3 minutes ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

...huh. A last minute push to lynch me. *purses lips* Very well. I know who I want to be lynched. My vote is on them.

Dude you've already said this like 10 times. it's irrelevant now. we get it. you think I'm sus. Mist is only voting you because you're my main suspect. that's not really AI in this situation I don't think.

EDIT: and you can go ahead and write down "Mist-Illwei team?" in your notes as much as you like, understanding that it will be irrelevant in about a half hour. 

Edited by Illwei

Welp. This is going to be a rush to get some reads in. Most of this is going to be based off of what happened today.

Xino: Has been quite inactive, even under vote pressure. Their profile says they have visited since I voted on them, and no posts. So Mild Elim, with a dash of please be active.

Mist: Inactive for the first day-ish, but backed up by Vapor (or was that the other way around?). Did a good job doing some analysis and posting reads.

... and now she votes Venture. Er... Null.

Ashbringer: seems to be behind on their RP, but otherwise I agree with everything they've said. Mild Village.

Matrim: I'm a little off-put by him immediately going for Illwei after I stop doing that, but I don't think that's AI. Otherwise has been quite active doing analysis. Mild Village.

Elkanah: Has been working pretty hard analyzing almost everything, and has mostly stayed out of the Lotus-Illwei-Gears debacle to go after the inactive Xino. I don't see any reason not to trust him, besides as a Possible PM Networker gone bad. But that's an unlikely scenario. Mild Village.

Illwei: Grr. I've said before that I'm reading Illwei as somewhat Elim, between the chaoticness of posts and the Elim-tell that I noticed in Illwei last LG. The problem is... I honestly don't trust myself enough to say that's an unbiased read after soundly reading Illwei last LG. He does feel like he's playing partially differently (although that's probably what Elim!Illwei would do...) and the tell is both less present and very unpresent in others. Although now he's jokingly claiming Elim.... and now he's claiming Actor. ... I don't know, and I'm sticking with that. I'll put it as a Null.

Kings_Way: Doesn't post often, and is rather new, but advocating for killing the Monk isn't a good sign. Mild Elim. Their later posts have improved a bit.

Silber: One four-word post. A slightly bitter Null.

Lotus: Claims former Adjudicator, now swapped, backed up by Elkanah and not refuted by anyone. While there's a good amount of chaos surrounding her, now that she's not an immediate danger for the Elims to kill I don't see a reason to lynch her. Mild Village to Null.

Vapor: Only did RP today, and apparently had a large post eaten by the shard yesterday... but hasn't continued it. Mild Elim.

Ventyl: Seems to be their chaotic self... I disagree with their reasons to vote Lotus but they make some sense. But I'm not very good at judging Ventyl... Null.

Ad Venture: I haven't played with Venture before (besides the QF... we don't talk about the QF), but he seems to be doing good analysis and is resolute. I will likely vote to save him if it comes to that, at least for this round. Mild Village.

TJ Shade: Has been quite inactive, but for a reason. Null.

That's all I have time for right now... but I'll be watching. I'll try to adjust this to more include D1/N1's activities at a later date.

I feel like anyone feeling the way Illwei is should be able to be trusted. Edit: although their I'm an elim post makes me more unsure. 

Edit 2: if all my reads are wrong and I've made horrible mistakes, I'm sorry. 

Edited by Mist

2 minutes ago, Mist said:

although their I'm an elim post makes me more unsure. 

:P.

Anyways just some last minute things I don't feel good about:

1 hour ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

I'm tired, and don't have the time to read the full page I missed, but I'll glance over things, maybe change this message if something strikes me.

This post, as who knows what went on in that page, in a different game who knows, someone could have revealed something that showed who the actual elim was. just saying something that seems like an excuse to keep a vote on me

45 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Honestly it’s because of how confusing a lot of your posts have been. You’ve been all over the place.

Also your profile picture is super suspicious. What does that top hat hide?

Profile picture bit also feels the same way kinda. like a misdirect. like "oh yeah you're super suspicious lmao" 

Also Ventyl's peice about staying on Lotus because she's his best suspicion? it was late in the cycle and there was no reason for him to stay on Lotus by himself. IMO you express suspicions first and then change them eventually to the greater of two evils in your mind. of course Elk doesn't do that. And TJ isn't doing that. so whatever. I just don't like it.

17 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I haven't played with Venture before (besides the QF... we don't talk about the QF), but he seems to be doing good analysis and is resolute. I will likely vote to save him if it comes to that, at least for this round. Mild Village.

Hey, you wanna show me his good analysis? Have I just completely missed it?

17 minutes ago, Mist said:

Edit: although their I'm an elim post makes me more unsure

Oh, sorry, next time I'll make a poem. "I'm an Elim" feels like it could be a poem. not a good one...

Or maybe I'll try and pull a gears and write a ketek. I can't write keteks at all, but I could try...

EDIT: welp, see my other post for things I don't feel good about if anyone cares. just thought I'd put them there just incase nobody else saw them

Edited by Illwei

He did good analysis on all the possibilities relating to Devotary being an actor who may or may not have protected Lotus. I'm staying out of his repeated discussion on voting on you.

Speaking of which, did you do any acrobatics last night? Or just a vanilla action?

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

He did good analysis on all the possibilities relating to Devotary being an actor who may or may not have protected Lotus. I'm staying out of his repeated discussion on voting on you.

Speaking of which, did you do any acrobatics last night? Or just a vanilla action?

Okay, well I guess i must have completely overlooked that in his three posts he made this cycle, all of which containing a different reason for voting me.

me? I in fact swapped me and you. guess it's better than nothing as I won't be around long enough to earn any moneys

Edited by Illwei

Night 2

Akiia spoke swiftly and passionately, looking out at the crowd of their fellow merchants. They felt a bead of sweat roll down their brow. The crowd grew more galvanized the more Akiia spoke, every word seemingly driving nails deeper into their coffin. Their arguments made sense! Why wouldn't anyone understand what they said? The crowd pushed in onto Akiia and their words became more frantic, more heated, and rhetoric turned into heated argument.

When Akiia had come to Kae, they had admired how deep and rich the culture there seemed. The elantrians ruled fairly and AonDor was a staple that permeated life in Arelon. But after the Raod, Kae seemed to lose its depth, the layers of culture were being stripped away and what was left was hunger and a struggle for power. The power hungry merchants they were currently fending off had started to turn rotten, like an onion left out in the sun. They were sickening.

Akiia spent their final words spitting acid at those who accused them, but they could not stop the horde from taking them to the gallows. The rope waited for Akiia, and a small part of them welcomed it.

Illwei has been lynched! They were a Loyal Merchant and an Actor.

Vote Count:

Illwei (3): Venture, Matrim’s Dice, Lotus

Xinoehp (2): Elkanah, Ashbringer

Venture (2): Mist, Illwei

Lotus (1): Ventyl

Mist (1): TJ Shade

There were votes on four separate players, Socialites can now create group PMs.

The Night cycle will end in ~24 hours, on Thursday October 1st, at 2000 MDT (0200 GMT)

Item Market:

Spoiler
Item Price
Noble Insignia 24
Trade rights 24
Embargo 39
Personal Messenger 17

Contract Market

Spoiler
Contract Price
Muder 100
Surveillance 65
Bodyguard 55
Identity theft 79

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @xinoehp512 - Enjoys counting
  2. Gears - Kadio, the ultra-capitalist Loyal Merchant Trademaster
  3. @Mist - Tara Night, is their heart as dark as their last name?
  4. @Ashbringer - Faleast, . . . bone collector?
  5. @Matrim's Dice - Phialico, rhymes with calico
  6. @Elkanah - Lenkai, the anithesis of the player
  7. Illwei - Akiia, big fan of onions and probably ogres (layers joke) Loyal Merchant Actor
  8. @Kings_way - Oreo, double aon = double cool
  9. @Lord_Silberfarben - a man of two words
  10. @Lotus - Sunwalker, quote: "horribly unlucky"
  11. @Vapor - Taeon, hates most things (lik most 30-something year olds)
  12. @Ventyl - Lafay Etteax, keeps dying and coming back to life!
  13. @Butt Ad Venture - Lawrence Lokennake, Kleptomaniac? or Charlatan?
  14. @TJ Shade - everyday working-man
  15. Devotary of Spontaneity - Serenken, establishment clause for the win! Loyal Merchant Actor

Edited by Kynedath

Just... Gah!

I wasn't on after I made that last post of mine. I missed Mist's attempt at saving Illwei.

Honestly I don't know what I would have done. I'm not gonna say I would've switched off, or switched onto xino... cause I really don't know. I might have stayed. Now I feel more sorry than I did before... my apologies, Illwei. I'll try to figure out how to read you in the future, and wish the best of luck for your schooling.

1 hour ago, Kynedath said:

Illwei (3): Illwei, Matrim’s Dice, Lotus

I think that's supposed to say Venture, not Illwei :P.

Maybe I'm a bit more wary of Lotus than I was before? I still don't see a reason elim!LotusAdjudicator would have claimed, but part of me wants to at least consider Illwei's points. Maybe Lotus is trying a new playstyle, of claiming, and joking about pfp's... but maybe not. 

I'm going to bed. Maybe more in the morning, if there is anything...

Illwei isn't here to give me an idea of how to spend the long night. It's probably still not advisable to discuss our suspicions as that would give an elim adjudicator a good target... Does anyone know a good joke?

Also a side note: I enjoy PMs if you're looking for something to do for your night action :)

I might be. Are you asking for one?

31 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

Illwei isn't here to give me an idea of how to spend the long night. It's probably still not advisable to discuss our suspicions as that would give an elim adjudicator a good target... Does anyone know a good joke?

Also a side note: I enjoy PMs if you're looking for something to do for your night action :)

When does a bad joke become a dad joke? 

When the punch line becomes a-pparent! Sort of

On 9/27/2020 at 9:00 PM, Illwei said:

Graded on a scale of S-E, on completion, not accuracy. Expected on my desk no later than Monday at 1900 MDT. This is only the first in a series, and next night I expect a Proposal outlining the top three best suspects to vote on.

what exactly falls under "Proposal" ? I failed Technical Writing three times.

@Kynedath Do PMs have to be bought from the market? I'm a bit confused.

It looks like Illwei did give us our assignment for tonight after all. 

2 minutes ago, Mist said:

When does a bad joke become a dad joke? 

When the punch line becomes a-pparent!

I appreciate this

1 minute ago, Mist said:

It looks like Illwei did give us our assignment for tonight after all. 

Ooh you right. I'll get started and post right before rollover.

I'm swamped. :P My days are quite full, and I'm not as invested in SE as I used to be.

Was going to post a post last turn, but the rollover caught me off guard... unfortunately.

I'll do some quick vote analysis, nothing too spectacular.

On 9/29/2020 at 0:30 PM, Elkanah said:

As I see it, what changed was it no longer helps us to lynch village Lotus.

Last turn lynching village Lotus "helped" us by avoiding a lynch restriction (that didn't end up happening).

Lynching elim Lotus clearly helps us because lynching elim anyone is how we win. 

Given that lynching village Lotus is pretty irrelevant (although there is a neat rabbit hole. I would claim to have had my role switched whether it was or not). We have lost a lot of the reason to lynch them. I doubt the lynch takes off for that reason. 

I am sticking with my vote on Xinoehp for a minute, although he would have been a good target for an elim Adjudicator.

My vote is from an analysis of his past elim games where he tends to be less active than his village games, and his relative trying to seem active without being alignment indicative in Day 1.

A vote on me for meta reasons, which is... fair.  In my defense, I invite you to consider the fact that I missed the past 2-3? games and am somewhat out of practice.

(The fact that you find posting a vote count AI is slightly irritating, but mostly from a meta standpoint.)

On 9/29/2020 at 1:13 PM, Ventyl said:

Okay, it’s time for my post by post analysis of Lotus! I did one of these in LG... I don’t remember the number, but it’s been too long and I need to get back to doing them. Although, I generally find it hard to read people from the content of their post, and not just their vibe, I can do it if I look into it long enough. Anyway, here we go!

Day One:

1) A simple RP post, something about a worldhopper :P. NAI
2) Claims “adjuntator,” I wonder if this spelling was supposed to be an intentional joke, or an actual misspelling of the role. Either way It does strike me as odd that she claimed the role, after we’d talked about not wanting one to be killed by the elims. This is either an extremely village move, or an elim who’s line of thought was along the lines of; “If I claim this role, they won’t kill me?!” 
3) After being asked why she claimed, says because she wants to try something new, this is going to be NAI. I can’t really fault someone for this, and I also can’t know if it’s true or if it’s just an excuse to avoid suspicion. 
4-6) A back in forth between Lotus and Illwei about the latter moving their vote off of Gears, there isn’t much to read from this, but with how easily Lotus just lets Illwei’s ‘explaination’ satisfy her, the conspiracy theorist in me wants to see a Lotus-Illwei elim team. That’s probably not the case though.
7) Claims they read the rules about adjudicator wrong, seems suspicious, like she’s trying to backpedal her way out of suspicion. This gives me an elim read. However, it could be a genuine misunderstanding, I would know because I did the same thing in LG67.
8) Warns about rollover, NAI.

Night One:

They didn’t make a single post the entire turn... could easily be discussion in the elim doc. Though, it could just as easily be they weren’t able to get on in time. This gives me a bad vibe, they also could’ve been in PMs, so if anyone was in a PM with Lotus I would like to know. 

Day Two:

9) Claims to have been roll swapped, this gives me an immediate elim read. One, this could easily be her lying so that she no longer has to worry about suspicion as an elim adjudicator, and this is what I think it is. The likely hood that they were an adjudicator in the first place is also low, so why they would lie about having the role, and then getting it swapped strikes me as something extremely suspicious. I tend to believe that lying about your role is a pretty elim thing to do. Yes, there are circumstances where doing so as village can be beneficial, but it can cause too much chaos in the village to be helpful. Sure it’ll generate useful discussion, but if you have an important role and end up being killed, because you lied about your role, it’ll be terrible for the village. 

I was about to make this point, but I was ninja’d. This is one of the main reasons I think we lynch Lotus here, I had my reasons last cycle and now I have more. Sorry if some of this is pretty incoherent, I’m in a rambling mood right now. If you have questions about my vote, feel free to ping me about it.

So @Lotus, how do you plea?

I'm not sure I follow Ventyl's reasoning here. He cites his reasoning from last turn, which was all about how we should lynch Lotus to keep the eliminators from triggering the penalty- which, if Lotus was telling the truth, no longer applies. He then moves on to argue that there was a low chance that Lotus was an adjudicator, therefore she was probably lying. This removes any possibility that he actually intended to follow up on his reasoning from last turn. Furthermore, he seems to be basing his vote on Lotus on the assumption that she's lying, despite having practically no evidence that this is in fact the case.

From my perspective, this feels like an elim trying to get a lynch on Lotus, something that would be supported by the apparent lack of a kill on her. People seem to be chalking this up to Ventyl's playstyle, and perhaps I am reading this wrong - I'm not an expert on playstyles, especially since I missed the last few games. But from where I stand, Ventyl looks quite suspicious. 

On 9/29/2020 at 1:01 PM, Butt Ad Venture said:

"Hello and good day to all of you!" Lawrence shouts, "Nick Knacks and trinkets, Art and oddities! All sold for a bargain here, at my fine establishment." Spinning around to grab a covered display case Lawrence rips it off with a shout, "This is a fine bracelet, made by an old ruler of Elantris for his wife, who was murdered the next night!" He holds it up letting the not-so-fine metal loops catch the light. "See how fine it is? See the beauty of Elantris?" Lawrence smiles broadly, "Well buy the beauty of Elantris from me, and take it home today!"

Ah Geez. Devotionary, whyyyy. Just lost a great player, to a horrific muder. 

So. Lotus admits to having their roles swapped around. Thank you Mr Iadon. Thank you. Unless Lotus was lying. Then we need to harm them in a lynch or something. But I think that I'm willing to accept their story. And it's unlikely that we need to lynch them to prevent the Elims from sabotaging the lynch.

By the way, I am currently Suspicionless. Disappointing. But I can do the current vote count, and then put a vote on.....hmmm. Illewi I agree that is it most likely that Lotus was attacked, and that's how Devo died. But that doesn't place suspicion or blame upon Lotus. I doubt an Elim would target themselves, and Devo, as their full name suggests, is a person of action. Defending Lotus was the best choice for the village........wait. Waitwaitwait. Lotus could not be both defended by Devo and have their role swapped by Iadon. So either Lotus is lying, or Devo was directly targeted. So.......maybe we do kill Lotus?

Votes:
Lotus (1): Illwei
Zino: (1): Elk
Illewi (1): Venture

To be honest, I see nothing particularly alignment indicative in this post. I was confused at first reading Ilwei's post as well.

On 9/29/2020 at 8:51 PM, Matrim's Dice said:

Finally finished all of my things and caught up with the thread! So, here we go...

Initially I was confused about your first post, Illwei, but that has sense been cleared up, at least in my mind. But I was interested in the part I bolded, as I had sorta forgot what your reasons were. So I went back to check that D1 post you did.

What I see there is that you came to the conclusion of nothing: Two equally feasible ideas (elim!LotusAdjud claiming for protection/alibi and vil!LotusAdjud claiming for protection) and you leaning more on the elim side of things, but when you vote on Lotus:

...That doesn't make much sense and doesn't have anything to do with what you had previously said, iirc. Then you eventually retract:

Which I would say that elim!AdjudicatorLotus' teammates would not let her claim. First off, it was right after we were discussing elim adjudicators as a possibility and that we were scared of them and would like to be rid of them if they do in fact exist. Moments later Lotus claims and Gears immediately jumps on her for that specific reason. Secondly, an elim adjudicator is a very powerful role and if I were elim!adjudicatorLotus' teammate, I would definitely want to keep that as quiet as possible. So I just don't see that being how it works out, at all. I'm decently sure Lotus is village.

But then that brings up the question of why she's still alive. There are basically three options, all I believe which have been mentioned before:

1. Devotary used her actor ability on Lotus (which makes sense visually but not a whole lot of sense considering Lotus was the expected kill target, though I guess it's possible Devotary sacrificed herself for the belief of Lotus' survival...)
  2. The elims are setting up a possible mislynch later (I think is was Ash who said this?)
  3. The elims viewed Lotus as a far to obvious kill target.

Anyway, I kinda went off on a tangent there, so back to Illwei's retraction:

The first paragraph is talking about Gears. What I don't see there is a reason to retract from Lotus, or even an explanation for voting on her in the first place.

Illwei ends the day with, I believe, is a fairly NAI or Null reading on Lotus.

Flash forward to this cycle:

Remember Illwei voted Lotus for reasons from last cycle. Which as I already discovered... don't really exist :P. Anyway, on to more explaining by Illwei:

I get the possibility that Lotus wasn't NK'd because she's an elim herself, but... I see so many other more likely options than just that. I also think it's odd you're pushing this so hard after a fairly NAI end read at the conclusion of D1. It seems like you would have considered that more before immediately jumping on with a vote. 

Basically saying the same thing that was already said.

One more thing: Here's a specific part of the above post:

See, the problem that I'm having here is that you know and acknowledge that one of your major points for voting Lotus (getting the adjudicator out of the way before the elims do) is entirely useless now, and still don't retract your vote. And still haven't. Even then, your two points about voting Lotus are contradictory: One suggests Vil!Lotus, and one suggests Elim!Lotus. The first which has been proven invalid now, the second which I fundamentally disagree with.

On top of that, you've been a lot more confusing this game than I remember you being ever before. So I'll join Venture in voting Illwei. After reflection I really don't think Lotus is elim.

TL;DR: Illwei said that they were voting Lotus for 'reasons expressed last cycle', which I found there to be none. Then, the two reasons they gave this cycle not only are half incorrect, but contradict each other entirely. I don't think Lotus is an elim because I see no situation in which her teammates would let her claim.

Well, he wasn't right, but this was solid analysis. Definitely inclined to read Matrim village for this.

On 9/29/2020 at 9:06 PM, Lotus said:

You know, I’ll put a vote down on Illwei as well

A bandwagon vote. Not inherently elim, but doesn't exactly dissuade the possibility.

On 9/30/2020 at 4:34 PM, Ashbringer said:

Well, from what I know about Silber's activity his time zone is probably asleep right now, so I doubt I'll get a reaction from him. He also hasn't been on in a day, where Xino was last on an hour ago...

So...

Silber (this feels familiar), Xinoehp? @xinoehp512, any thoughts?

(Crosses fingers that Elkanah doesn't ninja me with a retraction)

Another poke/contribution crusade vote on me.

23 hours ago, Mist said:

I'm willing to lynch anyone besides myself, Xino, and Vapor.

I believe you. Is there anyone you would rather vote out?

Illwei Venture

I'm willing to go for anyone not those three, although I think Lotus is village. This vote will go where it must to protect those three. 

I'm out of time to discuss, maybe I'll look more at Venture tomorrow.

Day 3

The night was quiet. Ordinarily it would be peaceful, but tonight was tense. People were scared. A murder had happened last night, and nobody wanted to be out in case it happened again.

A twisted knife glinted in the moonlight as a hooded figure took it out of its hiding place in their robes.The figure examined it and fond memories arose. The color of rubies, the smell of iron.

TJ was relaxing in their home, signing trade documents and drinking tea. They were engrossed in terms and conditions, they didn’t hear the window crack open, or the slippered feet that barely made the floorboards creak. They didn’t feel the blade, or the tea they spilled.

TJ Shade has died! They were a Loyal Merchant and a Kingpin.

The cycle will end in ~48 hours on Saturday the 3rd, at 2000 MDT (0200 GMT)

Item market:

Spoiler
Item Price
Noble Insignia 24
Trade rights 24
Embargo 39
Personal Messenger 17

Contract Market:

Spoiler
Contract Price
Muder 110
Surveillance 72
Bodyguard 61
Identity theft 87

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @xinoehp512 - Enjoys counting
  2. Gears - Kadio, the ultra-capitalist Loyal Merchant Trademaster
  3. @Mist - Tara Night, is their heart as dark as their last name?
  4. @Ashbringer - Faleast, . . . bone collector?
  5. @Matrim's Dice - Phialico, rhymes with calico
  6. @Elkanah - Lenkai, the anithesis of the player
  7. Illwei - Akiia, big fan of onions and probably ogres (layers joke) Loyal Merchant Actor
  8. @Kings_way - Oreo, double aon = double cool
  9. @Lord_Silberfarben - a man of two words
  10. @Lotus - Sunwalker, quote: "horribly unlucky"
  11. @Vapor - Taeon, hates most things (lik most 30-something year olds)
  12. @Ventyl - Lafay Etteax, keeps dying and coming back to life!
  13. @Butt Ad Venture - Lawrence Lokennake, Kleptomaniac? or Charlatan?
  14. TJ Shade - everyday working-man Loyal Merchant Kingpin
  15. Devotary of Spontaneity - Serenken, establishment clause for the win! Loyal Merchant Actor