Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

Finn was watching with an odd mixture of curiosity and confusion. He decided to just guard the group and wait for an opening to shoot the speed demon with his bow. He focused on the individual light beams around him using his Aspect, and then managed to find the very faint...shadow of where his enemy had just been. Not enough to go on for a shot, but a start.

Edited by Flaming Coinshoot

13 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Corwin blanched significantly.  "You're friends with the assassin that attacked his lawyer mid-trial and ran?!  Isn't he supposed to be a psych- I mean-"  His face went very red, and he stammered, caught between the need to express how insane the situation was and his desire to not be nice.  He eventually gave up the endeavor.  "Cadence, do you think you can freeze the area over with a thin sheet of my blood?"

Cadenza let out a laugh. "I would not say friends. Yes, he knows me." She rolled her eyes.

7 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

She sucked in a breath, then shrieked despite herself as she ran it across her forearm.

"Janice!!!"

4 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

He latched his arm around Janice, locking her in place. “Cruz, do your thing. @Condensation Cadenza, draw my blood, if you will. Mix it with some water; the ocean’s nearby. Try to freeze the area around that opponent.”

"Are you sure? That'd be a lot of blood to lose."

1 minute ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"How much?" he asked, voice high pitched, then he shook his head.  "Never mind.  Yes, I'm sure."

"Isn't there a way to do it without the blood? Not that I'm squeamish or anything, I just... don't want it all over my clothes. Yeah. Don't want it all over my clothes."

3 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Isn't there a way to do it without the blood? Not that I'm squeamish or anything, I just... don't want it all over my clothes. Yeah. Don't want it all over my clothes."

"Not unless I can magically spit or sweat a gallon, and the reserves I've saved are at the academy.  There's no time; just do it."

3 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"Not unless I can magically spit or sweat a gallon, and the reserves I've saved are at the academy.  There's no time; just do it."

"Do it yourself!" Cadenza snapped. She took a deep breath. "Yeah... sorry. So no arteries, but also not just capillaries. And arm is convenient." She materialized an ice dagger. "Here, you do it."

49 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Do it yourself!" Cadenza snapped. She took a deep breath. "Yeah... sorry. So no arteries, but also not just capillaries. And arm is convenient." She materialized an ice dagger. "Here, you do it."

51 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

“What is it with you guys and bleeding?” Cruz muttered.

"Sorry," Corwin said, "I don't exactly need to use the bathroom right now, unfortunately, and I don't think any of you would like using that particular bodily fluid in battle."  He positioned the knife over his existing wound, then he scratched the surface thinly.  "It won't take much.  Mix it with some water, about a 1-10 ratio should keep the friction affinity.  If you can manipulate it like a superpower, that'd be great."  He withdrew a bottle from his bag, catching the liquid.  "Just pretend it's strawberry punch," he said cheerily.

Oh. Oops.

Cumulo shot from anywhere to everywhere, kicking up sand and sea alike. He couldn't tell if Vespyr was following his movements; it came with his opponent being blind. Still, he wasn't getting anywhere by just running around.

The dreadlord zipped up at Vespyr's face, slashing out with his blade.

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Cumulo shot from anywhere to everywhere, kicking up sand and sea alike. He couldn't tell if Vespyr was following his movements; it came with his opponent being blind. Still, he wasn't getting anywhere by just running around.

The dreadlord zipped up at Vespyr's face, slashing out with his blade.

Vespyr, for the most part, had been making minimal movements.  He wasn't going to expend energy to chase Cumulo down; Cumulo was here to kill him, so he'd have to get close soon.  It was easy to track his general direction because of the huge amount of sand and water he kicked up, and Vespyr burned through a little of his lightning bolt.  He snatched at Cumulo's arm, swaying to the side, matching Cumulo's speed for an instant, and then slamming his palm towards the side of Cumulo's face.

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

That was a mistake. Directing his reactions through his nerves with his electricity, Cumulo's sword shot up at Vespyr's wrist, intent at running it through.

((Vespyr grabbed at the hand that was thrusting towards him, the one with the sword, unless he's wielding two blades?  Sidestep, stepping into and past the blade, grab the wrist, palm-strike at the face?))

10 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

That was a mistake. Directing his reactions through his nerves with his electricity, Cumulo tossed his sword from one hand to the other. It shot up at Vespyr's wrist, intent at running it through.

Vespyr smiled.  He moved his arm just-so, and the blade ran clean between the two bones of his forearm.  Twisting his arm abruptly, he jerked the sword's hilt down toward the ground in an attempt to disarm his opponent.  It was that, or fall to the ground with the hilt, the blade still skewering Vespyr's forearm.  With his other arm, he unleashed a barrage of blows on the head, shoulders, and neck of Cumulo while he had him trapped with his sword.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Another jolt of lightning ran through Cumulo's system, pushing his body to speeds no mere human could possibly achieve. He was twenty feet away half a second later, growling about the loss of his blade.

Vespyr removed the blade, swinging it lightly.  "You always were reliant on something to do the job for you," he said, cutting the air experimentally.  "Still.  You know quality craftsmen."

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Last time I hit you with my lightning I got a nasty shock." Cumulo replied. "But blades don't cut with vibrations, do they?"

Two knives slid into his hands.

"Not when they're sharp," Vespyr agreed.  He infused the ground.  Sand.  It began to vibrate, and anyone standing on it -aside from himself- would begin to sink into it, up to their thighs.  The drag should slow Cumulo down significantly, and by now, there should be some ranged fighters arriving from the academy.