The Fellowship of the Thing-Other Stories

Negative_Null

7 hours ago, Condensation said:

"Do you know the layout?"

"It's my lab, I would hope so."

8 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

"Ok, that's actually a good point. Would you mind helping us out with that?"

"All right," said Ashley, "I'll give you a quick rundown." She knelt down to draw a crude representation in the sand. She drew three rectangles, one representing each floor. Besides them, she noted which one they were- sub-basement, basement, ground floor. Each floor had a hallway that ran all the way around.

"The beast appeared here," she said, indicating a spot near the center of the ground floor. "That's the main lab; most of it was completely destroyed. For all I know, it may still be there." She indicated some spots with little x's. "These are where the elevators and stairwells are, if you find yourself wanting to explore the lower levels."

3 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"No, but I'm a dancer."

"Let me know when you can pirouette it to death. I've got two things for you."

"Dagger. We'll go over the fine points later, but basically, don't stab yourself, stab something else."

"And hold out your hand" She grabs some runic powder out of the bag.

2 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

"Let me know when you can pirouette it to death. I've got two things for you."

"Dagger. We'll go over the fine points later, but basically, don't stab yourself, stab something else."

"And hold out your hand" She grabs some runic powder out of the bag.

Andante accepts the dagger, holding it between two fingers. She holds out her hand, excited that she's going to get more magic lessons(at least, she hopes that's what this means).

Chrysler draws a rune on the back of her hand, similar to how she did for Ashley. 

"This is the Fire rune. This little marking right here, that' s a delayed trigger. If you extend your hand and say the trigger word "Fire", then it'll shoot a fireball wherever you're pointing. It's got enough power for about three charges, ok?"

Just now, Negative_Null said:

Chrysler draws a rune on the back of her hand, similar to how she did for Ashley. 

"This is the Fire rune. This little marking right here, that' s a delayed trigger. If you extend your hand and say the trigger word "Fire", then it'll shoot a fireball wherever you're pointing. It's got enough power for about three charges, ok?"

"Okay. Point my hand at something, say that word, and it'll work three times."

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Andante walks cautiously behind her, holding her dagger between two fingers and her other hand in front. She still hasn't fixed her bed-head, and it creates a rather ridiculous image.

Can't be worried about your hair when you're fighting for your life.

"So we should be somewhere in the main lab..."

15 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"So we should be somewhere in the main lab..."

No, they'd be a hallway... right? The lab is further in, near the center.

The halls, like the rest of the building, were outlined in stark lines of black and white. There were a few splotches of color that looked almost like splashes of paint. And some of them were moving.

One of the strange spots of color began to move towards the newcomers. As it approached, they began to see it more clearly.

It was blue. Very blue. So blue, in fact, it was hard to make out what shape it was exactly. Compounding this was the fact that it seemed to be... fuzzy, almost. Indistinct. As though it were an image drawn by a small child that had not yet learned to color within the lines.

Despite its indistinctiveness, however, it was pretty clearly supposed to be a bug of some sort. It was small, had lots of legs, and even had a pair of stalks with disproportionately large spheres on the end that could only be antennae.

It scurried up to the party, stopping within a few feet of them, its antennae twitching.