Long Game 69: The Politics of the Passions

Zillah

18 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Thus, Frozen Mint.

Voting out people because they're inactive doesn't seem like the best move to me D1? there is nothing to go on in terms of alignment so its, uh...phrase....it's all up to chance at that point? and we wouldn't even really learn anything from their lynch if they're village? so it's not like we'd have something to build off of for the next cycle? Idk I'm not too familiar with the contribution crusade. 

With the poke vote reasoning, you would have to assume that vapor is an elim, so why not join me in lynching them? :). Not sure if you're reasoning with that or telling vapor that but either way

Edited by Illwei

21 minutes ago, Mist said:

Vapor's behavior is atypical for her, so I'm sus (for C1). I have what I think is a gut read on Matrim.

I have just finished school and cross country. I'll analyze, but I want to get something out.

Care to explain, if you can? What prompted this? (Obviously with a gut read there won't be much, but I'd still like to know)

I actually like a bit of suspicions on me, as this probably makes me less likely to get elim killed :P But right now, with this tight of a lynch, I'm not so sure.

24 minutes ago, Illwei said:

*narrows eyes* 

Yeah, sorry for following your vote after you said you'd find that weird and I agreed with you :P. I don't super agree with your reasoning, but I agree with it more than the others.

I continue to wonder why everyone decides it's a good idea to discuss and vote in the last hour of a 48 hour cycle :P 

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Sorry guys, I just realized the cycle ends in less than an hour... half an hour ago.

@Elandera @Vapor I'm not sure if my post will convince Elandera to remove their vote on me, but hello, I'm here and would like to not die. :P

Also speaking more generally, I like contribution crusades but I don't see any value in them on D1. It tells us even less than D1 lynches normally do.

I'm going to go through the thread to see if I can pick someone to vote on, mostly for the sake of self preservation TBH.

13 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I continue to wonder why everyone decides it's a good idea to discuss and vote in the last hour of a 48 hour cycle

Panic, really. 

2 minutes ago, Frozen Mint said:

Sorry guys, I just realized the cycle ends in less than an hour... half an hour ago.

@Elandera @Vapor I'm not sure if my post will convince Elandera to remove their vote on me, but hello, I'm here and would like to not die. :P

Also speaking more generally, I like contribution crusades but I don't see any value in them on D1. It tells us even less than D1 lynches normally do.

I'm going to go through the thread to see if I can pick someone to vote on, mostly for the sake of self preservation TBH.

Welcome. Frozen Mint. No point in killing you now.

Contribution Crusades are always a difficult topic, but when there is no real discussion happening, it's better than killing off one of the few actually talkative ones. With how much has been discussed during this cycle, a lynch on someone like Mint (especially with the immediate and strong defense after my vote), would actually tell us a lot. However, since they've arrived, I won't push the issue any further at this moment.

18 minutes ago, Illwei said:

With the poke vote reasoning, you would have to assume that vapor is an elim, so why not join me in lynching them? :). Not sure if you're reasoning with that or telling vapor that but either way

It's just a common occurrence that explains why I'm not shy about bandwagoning a poke vote. It just wasn't my reasoning at the time, as I'm not really that suspicious of Vapor this cycle. I was more suspicious of the lurking, and still am in some ways, but I don't know Mint well enough to know if that's AI or not. Several players come to mind that were lurkers no matter which alignment they played.

I believe the votes stand with Vapor in the lead (two votes), with Mint, Mist, Matrim, Sart, and Kynedath following.

Let's make things interesting. Matrim.

5 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Panic, really. 

I believe the votes stand with Vapor in the lead (two votes), with Mint, Mist, Matrim, Sart, and Kynedath following.

Let's make things interesting. Matrim.

Panic, yes. An accurate description at being a D1 lynch candidate...

Care to explain why you chose me over the others? Two hours ago there wasn't any talk of lynching me. Now there's two votes, one with a 'gut read' and yours, which is unexplained. I don't want to go, I want to try out the mechanics of this game! :P Even if I do have a good death RP requested (if necessary) I'd rather use it the latest time possible. 

I don't really see what I can say to defend myself, as there hasn't been any actual accusations against me. I am among the most active right now, though, and this game isn't a 10 page D1 LG like we've seen before. I believe you just said you'd rather not lynch an active player, also. Please don't mislynch me, I guess? :P.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

On 8/30/2020 at 2:01 AM, TJ Shade said:

First impressions - I do not feel good about Elkanah and Sart. I have a reason , but I'm not ready to tell it yet because of... reasons.

This is from a very early D1 post so it's... odd. Not suspicious, just odd.  I'm surprised there hasn't been more commentary on it. TJ, I'm wondering if maybe you'd be willing to reveal the reason for your vote at this point? Maybe you're planning on revealing it next turn.

I'm feeling pretty good about Kyne and Matrim so far. I also don't see any reason to lynch Vapor.

Elandera seems to be pushing some buttons which gives me village vibes, even if she did vote on one of my other village reads.

I could vote on a new lynch target but I don't really have anyone I want to vote on. So I'll add a vote to Mist and see what happens, although I suspect Sart might remove their vote on Mist since Mist placed a vote.

7 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Panic, yes. An accurate description at being a D1 lynch candidate...

Care to explain why you chose me over the others? Two hours ago there wasn't any talk of lynching me. Now there's two votes, one with a 'gut read' and yours, which is unexplained. I don't want to go, I want to try out the mechanics of this game! :P Even if I do have a good death RP requested (if necessary) I'd rather use it the latest time possible. 

I don't really see what I can say to defend myself, as there hasn't been any actual accusations against me. I am among the most active right now, though, and this game isn't a 10 page D1 LG like we've seen before. Please don't mislynch me, I guess? :P.

Shoot.. I typed the wrong name! Matrim. I said specifically earlier I didn't want to lynch you because you were active.

Ninja'd by Frozen. Now that there's a second two-vote candidate. I'm going to leave it as is.

Just now, Elandera said:

Shoot.. I typed the wrong name! Matrim. I said specifically earlier I didn't want to lynch you because you were active.

Ninja'd by Frozen. Now that there's a second two-vote candidate. I'm going to leave it as is.

xD Well then. I missed that, apparently :P. Thanks, I guess?

7 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I'll vote for Mist

Don't have strong feelings either way but I tend to be extremely over suspicious of Sart and am trying to tame that a bit. XD

Interesting reasoning. 

"I've heard enough rumors that some of them are probably true. Why thank you. Are you sure?" Tara takes a deep breath, then walks into the room. She pulls her notes out from under her arm, taking one last glance at them.

2 minutes ago, Elandera said:

(Anyone else find it slightly ironic the top two candidates are Vapor and Mist?)

We're siblings. 

Please don't lynch me D1 twice in a row. Maybe it's better this way because school.

Edit: Oh yes, reasoning/responses. Working on it.

Edited by Mist

Well. Hmm.

2 minutes ago, Frozen Mint said:

This is from a very early D1 post so it's... odd. Not suspicious, just odd.  I'm surprised there hasn't been more commentary on it. TJ, I'm wondering if maybe you'd be willing to reveal the reason for your vote at this point? Maybe you're planning on revealing it next turn.

I think I've spied the reason that TJ suspects Sart, but I'm going to leave it alone. If I'm right, I'm fairly certain why he wouldn't mention it. But there's also something I've learned playing this: if you reveal what specifically makes you suspicious of someone, that person will change it, and you'll never know if it was something the person was legitimately doing or just a random thing. If you keep quiet about specifics, you can wait and see if they'll change.

That doesn't make any sense when I try and say it, but I'm really tired. Essentially, I think I see why TJ's suspicious of Sart but I'm not going to vote for him for it (yet), and I don't think pushing TJ to reveal is a good idea. The push seems... off.

(I'm also a little... irked by Elkanah predicting our movements, because now people are going to specifically not use those movements... or because the prediction on me is too right... or is it too wrong? Many mindgames... but it's not exactly suspicious. The white text (while seemingly just jokes) is a little off-putting as well.)

I'd rather vote Frozen Mint than Vapor/Mist. It's not much evidence, but it's mine, and much more than anything I have on the others.

Whatever. Vote me out. It's probably better this way because school. @Sart

But mislynches are bad. Matrim Vapor

Perhaps luck and chance will favor me.

Mat, it was some comments you made, although once I noticed one I kept noticing stuff which is probably only NAI to me because I'm looking for it. IDK.

Edit: 2x in a row, perhaps. Lynched D1. Yay! /s

Edited by Mist

Jumble of random thoughts right before rollover:

So it looks like it will be a random lynch on the Vapor/Mist duo. Interesting :P 

I don't really like Lotus's vote, tbh. And I realized Mist was D1 mislynched last LG, so sorry if that repeats :P.

EDIT: New page again. Wheeeeeee

Edited by Matrim's Dice

{Writeup to come if I have time}

Mist has been lynched, they were a member of the Loyal Campaign Staff

Night one has begun, and will end in approximately 24 hours, Wednesday August 2nd, 0100 UTC. 

Sart: (1) TJ Shade

Vapor (3) Illwei, Mist, Matrims Dice

Frozen Mint (2) Vapor, Ashbringer

Kynedath (1) Elkanah

Mist (3) Sart,  Lotus, Frozen Mint

Player List

Spoiler
  1. Experience - Shard
  2. Illwei
  3. Matrims Dice - Phil
  4. Lotus - Sunwalker
  5. TJ Shade - Ylns
  6. Frozen Mint
  7. Kynedath - Tktk
  8. Vapor
  9. Lord Silberfarben
  10. Elkanah - Lknik (a possible addict)
  11. The Young Pyromancer - Mancia Young
  12. Ashbringer - Faleast
  13. Mist - Tara Night  Loyal Staff
  14. Sart the Bard
  15. Elandera
Edited by Zillah

Sorry Mist for two in a row :P.

K, so this makes me question Lotus, who voted Mist right as Mint tied the vote:

I'll vote for Mist

Don't have strong feelings either way but I tend to be extremely over suspicious of Sart and am trying to tame that a bit. XD

I don't know why @Lotus voted Mint here. I think that her reasoning is that she tends to be suspicious of Sart, so in an attempt to remedy that voted on Sart's suspicion? To me that seems strange.

When she voted, it was 2 votes for Mist, 2 votes for Vapor. There's the possibility of a Lotus/Vapor team with Lotus throwing out this vote to save Vapor, but it's kinda far-fetched. It is something I'll look into though, as I have absolutely no idea why Mist had any votes on her at all. What were the suspicions on her that were mentioned?

...Were there any? @Sart, @Frozen Mint, what made you vote Mist?

19 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I have absolutely no idea why Mist had any votes on her at all. What were the suspicions on her that were mentioned?

I was wondering this too, because Sart's vote appeared to be a late-day poke vote? and then close to the end Lotus voted on Mist because....she was suspicious of Sart? I'm confused

EDIT: okay wait she says "I tend to be extremely over suspicious of Sart and am trying to tame that a bit." so..lotus felt suspicious of Sart, decided that she is always suspicious of Sart when they're village, so decides to follow him? lol 

Edited by Illwei

3 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Yeah last minute I was like ‘wait we shouldn’t lynch Mist again’ but I didn’t want to make a last minute vote change...

It would've been fine, imo. You could've just taken it off, resulting in a Vapor lynch (which at least had visible reasoning) or vote Mint. There were other options. Idk though, the end was very rushed.

19 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Sorry Mist for two in a row :P.

K, so this makes me question Lotus, who voted Mist right as Mint tied the vote:

I don't know why @Lotus voted Mint here. I think that her reasoning is that she tends to be suspicious of Sart, so in an attempt to remedy that voted on Sart's suspicion? To me that seems strange.

When she voted, it was 2 votes for Mist, 2 votes for Vapor. There's the possibility of a Lotus/Vapor team with Lotus throwing out this vote to save Vapor, but it's kinda far-fetched. It is something I'll look into though, as I have absolutely no idea why Mist had any votes on her at all. What were the suspicions on her that were mentioned?

...Were there any? @Sart, @Frozen Mint, what made you vote Mist?

I had no intention of making Mint or Mist die. I am very sorry and if I had been there I would have saved her.