Socially Awkward Bookworms

Tesh

35 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

I also like to go alone at night (may I join the vampire club?), but we don't have enough snow around here ever, so it's not regularly in snow.

Yes. Please join the vampire club. 

17 minutes ago, Tesh said:

I went to a Sanderson signing at BYU when I was in seventh grade. I went with my best friend (@Cel, but she's not active), and it was just the two of us middle schoolers and a whole bunch of college students. When I went up I had my notebook with some (really really bad) questions, and a backpack full of books. I was super nervous, and asked if he minded how many books he signed. He said no. So I proceeded to pull out this gigantic stack of books, everything from Alcatraz to Oathbringer. He signed all fifteen of them. Since I had brought so many, I was super worried I was taking up too much time, so I sort of just put all the books on the ground and started kicking them away. 

I'm still incredibly embarrassed to this day. 

Hopefully i can have that experience again at some point and not regret everything i did for the next several years. And I now only have nine unsigned books instead of fifteen.

I mostly get overwhelmed around people if it's loud. The signing wasn't too loud, and my friend was great unintentional support in that situation. It was also really small for a Brandon signing, I think, although we were fifth in line.

My reaction to noise is very similar to that of heat.

But somehow, I do just fine with parrot noises. Kaladin's constant chatter, and once the screaming of a blue and gold macaw, don't really bother me. But people talking or small inconsistent noises can drive me into a state of panic. Oh, and clothing that is too tight or scratchy. Those do the same thing. It's part of why the only jewellery I ever wear is a watch, and I only ever wear jeans, t-shirts, and tennis shoes. I also like consistency. If I changed what I wore every day in any significant way, I'd probably go crazy.

And those are some of my random struggles with being a person. 

Luckily, the Shard is very quiet. :)

I went with my best friend and her dad, and we also had at least 10 books we brought to be signed, so I don't think doing that is too bad. But yeah, I'm also really embarrassed of my book signing experience and hope I can meet Brandon again and not embarrass myself. I also sent him a thank you message when I was 12 and it was pretty badly written; I regret it to this day. But one of my biggest flexes is that he's my friend on Goodreads, and that means he actually looked at my cringey account and decided to accept the friend request anyways. 

The thing about consistency is also relatable. I hope that the people in my online classes never noticed that for a while I wore the same spider-man t-shirt every Tuesday. And the same Hufflepuff shirt every Monday. It became a routine for a few months and I have no idea why; eventually I stopped wearing those two shirts on the corresponding days, but it was weird while it lasted. I also have like the same seven t-shirts and jeans that I cycle through every week, and I never wear anything else. So I guess it could be said that I like consistency :P 

8 hours ago, Lecky Twig said:

Swimming in the rain is even better because generally, no one wants to join me and i can hang out with the water alone.

Swimming in the rain is the best! Especially when you’re in a lake, and there are huge waves. 

6 hours ago, weiss_kwispies said:

Sometimes I'll actually panic and feel sick because I can't handle the heat

I feel like his too. I get kinda sick if I stay in (mild) warm weather. I’m weird. 

9 hours ago, weiss_kwispies said:

But one of my biggest flexes is that he's my friend on Goodreads, and that means he actually looked at my cringey account and decided to accept the friend request anyways. 

That's Awesome. I might have to try that.... (Want to friend me on Goodreads?... Currently my only other friends are a few people who are never active and two of my teachers...)

9 hours ago, weiss_kwispies said:

The thing about consistency is also relatable. I hope that the people in my online classes never noticed that for a while I wore the same spider-man t-shirt every Tuesday. And the same Hufflepuff shirt every Monday. It became a routine for a few months and I have no idea why; eventually I stopped wearing those two shirts on the corresponding days, but it was weird while it lasted. I also have like the same seven t-shirts and jeans that I cycle through every week, and I never wear anything else. So I guess it could be said that I like consistency :P 

I can see myself getting into a routine like that... I struggle finding jeans that are comfortable, and so I have five pairs, I think, but I have a specific order I wear them in after I wash them. 

4 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Swimming in the rain is the best! Especially when you’re in a lake, and there are huge waves. 

Yes. Kayaking in big waves is really fun, too.

7 minutes ago, Tesh said:

That's Awesome. I might have to try that.... (Want to friend me on Goodreads?... Currently my only other friends are a few people who are never active and two of my teachers...)

I can see myself getting into a routine like that... I struggle finding jeans that are comfortable, and so I have five pairs, I think, but I have a specific order I wear them in after I wash them. 

Yes. Kayaking in big waves is really fun, too.

Yes. I love kayaking. 
So, basically, the motif just popped up in the bottom of the page, and I was like: who’s this? Why are they-oh. It’s The Hemalurgic Marshmellow. Tesh. 

Edited by Bearer of all agonies

Just now, Bearer of all agonies said:

Yes. I love kayaking. 
So, basically, the motif just popped up in the bottom of the page, and I was like: who’s this? Why are they-oh. It’s The Hemelergic Marshmellow. Tesh. 

Yep. First profile picture change that isn't in May for a very long time. Tien was my pfp for basically three years straight. Speaking of liking consistency... We'll see if this lasts. However, I do like the light blues of it, and it doesn't seem as out of place as it could. 

(And it's a Marsh-mellow, not just a hemalurgic marshmellow... ;))

1 minute ago, Tesh said:

Yep. First profile picture change that isn't in May for a very long time. Tien was my pfp for basically three years straight. Speaking of liking consistency... We'll see if this lasts. However, I do like the light blues of it, and it doesn't seem as out of place as it could. 

(And it's a Marsh-mellow, not just a hemalurgic marshmellow... ;))

Same thing. . . Yeah, I hope it lasts. I like it. :)

44 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

I mean, I like it, but why did you have to stab a poor little marshmellow? :(

I feel like this could be said about Hemalurgy in general. I'm like, "Wow, interesting concept! But why did it have to involve stabbing people? :(