The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

Just now, Condensation said:

"Are you all right?"

"What do you think?"  He's not alright.  And how is she from Earth, there's no way she's from his Earth.  It's all wrong.

And there goes the last of his air.  Things are almost amusingly fuzzy.

It's then that his lungs unconstrict, of course.

Just now, Spren of Kindness said:

"What do you think?"  He's not alright.  And how is she from Earth, there's no way she's from his Earth.  It's all wrong.

And there goes the last of his air.  Things are almost amusingly fuzzy.

It's then that his lungs unconstrict, of course.

"You definitely don't sound all right. Can I help? How do I help?"

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

"You definitely don't sound all right. Can I help? How do I help?"

"Give it a second," he rasps.  He hates it when this happens.  It's the most stupid warning shot in existence.  And of course it works across dimensions, or whatever this is.

"Sorry," he clears his throat.  "Sometimes have trouble breathing.  It's a bit annoying when it happens in the middle of something.  You were saying, you're from Earth as well?  Whereabouts?"

"Give it a second," he rasps.  He hates it when this happens.  It's the most stupid warning shot in existence.  And of course it works across dimensions, or whatever this is.

"Sorry," he clears his throat.  "Sometimes have trouble breathing.  It's a bit annoying when it happens in the middle of something.  You were saying, you're from Earth as well?  Whereabouts?"

"I lived in the UK, although apparently I was originally from Spain."

Got it wrong - apparently Caucasian doesn't mean what I thought it did. Hispanic.

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hey, T... Ember loves you."

She stopped. "What? What do you mean?" 

The one (?) thing that would make her change course, probably. 

Edited by Mist

"I lived in the UK, although apparently I was originally from Spain."

"Oh.  I'm sorry.  You're one of the ones who weren't there, then?"  Martin really doesn't like this.  Nothing is right, this woman doesn't seem upset about anything, and his warning shot just went off.  He's lucky that he seems to have deflected the questions about Earth's location.

"Oh.  I'm sorry.  You're one of the ones who weren't there, then?"  Martin really doesn't like this.  Nothing is right, this woman doesn't seem upset about anything, and his warning shot just went off.  He's lucky that he seems to have deflected the questions about Earth's location.

"Weren't where?"

She's 17-18, just so you know. :P

"Weren't where?"

"In... Europe?  Or Africa, I guess."

Okay, I wasn't sure, plus Martin's got some things going on.  He tends to use basic descriptions unless otherwise needed.

I've got to go for the night, so will we be able to continue this tomorrow?

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I mean that he cares about you. He's a good guy... supportive, dependable. You shouldn't let something as trivial as knowing your name get between you two."

"It's not that he knows my name. It's why he knows it. Tawny," she trails off and shivers. 

"The... attacks, two years ago.  How did you not hear about those?"  What is going on?

“I don’t know how long I’ve been gone... it feels like only a little bit. But do - will you tell me more? My father was supposed to be in Africa for a while, that’s why I was at home by myself.”

13 minutes ago, Condensation said:

“I don’t know how long I’ve been gone... it feels like only a little bit. But do - will you tell me more? My father was supposed to be in Africa for a while, that’s why I was at home by myself.”

"In '73, the war heated up again, and things got bad.  There were... multiple attacks.  Very bad ones.  The entire west coast of Europe and most of Africa is gone, and the rest of it's pretty unliveable.  A lot of people got out, though."  Martin remembers the claustrophobia of the transports, the panic of the screenings.  It had been rough.

I'm gonna PM you a couple things just to sort out the Earthlings' stories, if that's okay.

4 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"In '73, the war heated up again, and things got bad.  There were... multiple attacks.  Very bad ones.  The entire west coast of Europe and most of Africa is gone, and the rest of it's pretty unliveable.  A lot of people got out, though."  Martin remembers the claustrophobia of the transports, the panic of the screenings.  It had been rough.

Go right ahead!

Andante gasped. This was bad...

"When are you going back? Could I come with you?"

"We'll need to talk to Fadran, maybe Enter too, but... I don't... You'd be walking into a lot of risk coming with me to where I have to go."  He'd have to talk fast.  Have to use everything.  But it's possible.  Dangerous, but possible.

"We'll need to talk to Fadran, maybe Enter too, but... I don't... You'd be walking into a lot of risk coming with me to where I have to go."  He'd have to talk fast.  Have to use everything.  But it's possible.  Dangerous, but possible.

"I can take risk. Or we could go back my way. If I could only get a picture of somewhere on Earth, I can take us back!"

"I can take risk. Or we could go back my way. If I could only get a picture of somewhere on Earth, I can take us back!"

"You can, but I can't.  There's some specific hoops I have to jump through to make this happen."  Does he have any information, any favors?  Maybe.

"Ah... I'm here under very specific circumstances.  If I don't go back the way I was instructed, I'll be in trouble."  He rubs the base of his neck beneath his hair, where the neural web scars are.  "A lot of rather physical trouble."

Andante looked torn. "How long would it take?"

Andante looked torn. "How long would it take?"

"We talk to Fadran.  We talk to Enter.  I explain to the three of you what you're going into by coming with me."  He tries to keep her from going.  "We go."  It's not a good plan.  Not in the slightest.  But he's cutting it, and daily electrocution just isn't good for him.  "It's possible we'd have to leave this war behind.  Abandon these people."  He knows that that might not be something she's willing to do.