The Linear Thread

Condensation

2 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Ellis," Q whispered, "I wouldn't want to anger the man with your horrible stance, or with that tone of voice for that matter."

2 minutes ago, TheWard'sGuard said:

"That's it, I'm calling security."

The Butler tried to slam the door before moving to pull a rope next to him that rose up to the celling.

Ellis kicked the butler over, holding the door open. "Come on!"

1 minute ago, TheWard'sGuard said:

"That's it, I'm calling security."

The Butler tried to slam the door before moving to pull a rope next to him that rose up to the celling.

"Oh Ko'ad, I wished it hadn't come to this." In the quick of a flash, a white knife appeared in her hand as she threw it with pinpoint accuracy in the poor butler's neck.

Sorry, @TheWard'sGuard

1 minute ago, TheWard'sGuard said:

The butler fell to the floor with a yelp.

"What do you think that you're doing?"

1 minute ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Oh Ko'ad, I wished it hadn't come to this." In the quick of a flash, a white knife appeared in her hand as she threw it with pinpoint accuracy in the poor butler's neck.

Sorry, @TheWard'sGuard

Oh dear.

Sorry, @TheWard'sGuard

The butler made gurgling noises as he tried to struggle, reaching into his pocket. He started spasming before he could pull whatever was in his pocket out.

3 minutes ago, TheWard'sGuard said:

The butler made gurgling noises as he tried to struggle, reaching into his pocket. He started spasming before he could pull whatever was in his pocket out.

"Now that he's out of the way, poor soul," she said, taking a look around. "You probably want to run or at least make sure that security doesn't catch up."

She walked over to the dead body and pulled the ivory blade out with ease. "'Bout time something interesting happened, Krow," she muttered to herself.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ellis stood up, fists clenched. Without looking back, he handed the locket to Q.

"Hum?" She plucked the locket out of his hands. A flicker of horror filled her gaze, but was completely smothered by indifference. "It'll–It'll be fine." Q sounded as if she was trying to tell herself that. "It's only another nightmare," she added quietly.

2 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Now that he's out of the way, poor soul," she said, taking a look around. "You probably want to run or at least make sure that security doesn't catch up."

She walked over to the dead body and pulled the ivory blade out with ease. "'Bout time something interesting happened, Krow," she muttered to herself.

"Hum?" She plucked the locket out of his hands. A flicker of horror filled her gaze, but was completely smothered by indifference. "It'll–It'll be fine." Q sounded as if she was trying to tell herself that. "It's only another nightmare," she added quietly.

"We're going to keep going, but don't think that I'm just going to let this slide."

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Q, you’re a meanie.

Melody gaped, eyes wide. “You just... you just killed him!”

Quite aware of that.

"Don't remind me." No emotion showed in her eyes as she said that. Q's hand shook only slightly as she pocketed the locket.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"We're going to keep going, but don't think that I'm just going to let this slide."

Q flinched slightly, but didn't say anything, her expression cold as ice. She strode past the body without another glance and took a peek beyond the door.

Quite aware of that.

"Don't remind me." No emotion showed in her eyes as she said that. Q's hand shook only slightly as she pocketed the locket.

Q flinched slightly, but didn't say anything, her expression cold as ice. She strode past the body without another glance and took a peek beyond the door.

Ellis led the way up a winding staircase.

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ellis led the way up a winding staircase.

Q followed, giving a wide berth around the group. Her hand kept patting the pocket where she had put the locket in as she climbed, not paying attention to where she was going. "It's fine, Krow," she spoke under her breath, not wanting to be heard. "Only one more... He's not here, he wouldn't have known what else to have done."

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

After ascending the staircase, they stood before a tall wooden door inscribed with ancient symbols.

"He's in here." Ellis decided.

"Wouldn't have thought," Q mumbled. She glanced around, looking for someone that wasn't there, but she turned her gaze back to the door. She folded her arms. "How are you supposed to get in?"