Socially Awkward Bookworms

Tesh

1 minute ago, The Worldookler said:

I think we only need to pretend we're doing an initiation, and if the petitioner backs off we could say he passed. There is more than one kind of socially awkwardness, though, so whatever you say.

Ah, yes, very good point. (And why I originally suggested the smores. But if they get uncomfortable, we immediately switch to the smores and give them a candle as a welcome gift.)

Maybe we should be the Socially Awkward Bookworms Cult at this point...

On the topic of s'mores, this summer I was quarantined, bored, and tried to make s'mores inside my house because I couldn't go to a campfire. None of the methods I used worked very well, so now I'm going to rate and explain them (because they're honestly kind of hilarious). I burst out laughing now whenever I think about the things I did because of my s'mores addiction.

Microwave: 2/10

The chocolate melts fine in the microwave, but the marshmallows become an unholy abomination. They inflate, dry out, and become disgusting. I used a bunch of those tiny marshmallows, and this worked somewhat decently (although they now tasted horrible). However, do not put a normal s'mores-sized marshmallow in a microwave. After I took it out of the microwave, I sat there staring in disappointment at the thing I'd created, vowing to never do it again. 

Holding marshmallow over stovetop: 4/10

Tasted delicious and actually worked pretty well, but I'm an idiot and then let the marshmallow catch on fire. I almost set off the fire alarm and the entire house smelled like smoke for the next hour, even though we opened every single window in the house. Then I got yelled at by my parents. Would not recommend. 

17 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

I've done both of those, and I'd rate them higher than you did. :P

I don't know if it's just me that did it really badly, but it didn't work out well. Honestly the stovetop thing kind of worked until I burned the marshmallow; that's when everything went wrong. 

9 hours ago, Liranil said:

Hello! This group seems to describe me pretty well! :lol: May I also petition to join?

Yes!

7 hours ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Where can I buy these?

(As long as no books were harmed in the making and subsequent burning of them.)

Hm... For initiation...

Candles and maybe some bonfires? And then we roast smores and talk about books and try really hard to just have a fun time?

We need masks. Remember, social distancing??? ;)

7 hours ago, Ookla the Tortured said:

We need masks. Remember, social distancing??? ;)

We should do it in an alternate universe where Covid isn't a thing so all of us with anxiety issues can have a break.

Assuming we can either a.) find Megan or b.) find a perpendicularity.

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

We should do it in an alternate universe where Covid isn't a thing so all of us with anxiety issues can have a break.

Assuming we can either a.) find Megan or b.) find a perpendicularity.

These are good options.

But if we don't have an alternate universe, instead of wearing masks we can all be nerdy Mandalorians and just never take off our helmets. Helmets count as masks... I think?

6 minutes ago, weiss_kwispies said:

These are good options.

But if we don't have an alternate universe, instead of wearing masks we can all be nerdy Mandalorians and just never take off our helmets. Helmets count as masks... I think?

Yes.

I shall wear a suit of armor, though.

13 hours ago, weiss_kwispies said:

I don't know if it's just me that did it really badly, but it didn't work out well. Honestly the stovetop thing kind of worked until I burned the marshmallow; that's when everything went wrong. 

:)

Yeah, you kind of have to have done it a couple of times to do it right.

5 hours ago, Honorless said:

Finally, my kind of people! Now then, why don't I find y'all irl... oh

:lol: I know right? It's always so hard to find people like me, and then I remember people like me act like me. And I stay at home, even before all these travel restrictions... 

22 hours ago, weiss_kwispies said:

...We can all be nerdy Mandalorians and just never take off our helmets. 

This is the way. 

Edited by Ookla the Empyreal