The Mishmash Inn (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

30 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

After unpacking her bags, Mira headed back downstairs, humming as her fingers tapped out a beat. She was going to be living her for a while, so why not explore the place? The scent of coffee hung in the air, and... what were those spluttering noises? Regardless, getting something to drink would be a good start. She went into the Café, passing a man who was just leaving, and walked up to the counter.

“I’ll take a short black, thanks.”

@Negative_Null 

"Let's see here. Black coffee, short..."

"Skitty skitty bang bang DING"

"That was shorter than usual. Sorry for the wait. Would you like a book recommendation with your coffee?"

27 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

He looks genuinely confused. "What? You mean you don't... ah, I see. You're a new 'un. Here, I'll help ya along a bit--free of charge." He leans in, despite the fact that he's a few booths away from you. "Why don'tcha go head on back to yer room and check the nooks 'n crannies, hm? Then ye can come on back here."

Mira frowned as she listened. Secrets... in her room? Maybe she should have done more research into this inn before applying. Before she could reply, the coffee machine spluttered to life behind her.

12 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"Let's see here. Black coffee, short..."

"Skitty skitty bang bang DING"

"That was shorter than usual. Sorry for the wait. Would you like a book recommendation with your coffee?"

“No, thank you,” Mira said, taking the small paper takeout cup. She took a sip. “Good coffee,” she said, flicking the barista 5MM. 

She left the Café and went back to her room. 

Would I be able to get a description of my room? No hints necessary, I just want to know what’s in here. 

Edited by The Awakened Salad

Just now, Enter a username said:

Medical update?

You're good to go, mate.

Just now, The Awakened Salad said:

Mira frowned as she listened. Secrets... in her room? Maybe she should have done more research into this inn before applying. Before she could reply, the coffee machine spluttered to life behind her.

“No, thank you,” Mira said, taking the small paper takeout cup. She took a sip. “Good coffee,” she said, flicking the barista 5MM. 

She left the Café and headed back to her room. 

The room is simple: A twin bed sitting against a wall, facing a TV screen and a painting by an artist nobody's heard of. There's a closet to the right of the bed, and to the left is a bathroom. A large bedstand with a roomy drawer sits contently with a fake flower in a vase right next to a landline phone.

Enter a username stumbled toward the front desk, still dizzy from the stab wound. "Hi... could I get a room here for the time being?"

Before you say it, yes I understand that he was probably fully healed. But he did just get attacked, stabbed, and healed all in rapid succession, so he was still quite disoriented.

2 minutes ago, Enter a username said:

Enter a username stumbled toward the front desk, still dizzy from the stab wound. "Hi... could I get a room here for the time being?"

"Of course, sir. I'll have Tina get you a room lickety-split." The doctor calls up the front office. After talking for a second, he nods and hangs up. "Alright. You've got room B19. Here's your keycard; it also has 50 MM on it."

27 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

The room is simple: A twin bed sitting against a wall, facing a TV screen and a painting by an artist nobody's heard of. There's a closet to the right of the bed, and to the left is a bathroom. A large bedstand with a roomy drawer sits contently with a fake flower in a vase right next to a landline phone.

Mira kicked off her shoes as she shut the door. She went to the painting first. In movies, there was always something hidden behind the painting. 

7 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Too bad this isn't a movie.

Nothing was there. Just a wall. She sighed and scanned the room: the closet and bed stand, her bed with luggage still piled on top, the bathroom entrance, the flower. Her eyes latched onto that spot of colour, and she went over to inspect it. 

When you treat this like a point and click game and try to interact with literally everything 

Edited by The Awakened Salad

6 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Nothing was there. Just a wall. She sighed and scanned the room: the closet and bed stand, her bed with luggage still piled on top, the bathroom entrance, the flower. Her eyes latched onto that spot of colour, and she went over to inspect it. 

The flower seems normal enough. You can't twist its pedals in any way, or bend its stem, or anything. You feel like you're on the right track, though.

The Café is open!

Today's special: Breakfast sandwiches. If it fits between two halves of a bagel, it's all yours

Trivia question: Same as the last three days, since no one answered it! What friend and other author did Brandon reference in Well of Ascension by naming a character after him?

We also have a spicy new addition to our offerings, if you know where to look.

5 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Vapor stands in the kitchen, making bagels because she doesn't want to buy some.

The kitchen is larger than most, with plenty of room for chefs to work by themselves without bumping into one another. There are counters all along the side, some with griddles, others with stovetops. The island in the middle is covered in water from the dripping pans hanging above it. Most of the cooks are working on an Asian dish, running back and forth to and from the spice cabinet to make curry, na'an, and the like.