The Fellowship of the Thing-Other Stories

Negative_Null

Wincing from the stings she's getting, Chrysler draws a rune on the bug's shell as it struggles. When her scribble is done, she shouts "Seal!" and crushes the bug under her foot. All other red bugs would feel a similar force to what she does to it, although not quite 1 to 1, since the rune was drawn badly.

1 hour ago, Negative_Null said:

Wincing from the stings she's getting, Chrysler draws a rune on the bug's shell as it struggles. When her scribble is done, she shouts "Seal!" and crushes the bug under her foot. All other red bugs would feel a similar force to what she does to it, although not quite 1 to 1, since the rune was drawn badly.

All others?

Two questions. How much of a range does this have? And how broad of a concept is it targeting?

It targets based on a simulcra. Like a voodoo doll sort of thing. The rune she drew was not very well drawn, so it would be very generic (could hit things that are less similar to the red bug she crushed), but wouldn't transfer the force quite as well. If you've read Kane Chronicles or Name of the Wind, those are good examples.

The green bugs scatter, flowing down the hall in a solid wave of green.

Beneath their feet, the ground trembles slightly. A growl can be heard echoing from the end of the hallway. It gradually grows louder as the source approaches- from this distance, still only a blob of red.

33 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The green bugs scatter, flowing down the hall in a solid wave of green.

Beneath their feet, the ground trembles slightly. A growl can be heard echoing from the end of the hallway. It gradually grows louder as the source approaches- from this distance, still only a blob of red.

"Should we run?"

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Ah! Sorry, I--AH!!"

I'm guessing he's saying ah about the crab-thing?

Crem stand up quickly. "It's ok... Oh, umm, sorry to surprise you. It appears you're in a rush though, so I won't take up anymore of your time." Crem feeds his pet crab, Storm, a little treat to calm him down. 

1 minute ago, Experience said:

Crem stand up quickly. "It's ok... Oh, umm, sorry to surprise you. It appears you're in a rush though, so I won't take up anymore of your time." Crem feeds his pet crab, Storm, a little treat to calm him down. 

"No... that's alright. We're just running away from a bunch of chromatic bug demons. Want to come?"

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"No... that's alright. We're just running away from a bunch of chromatic bug demons. Want to come?"

Crem looks back and sees the red bugs speeding towards them. "Ya... that sounds like a splendid idea!" Crem then hops onto Storm and offers his hand to the two. "Want a ride?"

The monster's shape become visible as it approaches. It's large- about twice size of a person - and quadrupedal. Covering its skin are smooth red feathers. Its eyes are narrow and reptilian- and they are angry.

The beast roars once more as it approaches, the sheer volume of sound shaking the very building.

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The monster's shape become visible as it approaches. It's large- about twice size of a person - and quadrupedal. Covering its skin are smooth red feathers. Its eyes are narrow and reptilian- and they are angry.

The beast roars once more as it approaches, the sheer volume of sound shaking the very building.

"Hello, friend."

Chrysler draws her sword and staff.

"Andante, better run."

@Condensation

23 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The bug buzzes angrily and stings her.

Red bugs weave and swarm around the group, stinging wherever they can.

Andante curled up, trying to cover herself as well as she could. She swung her dagger ineffectively at the bugs. She didn't notice as the others ran down the corridor, the green bugs were making too much noise.

19 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

Chrysler gasps. "Andante!" and she runs back down the corridor

@Condensation

Andante turns and sees Chrysler, having just recovered from the stings. She notices Chrysler drawing her sword and staff and turns around. When she sees the monster, her eyes widen and she freezes for a moment, then she races toward Chrysler.

Yeah, sorry about that, guys. I didn't get on nearly at all yesterday because I didn't have time. Also, (like Vapor said) my swim team has gained 30 minutes, so it's now from 5:30-7:00 am. *smiles tiredly*