʟᴇ. ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴏꜱᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛꜱ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀʙɪʟɪᴛɪᴇꜱ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, ɴᴏᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ 8 ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏꜱʜᴀʀᴀɴ ꜱʏꜱᴛᴇᴍ (ᴀꜱꜱᴜᴍɪɴɢ 3 ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴘᴇʀ ᴘʟᴀɴᴇᴛ, ᴍɪɴᴜꜱ ᴄʀᴏᴄᴏᴅɪʟᴇ) ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴏᴅɪᴜᴍ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴀʀɢᴇᴛ ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛʟʏ, ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ɪɴᴄʀᴇᴀꜱᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ꜱᴜᴄᴄᴇꜱꜱꜰᴜʟ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ. ʙᴀꜱᴇᴅ ᴏɴ ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ, ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏꜱʜᴀʀᴀɴ ꜱʏꜱᴛᴇᴍ ᴀʀᴇ:

ʀᴏꜱʜᴀʀ: ᴀxᴏʟᴏᴛʟ, ʜᴇʀᴏɴ, ???
ʙʀᴀɪᴢᴇ: ᴄʀᴏᴄᴏᴅɪʟᴇ, ???, ???
ᴀꜱʜʏɴ: ᴏꜱᴛʀɪᴄʜ, ᴋᴀɴɢᴀʀᴏᴏ, ꜱᴄᴏʀᴘɪᴏɴ

6 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

ᴀ ʀᴇᴍɪɴᴅᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏɴᴏʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏꜱʜᴀʀᴀɴ ꜱʏꜱᴛᴇᴍ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍᴀʀɢɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ꜱᴀꜰᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴏᴠɪɴɢ ᴇʟꜱᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴄʏᴄʟᴇ. ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴏꜱᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛꜱ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀʙɪʟɪᴛɪᴇꜱ,

Almost, thought Tenth, as though people moving out of the Rosharan system was good anyway. It provided cover for Honour, and obscured targets. No one really wanted Odium unchained, free to bring his powers to bear on everyone. 

You never saw the deepfish when it swam among the gleamings.

13 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏꜱʜᴀʀᴀɴ ꜱʏꜱᴛᴇᴍ ᴀʀᴇ:

ʀᴏꜱʜᴀʀ: ᴀxᴏʟᴏᴛʟ, ʜᴇʀᴏɴ, ???
ʙʀᴀɪᴢᴇ: ᴄʀᴏᴄᴏᴅɪʟᴇ, ???, ???
ᴀꜱʜʏɴ: ᴏꜱᴛʀɪᴄʜ, ᴋᴀɴɢᴀʀᴏᴏ, ꜱᴄᴏʀᴘɪᴏɴ

I subtly claimed Roshar earlier, suppose I might as well make it more obvious. I can confirm that Old Man Ax and Heron are here too. 

I am very surprised we managed to take out one of Odium’s forces this quickly. Sadly, I cannot claim to have helped, but I am glad it happened either way. I wonder if this suggests that the others on Braize are Odious as well. 

In a deviation from prose poems
I shall write standard poetry to show them
The rules, quite so clear
In a form much held dear
Perhaps they’ll all take notice then.

Prudence, Shard of Wisdom, Shard of Grace,
Allows Private Messages without the world to face
Upon its mighty choices we all do depend.
The gift of secret conversations is a veritable godsend.

We may never know the identity of our wonderful benefactor
As it can choose to let the Voice of God initiate conversations
Unless the conversation involves more than 3 people.
Otherwise, Prudence can stay out of the nation.

I recommend that Prudence avoid revealing its identity
For the Champions will slay you in a heartbeat
To keep this potent village weapon out of control.
So for your own sake, keep secret the initiator of your feats.

Autonomy makes aspects on vast worlds of glory
Using them as puppets and vote placers
To win, it must have one on each world and roleblock them all with Shardic abilities
Of course, there are nine Shardworlds, so assuming worst case, Autonomy will take more than nine cycles to win.
Notably, the Shardic action can be achieved many times, until all actions have been used.
Obtaining victory will be difficult, but hopefully achievable with time.
More of your aspects can vote in the day or roleblock at night if you direct them.
You can communicate through your aspects on every Shardworld they are on.

Inventing creations, give one-use, grant extra actions, extra grants using one, give created inventions.

Unlike all the rest, Survival stands apart
Without the actions that distinguish all the rest
It starts with many lives but just one heart
And each day it must vote or put its existence to the test.

Notably, like other neutral Shards
Survival must act upon two of each side.
But while this lengthy process may be hard,
Let analysis and logic be your guide.

The following Shards are irrevocably broken
And all that they have has been taken.
Now they are merely Investiture and existence
Without the power that gave it persistence.

Honor is deceased.
Binds Odium to Roshar.
Protection fails.

Honor’s Invested
Protects someone in the night
Saves everybody.

To Honor, advice:
Stay away from Odium
Flee Roshar posthaste.

Devotion charges roles and items for free,
Granting some charges between one and three
If the Investee has more than one item or role
RNG decides, that god with no soul.

Dominion with words of idle divinity
Grants the Invested power over votes.
So convincing, making them lay down their arms
Or bare them, depending on your note.

Once you were great, but now you are nothing. Once you had wants, but now you are empty, Shades adrift on the wind.
You offer knowledge. Intricate beautiful information that you used to crave knowing but now you simply know, secrets whispered and have been.

I flee now for dreams sweet in sea major,
For it is far past time for mine own sleep.
I did not want to be a stranger,
But that has cost me much and deep.
I offer you a wish of pleasant dreams
With a vaguely horrifying theme
All to torment you in rheme.

45 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

I am very surprised we managed to take out one of Odium’s forces this quickly. Sadly, I cannot claim to have helped, but I am glad it happened either way. I wonder if this suggests that the others on Braize are Odious as well. 

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg. I'm not feeling this part of the message. 

Reading wayyyyyy too much into things is my speciality, but- 

"I am glad it happened anyways" is an obvious statement that need not be said by anyone who truly feels the same way.

"Suggests that the others on Braize are Odious as well" plants seeds of doubt into the minds of those who actually do be searching for the Odiuminions. 

Just my thoughts - as those might just as well be yours. 

Edited by Opal Lion
Spelling

51 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

[OOC:

You know, I would have been more inclined to be slightly less inclined to think the other Braized Ones are evil, but in truth, if they RNGesused for initial planet distributions, we're sod out of luck anyway, this is El, she's probably already shaking her head at me even daring to broach this line of reasoning, if Araris is playing (I can see you reading the thread anyway), I just gained disapproval points with Araris, and, the main reason I'm not in RP speak right now (not because of disapproval because sorry guys, I signed up to have fun, RP lets me have fun, different strokes for different folks) -

Is to say-

Spoiler

4s3r99.jpg

I do not for the slightest second believe she would not troll the chulls out of us just because she can. You hear that, Cursor of Doom? I don't trust you where trolling is concerned >:(

Edited to add: Logic tells me that too many Odiants on Braize are unlikely - voting firepower and all. If there really are more Odiants of the two remaining on Braize, then we'll want to cross-reference that against the D1 events. Bus is not unlikely but bussing tells us something about the Elim team TTPs which is nevertheless informative. Anyway that's the logic end. Fear of Wilson and El's troll capacities has me shivering in a ball in the corner of my cupboard because holychullwhatwilltheydoeven]

Edited by Azure Mouse

4 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

(OOC: If a Shard gets passed on to somebody of a different alignment, do they keep their original alignment or get the original alignment of the Shard?)

[OOC: Someone tell the Odiants it totally changes the recipient's alignment. Please get Odium to do this, thanks! :D]

1 minute ago, Azure Mouse said:

[OOC: Someone tell the Odiants it totally changes the recipient's alignment. Please get Odium to do this, thanks! :D]

I will relay the message!

EDIT:

My. Internet. Will. Always. Double. Post. Unless. I'm. Careful. 

Edited by Opal Lion

7 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

(OOC: If a Shard gets passed on to somebody of a different alignment, do they keep their original alignment or get the original alignment of the Shard?)

As per the rules:

If a neutral Shard is passed to a different player, that player’s win condition does not change. Neutral win cons are bound to the original player with the Shard, and do not pass on.

(This is also true of Honor and Odium, I just wanted to get the concise one. :P)

Also, speaking of the rules, I've spent the afternoon/evening updating, clarifying, and generally improving the ruleset. While there's a few clarifications still to be added, the vast majority have been done - so if in doubt, check there first. :P

2 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

[OOC: I mean, you can tell them twice, I'm chill with that :P ]

Ah, see, but once? They'll believe me! twice however...that starts to venture into dangerous territorry...

EDIT: 

-_-.

I'm about ready to commit death up in here

Edited by Opal Lion

1 minute ago, Elbereth said:

As per the rules:

(This is also true of Honor and Odium, I just wanted to get the concise one. :P)

Also, speaking of the rules, I've spent the afternoon/evening updating, clarifying, and generally improving the ruleset. While there's a few clarifications still to be added, the vast majority have been done - so if in doubt, check there first. :P

[OOC: Alas, my attempt to shamelessly scam people will have to retreat into the shadows for silence... :( )

40 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

As per the rules:

So no hot potato games of adding everyone to the elim doc. This is good to know.

1 minute ago, Elbereth said:

DEFINITELY NOT.

[OOC: I've always said you can't just up and conscript people from a completely different department into your department, Kevin! It's not the job they signed up for! That's not how it works! I applaud this decision on the part of the wise and beneficient GMs - I'd be miffed to get saddled with a job that doesn't fit the job description of the one I signed up for.

No, I'm not still as bitter as crushed ibuprofen about it, and saltier than soy sauce, why do you ask? >> :ph34r:]