Anniversary Game 7/Anonymous Game 9: From Embers, A Flame

Elbereth

18 hours ago, Sage Kangaroo said:

I think that them claiming has quite a few advantages for the village, even if it does help the elims as well. After all, neutral posts can be ignored when analyzing and village abilities wouldn't be wasted on neutrals if they claimed. I guess it essentially comes down to whether you think it's more valuable for the elims to know not to kill two players or if it's more valuable for the village to not waste time/abilities on two neutrals.

"whoa whoaa got some things to be told bout dis, hol up buddy. as wise old Bucket oer here says, Mistah A can block the big O kills! thats someone big O might wanna remove. aaand as for the poor fella just wishin ta stay alive, well big O might try to hit them and it waste a kill or more. now dontchu go prancing about with absoloot disregard for them fellas that don't wanna involve themsaylves in this battle. nah tell me who likes to be be ignored eh? we in no way can try n guess them fellas intentions. heckk i've seen neutrals actually tryna help us village more often than not. seriously thouw, wouldya willingly work for big bad O? ya know, we need to pull em to our side, kill em with kindness and the like, big O can go use fear, naww not the way to gain loyalty. seee what im tryna say is, they be possibilities that them fellas just honestly, genuinely, legitly tryna solve this case as village! aint no heckin reason to ignore em at all!"

"me im personally feelin ill about that Crocodile fella. juusht when them killin' talks began, comes he yammerin on about poke votes and the like. shuure kanga fella gave reason to his vote, but heyyy if the vote feels iffy for axot-axtlot aah heck that axe fella, sir bucketts, yeah if he feels iffy about kangas vote, shuure as heck he can vote! now where does poke vote come around from outta nowhere landing on the ground. votes with reason aint gon be immune to shcrutinaz - schrutinizashun, yeah?

"prudence! be a dear and kindly let me talk to that hyena fellow. i feel like i know them aaand of course, im gon hafta give them some tips about poetry as well. we drunkards rhyme more often than lotsa other people. penguins a mime."

On a market on a very different world, Tenth of the Dusk strode out from the shadow of a teahouse. The Frozen Moon was, he had been told time and again, a perfectly respectable teahouse. As it turned out, it was neither: this Frozen Moon had, an old scholar had informed him, been built from the charred ruins of the previous iteration. Something about a ruthless Emperor and a rebellion. Tenth hadn't paid the Grand or his ramblings much mind. Neither had he much of an eye for tea, though those here seemed to swear by it. 

Some noise, but Tenth knew about noise. He knew about the trapper's patience. He knew about waiting for the silt to settle, so you could see if you had a creel full of fish or glintfangs. You didn't want glintfangs: they were bad to eat, but with pretty scales and easier to catch than the fish. He'd known trappers fall for it: one of Sori's many traps. They died slowly. Glintfang poisoning was never a good way to die.

There were few good deaths, in the Pantheon.

He holstered the crossbow he was carrying. At least one thing about the Empire: they made good crossbows here. Light, and some of the repeating ones he'd seen for sale could've punched through a Rosharan chull's carapace. He did not doubt his quarry would not be caught by such rude tricks, though. The Alethi man was cunning and he'd been told repeatedly that the Alethi man had a knack for survival. After all, had he not survived more battles than most lighteyes could claim to?

Kaikoa was flying overhead, somewhere: for a moment, an image pushed into Tenth's head. Someone someplace else; he caught a glimpse of more people than Tenth had seen in all his life on First of the Sun, and then the contact was gone. But he thought he knew what Kaikoa was showing him. Who Kaikoa was showing him. He would have to keep his eye on that other as well. [OOC: Turquoise Gorilla.]

17 minutes ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

"me im personally feelin ill about that Crocodile fella. juusht when them killin' talks began, comes he yammerin on about poke votes and the like. shuure kanga fella gave reason to his vote, but heyyy if the vote feels iffy for axot-axtlot aah heck that axe fella, sir bucketts, yeah if he feels iffy about kangas vote, shuure as heck he can vote! now where does poke vote come around from outta nowhere landing on the ground. votes with reason aint gon be immune to shcrutinaz - schrutinizashun, yeah?

Violet said something about hasty votes being a problem. Having skimmed the posts that started the discussion, I figured as I was writing my post that Violet was referring at least in part to the poke votes that had appeared earlier on, since the vote that Violet was responding to was not what I would call hasty. 

And no, of course votes with reason aren't immune to scrutiny, but attacking someone for voting with a reason because they were "hasty" just kind of doesn't make sense? 

5 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

*cough* Why not? It's as much *cough* of a reason as anything else.

Er... well I guess? I mean, you do you I suppose :P but I think past D1 it's probably not a great idea to tell people who give reasons for their votes that they're being "hasty", since then it makes everyone a little less likely to vote. And from what I've seen in recent games, we need more people to vote, not less.

I don't think that any vote with little reasoning this early on should be under as much stress as this seems to be. It's early on! Votes will be hasty, they'll be kinda dumb reasoning. I'd find any vote that might have too much reason to be telling. of what? who knows. Kind of how, a while back, I tried to take up pottery, and with each piece you can tell something about the person who made them. I was never good at that...but I'm sure someone could do it. 

Wasn't that good with pottery either. Bet that's what everyone could tell from my peices.

Anyways- I've seen one too many people hide sinister plans behind smiles,  Mauve.  Just like back when-

when...I...

I'm not sure. But uh, trust me! it's definitely happened. and I can remember. clearly. 

--

Remy was getting bored again. this 'fishing' thing turned out to be the useless-t of them all, and he had wasted...much more time than some other activities he'd tried. Out of all of them, bead fishing was in solid last place, miles behind Drawing. He just couldn't seem to get that right. 

Shadesmar was getting old, and it was time to move on. He was thinking...Roshar? not a particular connection he felt, just a tidbit in a help column he saw. 

Well, guess he was going to need an umbrella. 

15 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Er... well I guess? I mean, you do you I suppose :P but I think past D1 it's probably not a great idea to tell people who give reasons for their votes that they're being "hasty", since then it makes everyone a little less likely to vote. And from what I've seen in recent games, we need more people to vote, not less.

My *cough* intent was not to brand the vote style and *cough* discount votes. I apologize if it came *cough* across that way. Perhaps my thoughts were a tad *cough* meta for you bunch, but it seemed to me *cough* that Gorilla was an Odium-lover *cough* who saw an easy vote. But I suppose it easily *cough* could have been what they claimed, and I'd have more to think on *cough* if they'd talk more about other things.

Edit: Also, I think *cough* that you're over stating how much 'hasty' was used in *cough* my reasoning. 

*cough*

12 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

Anyways- I've seen one too many people hide sinister plans behind smiles,  Mauve.  Just like back when-

This sounds like *cough* my original vote on Scorpion, one based off a past *cough* grudge and not evidence from now. *cough* Especially strange considering you seem to be *cough* agreeing with Croc in a way. Why jump on this *cough* vote?

Edited by Violet Axolotl

Well, I'll do my best to give you more to consider on me, Violet Axolotl, but I shall make no apology for my attempt to stimulate conversation.

I got a reasonably strong village read on Coral Swan for their post at the top of this page - putting the idea in the head of the eliminators that the neutral shards can't be worked with.

I, likewise, could do with a vote count, but if not provided will tally one myself shortly enough.

1 minute ago, Turquoise Gorilla said:

Well, I'll do my best to give you more to consider on me, Violet Axolotl, but I shall make no apology for my attempt to stimulate conversation.

I don't want *cough* one. It wouldn't be genuine, and *cough* the conversation is among the only we have.

This blasted *cough* cough! Does anyone have a remedy? *cough*

1 hour ago, Violet Axolotl said:

This sounds like *cough* my original vote on Scorpion, one based off a past *cough* grudge and not evidence from now. *cough* Especially strange considering you seem to be *cough* agreeing with Croc in a way. Why jump on this *cough* vote?

Well, I have to be honest, I don't think I was aware mauve had a vote on her already. 

It has little do with past grudges, and more to do with the vibes I get from her. 

Tell me all you want that it's not the best way of going about things, but it's what I have right now. Still on page 4 of the rules, hoping that my friends in shadesmar will awaken and join me :P 

18 hours ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Gʀᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢs, ᴍᴏʀᴛᴀʟs. Nᴏ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʀᴜɴ ᴀᴡᴀʏ. Wʜʏ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴜɴ ᴀᴡᴀʏ? Sᴇʀɪᴏᴜsʟʏ, ʜᴜᴍᴀɴs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇᴍ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ɪᴛ... Wᴏᴜʟᴅ ɪᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴇ ᴀs Mᴏʀᴛ?

I ꜰᴏʀɢᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ʟɪsᴛ sᴏ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜɪɴɢs. I'ᴍ sᴜʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴡɪʟʟ ɢᴏ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ɪꜰ ᴡᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴛʜɪs ʙʏ ᴇᴀʀ.

Mᴇʟᴏɴ Dɪɴɢᴏ, ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘʀᴇsᴇɴᴛ? Tʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴏɴ Kᴀɴɢᴀʀᴏᴏ's sᴜɢɢᴇsᴛs ꜰᴏʀ sʜᴀʀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴄʟᴀɪᴍ?

I’ve finally arrived. I don’t think any Shard should claim, unless of course, you have a master plan. However, I don’t think what they are doing is alignment indicative. I won’t join the removal on them.  

Now here’s my RP, Niru Drash. An insane scholar who is the biggest egomaniac in the Cosmere.

————————————————————————————

“We need your help, Drash,”

I laughed. Idiots.

Who were this people to ask for help from the great Niru Drash? Did they not know that I bowed to none? Did they not know that I didn’t just do simple favors? Did they not know I had the power of life and death in my hand? It would take more than their pleas to get me to help them.

”Why?” I replied curtly. Fiddling with my knife, I began craving out chunks of glass from the table in front of me. They sure like the stuff here in Silverlight didn’t they? That wasn’t a problem, it meant I’d be able to make so many, beautiful statues of my likeness. The city would be blessed with my works of art, maybe they’d see how great they were and finally start worshiping me, as they should.

My bliss was interrupted by the leader of the fools in front of me. A Scadrian man with a large cut across his scalp. He was an Atium misting if I remembered correctly. Poor fool, too bad all the atium was gone, that stuff was fun to play with...

”Odium is making moves. We figured you wouldn’t want him, uh... encroaching on your name...”

”You’re for-get-ting somethiiiiing!” I interrupted. Was it really that hard to remember at least one of my titles? Seriously, “The Man of A Thousand Names” was even one of my titles!

I giggled quietly at my ingenious in naming myself.

The Scadrian man sighed then corrected his mistake. “O’ Knifey One”

”That’s better now,” I replied. That wasn’t my favorite title, but it would do. I did like doing things with knives. Just the thought of them made me squeal in excitement and get the shakes throughout my whole body. Maybe if these idiots didn’t have a good reason to come to me, I could show theeeeeeeeeem... my knifeyness that is. “So, what’s in this arrangement for me?”

”Freedom,” The leader of the group said.

Now that, that was interesting. I giggled some more and licked my lips. Oh boy! This was going to be fuuuuun! I could barely contain my excitement. This people weren’t as stupid as I thought. They sure did know how to bargain! 

“‘Honor is dead, but I’ll see what I can do,’” I said to them. 

I laughed. This truly was an exciting time to be alive

53 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

The attempt would *cough* be most welcome. Provided you *cough* take a sip yourself first, that *cough* is. I'm a paranoid old *cough* man.

Tada! He stabs himself and starts coughing miserably, *cough* it *cough* should *cough* have *cough* opposite *cough* for *cough* you *cough* *cough*. He hand it to you.

Solemnheart lit a fire under the sun, equipment scattered around him. A few of the Taldainian scholars sat with him - although he couldn't read their writing, he could understand their words.

"Has anyone tried this before?" he asked. One scholar nodded halfheartedly. Another gave a more relevant answer - "we have, but we haven't really done anything to study it."

Solemnheart nodded, putting on a pair of gloves. He still couldn't touch the sand without it turning black; according to the scholars this was indicative of him somehow... draining the Investiture of the sand. It would recover in a few hours from the light of the sun, but it was still unnerving to many people. Solemnheart didn't really want to outstay his welcome.

He grabbed a scoop of sand, careful to keep it away from his exposed skin. Then he stuck it in a clay pot and suspended it over the fire.

"You have glass, I've seen it," he said, removing his gloves and preparing a batch of black sand. "But no one has studied glass made from the respective sands? Hmm. At the very least, this is new to me."

That should be long enough. He removed the two pots, letting them sit in the sand. One stayed light, one stayed dark, but they both were quite obviously different. Solid, clear pieces of glass. He cautiously touched the light glass, and it stayed light.

"I'll have to run more tests," he said.

Hey all, just the *cough* friendly old man who's trying to execute *cough* Odium. It's almost night time, and night time is *cough* when sleeping occurs. The votes thus far are *cough* pretty spread out, and for a 27 strong *cough* player list there a lot *cough* of them to begin with. So if @everyone can *cough* take a look and condense a tad, it'd make me *cough* rest easier. I believe there is an unusual amount of *cough* vote manip, and I've around long enough *cough* to know that leaving it this close can *cough* only bring bad things.

*cough* 

Also, I find it disappointing *cough* how many people have stuck to *cough* only telling their stories, and narrating their *cough* lives instead of focusing on the *cough* matter at hand. That's a very easy way for those of *cough* Odium to blend in, which I have *cough* no doubt they're doing. So while all that *cough* is funsies, this old man *cough* wants a more organized exe-*cough*-cution

11 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Hey all, just the *cough* friendly old man who's trying to execute *cough* Odium. It's almost night time, and night time is *cough* when sleeping occurs. The votes thus far are *cough* pretty spread out, and for a 27 strong *cough* player list there a lot *cough* of them to begin with. So if @everyone can *cough* take a look and condense a tad, it'd make me *cough* rest easier. I believe there is an unusual amount of *cough* vote manip, and I've around long enough *cough* to know that leaving it this close can *cough* only bring bad things.

*cough* 

Also, I find it disappointing *cough* how many people have stuck to *cough* only telling their stories, and narrating their *cough* lives instead of focusing on the *cough* matter at hand. That's a very easy way for those of *cough* Odium to blend in, which I have *cough* no doubt they're doing. So while all that *cough* is funsies, this old man *cough* wants a more organized exe-*cough*-cution

I wholeheartedly agree with this bit... Unfortunately, though, the person with the most votes is me, so there's not much I can do to condense. Except... come to think of it, it does seem a bit odd to me that Sage Kangaroo would suggest that the neutral Shards claim. Their identities are not information that we want in the elims hands (who are we kidding, we don't want any info in elim hands :P), and from what I've seen, games are generally set up so that claiming is never beneficial during the first few cycles. Later on and under specific conditions, claiming can be a good strategy, depending on the situation, but it's not a thing to recommend D1.

Is this really just a long-winded way for me to attempt to not die? Well duh, that should be obvious. But in my totally unbiased opinion, the reasoning for exeing Sage is infinitely stronger than the reasoning for exeing me, since the latter is practically nonexistent (I believe the first vote was a poke edit: not quite a poke but it was lending weight to a rather small objection to something I said, and the second was apparently due to "my vibe" and "past grudges", in an anonymous game no less).

Now, I'm getting off for the night 'cause sleep exists, as Violet pointed out. Please try not to kill me too much, okay? Oh, and I might as well mention that I'm on Braize, so my vote counts twice. Maybe Siena wasn't so unlucky to end up there after all...

Edited by Mauve Crocodile