11 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Guys, I like Star Wars a lot, but I'm not nearly at the level of superfan as you are. Can you move this discussion to the Star Wars thread? I liked giving relationship advice better.

but... Boys

guys I can't believe I missed the prequel discussion :(

anyway I think that the series need to be separated when discussing rankings. The original and sequel series are meant to be taken seriously and are. The prequels are just complete memes. Therefore you cannot compare the prequels to the original and sequel series.

Now that we've cleared that up, the original series is obviously the best, with Empire Strikes Back being the best. The sequel series was terrible AS A SERIES, but as individual films they were good. I also very much enjoyed Rogue One and Solo.

Also has anyone watched the Empire Strikes Out? It's a LEGO spin off of empire strikes back and it's HILARIOUS! I used to have it memorized when I was a child.

19 minutes ago, revelryintheart said:

Also has anyone watched the Empire Strikes Out? It's a LEGO spin off of empire strikes back and it's HILARIOUS! I used to have it memorized when I was a child.

I actually need to watch this again. Bring back those memories of toddler Palpatine. That was really the best. 

5 hours ago, The_Truthwatcher said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I haven't seen Star Wars. :ph34r:

Same. And as a fellow Asian, I'd like to ask you whether or not Star Wars is a HUGE HIT in your country. I'm pretty sure less then 1/6 of my country's population have watch it.

Spoiler

The Avengers is far more famous

Spoiler

And I haven't watch it

5 minutes ago, The One Ring said:

Same. And as a fellow Asian, I'd like to ask you whether or not Star Wars is a HUGE HIT in your country. I'm pretty sure less then 1/6 of my country's population have watch it.

Hide contents

The Avengers is far more famous

Hide contents

And I haven't watch it

WOAH this is actually super interesting for me my Western mindset bias was just totally going off here thinking all like "oh yeah it's super popular because it's popular here" and not even thinking about that very interesting! I would be quite curious for The_Truthwatcher's answer.

And The One Ring do you think there is a specific reason why Avengers (which you should totally watch btw it's awesome :)) is more popular where you live or is it just because? I'ma be sure to check this next time I can lol super, super interested

Avengers is probably more poplar because it is happining right now. Star Wars caeme out in like 1980, and I don't think their were many cinima halls at that poinat in time. Many people did see the sequels but the Avenger movies are much more famouse.

Edited by The_Truthwatcher

18 minutes ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

Avengers is probably more popular because it is happening right now. Star Wars came out in like 1980, and I don't think thee were many cinema halls at that point in time. Many people did see the sequels but the Avenger movies are much more famous.

HUH, interesting, interesting. Yeah that would make sense. If there's no access to the movies it doesn't become a large part of the culture. And I think a large part of the success of Star Wars here was that it became a part of many different generations and the love of it was passed down to each. Because each set of movies came out for like a different generation sorta kinda it grew to become a cultural love of it. That's super interesting thank you!

And then Avengers yeah now, as things have modernized, there's more access so it can be a bigger part of a culture. And since it is happening more NOW there is more discussion and advertising so there is a larger access pool and desire to be interested. Also can't forget the role improved access to technology and ads/social media might play as it allows it to become more prevalent in the society especially with modern advertising techniques.

WOW thank you for that was not at all expecting to be recognizing and challenging my own biases while discussing Star Wars. The more you know... :D

Edit: And The One Ring please add on if you have anything. Might not check for a bit but I will when I come back

Edited by Scout_Fox