Little things that make you happy

Hen

1. Pitch black darkness. Bonus points if you’re underground  somewhere so the air is utterly motionless. It envelops you like a blanket. the entire world fades away and leaves you with nothing but stillness. everything about you fades away as well.

2. The moon. i mean cmon. have you seen it?????????? I talk to the moon more often than is probably healthy. But cmon, it’s just so friendly! It has watched over humanity for as long as we’ve been here. An eternal companion for us all. a grand unifier. 

3. Heights. literally just, being physically above things. It offers a new perspective. You can stare off into the horizon for miles. speaking of that…

4. The horizon. Gives us sunsets and sunrises. It’s a promise that there’s always more to see. A reason to keep going. A place to keep going. Represents continuation. That there’s always something hidden. Always another secret. 

5. 2am clouds. hauntingly beautiful shadows. Nebulous watchers. reminds you of everything and nothing and your place in this world.

6. The cold. Being chilly. An excuse to wear your favorite hoodie. Cold has none of the vanity of heat. It is impartial and unbiased and cruel and wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excuses. Specifically excuses to do something special. Your birthday? Have some cake! It's a beautiful day? Go on a walk! It's October? A whole month of scary stories and movies and games it is. To the "Christmas is a business stunt" camp, you may or may not be right (not gonna start an argument here) but come on, are you gonna pass on an excuse to put on lights and eat delicious food? And even something as stupid and far fetched as a fictional character's birthday (I have done that, yes), any excuse is good to do something special. 

• 1 month later...

Got my VPN working properly again, after something like half an hour spent wrangling with their customer support. Yay!

Edit - now it keeps shorting out. Stupid thing

Edit 2 - started working again, I listened to Poland v Argentina on the radio. Argentina two-nil. So glad I decided to stay up for it, though I'm sure I'll regret it tomorrow.

Mexico played a great game and won, but they're still going out. Shame.

Edited by Ookla the Cloud

15 minutes ago, Ookla the Cloud said:

Now you gotta tell me which song :huh:

Echoes by Pink Floyd.

It's actually not even the song I listened the most times, it's only #5. But the ones ahead have more conventional length :lol:

Edited by Ookla Carried by the Wind
Changed the link to the official version of the song on PF's channel

When someone is leaning against your locker and then realize that it's yours and you need to get into it, and then they're like, "oh sorry!" and move.

That happened the day before yesterday and it was refreshing. Usually several kids just stand right in front of it and I stand there looking annoyed until they leave. Usually not because I need to open it, just because they're going now. I'd say "excuse me" but it's rarely quiet enough for them to hear me.

Also

Spoiler

just maybe

Spoiler

because

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

being frustrated is kind of fun. Oh, the ways of humans are dumb. I sometimes like being angry, and I know that's not healthy! So I try not to.

Edited by Ookla the Pencil Taxi

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Copy and paste

Nah it turns out some emojis work here and some don't. I wasted like ten whole minutes trying to work out which ones, it's amazing what procrastinating homework will do to a girl. Should probably go do it now tbh...

Edit: it wasn't me who discovered this, full credit here

Edited by Robin Sedai

8 hours ago, Robin Sedai said:

Nah it turns out some emojis work here and some don't. I wasted like ten whole minutes trying to work out which ones, it's amazing what procrastinating homework will do to a girl. Should probably go do it now tbh...

Edit: it wasn't me who discovered this, full credit here

HAHA YES IVE BEEN CREDITED!!!

✨✨✨✨

Listening to piano and cello covers of my favorite songs.

Listening to Linkin Park.

Walking in a light rain.

Seeing a little child laugh or be happy.

Getting into a flow state when I'm writing.

Seeing that someone has commented on one of my posts.

Walking around a bookstore to find books to add to my ever-expanding and never-diminishing TBR.

Driving at night in the spring, with nothing around but the occasional other car and some good tunes.

Finding a song I used to listen to a lot and falling in love with it again.

Just sitting in my car at night, parked where I can see the lights of downtown.

Reading the final chapter of a good book, huddled in my reading corner as rain softly patters on my roof in the night. can you tell I'm a night owl yet?

Rewatching a movie I haven't seen in years and finding that I still love it.

Watching the Star Wars: Rebels finale.