Anniversary Game 7/Anonymous Game 9: From Embers, A Flame

Elbereth

20 hours ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Really amazing poems, Hyena. Pity they're not rule specific. I'll enjoy them all the same.

I'm wounded, my friend. Our friendship's at an end. 
I've put a lot of effort into these rule specific poems.
Alas, this sort of wound is not the type that you can mend.
From you I've been repelled just like a Faerie from the rowan.

I thank you all for the upvotes aplenty
Truly nice to be appreciated thusly
Knowing that my work is loved and cherished
Is a feeling that without which I shall perish.
We now return to our regularly scheduled programming
Of Shardic prose poetry and many animals jamming.

This is what it means to be Endowment:
You give. It is your nature. Maybe you wanted this, maybe you didn’t, but it binds you all the same. You push a piece of your Investiture into everyone, even though they don’t needwantcarecrave it like others do. Like a desperate professor, you beg them to take your powers, take your gifts, take what you endow. Takeittakeittakeittakeittakeittakeittakeit, you beg, and they have no choice.
Your power, an infinite wellspring. You give and give and give and give, and nothing changes. You change people, even if they don’t choose it, twisting their very essence into what you want it to be, what you need it to be, what their planet dictates they should be. 
Relief like glass spreads over your soul, but it shatters so easily. You want you need you crave absence. Take it! you scream, and they have no choice but to obey. It helps, a little. It soothes your soul to alter the people who wander beneath your feet in the image of what they could be. 

This is what it means to be chosen by Endowment:
You did not ask for this, or maybe you did, but She did not ask you to. She offers you life in one hand and death in the other, and you have no choice but to accept. You live, for the moment. You tear yourself apart to consume the Investiture you crave, killing yourself in the end.
She offered you the illusion of choice in a mockery of kindness. You know that She doesn’t understand kindness, that She can’t understand kindness, but you thank Her for the time nonetheless. You, like all things, want to live. She gave you life, for a moment. You wanted to live. You desperately wanted to live. You can’t fault Her for Her flaws when She let you live.
You wander the land as a mockery of yourself, a fossil replaced by Investiture, a gleaming new thing in the image of the old, and can’t help but wonder what it would be like to die.

This is what it means to be Whimsy:
You are a child, or merely child-like, and you hide in boundless curiosity. You wonder. You ponder. You want to know. You can know. You have the power. What if the world had kite magic? What if humans walked on their hands? What if the sky was upside-down? What if the sea was made of chocolate? 
Your power dances through possibility, showing you everything you could be. Boredom pushes you forwards, giving you every power you could ever dream of and making some yourself. You want more. You want more. There are only so many possibilities, after all, and you need variety. You need more.
It’s all so neat. So fascinating. You love it. You loathe it. You tire of it. You are Whimsy. You are mad. 

This is what it means to be chosen by Whimsy:
It did not ask you if you wanted to be changed. Maybe you did, maybe you didn’t, but It did not ask, and you did not answer. It Invested you. Maybe you should be grateful, maybe you are grateful, but you didn’t ask for this. You did not want this. 
You use up Whimsy’s power so quickly, considering you did not want it in the first place. It felt oddwrongstrangebizaaregetitoutoutout while it was within you, but now you feel… empty. Vacant of something burning in your flesh and blood and bone. For a moment, you touched Divinity, and now you are nothing again. You do not want to be nothing. 

This is what it means to be Mercy:
You save people. You help people. You fix people. It is what you do. It is everything you do. You spare people. You leave people. You end people. It is what you do. It is everything you do. You are the first and last refuge of the mad, the damned, the fallen. You are the first and last refuge of the hurt, the sick, the broken.
Your enemy lies fallen at your feet, and you let them live despite their pleas for you to kill them, to let them die with honour and not live on as an abomination. You ignore them. You know what is best, and your enemy should live. They deserve to live well rather than pass into the Beyond to be nothing. They fought well, after all. You have them at your Mercy, and you decide that they shall live.
Your friend lies fallen at your feet, and though it pains your heart, you put them down despite their pleas for you to spare them, that it’s just a broken leg and not something to die over. You ignore them. You know what is best, and your friend should die. They deserve to die painlessly rather than live in agony and permanent struggle. They were your friend, after all. You have them at your Mercy, and you decide that they shall die.
A stranger lies fallen at your feet, and you choose to take their place. You die instead of them. You live instead of them. You take on their wounds and they take on yours. They did not want this. They did not choose this. They did not ask for this. You ignore them. You know what is best, and this stranger should exchange places with you. They deserve to walk in your life as you’ll walk in theirs. They were a stranger, after all. You have them at your Mercy, and you decide that they shall live your life.

This is what it means to be chosen by Mercy:
You fought bravely, but the battle cut you and your squad down until naught remained but you and you alone. You close your eyes and wait for death, but it never comes. The mob comes for you, but it never comes. They scream as they tear you apart, but it never comes. Your body screams in agony, but it never comes. 
You peel your broken, battered body off the ground and stumble away, kept alive by Mercy alone. It would have been kinder just to let you die, but Mercy has never claimed to be kind. It holds a sword to your throat and grins, with you at Its Mercy, and you pray to the gods you don’t believe in for a kindness that will never come.
You live. You wish you didn’t.

This is what it means to be Valor:
You are defined by danger. Always brave in its face, always strong in its grasp. People find you, look for you, tell you how bold you were, how brave you were. You don’t care about the people. You don’t want to care about the people. You are the opposite of cowardice, the standard by which all others are judged, and you require the fight to stay alive. You seek out danger, because what are you without it?
You fight a great war and say, ‘I will kill these monsters.’ You stumble across disaster and say, ‘I will save these people.’ You find people in need and say, ‘I will save you.’ Maybe you want to play the hero, maybe you don’t, but either way, you act. This is what you are. This is what you do. You save people. You kill people. You hurt people. You help people. Even if it costs you, this is what you are. You have no other choice.

This is what it means to be chosen by Valor:
You are untouchable. A God has given you Her favour, and all who dare trespass against you shall be brought down by Her wrath. You did not ask for this, but it is a welcome surprise. She saved you from some horrible fate, or perhaps some wonderful blessing, but either way, none can aid or ail you. 
Your family, friends, and foes depart. They cannot touch you, embrace you, wound you. They flee to escape Her wrath. She cares not for friend or foe, merely for interaction. It would be creepy if She wasn’t a god. It still is a little creepy, but the unnerving sensation you get when she stares at you is lessened by the knowledge that she could tear you apart in a heartbeat. She watches, and you try not to flinch. This is dangerous, but you are brave. You stand strong.

I do agree that we should perhaps consolidate our votes
As rollover lies in wait for us in the morn
And many of us sleep in the hours until that post
That ends the turn and puts us in suspense.

As such, I choose to vote for Sage Kangaroo
Since their point about neutrals' claiming is quite odd.
Others have pointed this out before, but I see it too.
I don't understand why we would want this at all.

At best, I see a misguided villager.
At worst, a monster in disguise.
Odium's Champions are pillagers,
And frankly, this is one of our few leads.

Day One deaths are never guided
By the knowledge that death brings
And though we are misguided
The interactions are quite useful.

I'll write up some more rules on the morrow.
Poetry is time consuming, sadly.
Hopefully, the final piece I'll bestow
But I doubt I'll finish in the near future.

First, *cough* Penguin, please. Thanks. *cough*

Second, Crocodile, *cough* you just *cough did literally the exact reason I *cough* voted Gorilla. But since I'm a bit more *cough* lax and cooled off on *cough* them, this point isn't as strong. Gorilla. For *cough* now.

Third, Crocodile. I don't recall what *cough* the first vote on you was, but the *cough* second was definitely not from past *cough* grudges. At least not totally. *cough* Suffice it to say, this *cough* vote is not because of yours.

Fourth, I have a village read *cough* on Kangaroo despite the *cough* question. Something, maybe experience, tells me Odium's chosen *cough* wouldn't be so obvious. I'm wary of all jumping on *cough* that train, hence my vote on Croc. Hyena doesn't look good to me *cough* either, what with the huge poem fillers with no *cough* game-relevant information, and that added to their vote. *cough*.

...It is my *cough* dearest hope that this *cough* blasted cough is gone in the *cough* morning.

Edit: Whoops, just realized *cough* I was quoted by @Charcoal Hyena. I still fail to see *cough* how the poems are actionwise rule specific as opposed *cough* to a mantra of Shardic Intent. They don't seem to correspond with the actions in the least. *cough* That said, I do enjoy them. That part wasn't a lie. And *cough* ninja'd.

Edited by Violet Axolotl

Just now, Violet Axolotl said:

Hyena doesn't look good to me *cough* either, what with the huge poem fillers with no *cough* game-relevant information added to their vote. *cough*.

Alas, I must confess that my vote does not have much substance,
For I rarely engage in D1 votes, and so I'm trying it just once
And secondly, I will say that I wish to keep the Crocodile
Intact for just a little while
We've conversed a bit, and really, I've grown fond
Of that mauve thing that lurks in ponds.

Besides, I do not like the thought of claim-fishers
Because I simply do not see the point of it at all.
I do not see the point in it, so it's inherently suspicious
And on Day One, I cannot find a better target to maul.

I'll take another look back at the minutes.
I swear, this time I'll pay attention instead of rules analysis.
I'll return with scattered thoughts and a bit more wit
And hopefully no paralysis.

Whoa whoa whoa looks like there are suddenly some votes on me.

27 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

I wholeheartedly agree with this bit... Unfortunately, though, the person with the most votes is me, so there's not much I can do to condense. Except... come to think of it, it does seem a bit odd to me that Sage Kangaroo would suggest that the neutral Shards claim. Their identities are not information that we want in the elims hands (who are we kidding, we don't want any info in elim hands :P), and from what I've seen, games are generally set up so that claiming is never beneficial during the first few cycles. Later on and under specific conditions, claiming can be a good strategy, depending on the situation, but it's not a thing to recommend D1.

Okay first of all, I disagree with the "who are we kidding, we don't want any info in elim hands" bit. Information sharing should be evaluated from case to case basis. Also, it's not a good idea to evaluate this based on other games, and I'm not sure why you're doing so. I also find it odd that you are not stating why you believe that them claiming is a bad idea. 

14 minutes ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

As such, I choose to vote for Sage Kangaroo
Since their point about neutrals' claiming is quite odd.
Others have pointed this out before, but I see it too.
I don't understand why we would want this at all.

I believe I have already stated why I believe it is a good idea:

I can see why people would disagree with me on this, but I'm not sure why people are jumping on me over this. Regardless, I would like to actually get some discussion on the pros/cons going.

8 minutes ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

We've conversed a bit, and really, I've grown fond
Of that mauve thing that lurks in ponds.

Explain to this wizened old *cough* fellow how you've conversed when the rules clearly state *cough*:

Players may request PMs in the thread, and Prudence will let the GM know at the end of the turn which PMs they will allow.

As it is still *cough* the thick of the first day, outside conversings aren't possible. *cough* I assume the actions and items that can create private *cough* conversations are in fact actions which resolve end of *cough* turn, so unless you both happen to *cough* be on Silverlight- *cough* making Croc's Braize claim invalid- I smell a lie. *cough*

Edit: Or I *cough* read the Shadesmar message rules *cough* wrong.

Edited by Violet Axolotl

4 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Explain to this wizened old *cough* fellow how you've conversed when the rules clearly state *cough*:

As it is still *cough* the thick of the first day, outside conversings aren't possible. *cough* I assume the actions and items that can create private *cough* conversations are in fact actions which reslove end of *cough* turn, so unless you both happen to *cough* be on Silverlight- *cough* making Croc's Braize claim invalid- I smell a lie. *cough*

This confusion was something Tenth of the Dusk had shared. On Sel, the other worldhopper [OOC: Turquoise Gorilla] had also claimed that the Shard Prudence was capable of approving in-thread PMs instantaneously. Tenth had questioned him on it. After all, was it not known that Prudence took at least a day to establish communications? But then a voice had spoken, from the sky, as thunder [OOC: @little wilson] and had confirmed that the worldhopper spoke truthfully.

Tenth was still trying to make sense of things. He found the other worldhopper's mannerisms a little strange: after all, all knew [OOC: cf. ruleset] about that quirk of Prudence's powers. He suspected from what the thunderous voice had said that the worldhopper had conferred with that voice, though whether in private or in odious company, [OOC: PM or doc] Tenth did not know. He did not have strong reasons to think one way or another, only a lingering sense of unease.

Nightmaws lurked, here.

1 minute ago, Sage Kangaroo said:

I can see why people would disagree with me on this, but I'm not sure why people are jumping on me over this. Regardless, I would like to actually get some discussion on the pros/cons going.

I can try. Not a fan of the votes piling on Sage for trying to promote discussion, basically. feels like an easy mislynch that people jump on. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding this, and these votes were to promote discussion, but I see them just saying that Sage is wrong, without much debate happening. 

First question: Why not mention Invention? they are, like Autonomy and Survival, a neutral party. Yet you only name those two? 

I think that them claiming is...scary, from a village perspective.

And from an Elim perspective. 

So! they claim. then what? what's the point in having this information? well, it narrows down one suspect. it also gives an open shot for the Elims, in my opinion, to get an extra vote. this is all dependent on how these particular players like playing Neutral slots, but to win they all need to target two Elims and two Villagers. It would definitely be easy for an Elim to reach out, and offer two names and a stay of excecution for them to play along. Of course there's the problem where the Neutral could end up siding with village, but what's the fun in that!

As an Elim, I would be worried that me saying this would mean villagers might try this plan, no? Well, Shards are pretty easily confirmed. so worry not, Dear Odium ;) 

7 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

This confusion was something Tenth of the Dusk had shared. On Sel, the other worldhopper [OOC: Turquoise Gorilla] had also claimed that the Shard Prudence was capable of approving in-thread PMs instantaneously. Tenth had questioned him on it. After all, was it not known that Prudence took at least a day to establish communications? But then a voice had spoken, from the sky, as thunder [OOC: @little wilson] and had confirmed that the worldhopper spoke truthfully.

Well! *cough* I'm aghast! @Prudence, have you *cough* really ignored my requests so? Just a poor old *cough* man wanting discussion with a drunk elephant and a coral swan :( 

1 minute ago, Sage Kangaroo said:

Promotes discussion, giving us all some information
Reveals information, letting village clear two people
Offers us some allies, if they side with us, which is a big if.
Saves us a bit of time, which is nice, if risky

Counts on veracity, allows elims to identify useless targets, which is the argument against claiming vanilla, I believe
Offers elims some allies that are easy to keep. Survival can be swayed with promises of staying alive, Autonomy's win-con also requires long life, if they are both "cleared", they won't be lynched.
No way to verify identities without wasting what little time we saved and killing the Shards, which disincentives the claim in the first place.
So many ways this could go wrong.

To summarise, the benefits all depend on honesty and the Shards siding with us.
These assumptions are really quite a stretch, though I think it was helpful to discuss.
I swore a vow to have a D1 vote
And I won't wake up in time to note
The changing winds, so I'll just leave my vote here, please don't make a fuss.

2 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

First question: Why not mention Invention? they are, like Autonomy and Survival, a neutral party. Yet you only name those two? 

I believe this is because Invention can Invest
In Chosen Ones to pass on the Shard's power
So when Invention passes on towards its final rest
Odium's Champions can take it and all will cower.

16 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

As it is still *cough* the thick of the first day, outside conversings aren't possible. *cough* I assume the actions and items that can create private *cough* conversations are in fact actions which reslove end of *cough* turn, so unless you both happen to *cough* be on Silverlight- *cough* making Croc's Braize claim invalid- I smell a lie. *cough*

I point you towards the Mouse's post
But I cannot confirm without permission
And since Mauve has gone to bed
You'll have to wait within perdition.

(Ah, I have been ninja'd. How strange, like being hit with cod)

I depart for the sweet embrace of slumber.
Farewell, I hope I'll return in time for night.
Alas, for darkness my mind hungers,
And I fear I will not return in time.

Good night. May I see you again on the morn. 
I hope you do not kill me out of spite, for I would mourn.

Just now, Violet Axolotl said:

...The Shards are *cough* are just roles. Statistically there will be much *cough* more village aligned Shards. Of course they'd side with *cough* themselves.

'Twas speaking of the neutral Shards, as that was the topic at hand.
I hope you have not been confused by your illness, my estranged friend.

I don't feel like I have enough information yet to be able to make a decision about who to execute. If only I could see into the future, like with Atium but much farther. Hmmm... an F tin/A atium twinborn would be able to store up future sight and tap it as intensely as needed, but you'd need a lot of atium to be able to see far enough into the future to get information about who's on Odium's side. Oh yes! Odium! I completely forgot about that for a moment. I'm in favor of starting to search for him and his champions as soon as possible, but I'm not that good at reading people. (OOC: This is true both in character and out of character) Having neutral shards claim seems like too clear of a bad idea for somebody on Odium's side to try to pass as an honest, good suggestion and not in favor of a death penalty for bad ideas, so I don't think I'll vote on that weirdly green kangaroo. 

Double post but I'm the GM and a moderator and this is important so fight me :))))

CLARIFICATION ABOUT PRUDENCE PMs. I understand that there is a part in the rules that says Prudence will tell us at the end of the turn which PMs they are approving. This will be removed, because Prudence can let us know about PM approvals whenever (I mentioned that at the beginning of the turn, but I hadn't realized at the time there was this contradiction and it has since been pointed out to me by an astute player) and we will create the approved PMs immediately (pending our seeing the approval, that is).

This should, in theory, make rollovers slightly less hectic, since we won't need to create potentially tens or even hundreds of PMs on top of other things. Aint nobody got time for that. Pfft. Anyway. PMs. They are not approved solely at the end of the turn. Unless Prudence chooses to do that.

EDIT: OTHER CLARIFICATIONS (because I don't want to triple post, even though I could but that just seems egregious lets be honest here)

Shards could've started with items. This does not mean Shards did start with items, but they could've.

All players can have a maximum of three items at the end of the turn. If you have more than three items, you will need to pass items or discard them. You can keep empty items, in hopes of recharging them through Devotion or Roshar. The item check takes place after item passing, but before item receiving, so if you discard or pass down to 3 items and someone else passes you an item, and you end up with 4, you will not be penalized for that. You will simply have to discard or pass down to 3 the following turn. I understand this could lead to intentional passing to people so they're over 3 through receiving, and I'm willing to accept that. Just don't get too egregious with that? Maybe?

Lastly, we are proactively clarifying everything so if you have any questions or see somethign that looks like a contradiction, please ask, here or in your PMs or world docs or evvvviiiilllll doc and we'll clarify. If it's in a doc, please bold that question. That'll help us see it easier. (Also, the rules are so complicated that when we see what looks like a misinterpretation, we're correcting it, so deceive at your own peril. :))))) )

[OOC: 9m bored and i dont wanna rp rn so here you go, after an ode to Prudence:

Sendung mit der Maus #2

Bravely bold Sir Brockett
Rode forth to Alethkar
He was not afraid to die
Oh brave Sir Brockett
He was not at all afraid to cough and defenestrate
*cough* *cough* *cough* *cough* Sir Brockett

He was not in the least bit scared
To brave the daily mob.
Or to put the others to trial
And question their answers
To have his honesty
Challenged and then quarantined
And his *cough* soul trapped in lockdown
Brave Sir Brockett

His ankle tagged
And his face well-masked
And his *cough* *cough* *cough*
And his nostrils all swabbed
And his *cough* *cough* *cough*
And *cough* *cough* *cough* *cough*
*cough* *cough* *cough* *cough* *cough*

*cough* *cough* *cough* *cough* Sir Brockett!]

OOC: @ me if you want a song parody of yourself and if I'm bored, I'll oblige
@ Prudence if I write you another parody, will you give me some PMs with anyone? :P 

1 hour ago, Magenta Albatross said:

I don't feel like I have enough information yet to be able to make a decision about who to execute. If only I could see into the future, like with Atium but much farther. Hmmm... an F tin/A atium twinborn would be able to store up future sight and tap it as intensely as needed, but you'd need a lot of atium to be able to see far enough into the future to get information about who's on Odium's side. Oh yes! Odium! I completely forgot about that for a moment. I'm in favor of starting to search for him and his champions as soon as possible, but I'm not that good at reading people. (OOC: This is true both in character and out of character) Having neutral shards claim seems like too clear of a bad idea for somebody on Odium's side to try to pass as an honest, good suggestion and not in favor of a death penalty for bad ideas, so I don't think I'll vote on that weirdly green kangaroo. 

"Hmmmhmmmm rubs me off wrong this 'un. neva felt good bout them people sayin they not good at readin others. feel like they beein deliberately aloof. might be attributed to character they playin' buut might be overplayin that a bit. heyyy! tell us all a story bout a mouse named lorry"

hello!! i have returned!! or maybe i was always here?? you will never know!! 

okay but seriously though, what is going on???

i do think that neutral shards shouldn't feel like they have to claim. part of the fun is getting to decide how they want to play, which team to support!! hard to do that if everyone's telling you what to do. :(

also, can we please not have the do we vote on c1 debate again?? thank you!!

also also, i did a thing!!

mauve crocodile (3): opal lion, sapphire elephant, violet axolotl
chartreuse penguin (1): quartz zebra
melon dingo (1): amethyst scorpion
sage kangaroo (3): turquoise gorilla, mauve crocodile, charcoal hyena
scarlet octopus (1): mint heron

and now, i vote we exe mauvy crocy. mostly because i don't think our pal the kangaroo has done much to anyone yet, and i just don't like how that counterlynch came out of nowhere.

As the discussions went on, and the worldhoppers began to suggest candidates for mobbing, Tenth wondered if it was better to know who was on Braize and who was on First of the Sun. Perhaps not everyone, but it certainly seemed relevant where any attempt to make sense of the voting was concerned. (Voting. They did things differently, off First of the Sun, but Tenth was still struggling to wrap his mind around the custom of voting for who you most wanted to kill instead of doing it yourself. After all, the Father had taught him this: if you wanted to kill a man, it was best he didn't see you coming.)

Tenth's first vote for Vatorr Maj [OOC: Saffron Iguana] had gone overlooked, and to be honest, perhaps it was for the better. It was a single vote, and he was as the field mouse. Tenth did not pretend to anything else. He did not pretend his vote would condemn Maj, not when the voices had turned against two others [OOC: Sage Kangaroo and Mauve Crocodile.] He had kept his silence, unwilling to turn attention to something that did not matter, but as Tenth thought about the voting, it came to mind, and he thought he may as well say it. He was not especially willing at this point to condemn another, but he also did not feel particularly strongly about the discussions that had ensued thus far. One way or another, he needed information, and Patji had taught him the value of caution and watchful waiting. Patji had, in a way, taught him everything about the long hunt.

Sometimes, you had to test the water, to decide if there were deepwalkers below. Shadows beneath. Father, Tenth wasn't sure, but it was the best he had to go on.

2 hours ago, Opal Lion said:

And from an Elim perspective. 

It would definitely be easy for an Elim to reach out, and offer two names and a stay of excecution for them to play along. Of course there's the problem where the Neutral could end up siding with village, but what's the fun in that!

Sage did mention Invention, implying that their item creation ability and as Charcoal says their ability to choose a successor by Investing might make them a target and thus shouldn't claim. Elim Sage likely wouldn't prioritize the death of neutral Shards to the extent of encouraging them to claim. Seeking an alliance or goodwill is a more likely elim motive, but Invention would be a more helpful partner than Survival if that were true.

I will say that an elim claiming to a neutral and threatening to kill them if they don't comply comes too close to blackmail. I would hope that doesn't happen.

I don't like that we've locked between Sage and Mauve. Villagers are more likely to make controversial suggestions. Mauve started off complaining about poke votes, which Turquoise's vote for Sage was not, but then expands that to not wanting to hear about the efficacy of having a D1 vote even if there's little evidence, which is a discussion Turquoise and Violet were having and does come up frequently in games. Mauve fearing for their life more than twelve hours before rollover and jumping on Sage is a better reason for the Mauve vote; I have seen elims panic like that and controversial suggestion doesn't equal ill intent. Villagers afraid for not having a team's support can also exhibit a fear response, but as a double voter, this is less likely and there's more of a responsibility to find a good vote target. Actual vote will come before rollover, Enoras decided.

If this vote and any other votes are close, is it worthwhile to reveal the relevant players on Braize and First of the Sun? That does give away potentially harmful information, but Odium already learns the players in the Rosharan system every night and the elims have better knowledge about what planets people are on in general.

@Prudence may I have three PMs? Enoras tapped Fortune and felt pulled towards individuals known only by the colors Sage, Mauve and Opal. Could those connections mean anything? They decided that it did. Never too early to start trusting the inner workings of the cosmere.

10 hours ago, Melon Dingo said:

I’ve finally arrived. I don’t think any Shard should claim, unless of course, you have a master plan. However, I don’t think what they are doing is alignment indicative. I won’t join the removal on them. 

ᴛʜᴀɴᴋꜱ ᴅɪɴɢᴏ.

ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴛᴀʟꜱ ɪɴꜱɪꜱᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ꜱᴜᴄʜ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ꜱᴏᴜɴᴅꜱ ᴡʜᴇɴ ꜰʟᴀᴘᴘɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴊᴀᴡꜱ. ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ꜱʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʙᴇ ᴀʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴅᴀᴄʜᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴏɴ.

ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴛᴀʟᴋ ᴏꜰ ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴜᴛʀᴀʟ ꜱʜᴀʀᴅꜱ ᴄʟᴀɪᴍ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡʟᴇᴅɢᴇ ʜᴇʟᴘꜱ ʙᴏᴛʜ ꜱɪᴅᴇꜱ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛʟʏ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴀ ᴛᴀʀɢᴇᴛ ʀɪᴄʜ ᴇɴᴠɪʀᴏɴᴍᴇɴᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴏᴅɪᴜᴍ, ᴀɴᴅ 2-3 ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀꜱ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴄᴇꜱꜱᴀʀɪʟʏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴀɴʏ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀ ᴠɪʟʟᴀɢᴇ ᴛᴏ ɴᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴏᴘᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴍᴏᴠᴀʟ ᴛᴀʀɢᴇᴛ. ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ɪᴛ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀꜱ ᴇɪᴛʜᴇʀ ᴡᴀʏ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴜɢɢᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ꜱᴜꜱᴘɪᴄɪᴏᴜꜱ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜱᴛᴀɢᴇ.

ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜʟᴇꜱ ɪ ɴᴏᴛɪᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʜᴏɴᴏʀ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛꜱ ᴏɴ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀɴᴇᴛ ᴏᴜᴛꜱɪᴅᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏꜱʜᴀʀᴀɴ ꜱʏꜱᴛᴇᴍ, ᴏʀ ᴍᴏᴠᴇꜱ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ɪᴛ, ᴏᴅɪᴜᴍ ɪꜱ ᴜɴᴀʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀʀɢᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴜꜱ ɪꜱ ᴜɴᴀʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏꜱʜᴀʀᴀɴ ꜱʏꜱᴛᴇᴍ, ᴜɴʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴇɪᴛʜᴇʀ ɢᴇᴛ ʜᴏɴᴏʀ ʀᴇᴍᴏᴠᴇᴅ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴏʀ ʙʏ ᴜꜱɪɴɢ ᴀ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴋɪʟʟ. ɪᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ꜱᴜʀᴘʀɪꜱᴇ ᴍᴇ ɪꜰ ᴛʜɪꜱ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ɢʟᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛ ɪᴛᴇᴍꜱ ʙᴜᴛ ɢᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ ᴏᴅɪᴜᴍ ᴀ ʀᴇʟɪᴀʙʟᴇ ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴋɪʟʟ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴅ ᴏᴅɪᴜᴍꜱ. 

ɪ'ᴍ ᴀʟꜱᴏ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ɪꜰ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ ᴏᴅɪᴜᴍ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ꜱʟɪɢʜᴛʟʏ ʟᴀʀɢᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀᴠᴇʀᴀɢᴇ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ ᴅᴜᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴜᴛʀᴀʟ ꜱʜᴀʀᴅꜱ ᴀʟʟ ʀᴇǫᴜɪʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀʀɢᴇᴛ ᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀꜱᴛ 2 ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ ᴏᴅɪᴜᴍ ᴀᴛ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ.