Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

6 minutes ago, S4S said:

Perking their ears up at the sudden disturbance, the two wolves turned to face the swiftly approaching newcomers. Startled at the sudden speed and aggression of the approaching duo though, the wolves quickly turned and ran deeper into the woods, leaving their cornered prey beneath the tree.

That was easier than expected. Cara thought.

Cara trotted up to the tree. She got off Felicity and slowly approached the spot where the wolves were digging. 

"Hello? Any bunny there?"

7 minutes ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Cara trotted up to the tree. She got off Felicity and slowly approached the spot where the wolves were digging. 

Within what appeared to be a foxhole that had been dug out underneath the large pine, a small humanoid figure sat within the enclosed space of roots and earth, breathing softly through quick and shaky breaths.

1 minute ago, S4S said:

Within what appeared to be a foxhole that had been dug out underneath the large pine, a small humanoid figure sat within the enclosed space of roots and earth, breathing softly through quick and shaky breaths.

"Oh, you're not a bunny." Cara said, surprised. "Well, that is okay. Don't worry, the wolves are gone. What's your name? I'm Cara."

Inside the hole beneath the tree, the figure shifted slightly to where it could be seen through the small opening.

It was a small boy.

Pressed against the far wall, the youth was curled as far away from the small opening as possible. Shaking softly, his left arm was extended outward in an open palm as though to ward off the wolves from earlier. In his right hand, a small two-inch needle was grasped firmly in a white knuckled grip. The boy wore a set of large snowboots, which now had scratches and bitemarks from where he had kicked back at to hold off the attacking predators. For the most part though, the child seemed okay.

The only thing strange about the boy, was the burlap sack that covered his head.

At the woman’s words though, the boy leaned forward slightly, and his breathing began to calm.

10 minutes ago, S4S said:

Inside the hole beneath the tree, the figure shifted slightly to where it could be seen through the small opening.

It was a small boy.

Pressed against the far wall, the youth was curled as far away from the small opening as possible. Shaking softly, his left arm was extended outward in an open palm as though to ward off the wolves from earlier. In his right hand, a small two-inch needle was grasped firmly in a white knuckled grip. The boy wore a set of large snowboots, which now had scratches and bitemarks from where he had kicked back at to hold off the attacking predators. For the most part though, the child seemed okay.

The only thing strange about the boy, was the burlap sack that covered his head.

At the woman’s words though, the boy leaned forward slightly, and his breathing began to calm.

Aww...he's so cute! Cara thought. 

When she saw the burlap sack over his head, she gasped softly. "It's dangerous to put stuff over your head. You could suffocate." Cara paused for a moment, thinking. "Come out here. It's okay. We can get you cleaned up inside. You must be far away from home." Cara said sympathetically. 

1 hour ago, Knight of Iron said:

Exodus nods towards Ara and Minuet. "We'll meet outside in a few, give me a moment here."

"Hello there, Avren," said Exodus. "I will be leaving the party shortly, and just wanted to say goodbye."

Minuet nodded and began to make her way outside, slower this time. 

27 minutes ago, JesterLavorre said:

You ask me. :)

19 minutes ago, Isabelle6060 said:

"Come out here. It's okay. We can get you cleaned up inside. You must be far away from home." Cara said sympathetically.

Slowly, the boy’s extended arm fell back to his side. Cautiously putting his needle into the side pocket on the large green jacket he wore, the youth twisted his legs behind him as he crawled tentatively towards the foxhole’s exit.

As he moved towards the opening, the outdoor sunlight revealed two small eyeholes that were scratched out of the bag that covered the boy’s head.

Just before exiting the underground burrow, the youth leaned to the side slightly. Looking around the woman into the forest behind her, the boy seemed to be scanning the trees for any other signs of danger. When all seemed safe though, the small child carefully squeezed his way out of the foxhole.

After dusting off the loose dirt from his knees and jacket, the boy looked up at the woman in front of him, though his eyes remained hidden within the shadows formed by the bag over his head.

47 minutes ago, S4S said:

Slowly, the boy’s extended arm fell back to his side. Cautiously putting his needle into the side pocket on the large green jacket he wore, the youth twisted his legs behind him as he crawled tentatively towards the foxhole’s exit.

As he moved towards the opening, the outdoor sunlight revealed two small eyeholes that were scratched out of the bag that covered the boy’s head.

Just before exiting the underground burrow, the youth leaned to the side slightly. Looking around the woman into the forest behind her, the boy seemed to be scanning the trees for any other signs of danger. When all seemed safe though, the small child carefully squeezed his way out of the foxhole.

After dusting off the loose dirt from his knees and jacket, the boy looked up at the woman in front of him, though his eyes remained hidden within the shadows formed by the bag over his head.

"Follow me. Let's get you inside." Cara said, moving toward the tower Felicity following behind. Cara glanced back to see if the little boy would follow.

19 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

A single sentence. Five words to make the world come crashing down. 

Avren took a step back involuntarily, staring in horror at Xeus. 

How could he know how could he know how could he know?

"It was very hard to tell, considering your spirit remains nearly completely intact, but the signs are there. I could help teach you, if you desire."

22 minutes ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Cara glanced back to see if the little boy would follow.

The young boy’s head pivoted as he watched Cara begin walking towards the nearby tower, and after just a few moments, the child began to follow Cara.

Only a few steps later though, the boy suddenly stopped. Glancing over to his right, the youth noticed something before changing his course. Walking toward a fresh patch of untouched snow, the boy squatted down as he hugged his knees into his chest with his left arm. Brushing his right pointer finger through the frozen canvas, the child wrote a simple word.

Ni

Once he finished, the youth slowly rose as he looked over at Cara. The boy pointed down at the word in the snow, then pointed at his chest.

Spoiler

Name: Ni (pronounced as "/nī/", or "night" without the " T ")

Appearance: Ni looks far younger than he actually is, standing under 3'6" and weighing around 40 pounds. He wears a faded off-white colored shirt under a dark brownish/green coat that looks two sizes too big on him, a set of dark and rugged trousers cut just below the knee with a rope tied as a belt, and a pair of large snowboots that look three sizes too big. The most defining feature of Ni though is the burlap sack that covers his head, which only has two small eyeholes that provide him with visibility of his surroundings. Ni’s face is completely hidden however; not even the reflection of his eyes can be seen.

Spoiler

(in case my profile picture ever changes)

Ni.jpg.6c7165c99481904b3bca1859cb7959db.jpg

Not my own artistic work, but a very close representation of how I envision him looking.

Skills: Given the dimensions of his physical frame, it is safe to say that Ni has a surprising amount of speed and dexterity, especially when it comes to getting into “hard to reach” places and escaping out of difficult situations. His small frame and light feet also provide him an advantage when stealthy movements are required. Ni is also unnaturally good at sewing.

Personality: Although he is perfectly capable of doing so, Ni never speaks aloud. Only on rare occasions will he ever speak his mind, and only with a soft whisper and simple words. He is not the greatest at reading or writing, so most of his communication is through expressive behaviors or gestures. Simple hand signs or changes in posture are how Ni will generally communicate with someone, so he can be very expressive about what he is thinking at any given moment, as well as the lack of “expressiveness”. Otherwise, Ni has many of the same behavioral traits as a young kid.

9 hours ago, S4S said:

The young boy’s head pivoted as he watched Cara begin walking towards the nearby tower, and after just a few moments, the child began to follow Cara.

Only a few steps later though, the boy suddenly stopped. Glancing over to his right, the youth noticed something before changing his course. Walking toward a fresh patch of untouched snow, the boy squatted down as he hugged his knees into his chest with his left arm. Brushing his right pointer finger through the frozen canvas, the child wrote a simple word.

Ni

Once he finished, the youth slowly rose as he looked over at Cara. The boy pointed down at the word in the snow, then pointed at his chest.

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Ni (pronounced as "/nī/", or "night" without the " T ")

Appearance: Ni looks far younger than he actually is, standing under 3'6" and weighing around 40 pounds. He wears a faded off-white colored shirt under a dark brownish/green coat that looks two sizes too big on him, a set of dark and rugged trousers cut just below the knee with a rope tied as a belt, and a pair of large snowboots that look three sizes too big. The most defining feature of Ni though is the burlap sack that covers his head, which only has two small eyeholes that provide him with visibility of his surroundings. Ni’s face is completely hidden however; not even the reflection of his eyes can be seen.

Reveal hidden contents

(in case my profile picture ever changes)

Ni.jpg.6c7165c99481904b3bca1859cb7959db.jpg

Not my own artistic work, but a very close representation of how I envision him looking.

Skills: Given the dimensions of his physical frame, it is safe to say that Ni has a surprising amount of speed and dexterity, especially when it comes to getting into “hard to reach” places and escaping out of difficult situations. His small frame and light feet also provide him an advantage when stealthy movements are required. Ni is also unnaturally good at sewing.

Personality: Although he is perfectly capable of doing so, Ni never speaks aloud. Only on rare occasions will he ever speak his mind, and only with a soft whisper and simple words. He is not the greatest at reading or writing, so most of his communication is through expressive behaviors or gestures. Simple hand signs or changes in posture are how Ni will generally communicate with someone, so he can be very expressive about what he is thinking at any given moment, as well as the lack of “expressiveness”. Otherwise, Ni has many of the same behavioral traits as a young kid.

Cara turned back when she saw the little boy writing in the snow. She cocked her head as she read the word the boy wrote, Ni. 

What the heck does that mean? Cara thought.

"Um...what do you mean by Ni?"

Edited by Isabelle6060

9 hours ago, Condensation said:

Aww... I really wanted him to be one of the knights who say ni. :P

That was I thought I had when I first started making him actually, haha! I needed his name to be Ni though, so I just altered the pronunciation to something unique. Sorry to disappoint, but Ni probably won't be requesting any shrubberies.

1 hour ago, Isabelle6060 said:

"Um...what do you mean by Ni?"

The boy pointed at the word in the snow again. He then gestured at himself once more, softly jabbing a thumb into his chest.

No... No.

How had he let this happen? This wouldn't be like with Ren. He almost found it funny, how he'd worried about the wrong person all this time.

Xeus was saying something, and Avren had to push through the fog to reach the words. 

11 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

"It was very hard to tell, considering your spirit remains nearly completely intact, but the signs are there. I could help teach you, if you desire."

...teach him? To what end? He would not use his powers for someone else. Never again. 

His hands were clenched into fists, nails digging into skin. Distantly, he knew that he was frozen in place, but he was too far away to care. 

The first draft of this post:

Spoiler

nonononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononNONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO.

I've only known Ni for four posts but if anything happens to him I will turn everyone in this RP into avocadoes and then myself.