The Linear Thread

Condensation

Just now, Mystic Syn said:

Really? Cos Q is just standing there like a complete useless idiot while Ellis is having a character building moment that I'm not sure how I can segway into without destroying Ellis' will to live, lol.

There will always be scenes where you feel useless! You'll stop being useless once those scenes are done.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

There will always be scenes where you feel useless! You'll stop being useless once those scenes are done.

I have a lot of rp scenes that are like this, where I'm completely useless and then I leave bc I have to do something irl, and people have gotten along just fine without Q's comments and her just being a cold-blooded murderer. I was just asking, cos I'm not sure how to segway Q's thing that she needs to get done in here without destroying your amazing character building.

Just now, Mystic Syn said:

I have a lot of rp scenes that are like this, where I'm completely useless and then I leave bc I have to do something irl, and people have gotten along just fine without Q's comments and her just being a cold-blooded murderer. I was just asking, cos I'm not sure how to segway Q's thing that she needs to get done in here without destroying your amazing character building.

Have her try to say something nice! Or just have her mutter to herself some more.

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Have her try to say something nice! Or just have her mutter to herself some more.

Not really a part of her character, especially when it's with people that she has just met, lol. But man, I think that you can tell that it's been a while since I've rped with more than one person, lol. Tbh, it's also not her to just leave while there's some hot tea being spilt. Idk, I'll come up with something once I've finally come to terms that this is not just a story that I write where ik what the outcome will be, but it's a story with interesting characters that have experiences of their own and where I will not know what their ending is, even if it's good or bad. Those stories being told by you help define what story that I'm telling as well, and I don't want to ruin it. I say let you have your moment with my awkwardness still there and if Q is needed, I'm sure that she can stab something.

3 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Gerald rushed the wizard with tentacles flailing, determined to do something useful.

@Jaywalk

56 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Gerald, wait! You can't just attack someone randomly. Even if he seems to have done something to Ellis... let him explain!"

"I dunno," Q said, pulling out her ivory knife while taking a step forward. "It kind of worked with me, but then again and no offense, he's a squid... thing." She pointed the tip of her knife at Gerald. "But Melody's right and we should let him explain before I run my knives through him. I dunno what you're going to do.. it was Gerald, right?"

20 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

"I dunno," Q said, pulling out her ivory knife while taking a step forward. "It kind of worked with me, but then again and no offense, he's a squid... thing." She pointed the tip of her knife at Gerald. "But Melody's right and we should let him explain before I run my knives through him. I dunno what you're going to do.. it was Gerald, right?"

"Why are you pointing your knife at Gerald? I'm so confused."

7 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"But he's the antagonist!" objected Gerald. "He created this place and trapped us in here. We want to leave, and he doesn't want us to."

"How do we know? For all we know, he saw that we needed someplace to stay and left us the portal so we could come to stay here!"

15 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Why are you pointing your knife at Gerald? I'm so confused."

"I don't want to use my finger."

10 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"But he's the antagonist!" objected Gerald. "He created this place and trapped us in here. We want to leave, and he doesn't want us to."

"As Melody has said," Q said, raising an eyebrow at the supposed magician. "We don't know why we're here–– well, I know why I'm here, but I don't know why you guys are here. For all you know, you guys are here to meet each other to go on a quest." She moved her head from side to side, considering her options. "Or he does want to trap us, but we don't know that for sure."