The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

1 minute ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"That's pretty advanced," Martin remarks, looking at the laser gun.  "Does it have a cooling system?"  He winces.  "And, ah, Fehn, I'd recommend not looking down the barrel."

"I think so. It heats up real fast to generate, but it cools down even faster."

Just now, Spren of Kindness said:

"Does it burn you when it heats up?  That's what was hampering our scientists in getting decent hand-held laser weapons."

"No, it doesn't," he said, "But I'm not too familiar with the exact workings of it. But I feel it's pretty recent development... at least, wherever I'm from."

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

"No, it doesn't," he said, "But I'm not too familiar with the exact workings of it. But I feel it's pretty recent development... at least, wherever I'm from."

"Makes sense.  Lasers are a minefield of..." Martin waves his hands vaguely, "Stuff.  Ethics, mechanics, supplies.  Where I'm from, it took a good... I think a decade before testing was approved."

4 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

N'Fehn hands the gun back and tries to understand what this "cooling system" is and all that

3 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"Makes sense.  Lasers are a minefield of..." Martin waves his hands vaguely, "Stuff.  Ethics, mechanics, supplies.  Where I'm from, it took a good... I think a decade before testing was approved."

"Near infinite ammunition was revolutionary for wars, I think." Fresco paused. "Though I'm not sure how I know that.'

"Near infinite ammunition was revolutionary for wars, I think." Fresco paused. "Though I'm not sure how I know that.'

"Oh yeah.  The concept was applauded, especially when people realized it could mean soldiers could carry more medical or survival equipment.  But it leads to a lot of stalemates."  Martin rubs the back of his neck absently.  "They're still better than E.B.s, so there's that."

4 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

She looked at the weapon, shocked. "How do I get one? Mine is a simple pistol. It shoots bullets, not lasers."

Just now, Random Bystander said:

She looked at the weapon, shocked. "How do I get one? Mine is a simple pistol. It shoots bullets, not lasers."

"Ancient technology," said Fresco, "I assume if we ever were to find my world, you could get one there."

3 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"Oh yeah.  The concept was applauded, especially when people realized it could mean soldiers could carry more medical or survival equipment.  But it leads to a lot of stalemates."  Martin rubs the back of his neck absently.  "They're still better than E.B.s, so there's that."

"E.B.s? I'm not familiar with that term."

"Ancient technology," said Fresco, "I assume if we ever were to find my world, you could get one there."

"Never let it be said that a disgruntled foot squad is good at naming things.  It stands for explosive bullet.  Take a bomb, make it aerodynamic, shrink it, and you've got a war crime."

I've got class, so I'll be gone for an hour or so, but I'm going to come back to this conversation, I promise!

Do not forget meeee

1 minute ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Although," she mused, "There are many situations when bullets would be more useful. Like if you had to fight a radiant. They could heal from that. They can't heal from plain old aluminum bullets."

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

"Although," she mused, "There are many situations when bullets would be more useful. Like if you had to fight a radiant. They could heal from that. They can't heal from plain old aluminum bullets."

"What the heck is a radiant?"

Just now, Condensation said:

"Or... guns at all?" Andante sighed. "Look, I know we're up here to clean out the outposts or whatever, but do we really need to kill them?"

"We're not going to win a war without killing anyone," Fresco pointed out.

2 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"What the heck is a radiant?"

She sighed. She had not been expecting to have to explain investure to them as well. "A Radiant, or as they are more commonly called a Knight Radiant, is basically a magic warrior with healing powers, a shardblade, shardplate, and two different types of magic."