Theory Thursday

Frustration

There are many theories in circulation on the cite and to commemorate the best of them I give you Theory Thursday.

About

Spoiler

Theory Thursday staff will choose a weekly winner chossen every Thursday for the best theory, based on evidence and logic used.

And the winner will be displayed here in an archive of the best theories.

After Theories die down this thread will be put in Hybernation until a new book is Published, and we will start a new seaseon.

Purpose

Spoiler

Theory Thursday is ment to encourage and reward theorising, as well as to make it easier for members to view noteworthy theories.

Requirements

Spoiler

The only requirements are that the theory have it's own thread, so as to make linking it easier.

The Staff of Theory Thursday will look for and judge individual theories for their merit.

A 'Theory Thursday' tag on the topic will make it much easier for our staff to find your theory.

A theory does not have to be made in the week it it selected.

RoW Season

Spoiler

Congratulations to @CogitoErgoArclo for their theory on The Origin of the Unmade and Sin of the Singers, the first ever theory of the week.

Week two winner is @LewsTherinTelescope's notes on the recreance

@Serack's theory  on a Rosharan Shard trap won week 3

Week 4 has been won by @Koloss17  With their theory on Deadeyes and the Shaod.

Week 5 has been Won by @Honorspring and their Theories on Color

Week 6 goes to @Ciridae with Ulim's mixed Investiture

@Lesser spren wins week 7 with their theory on Implications of the Splintering of Devotion and Dominion, 

@teknopathetic wins week 8 with their theory on the Heralds

@KandraAllomancer wins week nine with their theory on BAM and duralumin

@LewsTherinTelescope wins week ten with their theory on SUrgebinding and Dawnshards

@Child of Hodor wins week eleven with their theory on Ishar's Lab

@voxtruth wins week twelve with thier theory on Horneaters and Cultivation

That concludes our RoW Season, we look forward to joining you again with tLM

Edited by Frustration

The 17S forum isn't for book discussion, so I will move this to Cosmere Discussion or something, but note that that means it could not have Rhythm of War stuff. If you would prefer it in the RoW cosmere area, that can be done.

29 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The 17S forum isn't for book discussion, so I will move this to Cosmere Discussion or something, but note that that means it could not have Rhythm of War stuff. If you would prefer it in the RoW cosmere area, that can be done.

Probably better to go in RoW for now

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

Yay! Thank you! I will say that my theory was shared with others on the shard and elsewhere. It was a conclusion shared by many, I think I just posted first. Thank you nonetheless!

Theories don't do any good unless shared:D

Your welcome Koloss, keep up the good work.

• 7 months later...
10 hours ago, BaconLord said:

Uhh.... doesn't anyone know that Frustration stole the idea for theory thursday from me. 

Plus most of his theories are rip-offs of mine.

If you thought of Theory Thursday or any of my theories before I did, I had no knowledge of them.

As far as I am aware they are all original to me.

EDIT: ok @BaconLord I have gone through your posts and none of your 17th Shard content is anything like Theory Thursday, or any of my theories, so if you do have something similar it's from another platform, and I'm not part of Brandon circles outside of here so I have no way of copying them.

Edited by Frustration