Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Well, first of all, you should put all OOC posts in quote boxes :D.

Step 1: Read Null's worldbuilding document. ALL OF IT.

Step 2: Design a character.

Step 3: Make sure your character is a-okay with the big man (Null).

Step 4: Post something. We'll work you into the plot somehow.

I swear I spend more time helping people out with characters than I spend roleplaying on this thread currently. I guess that's all my fault :P 

1 hour ago, Exotwo said:

wait so a rock basically shapes the Planet?

I also don't get the whole academy thing. and the Attributes.
so if I understand, there are many Nations, and they live in peace.  (ish) and there is a rock that is basically what makes attributes. 

if I understand, the Technology is more advanced then IRL?

Qhoral corrupts?

How about you PM me if you have any more questions? These guys did a good job explaining, I think, but it'll be a bit easier than trying to put it all on this thread.

20 minutes ago, Exotwo said:

Okay. I'll join the terrorist groups. 

Apparently people really like the Talon... and being corrupted... Ok, let's just say I'm noticing a pattern :) 

Just now, I Am A Fish said:

Let us see...

Villains have:

• More resources
  • Better lines
  • Cooler backstories
  • And really cool costumes

Heroes have:

• Friendship

Villains have:

• More resources
  • Good lines
  • Cool backstories
  • REALLY cool costumes

Heroes have:

• More resourcefulness
  • Good lines
  • Cool backstories
  • Cool costumes
  • Friendship

Ok, this got buried, so we're going to interject a new plotline in here if no one minds...

Also, that's why I like to play enigmatic side characters because you get all of those things.

1 hour ago, I Am A Fish said:

@Negative_Null

Xenia had never enjoyed interrogating hostages.

It wasn't that she was bad at it, it just wasn't the same as working on a mech suits,

or tinkering with the vortex wings she'd designed.

Walking up a small flight of stairs, she stepped into a dark, mostly empty room. The walls were entirely black, with a single lamp on the ceiling casting a dim light over the room. The only things of note in the room were two chairs, with a table between them. 

The one closest to the door was empty.

In the other sat a small, balding man, his hands cuffed to the armrests.

Sitting down in the empty chair, Xenia turned towards the man.

"Dr. Franklin Pearce, do you know why you are here?"

The man groaned. "I can guess... but if you're looking for Franklin, I don't know any Franklins."

Remind of Xenia's Aspect, please.

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Vespyr tilted its head at Trace.  Was this the angsty teenage behavior that people spoke about?  It wasn't quite sure why the person seemed so upset.  She wasn't dead.  She wasn't harmed.  She was in a safe, dry place, and Vespyr had even let her keep her... ally.  Ally, not pet.  "I want nothing from you.  I have been sent to retrieve you," it said again.

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr tilted its head at Trace.  Was this the angsty teenage behavior that people spoke about?  It wasn't quite sure why the person seemed so upset.  She wasn't dead.  She wasn't harmed.  She was in a safe, dry place, and Vespyr had even let her keep her... ally.  Ally, not pet.  "I want nothing from you.  I have been sent to retrieve you," it said again.

"Retrieve me and take me where?"

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Retrieve me and take me where?"

Was she certain she wasn't under the influence of a concussion.  Vespyr turned its head to Cruz, as if to double check that he wasn't concerned.  "To her Majesty, of course."  Vespyr had mentioned the Queen once before, she was certain.  Did... Did Trace know who the Queen was?  Vespyr wished it had learned a little bit more about the target other than the face and the name.

Was she certain she wasn't under the influence of a concussion.  Vespyr turned its head to Cruz, as if to double check that he wasn't concerned.  "To her Majesty, of course."  Vespyr had mentioned the Queen once before, she was certain.  Did... Did Trace know who the Queen was?  Vespyr wished it had learned a little bit more about the target other than the face and the name.

"Do you mean my Queen?"

Goodness... There was certainly some grammatical lesson to be launched about proper nouns and titles, but Vespyr only grew more frustrated.  "The Pure Queen," it elaborated firmly, certain that the adjective was enough to specify enough.

"Ah. Yes. Her. Yeah, you see, she told me not to go back until I've purified this body."

Okay I finally made a character... 

Spoiler

Starnova:

Name: Starnova

Species: Sylven human,  

Attribute: wings I guess? (does that work?)

Personality: you’ll see. 

Weapon: a knife plated with Qhoral (the electricity one)

Team: Evil or talon whatever

Appearance: has some sort of Wings resembling a larger pair of bat wings. Has Black hair and Yellow eye colour, for no absolute reason other than because I like it that way. Average height for a human, around 5’11 or so, and wears dark blue stuff that looks like a ninja. You get the idea.

Profession: Starnova has seeked more chaos than profession, but is extremely good at stealth.

and now I need null to say that it is good and whatnot

1 minute ago, Exotwo said:

Name: Starnova

Species: Sylven human,  

Attribute: wings I guess? (does that work?)

Personality: you’ll see. 

Weapon: a knife plated with Qhoral (the electricity one)

Team: Evil or talon whatever

Appearance: has some sort of Wings resembling a larger pair of bat wings. Has Black hair and Yellow eye colour, for no absolute reason other than because I like it that way. Average height for a human, around 5’11 or so, and wears dark blue stuff that looks like a ninja. You get the idea.

Profession: Starnova has seeked more chaos than profession, but is extremely good at stealth.

By "Attribute" do you mean "Aspect?"

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hey, I'm not done here yet. Go back and tell Her Majesty that I'm not ready to go back yet."

Vespyr lowered its head to its chest silently, not about to debate.  It had been told to expect reluctance and even resistance.  Although it appeared relaxed, Vespyr was prepared if an attack came.