Socially Awkward Bookworms

Tesh

*stops to catch breath* I'm glad it's past three minutes. 

(Honestly I have the worst endurance ever unless it's for something very important) 

Now back to this initiation thing, I like the idea of candles and cloaks, though I think over-sized sweaters would be more along the lines of our cult. Just from personal experience. 

25 minutes ago, Ookla the Empyreal said:

Now back to this initiation thing, I like the idea of candles and cloaks, though I think over-sized sweaters would be more along the lines of our cult. Just from personal experience. 

Hm... Good point...

Perhaps we start the evening in cloaks (or maybe mistcloaks?), and then when we transition to smores and stuff, we put on the sweaters. Because cloaks are just as fantastic as over-sized sweaters, in my opinion. (This reminds me, I need to learn how to sew so I can make a normal cloak and a better mistcloak.)

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Hm... Good point...

Perhaps we start the evening in cloaks (or maybe mistcloaks?), and then when we transition to smores and stuff, we put on the sweaters. Because cloaks are just as fantastic as over-sized sweaters, in my opinion. (This reminds me, I need to learn how to sew so I can make a normal cloak and a better mistcloak.)

Cloaks are fantastic. I have one (without sleeves so maybe it would be considered a cape...?) that has fur around the collar. Sometimes I put it on when I'm at home to feel like a viking. It's great fun. 

I can sew quilts, but cloaks have evaded my talents for a long time. I tried making one for Halloween one year when I wanted to be a Jedi... that didn't end well. I need to actually find a pattern and just do it. 

I’ve been wanting a cape or cloak for ages now, but I have no idea where to get a good quality one that isn’t ridiculously expensive. 

During the cloak part of the initiation ceremony, we could have our new members recite oaths (like Radiant oaths, but... for awkward people), and after they do that we can bring out the s’mores and sweaters?

Just now, weiss_kwispies said:

I really wish I had a cloak. I have three swords and a crown, but somehow I don't have a cloak and that's very disappointing. 

That’s still so awesome. What swords do you have?

Just now, Ookla the Ethereal said:

I’ve been wanting a cape or cloak for ages now, but I have no idea where to get a good quality one that isn’t ridiculously expensive. 

During the cloak part of the initiation ceremony, we could have our new members recite oaths (like Radiant oaths, but... for awkward people), and after they do that we can bring out the s’mores and sweaters?

That’s still so awesome. What swords do you have?

I have Anduril and Sting from Lord of the Rings, and then the crown is Aragorn's crown. I also have the sword of Gryffindor.

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Ethereal said:

Yesyesyesyesyes. This sounds wonderful.

8 minutes ago, weiss_kwispies said:

I have Anduril and Sting from Lord of the Rings, and then the crown is Aragorn's crown. I also have the sword of Gryffindor.

*pops out of bush*

Did someone say Lord of the Rings and swords?

Pics?

Spoiler

Swords are fantastic, and so is LotR, and so swords from tLot are even more storming fantastic.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Yesyesyesyesyes. This sounds wonderful.

*pops out of bush*

Did someone say Lord of the Rings and swords?

Pics?

Hide contents

Swords are fantastic, and so is LotR, and so swords from tLot are even more storming fantastic.

Here's my Lord of the Rings stuff: 

(Sorry about the formatting, I think you'll have to click it for it to look normal)

Spoiler

IMG-0836.thumb.jpg.4488e1d910e7411e1df71e554b37bea0.jpg

IMG-0837.thumb.jpg.5575546651e36d911606bad5e40db9e1.jpg

IMG-0835.thumb.jpg.6f5ea4b69b8aa19cda6c209cdbe75265.jpg

And here's some Harry Potter stuff that also looks really cool:

Spoiler

IMG-0838.thumb.jpg.2273dfcda20ec3cabd0449ed92f46b67.jpg

IMG-0841.thumb.jpg.d482722e80442724e00a72dea3fd90a0.jpg

I've been collecting these since 5th grade so I would like to note that I have bought these over six years and am not a crazy person that bought them all at once :P

(Sorry about the formatting, I think you'll have to click it for it to look normal)

Hide contents

Hide contents

I've been collecting these since 5th grade so I would like to note that I have bought these over six years and am not a crazy person that bought them all at once :P

I LOVE ALL OF THIS AHHHH

2 minutes ago, weiss_kwispies said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

They're all so great!!! AHHHHH!!!

1 minute ago, Ookla the Ethereal said:

I LOVE ALL OF THIS AHHHH

Just now, Ookla the Rōnin said:

They're all so great!!! AHHHHH!!!

The one nice thing about having been a socially awkward bookworm for most of my life is that the merchandise in my room is storming amazing. Also the swords are my backup plan in case someone tries to break into my house. 

The one nice thing about having been a socially awkward bookworm for most of my life is that the merchandise in my room is storming amazing. Also the swords are my backup plan in case someone tries to break into my house. 

I'm going to say it again and again...

I really want a sword.

The problem is, as replicas, they're probably made from stainless steel, which is great for display swords, but utterly useless for practical weapons. I think the Stormlight books might be a better option in this scenario. (It doesn't stop the swords from being epic, though.)

Just now, Ookla the Rōnin said:

I'm going to say it again and again...

I really want a sword.

The problem is, as replicas, they're probably made from stainless steel, which is great for display swords, but utterly useless for practical weapons. I think the Stormlight books might be a better option in this scenario. (It doesn't stop the swords from being epic, though.)

I would never use the other two swords in a fight, but Sting is actually really sharp and might work reasonably well as a weapon. But there's also the problem of range and getting close enough to do any damage because it's a really small sword.

have been hit in the face with a WoR hardcover, though. And it hurt so bad that my eyes started crying against my will. So yeah, Stormlight books are also good weapons.

3 hours ago, weiss_kwispies said:

have been hit in the face with a WoR hardcover, though. And it hurt so bad that my eyes started crying against my will. So yeah, Stormlight books are also good weapons.

I once hit my friend with a mass market copy of WoR.

Ask her about it.

She'll still complain.

I don't feel bad, though.

She ripped the back cover a little.

My actions were justified.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

I once hit my friend with a mass market copy of WoR.

Ask her about it.

She'll still complain.

I don't feel bad, though.

She ripped the back cover a little.

My actions were justified.

My friend jokingly pretended like he was going to hit me with the WoR hardcover but then he accidentally actually did it.. I complain about it all the time too, but my complaints are justified because I wasn't being annoying or destroying books. Your actions are also justified :P

10 minutes ago, weiss_kwispies said:

My friend jokingly pretended like he was going to hit me with the WoR hardcover but then he accidentally actually did it.. I complain about it all the time too, but my complaints are justified because I wasn't being annoying or destroying books. Your actions are also justified :P

I'll tell her you approve next time she brings it up. :) 

Edit: This friend is currently texting me, and for some reason we're arguing about whether jam or jelly is better.

Is there even a difference?

I'm rather confused.

Edited by Ookla the Rōnin

33 minutes ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

I'll tell her you approve next time she brings it up. :) 

Edit: This friend is currently texting me, and for some reason we're arguing about whether jam or jelly is better.

Is there even a difference?

I'm rather confused.

Yes, there's a difference. Jam is made with fruit parts, jelly is made with fruit juice. Jam's better.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Yes, there's a difference. Jam is made with fruit parts, jelly is made with fruit juice. Jam's better.

Also you can poison people with jam.

EDIT: I realized after posting this that the reference I made was incorrect and it's the bread that's poisonous. It's been a long day, my dudes. My brain is fried from writing essays all day long.

Edited by weiss_kwispies
I'm an idiot

1 minute ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Nah, you poison them with the bread. You put the antidote in the jam. 

But leave the antidote out of the jelly. ;)

I literally logged back on to correct what I said. I was like WAIT IT'S THE BREAD- 

But yeah, then I guess jelly would be more effective.