Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

1 hour ago, Isabelle6060 said:

"Well, you should be getting back to your guardian. They must be worried sick. I can accompany you back."

Lowering his head, Ni exhaled softly. Resting a hand inside his jacket somewhere near his chest, the boy slowly nodded once.

2 minutes ago, Isabelle6060 said:

"Did you get lost while playing?"

Responding much quicker this time, the hooded boy looked up at Cara as he shook his head. Seeming to stand a little taller, Ni's arm dropped back down to his side.

13 minutes ago, Isabelle6060 said:

"Did you...run away?"

There was another long pause from Ni, the only motions coming from him being that of his index finger tapping the side of his leg. After almost a full minute of silence though, Ni lifted that finger to where his mouth was behind the sack he wore.

14 minutes ago, S4S said:

There was another long pause from Ni, the only motions coming from him being that of his index finger tapping the side of his leg. After almost a full minute of silence though, Ni lifted that finger to where his mouth was behind the sack he wore.

"Oh, rats, you did. Why?"

I gotta take him back to his guardian. Cara thought. But what if his guardian is mean?

15 minutes ago, Isabelle6060 said:

"Oh, rats, you did. Why?"

The finger dropped from where Ni’s lips would be as the boy started shaking his head softly. Hugging his arms across the front of his chest, Ni leaned his back into the base of the counter behind him. Sliding down the side of the cabinet onto the floor, the small child pulled his legs into his chest with unsteady arms. The sound of a soft whine came from the back of his throat as he continued to shake his head, over and over repeating the same motion of denial and regret.

4 minutes ago, S4S said:

The finger dropped from where Ni’s lips would be as the boy started shaking his head softly. Hugging his arms across the front of his chest, Ni leaned his back into the base of the counter behind him. Sliding down the side of the cabinet onto the floor, the small child pulled his legs into his chest with unsteady arms. The sound of a soft whine came from the back of his throat as he continued to shake his head, over and over repeating the same motion of denial and regret.

Cara slowly sat down next to him and hugged him.

"Do you want to go back?"

4 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

“At a loss for words? Do I need to threaten to tell Shadow what you are? How do you think they’ll see you then?”

Each word was a blow, more devastating than the last. The silence stretched thick between them as Xeus waited for an answer, but Avren couldn't give him one. The weight of the moment settled around his neck, trapping his words inside. 

6 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Each word was a blow, more devastating than the last. The silence stretched thick between them as Xeus waited for an answer, but Avren couldn't give him one. The weight of the moment settled around his neck, trapping his words inside. 

"So you know," said Exodus. "Good. Maybe you'll have some sense, then."

40 minutes ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Cara slowly sat down next to him and hugged him.

"Do you want to go back?"

Feeling Cara’s friendly embrace, Ni pulled himself tighter as he pressed his forehead to his knees, curling into an upright ball. Although the soft whimpering had stopped, Ni did not answer Cara’s question.

6 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Gal saw that people seemed to be too busy to answer him, and, recalling that Minuet said the Shadow killed a dragon, he pulls out one of the older notebooks from his back and went upward, to where Minuet seemed to be coming from. The library was in the second highest floor, so he found himself looking around the highest floor.

"Um... Hello? Mr. Shadow, are you here?"

@Tesh

Talnic turned from the form of the unconscious man and opened the door to the interior of the tower. "I'm up here," he shouted down.

7 hours ago, Tesh said:

Talnic turned from the form of the unconscious man and opened the door to the interior of the tower. "I'm up here," he shouted down.

Gal walks to the roof.

"So," he says, forcing himself to speak even though he doesn't want to, "you wanted me to tell you what I know about prophecies, and I need to question you a little about the topic, so I figured we could start. From my knowledge, prophecies are glimpses to the Spiritual Realm, usually given by some kind of spiritual entity. This is the basics, at least. I can try and explain more."

13 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

"So you know," said Exodus. "Good. Maybe you'll have some sense, then."

Avren looked down, unable to speak. His mind... it was going numb. Thoughts vanished like puffs of mist in the sun, until only a barren landscape remained.

And then there was nothing.

Edited by The Awakened Salad

13 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Gal walks to the roof.

"So," he says, forcing himself to speak even though he doesn't want to, "you wanted me to tell you what I know about prophecies, and I need to question you a little about the topic, so I figured we could start. From my knowledge, prophecies are glimpses to the Spiritual Realm, usually given by some kind of spiritual entity. This is the basics, at least. I can try and explain more."

Steeling himself, Talnic said, "Talnic. Just... call me Talnic." He crossed his arms and leaned back against the railing. "And some more information would be greatly appreciated," he said.
He tried to ignore how directly Gal was looking at him, tried to resist the urge to run and hide. He was not meant to be in the open. He was meant to hide in the shadows, away from the perception of others. But he needed more information.

Edited by Tesh

Just now, Tesh said:

Stealing himself, Talnic said, "Talnic. Just... call me Talnic." He crossed his arms and leaned back against the railing. "And some more information would be greatly appreciated," he said.
He tried to ignore how directly Gal was looking at him, tried to resist the urge to run and hide. He was not meant to be in the open. He was meant to hide in the shadows, away from the perception of others. But he needed more information.

Steeling*

8 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Avren looked down, unable to speak. His mind... it was going numb. Thoughts vanished like puffs of mist in the sun, until only a barren landscape remained.

And then there was nothing.

"Avren? You there?"

Meanwhile...

Orpheus swung a plate with as much force as he could at the stone wall of the lower floors, and it shattered into a million pieces. Stupid dragon.

He grabbed a small pot and smashed it. Stupid prophecy.

He cast his eyes furiously around the room and noticed a book. He threw it at the door angrily. Stupid quest.

He whirled back around and looked at the disaster he had caused. Since when had he had such destructive tendencies?

"Demon!" he roared. "Answer me!"

There was no answer. There hadn't been any answer in a while. Zanidar had gone silent.

"He's like me, isn't he?" he said, voice dropping to a whisper. "Zanidar... do you know him?"

No answer. He had gone silent, as he had been for most of Orpheus's life. Usually, that was a good thing. But Orpheus needed answers.

"Why am I here?"

24 minutes ago, Tesh said:

Steeling himself, Talnic said, "Talnic. Just... call me Talnic." He crossed his arms and leaned back against the railing. "And some more information would be greatly appreciated," he said.

"Well, generally the world is built of many Realms. As far as we know there are four, though there might be more: the Physical Realm is the one we all live in, the physical world, made of normal matter. Keeping this matter in it's shape is what we call Physical Ire - it may be called the magical energy of the Physical Realm. The second Realm is the Realm of Minds and ideas - it has it's own Ire, as probably does the third Realm, the souls' Realm, but now we talk about prophecies, which typically come from the Spiritual Realm. You see, both time and space are terms that can be used almost only on the Physical Realm, and so they practically don't exist in the SpR. Because of that, beings of the Spiritual Realm can see the future of our Realm. Why they care to tell us is unclear, though they almost surely have their own intents. They can affect the world in small measures - sometimes, though not always, this is how they make people obey them. You can't always know their intent. Is that enough?"

Gal looks a little tired from the explanation.

I hope it gets well with the worldbuilding.

22 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Cara just sat there quietly, still hugging him.

1 hour ago, Knight of Iron said:

Orpheus swung a plate with as much force as he could at the stone wall of the lower floors, and it shattered into a million pieces.

The distant sound of something shattering caught Ni’s attention as it broke the silence in the secluded kitchen. Lifting his head slightly, the small boy pivoted his head around as he tried to determine where the sound had come from. A few moments later, there was another sound; the sound of metal smashing, coming from the same direction somewhere below where Ni and Cara sat.

Taking the opportunity to move, to do something other than to feel trapped in the endless cycle of memories, Ni tapped Cara on the knee to grab her attention. Glancing over at her, Ni cupped one of his hands around his ear as he pointed to the floors below them with the other.

17 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

Fruit realm...

Well, I intentionally made unknown Realms a thing, in case someone wanted to add something. Now it's almost irrelevant, except for that Gal will find the Dragon Realm's existence easier to digest. And I actually did think of the FR when I wrote this reply.

19 hours ago, S4S said:

The distant sound of something shattering caught Ni’s attention as it broke the silence in the secluded kitchen. Lifting his head slightly, the small boy pivoted his head around as he tried to determine where the sound had come from. A few moments later, there was another sound; the sound of metal smashing, coming from the same direction somewhere below where Ni and Cara sat.

Taking the opportunity to move, to do something other than to feel trapped in the endless cycle of memories, Ni tapped Cara on the knee to grab her attention. Glancing over at her, Ni cupped one of his hands around his ear as he pointed to the floors below them with the other.

Cara heard loud crashing sounds. She felt Ni tap Cara on her knee. Glancing up, she saw Ni cup one hand around his ear and point down. Cara stood up.

"Want to go investigate?" 

6 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

"Want to go investigate?" 

Giving a swift nod, Ni lifted himself off the ground with a muffled grunt. Remaining low to the ground, the small boy began sneaking towards the kitchen’s exit. His steps were light and nimble even with the bulky snowboots, and the wooden floor beneath his feet hardly made a sound as Ni carefully crept forward towards the source of the sudden noise.

Pausing just inside the doorway, Ni peeked his covered head around the doorframe with an air of caution. Down to his left, where the spiral staircase descended toward the ground level of the tower, a shout of anger echoed up the stairs; one that was most likely from the same person, or thing, as earlier.

Glancing back at Cara, Ni pointed down the tower’s steps before placing a finger to his lips. Then, turning back towards the staircase, Ni took a deep breath before slowly beginning his descent down the stairway.