Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Me: Oh no, another character to try and figure out how their magic works... sobbing.
the character sheet: "no magic skills whatsoever..."
Me: Welcome welcome welcome Random Bystander!!

Joking aside, glad to have you here.

2 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Me: Oh no, another character to try and figure out how their magic works... sobbing.
the character sheet: "no magic skills whatsoever..."
Me: Welcome welcome welcome Random Bystander!!

Well, for me it was: oh, glanck it, no magic skills means Gal would never interact with her.

And does anybody in our group except Orpheus have a house? Ara run away, and it seems that Minuet did the same. And I guess Valzwyn does have the tower now...

39 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

And does anybody in our group except Orpheus have a house? Ara run away, and it seems that Minuet did the same. And I guess Valzwyn does have the tower now...

I don't know who has a house, but Cara definitely does not. 

9 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Avren startled at the sudden contact, and reflexively tried to pull his hands away. He wasn’t fast enough, and a strange jolt of energy passed through him. He gasped, then whirled around to face Xeus, an uncharacteristic mix of shock and anger in his expression. 

His life could be at stake? Xeus thought he could use that to convince him? Avren could almost laugh. His life hadn’t been his own since he had discovered what he could do. 

Are you going to let that define you? 

Ren’s voice. 

He wavered, and soon that rush of emotion began to slip away, fear eagerly tightening its claws around him once more. Wherever safe was, it was away from Xeus. 

He took a few cautious steps back, boots crunching in the snow, and wondered how far he’d be able to run. 

Exodus snarled at Avren's weakness and stretched forth his hand, pulling something from his robes before doing so and pointing it at Avren. He muttered something under his breath, and a small silver tendril of light whipped forth from the small object in his hand and, without any sound, slipped straight through the boy's chest.

He took a step closer towards him and gave a small smile. In his moment of magic, his illusion of Xeus flickered, for a second revealing himself underneath. Exodus's expression became peaceful, and his eyes stared directly into Avren's. Suddenly, without so much as a twitch of his smile, still maintaining eye contact, Exodus's voice speaks in Avren's mind.

You are bound to me, Avren. Now, let's get ready to leave, shall we?

6 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

"Hi, Val, that's your name right? Anyways, um..this is Ni. I found him outside and now he's inside the tower." Cara didn't really know what else to say. It had been a weird day.

6 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Oh. Okay. Hi, Ni! I'm Valzwyn."

With an air of embarrassment about him, Ni scratched the back of his head as he waved shyly at Valzwyn.

Welcome Random Bystander!

6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Can I... come closer?"

Ni nodded a couple of times, sliding to his left as he picked up the chair he had knocked over nearby the table before quietly sitting on it.

9 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Val pulled up a chair of her own and sat down across from him. She stuck out her hand. "Nice meeting you, Ni."

Realizing he wasn’t about to be given a lecture, Ni sat up straight in his chair, giving a swift nod and the most professional handshake a nine year old could give.

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Really? I'm thirteen." Val held up her own hands, then realized she was three fingers short. "Heh. So... where're you from?"

Taking a moment to reorienting himself from his descent down the tower, Ni swayed his arm back and forth slightly as he pointed toward one of the walls, gesturing once again somewhere to the Northeast.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Oh... right. You don't talk." Val frowned. "Why don't you talk?"

At Valzwyn’s question, Ni slowly lowered his extended arm back down onto his lap, clasping his hands together loosely as he became very still. The boy lowered his head slightly, looking straight ahead as though he were gazing straight through Valzwyn towards something unseen.

After many, many seconds of silent thought, Ni simply raised a finger to his lips in response.

2 minutes ago, S4S said:

At Valzwyn’s question, Ni slowly lowered his extended arm back down onto his lap, clasping his hands together loosely as he became very still. The boy lowered his head slightly, looking straight ahead as though he were gazing straight through Valzwyn towards something unseen.

After many, many seconds of silent thought, Ni simply raised a finger to his lips in response.

"Oh." Val fell silent.

On 3/2/2021 at 1:29 PM, Trutharchivist said:

"This sounds like the probable effect of some separate entity. It probably means you are either closely connected to one or you are the chosen champion of one. What god do you worship?"

Talnic snorted. "None of them. During my childhood, I followed the Satheth religion, but after..." Talnic cut off. "I don't worship any divinities."

8 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Really? I'm thirteen." Val held up her own hands, then realized she was three fingers short. "Heh. So... where're you from?"

Fadran... Either you did it again, or Valzwyn thinks that telling her real age would scare Ni. She's 88, which is young for an elf, but isn't 13. Of course, elves might have different year count.

4 hours ago, Tesh said:

Talnic snorted. "None of them. During my childhood, I followed the Satheth religion, but after..." Talnic cut off. "I don't worship any divinities."

"Hmm... Sometimes people are picked without worshipping the entity that picked them. We don't yet know much of the SpR, so I don't know what entity that might be. Of course, there might be other explanations to this..."

Tesh, would you be fine with having a Spiritual entity Talnic is bound to? It might not have much effect if all it does is giving him prophecies, but then again, it might have. Maybe we could work out another explanation to why bad things happen when people don't obey the prophecies.

5 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Tesh, would you be fine with having a Spiritual entity Talnic is bound to? It might not have much effect if all it does is giving him prophecies, but then again, it might have. Maybe we could work out another explanation to why bad things happen when people don't obey the prophecies.

Sure, that'd be fine.

5 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

"Hmm... Sometimes people are picked without worshipping the entity that picked them. We don't yet know much of the SpR, so I don't know what entity that might be. Of course, there might be other explanations to this..."

Talnic stood silently, waiting for Gal to continue.

20 minutes ago, Tesh said:

Talnic stood silently, waiting for Gal to continue.

"... In theory. In practice, you are probably under the influence of an unknown entity. If the prophecy started when you still followed the Satheth, it might be an entity connected to this religion, though if they don't have some doctrine about prophecies it's probably not the case. You have a Connection, anyway, and we probably should try to use it to contact your entity."

Gal stops. He seems to lose some of reluctance, and slowly starts to show real interest in the topic.

I'm just going to drop in randomly.

Velia was hopping on one foot with her other leg out in front of her, when she saw a large tower. She grinned. "Huzzah! Onward, then! To glory and some such nonsense!" She hopped to the tower. 

She... uh... isn't the most mature person alive... Or very mature at all.

Who ya gonna call? 

14 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Velia was hopping on one foot with her other leg out in front of her, when she saw a large tower. She grinned. "Huzzah! Onward, then! To glory and some such nonsense!" She hopped to the tower. 

I have no real idea where anyone is at. But I'll post here so you can like walk in and run into Orpheus. Or Cara, Ni, and Valzwyn. Or Gal and Talnic. Or Minuet and Ara (wherever they are). 
Or—heaven forbid—Xeus and Avren...

Take your pickings I guess